Thread: Data not showing in Crystal reports

Data not showing in Crystal reports

I'm using a connection string located at a module for all of my coding in the project.
    Code:
    Public connString As String = "Data Source=192.168.1.11,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=MY_DB;User Id=sa;Password = abc@1234
    But for the crystal reports, I have added a project data source using project > add new data source > new connection and used a connection string.

After adding, i can see the table and fields. Once i add this to a report, and browse data through field explorer, i don't see any data. When i add the fields to a report, same happens. But, in the actual table there are rows.

What am i doing wrong here? Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    Last edited by dilhanmail; Jul 1st, 2020 at 01:12 AM. Reason: error

Frenzied Member

Re: Data not showing in Crystal reports

Quote Originally Posted by dilhanmail View Post
    I'm using a connection string located at a module for all of my coding in the project.
    Code:
    Public connString As String = "Data Source=192.168.1.11,1433;Network Library=DBMSSOCN;Initial Catalog=MY_DB;User Id=sa;Password = abc@1234
    But for the crystal reports, I have added a project data source using project > add new data source > new connection and used a connection string.

After adding, i can see the table and fields. Once i add this to a report, and browse data through field explorer, i don't see any data. When i add the fields to a report, same happens. But, in the actual table there are rows.

What am i doing wrong here? Any advice will be highly appreciated.
    Hello dilhanmail,

It looks more information is needed to help you. Perhaps you could post your project here and an example report?

yours,
    Peter Swinkels