Thread: how do we know App is dpiAware applied currently?

Fanatic Member

how do we know App is dpiAware applied currently?

I have two monitors, one is laptop screen(125% scale, Physical 1366x768), another is an extend(175% scale, , Physical 1920x1080). In maniefst, I set dpiaware:
    <dpiAware xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2005/WindowsSettings">true</dpiAware>
    But I didn't set extend monitor dpiawareness:
    <dpiAwareness xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/SMI/2016/WindowsSettings"> PerMonitor</dpiAwareness>
    In result, laptop screen is dpiaware, extend is not dpiaware.

If the app's Form placement is crossing two monitors by careful adjustment, the app will automatically turn into non-dpiaware. As we know, in non-dpiaware app, some APIs like GetWindowRect return 'false' rectangle. So checking whether the app is dipaware status is crucial. How to check? Any notifications are available in main Form when app is turning into non-dipaware or dipaware?

Re: how do we know App is dpiAware applied currently?

Being DPI aware, but not per-monitor aware, means you are "System DPI Aware". If your app moves to another monitor that has a different DPI setting than the one your app loaded up at, virtualization occurs.

Virtualization will scale your form to the other DPI. In fact, even on the same monitor (let's say a single-monitor system for simplicity), your form scaling may be virtualized. That can happen when, while the app is loaded, the users changes their DPI settings.

If you are not per-monitor aware, most Windows APIs will scale values to your awareness, be it either not aware (always 96 DPI) or system aware (whatever DPI app loaded into).

If your app is per-monitor aware, you get WM_DPIChanged notifications from Windows. If not, no notifications because the system scales the app for you. When per-monitor aware, the system doesn't scale much for you at all. Per MSDN, you may get that message even if not per-monitor aware. But the use of the word "may" indicates that it shouldn't be relied on.
    This message is only relevant for PROCESS_PER_MONITOR_DPI_AWARE applications or DPI_AWARENESS_PER_MONITOR_AWARE threads. It may be received on certain DPI changes if your top-level window or process is running as DPI unaware or system DPI aware, but in those situations it can be safely ignored.
    Edited: in the codebank, I have a project that I hoped might start some conversation on per-monitor awareness. Regardless, the documentation within that project has some really useful stuff that may shed some light?
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Aug 4th, 2020 at 08:30 PM.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    If your app is per-monitor aware, you get WM_DPIChanged notifications from Windows. If not, no notifications because the system scales the app for you. When per-monitor aware, the system doesn't scale much for you at all. Per MSDN, you may get that message even if not per-monitor aware. But the use of the word "may" indicates that it shouldn't be relied on.
    Understand. I shift to other solutions.

I noticed the Aero issue on Win10 that the Form placement can't be automatically align w/o hard code by 8 pixels offset for SizableToolWindow FormBorderStyle.
    On Win7, there's Aero theme as well, why don't have issue w/o offset?
    Code:
    standard code not considering Aero borders
            Form2.Left = Form1.Left + Form1.Width
            Form2.Top = Form1.Top
            Form2.Width = Form1.Width
            Form2.Height = Form1.Height
    Edited:
    are there solid functions to identify we are on either win7 or win10 so that I can use hard code offset for win10 only?
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 4th, 2020 at 08:28 PM.

There are ways to determine if you are on any operating system. Though without a manifest declaring you are at least Win8.1 compatible, Windows may lie to you when on Win10 and say you are on Vista for example. If manifest entries exist, then GetVersionEx will return the correct version. The entries below are in order: Vista, Win7, Win8, WIn8.1, Win10
    Code:
    	<compatibility xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:compatibility.v1">
    		<application>
    			<supportedOS Id="{e2011457-1546-43c5-a5fe-008deee3d3f0}"/>
    			<supportedOS Id="{35138b9a-5d96-4fbd-8e2d-a2440225f93a}"/>
    			<supportedOS Id="{4a2f28e3-53b9-4441-ba9c-d69d4a4a6e38}"/>
    			<supportedOS Id="{1f676c76-80e1-4239-95bb-83d0f6d0da78}"/>
    			<supportedOS Id="{8e0f7a12-bfb3-4fe8-b9a5-48fd50a15a9a}"/>
    		</application>
    	</compatibility>
    Other than manifesting with above entries, I remember seeing a post by Bonnie West that seemed to be a workaround of the Windows O/S version lie, but wouldn't know where it is without spending some searching time -- I'll leave that to you

As for your Aero issue, maybe you can post a sample project, including a res file with manifest (if it applies) that helps explain what you are attempting. I am not clear on what you are doing. Along with that project, maybe an example (text or screenshot) of what is expected and what is actually happening?

