Thread: How to print the information posted on the CwVList object (Included in the VbWidgets

How to print the information posted on the CwVList object (Included in the VbWidgets

Hello the community I have a large concern which requires of assistance of the examples, right knowledge how to print the information posted on the CwVList object (Included in the VbWidgets library in conjunction with (RC5)?
    I would like to know if there is the possibility of printing the data posted on cwVList, myself I tested, but I do not find the way short, yours assistances of use will be the welcome, and I would appreciate of the assistance come to Olaf its would relieve me,

PowerPoster

Re: How to print the information posted on the CwVList object (Included in the VbWidg

First of all, your question would be better placed in the normal Forum (not in the CodeBank),
    but I'll answer it here anyways, in case a moderator will move the thread to the main-VB6-forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Napstore View Post
    ...how to print the information posted on the CwVList object
    (Included in the VbWidgets library in conjunction with (RC5)?
    ... as the class-name cwVList suggests, this is a Virtual-ListControl - and as such,
    it will not "hold" any Data inside of its class-structures or -variables.

All your Data is kept outside of such a Virtual Control (inside normal Arrays, Collections or Recordsets) -
    and the "visualizing" (the Rendering) of that Data then happens "outside the Control" as well
    (usually within Handler-Procs of the appropriate VList_OwnerDraw-Events, the Widget-Class will throw into the hosting Form).

So you will have to look (e.g. inside these just mentioned Event-Handlers),
    in which DataContainer your data is really located (Array, Collection or Recordset) -
    it will for sure not sit within the cwVList-Control itself, which does not know anything about that Data.

And after you found that DataContainer-Object or -Array, you should now be able,
    to render its whole content (by looping over all its "Rows" or "Records") -
    also on a Printer-Canvas (a Printer-hDC or alternatively on a PDF-Surface of the RC5).

As for rendering stuff directly into a PDF, there's an example here:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....rawingRoutine)

HTH

Olaf

Re: How to print the information posted on the CwVList object (Included in the VbWidg

How do I render this on a PDF surface of the RC5 if for example I have 200 records to print? this is my wish
    Last edited by Napstore; Oct 6th, 2020 at 03:17 PM.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Moved to main forum. Codebank is for code submissions rather than questions.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Napstore View Post
    How do I render this on a PDF surface of the RC5 if for example I have 200 records to print? this is my wish
    I've uploaded a new Demo (which is capable, to render a Recordset across several Pages) in the CodeBank-thread here:
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5497234

HTH

Olaf