Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

  1. #1

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    120

    Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    i am using winsock control to post to a website multiple times and i need to increase keep alive from 100 requests to 10.000 requests
    this line: Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    please help

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 05:23:28 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
    Pragma: no-cache
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=Windows-1251

  2. #2
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    21,566

    Re: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    I doubt you can.

    The server is telling you that it will not accept more than 100 transactions before closing the connection. Probably in order to fight against denial of service malware and site pillager malware.

  3. #3
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,188

    Re: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    Quote Originally Posted by geekmaro View Post
    i am using winsock control to post to a website multiple times and i need to increase keep alive from 100 requests to 10.000 requests
    this line: Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    please help

    HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2020 05:23:28 GMT
    Server: Apache
    Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT
    Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate
    Pragma: no-cache
    Vary: Accept-Encoding
    Keep-Alive: timeout=5, max=100
    Connection: Keep-Alive
    Transfer-Encoding: chunked
    Content-Type: text/html; charset=Windows-1251
    From your previous posts, you appear to be trying to automate either account creation or possibly trying to hack into accounts at https://bbhyip.ru, which appears to be a Russian Bitcoin "HYIP" (ponzi scheme). I think your threads here related to all of this should be closed.

  4. #4

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    120

    Re: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    From your previous posts, you appear to be trying to automate either account creation or possibly trying to hack into accounts at https://bbhyip.ru, which appears to be a Russian Bitcoin "HYIP" (ponzi scheme). I think your threads here related to all of this should be closed.
    no, my goal is to refresh page to detect changes on site

  5. #5
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    35,331

    Re: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    How frequently? The server may well block frequent requests because it would see it as a DOS attack, but how frequently do you expect things to change, anyways?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  6. #6

    Thread Starter
    Lively Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    120

    Re: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    How frequently? The server may well block frequent requests because it would see it as a DOS attack, but how frequently do you expect things to change, anyways?
    every 1 hr

  7. #7
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    35,331

    Re: Vb6: winsock keep alive problem

    Well, THAT shouldn't be seen as a DOS. Why bother keeping anything alive for that long? Why would you even want that on your side, let alone theirs? Just connect once an hour and don't bother with keeping a connection alive.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width