Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will China be banned from using Windows or other American software?

PowerPoster

Re: Will China be banned from using Windows or other American software?

The consequence of the United States humiliating China in 1996 was: China completed all the preparations for national reunification in 20 years. At the same time, the United States has completely lost its absolute military advantage. Although the United States is still the most powerful military force in the world, no country or group of countries on this planet can threaten China militarily. On this point, the US military and strategic circles are very clear.

By humiliating China, the United States has forced China into a global competitor.
    If China wouldn't have achieved this without being humiliated by the US then I'd say China owes the US a REALLY BIG THANK YOU. Have they done that????

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Don't you think this might really be a contest between the Chinese government and its corporations on one side with the U.S. government, some of its current allies, and the corporations they host on the other side?

I doubt it has anything to do with the people of those countries, aside from how they are encouraged to feel about it and accept the blame. Blame that really is not theirs. Only a few powerful people have any influence, at least as individuals, on either side of the conflict.

Is a nation those powerful people? Or is it the masses of regular people who live there?

If there is any humiliation to wear I don't think it falls on the regular people.
    The U.S. government has elevated the competition between companies to competition between countries and the competition between countries to competition between civilizations, leading to the rise of racism, which will affect many regular people.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    If China wouldn't have achieved this without being humiliated by the US then I'd say China owes the US a REALLY BIG THANK YOU. Have they done that????
    Yes. Every progress in China is inseparable from the help or suppression of the United States. No matter how hostile the current US government is to China, the Chinese government and the Chinese people always hope to maintain friendly relations with the United States.

In 1996, most of the Chinese military was involved in economic activities, with very little military training, and the level of weapons and equipment behind the United States for 40 years. At that time, China never thought of becoming a global power. At that time, China's sole purpose was to develop its economy and to reunite Taiwan peacefully.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 24th, 2020 at 10:39 PM.

PowerPoster

In 1994, China decided to purchase Israel's early warning aircraft system. In July 2000, after the modification of the system was completed, due to interference from the United States, Israel tore up the contract and detained the modified AWACS. Later, after several years of technological research, China finally developed the world's highest level early warning aircraft system by itself.

In 2004, China invested and joined the European Galileo satellite navigation plan. Although China is an investor, it has been squeezed out. Many of the EU's research on core technologies excludes China. In 2007, Europe officially kicked China out of the Galileo project. The Chinese feel that they have become the target of European use and have been humiliated to a certain extent. As a result, the Chinese independently developed the Beidou satellite navigation system, which is far ahead of the European Galileo system and surpasses the American GPS in many aspects.

If China conquered cutting-edge chip manufacturing technology under the blockade of the United States, then China should give a "REALLY BIG THANK YOU" to the United States.

In addition, the United States has always refused China's participation in the International Space Station project, so China independently develops and manufactures the space station. Maybe a few years later, only China's space station will operate in space. European astronauts are already training Chinese. If American astronauts apply to join the Chinese space station, I believe the Chinese government and people will definitely agree.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 24th, 2020 at 11:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dreammanor View Post
    The consequence of the United States humiliating China in 1996 was: China completed all the preparations for national reunification in 20 years. At the same time, the United States has completely lost its absolute military advantage. Although the United States is still the most powerful military force in the world, no country or group of countries on this planet can threaten China militarily. On this point, the US military and strategic circles are very clear.

etc....
    THAT was what you saw as so significant???? I thought you had something meaningful, but that was all you had?

China has something that the US has always, and will always, covet: Over a billion people. When those people were poor, they didn't mean all that much, but over the course of the 90s, China moved so far forwards economically that it became a fairly wealthy country (per head, not total). A nation of shopkeepers will ALWAYS value a billion consumers. As far as the US was concerned, over the course of the 90s, China went from a weak, potential, market to a strong, valuable, market.

The expectation in the US and the EU was that, as China became wealthier, and increasingly hooked into global markets, it would also liberalize its economy in line with international trade norms. The laws in China would come to reflect international norms as far as intellectual property, protection of copyrights, and rule of law (in business matters only, civil law was never on the table). It was also assumed that this would only increase with increasing economic ties. What has been happening for the last decade is an awakening to the recognition that most of that has not come to pass, and it isn't looking like it will. China has made some moves towards normalizing copyright laws, but otherwise it hasn't moved and doesn't look like it will. There is still a massive market there, the US and EU are just waking up to the possibility that it will just remain out of reach.