Hardcoding offsets is generally not a good solution. Things can change down the road that make those offsets break what they were suppose to fix.

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

Fanatic Member

As for your Aero issue, maybe you can post a sample project, including a res file with manifest (if it applies) that helps explain what you are attempting. I am not clear on what you are doing. Along with that project, maybe an example (text or screenshot) of what is expected and what is actually happening?

Hardcoding offsets is generally not a good solution. Things can change down the road that make those offsets break what they were suppose to fix.
    I stripped down the demo.
    Basically, Form2 should be stick to right side of Form1 on Win10 using the simple code.

Code:
    Sub Main()

'standard code not considering Aero borders
        Form2.Left = Form1.Left + Form1.Width '- 8 * 2 * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
        Form2.Top = Form1.Top

Form1.Show
        Form2.Show

End Sub
    But the result is:
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Well, that is specific enough. I'll check back tomorrow morning to see if you have this resolved then. I won't have access to a VB box until then.

In the mean time, is there any change if you show the forms first, before aligning them? Even if that isn't what you want to do? Reason I ask is that it is possible the form's size and location isn't completely finalized until it is first shown.

Fanatic Member

In the mean time, is there any change if you show the forms first, before aligning them? Even if that isn't what you want to do? Reason I ask is that it is possible the form's size and location isn't completely finalized until it is first shown.
    Tried but result is still the same.

Code:
    Sub Main()

Form1.Show
        Form2.Show

Form2.Left = Form1.Left + Form1.Width '- 8 * 2 * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
        Form2.Top = Form1.Top

'Form1.Show
        'Form2.Show

End Sub

Oh, one more question that will help me & others if they play with this in a bit. Is this a problem in just specific DPIs? or is it also a problem in standard/default 96 DPI (100%)?

Fanatic Member

Oh, one more question that will help me & others if they play with this in a bit. Is this a problem in just specific DPIs? or is it also a problem in standard/default 96 DPI (100%)?
    I have tested on multiple DPIs surely including standard/default 96 DPI (100%), it is the same problem on Win10.
    Initially, I found this issue on .NET, then VB6 also got problem. It is due to Aero theme on Win10 (window is shrinked in 4 sides by 8 pixels, but still occupied the space).
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 4th, 2020 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveDavis View Post
    Initially, I found this issue on .NET, then VB6 also got problem. It is due to Aero theme on Win10 (window is shrinked in 4 sides by 8 pixels, but still occupied the space).
    Almost sounds like Win10 includes the shadowing whereas earlier versions did not?
    I'd be glad to take a look-see tomorrow after I get off work & get some sleep. Until then... maybe someone else will chime in with a solution that does not rely on hardcoding magic-number offsets.

Fanatic Member

maybe someone else will chime in with a solution that does not rely on hardcoding magic-number offsets.
    Computing DwmGetWindowAttribute and GetWindowRect will give the 'magic-number' but they are mad if no DpiAware and Permonitor DpiAwareness applied in manifest.
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 5th, 2020 at 01:18 AM.

PowerPoster

So checking whether the app is dipaware status is crucial. How to check?
    GetProcessDpiAwareness function.

But it requires Windows 8.1 or more.

Anyway, if you are not in a component, and it is your own exe, you should know what awareness you have set for your program.

Any notifications are available in main Form when app is turning into non-dipaware or dipaware?
    The awareness setting is usually set by the manifest file and it does not change.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    Anyway, if you are not in a component, and it is your own exe, you should know what awareness you have set for your program.
    It could be a component. If users fail to apply a DpiAwre/DpiAwareness marks in Manifest file, the component could have potential problem.

Want to see something neat?

Add the following to each form (just for testing)
    Code:
     Private Const DWMNCRP_DISABLED = 1
    Private Const DWMNCRP_ENABLED = 2
    Private Const DWMWA_NCRENDERING_POLICY = 2

Private Sub Form_Load()
        Call DwmSetWindowAttribute(hWnd, DWMWA_NCRENDERING_POLICY, DWMNCRP_DISABLED, 4)
    End Sub
    Now run your test project in Win10

Win10 keeps the form's size as reported. However, its rendering of the non-client area is different in some ways. It almost lops off everything around the client area and replaces it with shadows.

