Thread: How good is my source coding or what, then???

How good is my source coding or what, then???

Dear VBForumers, I am looking to have my source code to then be able to market it on the world wide web, for several departments would benefit from this product of mine, like then being said. Can someone or people look at the project and then be able to post what they think of it, then. also the adobe shockwave player is required, then and as well as the MKV codec and then also the web browser, then that being the web browser is for the final project, that I have to finish off, even...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ThEiMp; Jul 22nd, 2020 at 07:39 AM.
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: How good is my source coding or what, then???

5 min. look

On Error Resume Next
    End
    brrrrrrrrrrrrr

Multiple copy-paste of same code.

brrrrrrrrrrr

Tooltip - always 100%.

No "back" button.

@Dragokas: "Do you wish to do unpaid work for ThEiMp???"

(I would be nuts not to check out OP's signature first:-))

cheers,
    </wqw>

haha, I was just curious. I newer look how his code looks like before.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Dear VBForumers, I am looking to have my source code to then be able to market it on the world wide web, for several departments would benefit from this product of mine, like then being said. Can someone or people look at the project and then be able to post what they think of it, then. also the adobe shockwave player is required, then and as well as the MKV codec and then also the web browser, then that being the web browser is for the final project, that I have to finish off, even...
    1. Use On Error Resume Next only when you are certain you want to ignore errors.
    2. No comments.
    3. Hardcoded file handles. You might want to use FreeFile() to retrieve an available handle before opening a file.
    4. Try to avoid the End statement.
    5. Hardcoded paths to files. Avoid those. Tip: use App.Path to retrieve your program's directory path.
    6. A long If/Then/Else block that could be replaced with a Select Case block.
    7. Shouldn't the Cancel parameter in the Unload procedure be treated as a Boolean although it is defined as an integer?

One thing you did right, and that was indenting your code neatly.

The Idiot

I have stopped using app.path a long time ago,
    the reason is the app.path is not returning the correct path if theres some unrecognized unicode letters in the folder-path.
    I use GetModuleFileName API (only works compiled)

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    I have stopped using app.path a long time ago,
    the reason is the app.path is not returning the correct path if theres some unrecognized unicode letters in the folder-path.
    I use GetModuleFileName API (only works compiled)
    That is good to know. Thanks.

PowerPoster

I looked at a little of the code in the one frm file, not only are the paths hard coded but they are hard coded to the root of C drive. Definitely something you should never do.
    The OERN littered throughout would prevent the user from seeing the access denied messages when it tries to write to the root of C so to the end user it just would look like it did not do anything at all.

Okay then there are things that I must fix in my program, yeah because it's the alpha version, even
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Sinecure devotee

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    .... also the adobe shockwave player is required,...
    Note:
    In February 2019, Adobe announced that Shockwave Player would be officially discontinued and unsupported on Microsoft Windows, the last OS that supported the Shockwave Player, effective April 9, 2019.
    If you do still have Adobe Shockwave on your computer, you should uninstall it. Adobe will no longer be updating it with security patches. ... But Adobe isn't issuing security updates anymore, and that's bad news. The Internet has left it behind—and Flash is next.Apr 9, 2019
    Both Shockwave Player and Flash are risky business these days, and most users should be avoiding content requiring them.
    "Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn't the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment" Robert Benchley, 1930

PowerPoster

Seems I also read that you would no be able to download it anymore. Personally I would not install anything that requires flash and have been avoiding web sites that use flash for quite a while now.

The Idiot

when flash is abandoned and not longer copyrighted, it is possible to run it without it being installed on the computer, u just need any version of the *.ocx file
    and use the register ocx method at startup to allow the program to add an object of it.
    even if flash is not longer supported, it is still possible to use it, as long you are sure what you are doing.

yes, that is true