Thread: Weird behavior of focus

Weird behavior of focus

Simple ...

Does anyone had a similar problem with vb6....

When i open .exe application originally made with VB6, load some dll made with .NET under certain circumstances ( unknown ) form lose focus and no way i can get it back. i.e i click manually on textbox and trying to switch with tab or enter but nothing is happening.

The only way to get focus back is to reload the complete exe and it works without problem.

What may cause tab order / focus to stop working until restart. I run code and do the same steps like 10 times and error occur only once. How to debug those behavior ?

PowerPoster

Re: Weird behavior of focus

Sounds like something is shown modal and is behind your form taking focus away from it.

Re: Weird behavior of focus

Quote Originally Posted by DataMiser View Post
    Sounds like something is shown modal and is behind your form taking focus away from it.
    Hey, that may actually be a problem. Very good pointing. Can it be for not dispossing corectly additional objects ?

I.E from my .exe i createobject myDll.dll which contain winform. On that form i click on object and do myproperty = somevalue Me.Close

Maybe Me.Close sometimes makes a problem and not disposing objects form correctly