As for the military stuff, that's a non-starter. Nobody has EVER beaten one of the large countries on earth as long as they were willing to fight. Any war between the US and China will be a proxy war of some sort. The US can't beat China and China can't beat the US....at least neither can win without also destroying themselves.

So, you thought 1996 mattered for that reason? Nobody in the US noticed. What the US saw was a rising, economic trade partner that was becoming increasingly tantalizing. 1996 didn't do that, it didn't matter. The decade, in general, got the US market all excited. The last few decades have brought those hopes down to earth.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

My time is 00:08 midnight, and I must go to bed right away. So I used GoogleTranslate to quickly translate my Chinese reply into English:

(1) Perhaps most Americans cannot understand the Chinese's obsession with national unification.

(2) China's construction in intellectual property, copyright protection and the rule of law will be gradually strengthened. But you will find that when these aspects are strengthened, China itself will benefit the most. Because the interests of Chinese enterprises and engineers are protected and the enthusiasm for scientific research is increased, the development of China's science and technology will be further strengthened. Of course, the world will also benefit from the development of China's science and technology.
    (3) I think the biggest contradiction between China and the United States lies in the false information and rumors caused by the "monopoly of the right to speak" and the "double standards" that the United States insists on. China is fully willing to engage in fair and healthy competition, but the US government is clearly unwilling to do so (Note: In my opinion, American companies are fully willing to engage in fair and healthy competition).

Note: The biggest contradiction comes from the United States’ unwillingness to recognize China’s rise.

(4) China is always the best trading partner. The United States also benefits from trade with China. But the United States consumed too many resources in the war.

(5) I don’t know if you know some details of the US intervention in China’s reunification of Taiwan in 1996. This information should be available on the Internet.
    My understanding of the military is different from yours. Yes, even if China does not develop high-tech weapons and equipment, the United States will not directly fight in China, but the United States will hinder China's reunification process, and now the United States cannot stop China's reunification process. In addition, China pays attention to "To subdue the enemy without using war". Through the development of high-tech weapon systems, it can achieve the goal of forming a strategic balance with its opponents without war. At the same time, through the development of high-tech weapon systems, China's development plan and development path will not be disturbed by the outside world.

Today there are two more vivid examples:
    (1) American police broke into China's closed consulate today (this is a serious violation of international law)
    (2) The United States is preparing for a large-scale war and is preparing to stir up trouble in the South China Sea. One of the plans is to bomb uninhabited islands and reefs claimed by China. The United States will continue to humiliate China. But I think the United States will bear greater consequences.
    Before the November elections in the United States, the U.S. government and U.S. military will engage in more provocations against China, and there may even be a small-scale war. For elections, anything is possible.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 25th, 2020 at 11:09 AM.

No, it won't go that far. You can count on that. Trump has zero interest in anything that lasts more than a day. Therefore, while he might lob some bombs, he won't do anything that will have any lasting impact, not even for an election. That's not where he thinks his strength lies, and I believe he is right on that. Most likely, he will do no more than insult China over the next few months. It means nothing, because he isn't speaking to China, he's speaking to the nationalists in his base. They might not be able to find China on a map, and if they can't, they don't care, either. So, what Trump says is meaningless to anybody else.

If he wins, then...well, it's hard to say what he'd do at that point. If he doesn't have an election to think about, then the only other thing that matters to him is money, and that doesn't mean the US economy, that means his own personal wealth. I'd expect him to be willing to trade away sanctions in exchange for hotels.

China knows this, too. They clearly realize he's too shallow to really negotiate with. Anything he promises is reliable only for the length of time it takes for him to say it. Give him money, and he'll wander off.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

China knows this, too. They clearly realize he's too shallow to really negotiate with. Anything he promises is reliable only for the length of time it takes for him to say it. Give him money, and he'll wander off.
    Now if just can get enough Americans to realize that. lol

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    As for the military stuff, that's a non-starter. Nobody has EVER beaten one of the large countries on earth as long as they were willing to fight. Any war between the US and China will be a proxy war of some sort. The US can't beat China and China can't beat the US....at least neither can win without also destroying themselves.
    Yes. Speaking of proxy wars, I immediately thought of Hong Kong and Taiwan. The Hong Kong issue and the Taiwan issue are not issues of democracy and freedom, but proxy wars, an invisible proxy war.

