Thread: Question 6.16 in book

Question 6.16 in book

Hello,

I am currently a student in school and learning how to use Visual Basic. Currently for homework, we are assigned to do assignment 6.16 in the Visual Basic 2012 How To Program 6th Edition textbook. The assignment is to:

Develop an app that computes a student's average quiz score for all of the quiz scores entered. The user enters each grade and presses a button to submit it. Use instance variables to keep track of the sum of all the quiz scores entered and the number of quiz scores entered. After the user enters each grade, display the number of quizzes taken and average for all grades entered so far.

Please see attached image for what the app is supposed to look like. Grateful for any help or if someone can create a video of how to create it!

Name:  Screen Shot 2020-10-06 at 8.06.14 PM.jpg
Views: 286
Size:  37.1 KB

Sinecure devotee

Re: Question 6.16 in book

Since the Book is Visual Basic 2012, which is a .Net version, you shouldn't have posted in the Visual Basic 6 and Earlier forum (The last legacy Visual Basic Circa 1998).
    The book is for a eight year old language, and you posted in a forum for a 22 year old language.

I've notified the Admins to move the thread to the Visual Basic .Net forum.

Did you look online from the book publisher to see if they had code examples to support the book?
    Also, since this is homework, what part are you having issues with. We don't do homework and it isn't our purpose to teach you how to program. We help you with specific problems you may be having with code you've written.
    Since you haven't written any code, there is nothing for us to help you with.

Since this is assignment 6.16, wasn't there anything taught in the preceding 5 chapters to help with creating a form, and adding controls, and adding code to handle events associated with the controls? It doesn't really make sense to reiterate what the book is teaching in this forum.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Thread moved to appropriate forum.

In all honesty, though, you're unlikely to get much help with your question in the way you've asked it. Members of this forum will be happy to help you with your assignment but they won't do it for you. Have you taken a stab at this yourself? What did you manage to achieve? Where did you get stuck?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

jmcilhinney would explain it better than me (because he is much more skilled than me and because he wrote the basic of algorithm so many times in this forum) but you should start by writing on a paper what you want to do, the steps, the variables (do you need integer, double, arrays , list (of) etc) , controls (the number of forms, labels, buttons, textbox, etc..) you would need, the method (sub) and function ( for the calculation) you would need and how it should be structured: "when I click on this button, it should do .... I don't know, store the data entered somewhere, use it to do some calculus, show the result, etc... when I click on this other button, it should do ... etc...).
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)