Thread: Food delivery app development

Food delivery app development

Hi everyone. I'm the owner of the development studio in San Francisco, and we got a good offer for developing a food delivery app. I know that competition in this niche is high, especially now.
    So i`m looking for any advice about problems of food apps, that we can fix and make our future app better, than our competitors.

Lively Member

Re: Food delivery app development

lots of things but I have to suggest some important point from my point of view

1.SIMPLE AND CLEAR DESIGN
    2.QUICK LOGIN AND CHECKOUT
    3.CONSISTENCY AND SIMPLE NAVIGATION
    4.PROMINENT CART BUTTON
    5.ONE HAND INPUT
    buttons should be placed in the thumb-friendly zone
    -Add to cart
    -Proceed button that leads from cart to checkout
    -Pay button at the payment screen
    -Categories
    -Sub-categories
    -Products
    6.QUICK LOADING
    7.FAVOURITE OR WISH LIST FEATURE
    8.SECURITY FIRST
    9.AUTO SUGGESTION
    10.PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE
    Last edited by Prahlad; Nov 18th, 2020 at 01:59 AM.

2507 Westminster, Blvd parlin, NJ, 08859.

Re: Food delivery app development

As per the question, you want to create a 3rd party food delivery app like UberEATS, Zomato, GrubHub, and others and not a specific restaurant application.

Just to boost your morale, let me take you to your own words you mentioned in your question as “I know that competition in this niche is high, especially now.”

Now, if you focus on your word “Competition”, you know there are many companies providing online food delivery services. The thing you need to look at is why there is a competition? Are existing companies unable to satisfy all their customers? Or could not serve in all countries, states, cities, regions? Or are they lacking in-app features and offers? It could be anything.

There are many reasons which you can find with brainstorming. If there are many companies offering the same service, that means there are still some loopholes that customers choose other companies over the earlier one or vice versa.

You are looking for advice for uniqueness to be inbuilt in your application and it is unknown that what it could be? It is unsure if the technical changes will make your app successful. Nah!

It could be discounts
    It could be application design
    It could be food delivery time (in how much time your delivery man delivers food to your customer)
    It could be an app loading time
    It could be to provide a secure payment system
    It could be app responsiveness
    It could be buttons you have on the application
    It could be complex design and menu bar
    It could be complex navigation
    It could be to offer best offers at affordable rates
    It could be to deliver food to all areas where your competitors don’t
    It could be to add a wish list feature
    Adding feature of auto suggestion
    24/7 customer service
    Displaying all products with comparison option

There is still a gap in satisfying customers and that is why there are several food delivery applications available in the market. If you are also joining the list, you are making the right decision as it is possible that you have come up with all the solutions that your competitors are lacking in providing.
    However, consulting an expert will help you in saving time, getting a robust app with on-time delivery.

Experts have written a blog for startups who want to start their own online food delivery business. The blog has helped 10+ startups understand the concept in deep, and win the market. If you are looking for the same and want to get the best application for your dream project, this blog might help you in achieving that.