Mainland China can provide Hong Kong and Taiwan with the best and highest quality democracy and freedom in the world. If so, won't Hong Kong protest? If so, will Taiwan be willing to return to China? No, never will. Hong Kong will never stop protesting, and Taiwan will never voluntarily return to China. why? Because the United States is launching an invisible proxy war against China through agents in Hong Kong and Taiwan. Democracy and freedom are just a cover for real purpose.

Wars between major powers are usually conducted through proxy wars, but proxy wars often occur in a third country. But the proxy war in Hong Kong and Taiwan took place on Chinese soil. This is the particularity of the problem. This is why China must take back Taiwan, and must take back Taiwan at all costs.

The proxy war waged by the United States in Hong Kong led the Chinese government to promulgate the Hong Kong National Security Law.
    The proxy war being waged by the United States in Taiwan will cause the Chinese government to take back Taiwan by force soon.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 03:17 AM.

PowerPoster

China has something that the US has always, and will always, covet: Over a billion people.
    Have you ever thought about how much effort it takes for a country or government to feed 1.5 billion people and enjoy higher material lives as much as possible?

Note: This country was in extreme poverty 70 years ago, and its poor accounted for 70% of the world’s poor.

The expectation in the US and the EU was that, as China became wealthier, and increasingly hooked into global markets, it would also liberalize its economy in line with international trade norms. The laws in China would come to reflect international norms as far as intellectual property, protection of copyrights, and rule of law (in business matters only, civil law was never on the table). It was also assumed that this would only increase with increasing economic ties. What has been happening for the last decade is an awakening to the recognition that most of that has not come to pass, and it isn't looking like it will. China has made some moves towards normalizing copyright laws, but otherwise it hasn't moved and doesn't look like it will. There is still a massive market there, the US and EU are just waking up to the possibility that it will just remain out of reach.

So, you thought 1996 mattered for that reason? Nobody in the US noticed. What the US saw was a rising, economic trade partner that was becoming increasingly tantalizing. 1996 didn't do that, it didn't matter. The decade, in general, got the US market all excited. The last few decades have brought those hopes down to earth.
    For American and European companies, they are most concerned about intellectual property, copyright protection and the rule of law. But what I want to tell you is that these three problems are the easiest to solve and can even be solved quickly. The Chinese government can even make American and European companies 100% satisfied on this issue.

But the problem is that the U.S. government has elevated the competition between enterprises to competition between countries. Since it is a competition between countries, we must understand what the US government's demands (purposes) are? Do any Americans here know what the demands (purposes) of the US government are?
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 03:11 AM.

Mainland China can provide Hong Kong and Taiwan with the best and highest quality democracy and freedom in the world.
    Name:  d8bdee776515611c66cc00a98c10d6c8.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  9.2 KB

Thanks, long time since I laugh so much
    The best friend of any programmer is a search engine
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)
    “They did not know it was impossible so they did it” (Mark Twain)

For American and European companies, they are most concerned about intellectual property, copyright protection and the rule of law. But what I want to tell you is that these three problems are the easiest to solve and can even be solved quickly.
    Made me laugh again. Are you sure you know what your are talking about? ah yes that's true, you know everything and we are all stupid people . Have a look §6.1

https://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/do...doc_158561.pdf
    "Don't wish it was easier, wish you were better. Don't wish for less problems, wish for more skills. Don't wish for less challenges, wish for more wisdom" (J. Rohn)

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Delaney View Post
    Name:  d8bdee776515611c66cc00a98c10d6c8.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  9.2 KB

Thanks, long time since I laugh so much
    You seem to know Hong Kong better than me. The first time I went to Hong Kong was 22 years ago. . Later, I worked in Hong Kong for a few months. Even after I went to work in other cities, I went to Hong Kong on business many times.

Have you been to Hong Kong? Can you tell me something about Hong Kong to make me laugh? (In fact, when I saw you in my thread, I was laughing.)
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 09:28 AM.

PowerPoster

Made me laugh again. Are you sure you know what your are talking about? ah yes that's true, you know everything and we are all stupid people . Have a look §6.1

https://trade.ec.europa.eu/doclib/do...doc_158561.pdf
    I have read all the contents of §6.1. I don't know what you want to express?

