Thread: Excel 2019: ActiveX-Listbox works on my computer, but not on another Computer

Excel 2019: ActiveX-Listbox works on my computer, but not on another Computer

Hi Folks,

something weird:

I've written a small tool for my boss in excel (for him to query our database).
    For that, on the primary worksheet there are some ActiveX-Controls (ActiveX, not those Form-Thingies)
    ListBox and Textbox (Note: Worksheet, not UserForm!)

Now the weird part: on my computer (dev-machine) it works without problems
    on my boss' computer the workbook opens, macro's get activated, but the textbox and listbox behave as if disabled!
    He can't click an entry in the listbox!
    I know the macros work, because at startup a small UserForm for Login pops up, and the code runs without error.

I checked the Trust Center: macros as well as activex-controls are fully enabled!

Anyone has an idea what's going on?

EDIT: No Worksheet-Protection whatsoever active
    Last edited by Zvoni; Oct 9th, 2020 at 06:06 AM.
    Last edited by Zvoni; Tomorrow at 31:69 PM.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

One System to rule them all, One Code to find them,
    One IDE to bring them all, and to the Framework bind them,
    in the Land of Redmond, where the Windows lie
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People call me crazy because i'm jumping out of perfectly fine airplanes.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Code is like a joke: If you have to explain it, it's bad

Re: Excel 2019: ActiveX-Listbox works on my computer, but not on another Computer

Are they greyed out? I assume that you cannot click on the text box and enter anything.

I would check the Windows version and Excel version between the 2 machines to see if there are any differences. I had this happen several years ago when a Microsoft "update" broke ActiveX controls. Several months later, Microsoft finally sent out a fix in another "update". If both computers are on Windows 10, check release number and which updates have been applied.