Thread: Which is best Linq or Normal SQL query

Which is best Linq or Normal SQL query

Which is best Linq or Normal SQL query
    < advertising removed by moderator >

Re: Which is best Linq or Normal SQL query

Neither is inherently better. SQL is only an option when querying a database so if you're queuing something else then LINQ is your only option of the two. In situations where you are querying a database, LINQ is only an option if you're using LINQ to SQL or Entity Framework. Even then, the LINQ providers translate your LINQ into SQL under the hood. As with any tools, you use the one that is most appropriate for the situation and/or you prefer.

I moved this thread from XML, HTML, Javascript, Web, and CSS to Database Development considering this is a question about comparing the .NET component, LINQ, to the database query language, SQL.

Still not certain if this forum is the appropriate place to put this thread, could elaborate on why you would need to compare the two?
    "Code is like humor. When you have to explain it, it is bad." - Cory House
    VbLessons | Code Tags | Sword of Fury - Jameram

Quote Originally Posted by dday9 View Post
    could elaborate on why you would need to compare the two?
    I doubt that's going to happen. Looking at this member's history, they drop a question now and again and, as far as I can see, never address any of the replies provided. I suspect that they are using some automated tool to post to multiple sites in order to get the advertising that was in their signature to be seen. I think that they probably going on my Ignore list, so I don't waste any further time providing information that appears to never be used and certainly not appreciated.