Thread: [RESOLVED] My old VB, and email account hacked. Can prove I'm the owner

Banned

Resolved [RESOLVED] My old VB, and email account hacked. Can prove I'm the owner

Hi, it's Peter.

I just discovered today that I no longer have access to my email and VBForum's account. I went by PeterPorter before. I must've visited some shady site in one browser window, and accessed my email account in another, so they probably had a way to detect and record me logging in. Can't see how else this could've been done.

Anyway, I can prove I'm Peter. I shared javascript codes here that's used on blogs I manage, where I can post a message to verify it's me. I also can post a message on another site where I do Photoshops as PhotoshopCrazy, since I shared some of my Photoshops on VB before.

There is no way to regain my email account since I never provided a security question and answer, or mobile number.

Really appreciate help in regaining access to my old VBForums account.

Re: My old VB, and email account hacked. Can prove I'm the owner

Is it possible you simply forgot what your password is?

1. PeterPorter is NOT a valid user name here... It's close but not good. Can you correct this?

2. In theory you should know what the email address is that you used here. You must be able to tell me what it is.

3. I can have the system send you a password reset mail to the current email address or you can provide me a new one.

Send me a private message for all three items and I'll get you fixed up.

Banned

Hi, Steve.

It's Peter Porter, with a space between. I got access to my old VB account again. I might have forgot the space between my user name, but I still don't have access to my email, and I know I've been doing that correctly. Don't send a reset to my old email. I'll contact you via my old VB account with more info. I see that this new account doesn't have access yet to messaging.

Banned

Hey, Steve. I got side-tracked from adding a new email for my Peter Porter account, but I noticed today that I can't log into this account with the correct username "Peter Porter" and password so I could change my email. Is Peter Porter closed?

Re: [RESOLVED] My old VB, and email account hacked. Can prove I'm the owner

Peter Porter is a standard/typical/ACTIVE account. CORRECT Login Information is required.

Re: [RESOLVED] My old VB, and email account hacked. Can prove I'm the owner

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Peter Porter is a standard/typical/ACTIVE account. CORRECT Login Information is required.
    Forgot to capitalize a character in my password.

I need to stop being a ghost on this forum so I don't forget again.