Edited. Remove those test lines above and now try this:
    -- in your bas module, add these
    Code:
    Private Type RECT
        Left As Long
        Top As Long
        Right As Long
        Bottom As Long
    End Type
    Private Declare Function DwmGetWindowAttribute Lib "dwmapi.dll" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal dwAttribute As Long, ByRef pvAttribute As Any, ByVal cbAttribute As Long) As Long
    Const DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS = 9
    and now tweak your sub Main
    Code:
        Dim wRect As RECT
        DwmGetWindowAttribute Form1.hWnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, wRect, 16
        Form2.Left = Form1.Left + (wRect.Right - wRect.Left) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
        Form2.Top = Form1.Top
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Aug 5th, 2020 at 02:45 AM.

Fanatic Member

Want to see something neat?

Add the following to each form (just for testing)
    Code:
     Private Const DWMNCRP_DISABLED = 1
    Private Const DWMNCRP_ENABLED = 2
    Private Const DWMWA_NCRENDERING_POLICY = 2

Private Sub Form_Load()
        Call DwmSetWindowAttribute(hWnd, DWMWA_NCRENDERING_POLICY, DWMNCRP_DISABLED, 4)
    End Sub
    Now run your test project in Win10

Win10 keeps the form's size as reported. However, its rendering of the non-client area is different in some ways. It almost lops off everything around the client area and replaces it with shadows.

Edited. Remove those test lines above and now try this:
    -- in your bas module, add these
    Code:
    Private Type RECT
        Left As Long
        Top As Long
        Right As Long
        Bottom As Long
    End Type
    Private Declare Function DwmGetWindowAttribute Lib "dwmapi.dll" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal dwAttribute As Long, ByRef pvAttribute As Any, ByVal cbAttribute As Long) As Long
    Const DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS = 9
    and now tweak your sub Main
    Code:
        Dim wRect As RECT
        DwmGetWindowAttribute Form1.hWnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, wRect, 16
        Form2.Left = Form1.Left + (wRect.Right - wRect.Left) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
        Form2.Top = Form1.Top
    No, they are still seperated.

Look simple, but it is complicated~
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 5th, 2020 at 04:14 AM.

Fanatic Member

Have to Show both Forms at first then do twice computes, and need to apply DpiAware in manifest. Twice showing cause crazy flashing at slow machine, I can see them movement. So, this solution is not applicable.

Code:
    Option Explicit

'declarations for Function BorderSize

Public Type RECT
           Left As Long
           Top As Long
           Right As Long
           Bottom As Long
    End Type
    Private Declare Function IsThreadDesktopComposited Lib "user32" () As Long
    Private Declare Function DwmGetWindowAttribute Lib "dwmapi.dll" _
                (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal dwAttribute As Long, ByRef pvAttribute As Any, ByVal cbAttribute As Long) As Long
    Private Const DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS = 9&
    Private Declare Function GetWindowRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpRect As RECT) As Long

Private Declare Function CreateWindowEx Lib "user32" Alias "CreateWindowExA" (ByVal dwExStyle As Long, ByVal lpClassName As String, ByVal lpWindowName As String, _
                ByVal dwStyle As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal hWndParent As Long, ByVal hMenu As Long, _
                ByVal hInstance As Long, lpParam As Any) As Long
    Private Declare Function DestroyWindow Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function GetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "GetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal nIndex As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function SetWindowLong Lib "user32" Alias "SetWindowLongA" (ByVal hWnd As Long, _
                ByVal nIndex As Long, ByVal dwNewLong As Long) As Long
    Private Declare Function SetWindowPos Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal hWndInsertAfter As Long, _
                ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal cx As Long, ByVal cy As Long, ByVal wFlags As Long) As Long

Private Declare Function GetClientRect Lib "user32" (ByVal hWnd As Long, lpRect As RECT) As Long
    Private Declare Function MoveWindowA Lib "user32" Alias "MoveWindow" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, ByVal bRepaint As Long) As Long

Private Const GWL_STYLE As Long = (-16&)
    Private Const WS_THICKFRAME As Long = &H40000
    Private Const WS_VISIBLE = &H10000000

Private Const GWL_EXSTYLE = -20&
    Private Const WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW = &H80
    Private Const WS_EX_DLGMODALFRAME = &H1&

Private Const SWP_FRAMECHANGED = &H20
    Private Const SWP_NOZORDER = &H4
    Private Const SWP_NOMOVE = 2
    Private Const SWP_NOSIZE = 1

Sub Main()

'Initialization done we can start doing useful stuff
        ' Goal - Place Sizable Form2 to Right of Fixed Form1

'    Form2.Left = Form1.Left + Form1.Width '+ 2 * BorderSize(Form2).Right
        '    Form2.Top = Form1.Top
        '    Form2.Width = Form1.Width
        '    Form2.Height = Form1.Height

