Thread: I need to find what function in dll a program is running.

King of sapila

I need to find what function in dll a program is running.

Hi.
    Firstly.
    YES, it a hack.
    The company that support one of our apps just when on a vacation rampage so I'm trying to examine the flow of their app so I can fix a bug we are getting because they will probably be back in a month or so and it is "our" software anyhow as we have been paid for it and been paid for support that currently we cannot get.
    I'm going to do it anyhow so I just wanted to ask if there is an easier solution from those I've been using (that will not be mentioned).
    I can already disassemble the code (easy as it's .net) and I can also see the flow stream of the dll's used.
    What I can't find out yet is which functions are been used in a certain scenario. So let's say I press a button. I need to know what function is triggered in the dll.
    As this is again, not a normal request, we would need to go on PM's only , I would also ask the admin to remove any post's that give out hacking instructions on this thread.
    I normally don't ask or do that kind of posting (maybe once or twice in all my years here) but they left us hanging and went, well , wherever you can go on summer vacation in the UK (I can't think of one ) , so I will have to give it a go.
    Again only PM if anyone have something in handy.
    Thanks.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: I need to find what function in dll a program is running.

We would normally discourage any conversation about this sort of thing but, as it's Sapator who's a trusted member, we'll take it as read that this request is legitimate. I am closing the thread, though, to make sure nobody posts any hacks here. As Sapator has said, you communicate via pm if you want to help.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd