Thread: Why the error can't login to the sa account while sa account test is connect good ?

Hyperactive Member

Why the error can't login to the sa account while sa account test is connect good ?

Why the error cannot login to the sa account while the sa account test is connected well ?
    I am using SQL Server 2005 Express. The accounting program sometimes experienced an error when connecting via an account saying that the error could not be connected while I went to Administrative Tool-> Data Sources (ODBC) to connect to sql server very well, you know this error is fixed as: how ? You see the attached image file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/dhl9nx...ver01.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/il8gxz...ver02.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/09xl6i...ver03.jpg/file

http://www.mediafire.com/view/rbmpva...ver04.jpg/file

Re: Why the error can't login to the sa account while sa account test is connect good

Either the connection string is invalid or the code that uses the connection string is invalid. Given that you have shown us neither and we have limited ability to test them anyway, why would you think that we could tell you what the actual problem is?

Hyperactive Member

Re: Why the error can't login to the sa account while sa account test is connect good

As I think if anyone who has ever managed the Data Sources (ODBC) connection knows how to fix this error because the connection is old, I'm not familiar with the Data Sources (ODBC) connection, now the data connection is the connection. chain concatenation. The program that is currently in use normally has a sudden power outage so this phenomenon occurs. if I install new windows I enter the "sa" account and the password for the two red areas above, the program works normally. If I don't need to reinstall Windows, can I fix something to get it working again ?

The only times I've gotten the error about not being able to connect because there was already a connection was by accident when I tried to open a DataReader when I already had a DataReader open. I've never gotten an error when opening a connection after being dropped... because I don't get dropped... because the connection is only ever open as long as it's needed, and not any longer than that. I open the connection, do what I need to do in the database, close it and get out. The connection never stays open any longer than that.

I'm not sure what installing Windows has to do with anything here either.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

How is the connection opened? If it is opened in a mode that changes the properties to single user then if any user is logged into the database no one else can be. With out seeing the connections strings there is not a lot more that can be diagnosed from your comments.
    Sometimes the Programmer
    Sometimes the DBA

Mazz1