Hi all.
I haven't kept up with changes in Access, but I am trying to put an object on a form that lets me create a new record based on an existing record. I need it to be unbound because of the way the data is stored (data is a concatenated string with markers and values throughout for different pieces of data, so each new record would have a different number of "fields" entered/edited by the user and I would reconcatenate the data for the new record to be created.

To that end, what I think would work best would be something like a datagrid where I break down the main data string in code and load the markers (identifiers) in one column not editable, and then load the data values from that string into the next column (which the user could keep, edit, or just delete as needed).

I don't see an object like that now. There used to be an MSFlexGrid that could be loaded this way but I don't see that anymore, and I have read about just putting a datasheet on the form, but I'm wondering if those have to be bound, and if they can be loaded with whatever I want, since just putting the concatenated data string out on a datasheet view would be useless to the end user.

Any thoughts?
Thanks.