I did not pay attention to the IP negotiations between China and the EU, but I learned more about the trade negotiations between China and the United States. Compared with other negotiations, intellectual property rights, copyright protection and the construction of the rule of law are the easiest to complete, and the completion of these terms will not only benefit the United States and Europe, but also China itself. However, intellectual property rights, copyright protection and the construction of the rule of law need time to gradually improve.

Compared with Western companies, Chinese companies also face many unfair treatments in China. For example, Chinese local governments have formulated many preferential policies in order to attract foreign investment. These policies enable foreign-funded enterprises to have more convenient conditions and advantages in China than Chinese enterprises.

There is no absolute fairness in the world. If Chinese companies and American and European companies compete in a completely fair environment, it is often the Chinese companies that win (American and European companies can provide more innovative and higher-quality products, and Chinese companies can provide more cost-effective products, but more cost-effective products often win the final victory, especially in China, a market of 1.5 billion people). If that is the case, I believe that the U.S. and European governments would definitely formulate many policies to protect their domestic enterprises. Of course, their best reason is "national security."

Are you going to laugh again? I'm very happy to bring you laughter. I believe that when Huawei says that its products are safe, you will also laugh.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 09:25 AM.

PowerPoster

Europe and the United States have created the greatest industrial civilization of mankind. No one would doubt the wisdom of Westerners. However, in the past 40 years, China has continuously learned from the West, and the West has been blinded by double standards and false news from the media, thus collectively becoming "stupid". When the Western world puts aside its arrogance and prejudice and earnestly re-understands this new world, I believe that this world still belongs to the West.

PowerPoster

The small talk in chat-forum has seriously affected my work and life. I will delete all my comments in chat-forum in 3 days. I'm very sorry, I have shown you the extremely ugly side of myself.

Since the riots in Hong Kong last June, my mood has been in a very negative state. I have seen too many lies and violence (this is the sadness of knowing too much information). The hypocrisy, double standards, rumors and false information of the Western media and Western politicians have made the world very ugly and turbulent. Hope that justice and truth will come eventually.

Maybe the Internet is really a detour in human history.

I believe that when Huawei says that its products are safe, you will also laugh.
    Yes I will, as the DGSI (but not the CIA ) had warned us (I work for the defense sector) that all Chinese Phones are not reliable in term of confidentiality and security and that we must not have one...

PowerPoster

Yes I will, as the DGSI (but not the CIA ) had warned us (I work for the defense sector) that all Chinese Phones are not reliable in term of confidentiality and security and that we must not have one...
    (1) Why are Huawei and all Chinese phone manufacturers so stupid? Stupid enough that all products have security holes. Do all Chinese phone manufacturers want to be the spy department? In your opinion, is it important for Chinese manufacturers to make money or to be a spy?

(2) Why hasn't this happened before?

(3) If "all" Chinese phones are unreliable in terms of confidentiality and security, why don't the US and European governments completely reject all Chinese telecom products?

(4) Today, the United Kingdom seems to have announced a cooperation with Chinese phone manufacturer VIVO to build 5G equipment. Is the British government an idiot?

(5) Does the phone in the US and Europe have higher security?

(6) Is German Chancellor Merkel being monitored by the CIA because her used a Chinese mobile phone?

(7) Snowden and Assange exposed that the US government has been conducting surveillance on a global scale for many years. Is this because Chinese mobile phones are used all over the world?

(8) Why do not Europe and the United States produce safer mobile phones than China, and then seize the Chinese market?

(9) If Apple mobile phones are absolutely safe, do you think China cannot imitate a mobile phone that is as safe as Apple mobile phones?

(10) When all mobile phones in China are unreliable, the United States and Europe should be able to steal all technological secrets including military secrets from China. If this is the case, isn't it better for the United States and Europe? Is the CIA unwilling to steal China's military secrets because it respects intellectual property rights?

(11) Are you a communications major? Do you understand the principle of communication?

I very much hope to get some answers from you or others before I delete all the comments in 3 days. If it is like what you said, my worldview will be completely changed. I always thought that Chinese people are geniuses in business, but now I realize that they are all idiots (including myself). But what I really don’t understand is that Chinese mobile phone manufacturers are such idiots, but they actually push their products to the world.

