Thread: Manifest OCX

PowerPoster

Manifest OCX

Hello. I'm trying to manifest an OCX, so that its forms are displayed manifested, regardless of whether the client program is manifested or not.

I found that I need to do two things:

1) Add the manifest with resource ID ISOLATIONAWARE_MANIFEST_RESOURCE_ID RT_MANIFEST (value 2 instead of 1)

I already did that.

2) Compile with:/D ISOLATION_AWARE_ENABLED

The value of that flag is 1. But where am I supposed to do that?

TIA.

Re: Manifest OCX

I'm gonna revisit this time to time to see how this is done. I tried it several years ago for my own learning and didn't get it working. I eventually quit because of a different reason: I didn't want my control's textbox, cmd buttons, etc looking different than the customer/client.

edited: Here's that thread (back in 2015)
    https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....-is-manifested
    Last edited by LaVolpe; Aug 1st, 2020 at 09:55 AM.
    Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"

Classics Enthusiast? Here's my 1969 Mustang Mach I Fastback. Her sister '67 Coupe has been adopted

Newbie? Novice? Bored? Spend a few minutes browsing the FAQ section of the forum.
    Read the HitchHiker's Guide to Getting Help on the Forums.
    Here is the list of TAGs you can use to format your posts
    Here are VB6 Help Files online

{Alpha Image Control} {Memory Leak FAQ} {Unicode Open/Save Dialog} {Resource Image Viewer/Extractor}
    {VB and DPI Tutorial} {Manifest Creator} {UserControl Button Template} {stdPicture Render Usage}

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by LaVolpe View Post
    I'm gonna revisit this time to time to see how this is done. I tried it several years ago for my own learning and didn't get it working. I eventually quit because of a different reason: I didn't want my control's textbox, cmd buttons, etc looking different than the customer/client.
    According to this post, it seems that it worked.

About what you say that it would show different than the client program, yes. I've been thinking about that.
    It was my initial idea of leaving it to work with the manifest of the client but now I'm exploring this possibility.
    I didn't make a final decision yet.
    Last edited by Eduardo-; Aug 1st, 2020 at 10:10 AM.

PowerPoster

By "manifested" you seem to be trying to say you want the Common Controls 6 assembly selected for your OCX separately from its clients.

Assembly selection is normally per-process so I'm not sure how you would achieve that.