Thread: [RESOLVED] I offer $100 for text filter in vb6

Addicted Member

Resolved [RESOLVED] I offer $100 for text filter in vb6

I need a coder to write me code in vb6 to extract data from a website to a textbox, data must be filtered inside textbox
    i can pay with any payment method you want , i offer $100 for this task
    leave ur contact info email here
    Last edited by geekmaro; Jun 26th, 2020 at 01:49 PM.

Hyperactive Member

Re: I offer $100 for text filter in vb6

extract data from a website to a text
    Extracting data from a website to a textbox is no problem.

data must be filtered inside textbox
    What does this mean exactly? What type of filtering do you need?

Perhaps an example of the output you're looking for would be helpful.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by AAraya View Post
    Extracting data from a website to a textbox is no problem.

What does this mean exactly? What type of filtering do you need?

Perhaps an example of the output you're looking for would be helpful.
    check ur inbox bro

Generally, this could be asked in the forum for hiring, but there are a couple reasons it might stay here. For one thing, reading data from a website is generally a bad approach to any problem. Websites have a tendency to change very often, so a solution you have working today will often stop working tomorrow, or the next day. Web developers have a strong tendency to tinker with web page design, and with so MANY options to choose from, it's a constantly moving target that you are trying to hit. For that reason, if there is an API, then use the API. If there is not an API, then ask the people who manage the site if they would make an API. You'd be surprised at how that might work. If they want you to have the information, then an API might appeal to them.

The second point is that there isn't much point in offering $100. Perhaps there are people who would write something for that. More likely, anybody on here who would be willing to write such a thing will either do it for free, or would want a LOT more than just $100. So what does the offer of $100 say? It either says that you don't understand the problem or you don't understand money. Better not to offer anything up front, so that you aren't saying what you don't mean.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Generally, this could be asked in the forum for hiring, but there are a couple reasons it might stay here. For one thing, reading data from a website is generally a bad approach to any problem. Websites have a tendency to change very often, so a solution you have working today will often stop working tomorrow, or the next day. Web developers have a strong tendency to tinker with web page design, and with so MANY options to choose from, it's a constantly moving target that you are trying to hit. For that reason, if there is an API, then use the API. If there is not an API, then ask the people who manage the site if they would make an API. You'd be surprised at how that might work. If they want you to have the information, then an API might appeal to them.

The second point is that there isn't much point in offering $100. Perhaps there are people who would write something for that. More likely, anybody on here who would be willing to write such a thing will either do it for free, or would want a LOT more than just $100. So what does the offer of $100 say? It either says that you don't understand the problem or you don't understand money. Better not to offer anything up front, so that you aren't saying what you don't mean.
    i have offered a project before here and paid a member $100 also, so it is not something new for me. i m sure many members are interested in quick bux
    i posted project in freelancer.com but found only noobs who dont know what they are doing, so why do i waste my time there when i can find talented members here who can get job done
    so please keep this thread active so i can get my project done today

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by geekmaro View Post
    I need a coder to write me code...
    Pretty much says it all. Any discussion of techniques will fall on deaf ears.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Pretty much says it all. Any discussion of techniques will fall on deaf ears.
    i like to be more specific, u know maybe programmers on freelancer say im vb expert
    then they cant deliver and start delaying
    i have no time, so if u are interested write me on skype or send me email

Quote Originally Posted by geekmaro View Post
    i like to be more specific, u know maybe programmers on freelancer say im vb expert
    then they cant deliver and start delaying
    i have no time, so if u are interested write me on skype or send me email
    C'mon Shaggy. You know this thread doesn't belong in this forum. Nothing wrong with the request in and of itself but it's not a VB6 question.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    C'mon Shaggy. You know this thread doesn't belong in this forum. Nothing wrong with the request in and of itself but it's not a VB6 question.
    im looking to hire someone to get job done quickly thats why i posted here, and moderator did not mind
    so if u are interested write me PM i send u project details

PowerPoster

Since "filtering" text might almost mean anything it is impossible to respond with anything but a lengthy Socratic discussion anyway.

Maybe doing the work to write clear specifications will get you better responses from those "lowball offshoring dot com" sites.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Since "filtering" text might almost mean anything it is impossible to respond with anything but a lengthy Socratic discussion anyway.

Maybe doing the work to write clear specifications will get you better responses from those "lowball offshoring dot com" sites.
    write me in PM, i send u project details

Yeah, I see that now. Therefore, the thread has been moved to the appropriate place.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

The Idiot

I have done a couple programs that do this kind of work, its quite easy if its html or something that can be downloaded.
    the API URLDownloadToFile is good for this purpose, u download the page to a temp file, this file u read as binary,
    and after that u can search using instr and u can copy using mid$. thats it. quite easy, and u need low programming skills.

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    I have done a couple programs that do this kind of work, its quite easy if its html or something that can be downloaded.
    the API URLDownloadToFile is good for this purpose, u download the page to a temp file, this file u read as binary,
    and after that u can search using instr and u can copy using mid$. thats it. quite easy, and u need low programming skills.
    I thought the task was going to be like this. But having seen the website and the type of data he's trying to extract, it's not a simple case of scraping text. The partial project he's got involves using the HTML DOM to navigate all elements on a page. Not super difficult but definitely up a level from text scraping and parsing.

Addicted Member

im still trying to find someone who can do the task, it is strange that still cannot find the right person..

PowerPoster

It's been like 5 hours. I would imagine several of the people who might be inclined to help with this have real jobs that they have to do during working hours and aren't browsing this site while they work.

Calm down.

Addicted Member

If anyone can do the task, send me PM
    that simple !

Addicted Member

Re: [RESOLVED] I offer $100 for text filter in vb6

moderator please close thread
    i already hired a coder from freelancer he got job done in 2 hours
    it is sad i could not hire someone quickly here

Frenzied Member

It is sad that you did not (and apparently 'still not') see the advantage in you providing a detailed specification of your needs.
    Perhaps if you (and quite a few other members) begin to appreciate the benefit (and courtesy) of providing clear detailed specs, our future threads will benefit tremendously.

Just sayin,
    Rob

The Idiot

I agree Bobbles,

the expert in here have been helping "tremendously" over the years, giving working solutions, typelibs, full source projects etc.
    he PM me if I wanted to help, and I told him to post a question and ask for help. Im sure someone would give him some functions he could implement into his code.

now, instead, some dude got $100 for something we will never know about, that will not benefit someone else with similar needs.
    that for me is not helping the community and vb6 at all. and Im sure those $100 was wasted.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    I agree Bobbles,

the expert in here have been helping "tremendously" over the years, giving working solutions, typelibs, full source projects etc.
    he PM me if I wanted to help, and I told him to post a question and ask for help. Im sure someone would give him some functions he could implement into his code.

now, instead, some dude got $100 for something we will never know about, that will not benefit someone else with similar needs.
    that for me is not helping the community and vb6 at all. and Im sure those $100 was wasted.
    come one man, i paid $100 and got job done in 2 hours and the guy coded it in front of me on my pc
    i dont think i could get job done here that fast, i was in rush
    so that freelancer deserve even more than $100