'turns into the following:

Dim Form1Right As Long: Form1Right = BorderSize2(Form1).Right
        Dim Form2Left As Long: Form2Left = BorderSize2(Form2).Left
        Form2.Left = Form1.Left + Form1.Width + Form1Right + Form2Left
        Form2.Top = Form1.Top '- BorderSize(Form1).Top
        Form2.Width = Form1.Width '+ BorderSize(Form1).Left * 2 
        Form2.Height = Form1.Height '+ BorderSize(Form1).Bottom + BorderSize(Form1).Top

Form1.Show
        Form2.Show

End Sub

Private Function BorderSize2(Frm As Form) As RECT

Dim lret&, TempWindowHwnd&
        Dim AeroRect As RECT, TempWindowRect As RECT, FinalBorderSize As RECT
        TempWindowHwnd& = CreateWindowEx(0&, "button", "", WS_VISIBLE Or 113770496, 0, 0, 100&, 100&, Frm.hWnd, 0&, App.hInstance, 0&)
        lret = SetWindowLong(TempWindowHwnd, GWL_STYLE, GetWindowLong(TempWindowHwnd, GWL_STYLE) Xor WS_THICKFRAME)
        'change to sizable Tool window and loop
        lret = SetWindowLong(TempWindowHwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE, GetWindowLong(TempWindowHwnd, GWL_EXSTYLE) Or WS_EX_TOOLWINDOW)

lret = GetWindowRect(TempWindowHwnd, TempWindowRect)
        lret = SetWindowPos(TempWindowHwnd, 0&, 0&, 0&, 0&, 0&, SWP_NOMOVE Or SWP_NOSIZE Or SWP_NOZORDER Or SWP_FRAMECHANGED)
        On Error Resume Next    'API below is not supported in XP and may cause error when called so catch that to keep use under XP sweet
        lret = DwmGetWindowAttribute(TempWindowHwnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, AeroRect, LenB(AeroRect))

With FinalBorderSize
            .Left = (TempWindowRect.Left - AeroRect.Left) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
            .Top = (TempWindowRect.Top - AeroRect.Top) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
            .Right = (AeroRect.Right - TempWindowRect.Right) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelX
            .Bottom = (AeroRect.Bottom - TempWindowRect.Bottom) * Screen.TwipsPerPixelY
        End With

DestroyWindow TempWindowHwnd

BorderSize2 = FinalBorderSize
    End Function
    Another codes by Bonnie West
    Code:
    Option Explicit

Private Enum BOOL
        FALSE_
        TRUE_
    End Enum
    #If False Then
        Dim FALSE_, TRUE_
    #End If

Private Type RECT
        Left   As Long
        Top    As Long
        Right  As Long
        Bottom As Long
    End Type

Private Declare Function DwmIsCompositionEnabled Lib "dwmapi.dll" (ByRef pfEnabled As BOOL) As Long
    Private Declare Function GetWindowRect Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByRef lpRect As RECT) As BOOL
    Private Declare Function MoveWindow Lib "user32.dll" (ByVal hWnd As Long, ByVal X As Long, ByVal Y As Long, ByVal nWidth As Long, ByVal nHeight As Long, Optional ByVal bRepaint As BOOL = TRUE_) As BOOL

Private Sub Main()
        Const DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS = 9&, S_OK = 0&
        Dim IsCompEnabled As BOOL, R1 As RECT, R2 As RECT, R3 As RECT

Form1.Show
        Form2.Show

On Error Resume Next    'Try calling DwmIsCompositionEnabled

Select Case DwmIsCompositionEnabled(IsCompEnabled) = S_OK And IsCompEnabled = TRUE_
            Case True
                On Error GoTo 0

If DwmGetWindowAttribute(Form1.hWnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, R1, LenB(R1)) = S_OK Then
                    If DwmGetWindowAttribute(Form2.hWnd, DWMWA_EXTENDED_FRAME_BOUNDS, R2, LenB(R2)) = S_OK Then
                        If GetWindowRect(Form2.hWnd, R3) Then
                            MoveWindow Form2.hWnd, _
                                       R1.Right + (R3.Left - R2.Left), _
                                       R1.Top + (R3.Top - R2.Top), _
                                       (R1.Right - R1.Left) - ((R3.Left - R2.Left) + (R2.Right - R3.Right)), _
                                       (R1.Bottom - R1.Top) - ((R3.Top - R2.Top) + (R2.Bottom - R3.Bottom))
                        End If
                    End If
                End If

Case Else
                Err = vbObjectError
        End Select

If Err Then             'DWM is either unavailable or disabled so there's
            On Error GoTo 0     'no need to compensate for bogus coordinates

If GetWindowRect(Form1.hWnd, R1) Then
                MoveWindow Form2.hWnd, R1.Right, R1.Top, R1.Right - R1.Left, R1.Bottom - R1.Top
            End If
        End If
    End Sub
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 5th, 2020 at 04:38 AM.