I believe Pompeo and Trump a little bit now, maybe what they said is true, if what you said is true.

In addition, can I think that all Windows products are unreliable in term of confidentiality and security, and that we must not have one... Because Windows is always releasing security patches, and advanced hackers can always break through Windows' defenses.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.

PowerPoster

Mainland China can provide Hong Kong and Taiwan with the best and highest quality democracy and freedom in the world.
    That made me laugh too. Hong Kong has nothing to do with why it made me laugh,

the best and highest quality democracy and freedom in the world.
    Now that's funny to me. On the other hand, if you actually feel that China is a real Democracy and not authoritarian than that's great for you, if the people of China don't feel the government restricts their freedoms, then that's great too. Personally I would feel my freedoms were being trampled on if the government restricted my internet access. Maybe every news agency in the world outside of China is lying about the governing methods of China. Maybe

PowerPoster

That made me laugh too. Hong Kong has nothing to do with why it made me laugh,
    Have you been to Hong Kong? Why do you think you know Hong Kong better than someone who has worked and lived in Hong Kong? Why do you think you know China better than me?

Now that's funny to me. On the other hand, if you actually feel that China is a real Democracy and not authoritarian than that's great for you
    No, I do not think that China is a Western-style democracy, and I have never said similar words. Do you know "one country, two systems"?

if the people of China don't feel the government restricts their freedoms, then that's great too.
    China has given its citizens the freedom to choose their own lifestyle. If you are not satisfied with the current lifestyle in China, it does not matter, you can choose to work or live in the United States. But the premise is that you need to learn a technology that American society needs through your own efforts. In China, learning to be a professional chef only costs a few hundred or a few thousand dollars.

Huawei has 180,000 employees with an average annual salary of US$110,000. Tencent has 54,600 employees and an average annual salary of US$140,000. These are just salaries and do not include huge year-end bonuses. A large part of the employees of these companies have the financial ability to settle and live in the United States. However, very few people actually do this, they only travel to the United States occasionally.

In 2019, there were 190 million people traveling abroad in China. Not many people would feel that they would be much freer than China when living in the United States or other Western countries.

A few years ago, I originally planned to settle abroad, but after comparison and weighing, I decided to stay in China. I planned to settle abroad not because China was not free, but because I wanted to do some technical research in an environment where no one would bother me. That's it.

There are too many Chinese people. I don't like cities with many people. And the population of a city in China is often as large as the population of a country.

The wealthiest people in America are much richer than the wealthiest people in China. The poorest people in the United States are much poorer than the poorest people in China. If the poor Americans know the truth about China, they may rise to start a revolution, but fortunately, they will never have the opportunity to know the truth and never have the opportunity to go abroad.

Last year, my sister took my parents to travel to Japan. They took a taxi and cost US$135 for 30 kilometers, while in China's most expensive city, 30 kilometers cost only US$13. In Japan, it costs 240-400RMB to buy a watermelon, but it only costs 30-50RMB in China. Therefore, China's GDP is only 70% of that of the United States, and China is still a very poor country.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 02:11 PM.

Personally I would feel my freedoms were being trampled on if the government restricted my internet access.
    And I pretty sure that a lot of people (if not all) in my country and other countries will feel that the democracy is being trampled if our presidents decide that they stay at their post as long as they want without the need to be reelected...

(1) Why are Huawei and all Chinese phone manufacturers so stupid? Stupid enough that all products have security holes. Do all Chinese phone manufacturers want to be the spy department? In your opinion, is it important for Chinese manufacturers to make money or to be a spy?
    (2) Why hasn't this happened before?
    (3) If "all" Chinese phones are unreliable in terms of confidentiality and security, why don't the US and European governments completely reject all Chinese telecom products?
    (4) Today, the United Kingdom seems to have announced a cooperation with Chinese phone manufacturer VIVO to build 5G equipment. Is the British government an idiot?
    (5) Does the phone in the US and Europe have higher security?
    (6) Is German Chancellor Merkel being monitored by the CIA because her used a Chinese mobile phone?
    (7) Snowden and Assange exposed that the US government has been conducting surveillance on a global scale for many years. Is this because Chinese mobile phones are used all over the world?
    (8) Why do not Europe and the United States produce safer mobile phones than China, and then seize the Chinese market?
    (9) If Apple mobile phones are absolutely safe, do you think China cannot imitate a mobile phone that is as safe as Apple mobile phones?
    (10) When all mobile phones in China are unreliable, the United States and Europe should be able to steal all technological secrets including military secrets from China. If this is the case, isn't it better for the United States and Europe? Is the CIA unwilling to steal China's military secrets because it respects intellectual property rights?
    As always you confound and mix everything and you drown you lack of argumentation in a flow of irrelevant questions. It is always a question of stakes (defense, commercial, personal information) and the rules are different according to the subject treated.

