Thread: Where is the outrage - Trump undermining postal service

Where is the outrage - Trump undermining postal service

I just can't understand why there isn't much more outrage, on both sides of the aisle, that Trump is deliberating undermining our postal service. Put aside his constant, unproven, rhetoric against mail in voting. That has been debunked over and over again but he keeps promoting it. That is not unusual for him but he is acting on it. He put one of his toadies in change and that man, Louis DeJoy, is actively degrading postal services. He has forbidden overtime, reassigned or fired the senior leadership, and is removing hundreds of postal sorting machines to further slow the mail.

OK he is trying to steal the election acting on the false claims about massive fraud. Except of course states with republican governors. He is promoting mail in voting in those states. He is suing Nevada for passing a law encouraging mail in voting. The moron doesn't even get statistically mail in voting is basically a wash for the parties with roughly equal participation.

But the ***** is also undermining the delivery of prescriptions, checks, business correspondence which particularly hurts rural parts of the country. In other words he is hurting the country in a blatant attempt to influence the election in his favor.

Where is the outrage?
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

Re: Where is the outrage - Trump undermining postal service

As far as I can tell no action has been taken, just talk.

It is probably a ploy to get States to use the Absentee Voting model instead of shotgunning ballots out to every illegal alien and dead person they can find an address for.

If they did that Trump wouldn't have a leg to stand on, and he'd have to give up on his tirades about undermining the USPS. I think he knows that as do his supporters.

So the fix is easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    As far as I can tell no action has been taken, just talk.

It is probably a ploy to get States to use the Absentee Voting model instead of shotgunning ballots out to every illegal alien and dead person they can find an address for.

If they did that Trump wouldn't have a leg to stand on, and he'd have to give up on his tirades about undermining the USPS. I think he knows that as do his supporters.

So the fix is easy.
    You are not keeping up with current events or didn't read my post.

He put one of his toadies in change and that man, Louis DeJoy, is actively degrading postal services.

* He has forbidden overtime
    * Reassigned or fired the senior leadership.
    * Removing hundreds of postal sorting machines to further slow the mail.

This has been happening and is currently happening. I know we post counter points and have different political positions. Trump is actively degrading the postal service for his own selfish purposes. It hurts the whole country regardless if you are a republican or democrat.

He even admits it:

Trump said Thursday he does not want to fund the U.S. Postal Service because Democrats are seeking to expand mail-in voting during the corona virus pandemic, making explicit the reason he has declined to approve $25 billion in emergency funding for the cash-strapped agency.

“Now, they need that money in order to make the Post Office work, so it can take all of these millions and millions of ballots,” Trump said in an interview on Fox Business Network’s Maria Bartiromo. He added: “If they don’t get those two items, that means you can’t have universal mail-in voting, because they’re not equipped.”
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Aug 14th, 2020 at 11:36 AM.

PowerPoster

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!

PowerPoster

Well the politicians are doing their usual, the Democrats are calling him out vigorously. The Republicans are staying silent because they are afraid of Trump. As for us citizens, think we're being worn down by the constant stream of lies and unethical actions by Trump. There is also the virus and protesters and stimulus money and schools opening..... I don't have the energy to express my outrage over everything wrong that Trump does. The man is completely morally bankrupt, and easily move from one lie to another without missing a beat. Every day he throws a bag of crap against the wall and hopes something sticks.

btw - A federal judge has ordered the republican campaign party to produce evidence of mail-in voter in a law suit in Pennsylvania.

Dogs and cats living together, mass hysteria!
    It is hard for me to trivialize Trump kneecapping the postal service for his own political gain. I'm surprised anyone can because it hurts so many innocent people.

PowerPoster

Well we always have the option of the Biden-Harris ticket, increasing the role of underpaid prison labor in our economy, shipping more jobs offshore, and expanding wars of aggression.