PowerPoster

It could be a component. If users fail to apply a DpiAwre/DpiAwareness marks in Manifest file, the component could have potential problem.
    Then perhaps you need to manifest the component.

Unfortunately I still don't know how to compile with that flag.

Fanatic Member

Then perhaps you need to manifest the component.
    I am not so convinced to manifest a component. Normal practice is that App should take care of manifest.

PowerPoster

I am not so convinced to manifest a component. Normal practice is that App should take care of manifest.
    I don't think that telling the clients that they must manifest their program for DPI aware per monitor for your component to work would be a good idea, since they would have to do a lot and hard work to handle how all the forms are shown since the system would not take care of the issue any more.

Fanatic Member

I don't think that telling the clients that they must manifest their program for DPI aware per monitor for your component to work would be a good idea, since they would have to do a lot and hard work to handle how all the forms are shown since the system would not take care of the issue any more.
    I understand your points. I follow MS .NET practice that component has no manifest option.

No, they are still seperated.
    Not when I tested it otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. In fact, I found it to be visually ugly. The shadow from the borders made it appear like a solid fuzzy black line overlapping Form1 when Form2 was in the foreground. Tomorrow morning I can post a screenshot, but you should be able to reproduce the results if using your test project from post #5

However, I tested it with a manifested IDE (for common controls) @ 100% DPI

Fanatic Member

Not when I tested it otherwise I wouldn't have posted it. In fact, I found it to be visually ugly. The shadow from the borders made it appear like a solid fuzzy black line overlapping Form1 when Form2 was in the foreground. Tomorrow morning I can post a screenshot, but you should be able to reproduce the results if using your test project from post #5

However, I tested it with a manifested IDE (for common controls) @ 100% DPI
    With 96Dpi@100%, I only see normal nice appearence, though there's a black line at Top of Form2 when Form2 was in the foreground.

To ensure it is a solid solution, we should do comprehensive test, please consider:
    1. Form1 & Form2 has different Scale mode
    2. Form1 & Form2 has different BorderStyle and MaxButton/MinButton.
    3. DpiAware (System) Only
    4. DpiAwareness Per monitor (System & Monitors)
    6. No DpiAware (manifest) at all
    7. Different Dpi Scale factor
    8. Multi-monitors
    9. OS (Win10,Win7,WinXP...)
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 5th, 2020 at 07:23 PM.

FYI: scalemode shouldn't be a player. If using properties Me.Width, etc, then that scalemode is always Twips.

I am assuming you are not just aligning forms, you are aligning some component? What is that? A form inside a ocx or dll? Any external window?

edited: I don't need to post a screenshot. Just manually slide the forms close together and the visual is what I saw.
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Aug 5th, 2020 at 07:27 PM.

Fanatic Member

I am assuming you are not just aligning forms, you are aligning some component? What is that? A form inside a ocx or dll? Any external window?
    It is just 8 pixels offset, but it is hard to get this magic number considering 9 conditions I list above!
    At this moment, it is just aligning forms, but it could be a component such as a custom dropdown using a Form as container in Grid or Listview control.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by DaveDavis; Aug 5th, 2020 at 08:01 PM.

Fanatic Member

It is just 8 pixels offset, but it is hard to get this magic number considering 9 conditions I list above!
    Quite confirmed that the magic number offset in pixels are borderwidth which is vary from OS, theme, FormBorderStyle,screen Dpi Scale and DpiAware setting. But luckily we can retrieve from few APIs:

Code:
        GetClientRect Form1.hWnd, ClientRect_Form1
        GetClientRect Form2.hWnd, ClientRect_Form2

GetWindowRect Form1.hWnd, WindowRect_Form1
        GetWindowRect Form2.hWnd, WindowRect_Form2

intBorderWidth_Form1 = ((WindowRect_Form1.Right - WindowRect_Form1.Left) - (ClientRect_Form1.Right - ClientRect_Form1.Left)) / 2
        intBorderWidth_Form2 = ((WindowRect_Form2.Right - WindowRect_Form2.Left) - (ClientRect_Form2.Right - ClientRect_Form2.Left)) / 2