Do you think china is the only one to do that ? US did that too.. https://www.theguardian.com/books/2014/may/12/glenn-greenwald-nsa-tampers-us-internet-routers-snowden.
    France is doing the same in a different way. Germany and UK also.
    for example, On the question of security, in a lot of company linked to aerospace or defense, you cannot enter with you mobile phone whatever the brand.

(11) Are you a communications major? Do you understand the principle of communication?
    LOL, I was waiting for a comment like this, that's your primary argument in every discussion
    and you ? are you ? do you ?
    By the way, Yes. I had class and experience in communication and in a lot of other things (I can cook )

I delete all the comments in 3 days.
    Be my guest, I don't care if you are uncomfortable keeping your comments online.

In addition, can I think that all Windows products are unreliable in term of confidentiality and security, and that we must not have one... Because Windows is always releasing security patches, and advanced hackers can always break through Windows' defenses.
    Yes Windows products are unreliable in term of confidentiality and security... but sh! it is a secret ! Your lack of knowledge is just marvelous. All sensible companies have internal network not connected to the internet...
    Last edited by Delaney; Jul 26th, 2020 at 02:21 PM.

PowerPoster

@Delaney, Thank you for your reply. What I want to express is: Chinese mobile phones (including Huawei mobile phones) are all civilian products, but you use "military-level security" to judge Chinese mobile phones. I am glad that Chinese mobile phone manufacturers are not idiots, and I am glad that you are not as smart as I thought. Otherwise, my worldview will completely collapse.

Of course, if you have never been to Hong Kong but know more about Hong Kong than I do, it also shows that you are indeed much smarter than me.

Sometimes I wonder if China has really become stronger? Is our stealth fighter really more advanced than the US or France? Maybe those are just lies that the government deceived us. After all, my information is only heard from others.

Even, maybe the lives of me and the people around me are my fantasy. Only those who live in democratic countries can truly have a happy life, but we can't appreciate their happiness, because all Chinese people have been brainwashed.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 02:40 PM.

@Delaney, Thank you for your reply. What I want to express is: Chinese mobile phones (including Huawei mobile phones) are all civilian products, but you use "military-level security" to judge Chinese mobile phones. I am glad that Chinese mobile phone manufacturers are not idiots, and I am glad that you are not as smart as I thought. Otherwise, my worldview will completely collapse.

Of course, if you have never been to Hong Kong but know more about Hong Kong than I do, it also shows that you are indeed much smarter than me.
    No, No, please don't be mistaken, I am not very smart, I am just a fool.

But what does Hong Kong have to do with all this

PowerPoster

But what does Hong Kong have to do with all this
    Because Hong Kong’s current system is "one country, two systems", that is, it adopts a completely different system from mainland China. This system has been implemented for 23 years. If the United States does not initiate a proxy war in Hong Kong, then mainland China can give Hong Kong more Democracy in line with the wishes of Hong Kong people, and greater freedom. But in fact, Hong Kong is already free enough, even freedom is close to deformity. Hong Kong is like a spoiled child, under the agitation of bad guys, destroying its own city and its own Country. The nature of the protests in Hong Kong is completely different from that in the United States.

The hypocrisy, double standards, rumors and false information of the Western media and Western politicians have made the world very ugly and turbulent.

People who live in illusions are the happiest. The less information you know, the happier you will be.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

Sorry, I couldn't help it, too much temptation

Name:  Cypher Matrix Quote.jpg
Views: 182
Size:  24.9 KB

PowerPoster

I've self-locked my account and I'll no longer speak on vbForums. Thank you everyone, especially Olaf, jpbro, The trick, LaVolpe, wqweto, ColinE66, dilettante, Elroy, Eduardo.

In addition, I'll carefully consider the meaning of democracy and freedom.

Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Jul 26th, 2020 at 08:15 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12