Thread: how to programatically use the gpedit.msc? or there is a command line version?

Fanatic Member

how to programatically use the gpedit.msc? or there is a command line version?

I am tryinging to configure the lanman (client side), in Windows 10 LTSC , the default is not to navigate in network directories anonymously (surelly for security reasons in a corporate environment), but this version of windows is also usual in gaming houses, LanHouses, which uses too this kind of windows virtually, because it is light.

So I need to "enable the non secure guest sessions" under lanman workstation (in spanish "habilitar el inicio de sesión de invitado no seguros".

Anyway, I toogle that politic, and watched the registry to see which key is affected, so then I regedit that instead using the gpedit, but, it didn't work, and I think some CLSIDs are different from machine to machine, atleast didn't found the same.

the only one config that is not under a CLSID path is this, <RUN="cmd /c REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\LanmanWorkstation" /V "AllowInsecureGuestAuth" /t REG_DWORD /D 1 /f">

But this is not working, the client can't browser the anonymous browseable folders with just that reg add

Anyone solved this puzzle already?.

Re: how to programatically use the gpedit.msc? or there is a command line version?

That's not the correct Registry setting. Read this:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/tro...led-by-default

Also, is the guest account on the server enabled?