Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Planet Source Code Jumbo Resource CDs

Hyperactive Member

Re: Planet Source Code Jumbo Resource CDs

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
    what is the error?
    "Error establishing a secure connection

An error occurred while connecting to www.mediafire.com. PR_END_OF_FILE_ERROR

The page you are trying to view cannot be displayed because the validity of the received data cannot be verified.
    Please contact the website owners and let them know about this issue."

Folks, please don't put links to monster sharable compacted wads of executable code in this thread. The OP took the time to clean up what was linked to. Uncleaned, there will be lots of things included in the zip that people don't want. After all, it doesn't pass virus scans. Whether or not that means that a large wad of unverified executable code found on the internet actually does contain viruses, or only is reported to, is only a matter of academic interest.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Hyperactive Member

I posted the source files of the projects and the text files of the code. There's only one executable file to work with the database.

Lively Member

Sorry, error in post a msg

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by bcelestia View Post
    Hi, Can you PM me the link to your 21 PSC original CDs please
    I am interested, please if possible, send to my email the links to the 21 Cd's, many work made in planetsourcecode!!!

Thanks in advance...

Quote Originally Posted by James Reynolds View Post
    I am interested, please if possible, send to my email the links to the 21 Cd's, many work made in planetsourcecode!!!

Thanks in advance...
    There are no links to 21 CDs. Everything available is uploaded to archive.org or to github.com so no need to pick up bait on a naked fish-hook.

Lively Member

There is a piece of software that I don't know well because it has never been done, and that is to convert a forum into a virtual machine, which becomes a server...

I did it for a Forum of mine, and although it took me some work, it wasn't much either, about 2 weeks, using the XAMPP software - https://www.apachefriends.org/es/index.html - create a virtual machine with virtualbox with a windows xp into, and I put my entire forum in it, I had to change the links to localhost in the forum database, I don't remember right now, but it wasn't very complicated...

I have never understood why it has not been done, because when in a forum, the admin stops paying for the hosting, the whole forum disappears as if out of nowhere, an enormous amount of effort made to help and give, disappears in a second, and that not well...

Many forums are disappearing, I'm afraid that this one, vbforums.com, which is the best that remains... And if it does, millions of words and written codes could disappear in nothing...

I have not been able to do this to convert a forum into a virtual machine that has the entire forum inside, but I always thought that there should have been such software, something that converts an entire forum into a virtual machine and thus never loses all that information made with such good faith and often important...

I don't have time, I even wanted to try and buy forumtoexe.com but I couldn't due to lack of time...

As I commented, it was not very difficult for me, and I had no idea of xampp or servers, I had never touched that in my life, but I only created the virtual machine with windows xp inside, with xampp I turned it into a server, I copied everything the forum files and the images and so on, and then it was just changing the links to localhost in the forum database, it really wasn't very complicated for me...

I comment in case someone is encouraged! It could also be a good business "Turn your forum into a Virtual Machine, and have it available forever", I think it would sell well...

And my forum was perfect, with everything, search engine, pages the same as the ones I had, just the same as when I had it online, and as I said, it wasn't very complicated for me...

And I have it complete and functional forever - well, yes, you can save the forum files and the database, but you have to upload it again -... It took more than 15 Years of Effort by Many People and since I no longer I could keep it, I didn't want to lose it... And I passed it on to everyone who wanted to have it from the people who had written in my Forum...

Greetings!!! Sorry for my bad English...
    Last edited by James Reynolds; Apr 12th, 2023 at 12:19 PM.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by wqweto View Post
    There are no links to 21 CDs. Everything available is uploaded to archive.org or to github.com so no need to pick up bait on a naked fish-hook.
    Thanks for the info wqweto...

Quote Originally Posted by lordnikon View Post
    Ok If this is against the rules here then let me know

Link to all 21 cds

-link removed-
    Could you please email me the link at multilarm at zayeed.org? Many thanks mate.

Fanatic Member

Is there any torrent for this?

PowerPoster

All the projects are on GitHub

https://github.com/Planet-Source-Code/

Fanatic Member

So what is really git hub for type of "Source"? It's quite new to me since I put away all programming back in 2008 the Git hub didn't exist. I have seen comercial developers are in that hub and ask for "open source" they later can charge for...for me as I breifly explained is everything for free on "the net" IF nothing else is stated. I'm the old school lad that got that free attitude
    I'm a "Napster Dude"..you know Fredrik Neikter and "Netbus")
    Last edited by nebeln; Dec 9th, 2023 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nebeln View Post
    So what is really git hub for type of "Source"? It's quite new to me since I put away all programming back in 2008 the Git hub didn't exist. I have seen comercial developers are in that hub and ask for "open source" they later can charge for...for me as I breifly explained is everything for free on "the net" IF nothing else is stated. I'm the old school lad that got that free attitude
    I'm a "Napster Dude"..you know Fredrik Neikter and "Netbus")
    No, I haven't created a torrent for this. I'm not sure what's wrong with the link I provided. However, as stated, Fafalone has placed a version out on GitHub.

What GitHub is, is really a question for another thread.
    Any software I post in these forums written by me is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, and permission is hereby granted, free of charge and without restriction, to any person obtaining a copy. To all, peace and happiness.

Fanatic Member

Aha ,it started up just in the time when I did put coding on the shelf.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123