Thread: Read Threads No Longer Show as Read

Read Threads No Longer Show as Read

Two things:
    From the control panel where it shows subscribed threads, as I read each one, and then would go back, the read thread would drop off... that no longer happens. Secondly, from the "new threads" listings, as I read a thread and would go back, the threads I've read would have their icon change, and become unbold, indicating they've been read. IT helps me to keep track of where I've been and where I haven't and if there's been. new reply in a thread since I was in there last. That's also no longer happening. Everything shows up unread all the time, making it incumbent upon me to remember. I'm an older model with limited memory and limited computing power, so this is very taxing on my part.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Re: Read Threads No Longer Show as Read

The site was moved to a new server yesterday (June 10) ...

Hitting F5 every now and then will probably cure both of the items you listed.

BUT, I'll mention this to the powers that be.

Actually, we should all be starting off with New Cookies.... At the bottom of the main page is the option to "Mark Forums Read."

It would probably be a good idea to use that and start fresh on what is considered a new post.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    Actually, we should all be starting off with New Cookies.... At the bottom of the main page is the option to "Mark Forums Read."

It would probably be a good idea to use that and start fresh on what is considered a new post.
    The read ones still weren't showing as read... but... I found the One Link To Rule Them All... and marked all forums as read... and will go from there... I remember there being a change so I wasn't surprised that I had to login again, but the read/unread thing threw me... Now that I think about it, I probably did something similar at some point in the past which established the cookies. We'll see how the day goes.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    The read ones still weren't showing as read... but... I found the One Link To Rule Them All... and marked all forums as read... and will go from there... I remember there being a change so I wasn't surprised that I had to login again, but the read/unread thing threw me... Now that I think about it, I probably did something similar at some point in the past which established the cookies. We'll see how the day goes.

-tg
    Did you find the solution? The first thing I do every day is go to settings and see if there is any new post in threads I'm subscribed to. They us to be removed once I'm opened them and then closed them. Also when I back out of a thread it doesn't automatically refresh anymore. Any suggestions???

I jsut hit refresh on a regular basis... that's all I got at this point.

-tg

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    I jsut hit refresh on a regular basis... that's all I got at this point.

-tg
    Yeah, me to. thanks

ps - If you figure it out please post back.