PowerPoster

Well we always have the option of the Biden-Harris ticket, increasing the role of underpaid prison labor in our economy, shipping more jobs offshore, and expanding wars of aggression.
    Our jobs situation has been on a steady rise since 2012(no counting this year), after the recovery from the financial crisis. There has been no significant change in our troops deployed into hostile countries. I don't know what the hell underpaid prison labor and our economy even means. Trump over and over says he is going to make these things better but so far it's like everything else he says, nothing but self serving BS.

BUT even if I'm wrong and all those terrible things are going to happen if Biden is elected, I would still prefer that (10 fold) to what we got now. A president who is killing Americans, 1000's of them. Not only by his lack of leadership but by him actively giving bad advise, lying about the situation and telling telling people to put your life and your families life at risk because he thinks it would help him win the election. His hands are dripping from the blood of the people he swore to protect.

I suspect that it's actually a ploy to prevent legitimate voters mailing in ballots and thus reducing the number of Democratic voters likely to vote and the illegal alien and dead person part is just the excuse provided.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    It is hard for me to trivialize Trump kneecapping the postal service for his own political gain. I'm surprised anyone can because it hurts so many innocent people.
    We should all be well past expecting its effect on others to have any bearing on Trump's evaluation of an action.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I like your rightness. I am like you but I discovered not so long ago that in politic (or in finance) the point:
    it hurts so many innocent people.
    , they just don't care
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

That's just a diversion from my point...classic whataboutism. I'm surprised you didn't bring up Benghazi. I'm talking about a travesty that is occurring as I type this. You are talking about some future la la land.
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Aug 15th, 2020 at 05:10 AM.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I don't know what the hell underpaid prison labor and our economy even means
    Harris has been accused of exploiting prison labour and even of supressing evidence that would have seen innocent prisoners on death row from being freed. I don't know how much veracity there is to the claims but I suspect it's a very small fire currently generating massive amounts of smoke. Pretty much all these right wing conspiracies (e.g. Pelosi is evil... because she likes ice cream) fall into that category.

What I do find weird is that Dil, despite expressing left wing views whenever pinned down on a point, parrots these right wing conspiracies with unerring consistency. At the point your willing to put your fingers in your ears and ignore the fact that Trump is deliberately and openly trying to undermine your democracy one really has to wonder what the agenda is.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

The phrase "conspiracy theory" suggests something unproven. It does not mean "unfounded" and in these cases they are undeniable facts.

Sorry. Play again?

I have to admit I look forward to the on-camera breakdowns and rage fits in the media when the people triumph as Trump wins against the forces of globalist neoliberalism once more. 2016 was soooo very entertaining!

Trump is an awful person. I don't suggest otherwise. But his opposition is so very much worse in so very many ways. Don't want any more Trumps? Then put up some other candidates who oppose the policies of the Clinton-Bush/Thatcher-Blair crime gang.

PowerPoster

Trump is an awful person. I don't suggest otherwise. But his opposition is so very much worse in so very many ways. Don't want any more Trumps? Then put up some other candidates who oppose the policies of the Clinton-Bush/Thatcher-Blair crime gang.
    This seems to be your goto statement, seen you say simular things multiple time. You state it as if it's a fact but it's not, you hardly ever provide facts and as Ty said it's just a diversion. And you love to throw around the term "globalist neoliberalism", as if it is some sort of death ray and is going to end life on earth. If you think the Democratic ticket is worse, well, that's your opinion, not fact. My opinion is that nothing could be worse for our country than Trump/Pence. Trump may win, if so, it will be far from a triumph for the people. Especially the people who's lives he has sacrificed to achieve his victory.

The phrase "conspiracy theory" suggests something unproven. It does not mean "unfounded" and in these cases they are undeniable facts.
    Sure a conspiracy can be unfounded, most are.

Well...It is not like November 4th we will know who won the election. There will be a GIANT ORANGE stain on it! Probably the Supreme Court involved. The GIANT ORANGE STAIN OF TRUMP FOR DECADES TO COME.