Thread: Hello, I'm newbie here!

Hello, I'm newbie here!

Hey everyone, hope u'll r doing well...

M currently looking to explore more programming books, here's the list of my book collections...

1) Effective Java by Joshua Bloch
    2) Javascript: the Good parts by Douglas Crockford
    3) Head First Java by Bert Bates and Kathy Sierra

Would love if you'll could recommend me some more

Thanks in advance

Re: Hello, I'm newbie here!

1) Java Concurrency in Practice
    Author – Brian Goetz with Tim Peierls, Joshua Bloch, Joseph Bowbeer, David Holmes, and Doug Le
    2) Head First Object-Oriented Analysis Design
    Author – Brett D. McLaughlin, Gary Pollice & David West
    3)Java Performance: The Definite Guide
    Author – Scott Oaks
    4)Clean Code – A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship
    Author – Robert Cecil Martin, a.k.a. Uncle Bob

oh, forgot to mention the book "Java - The Complete Reference" by Herbert Schildt
    I really love this book. although the book is large and has more than 1000 pages, but it contains all the necessary information about java and is not even so difficult to read

Besides the Clean Code book, what are the value of each of those books? Asking as a developer who hasn't read a published book in some time.

Opinion - anything labeled a "definitive" usually isn't. Anything "complete" is ... for about 10 minutes after it's come off the press, but certainly isn't by the time you get it home. Javascript has no good parts. "for dummies" or "21 days" books should only be available from libraries as you'll never use them again.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Java - The Complete Reference. There are many editions of this, so make sure you get the newest one or at least one that is applicable for the version of Java you are targeting.