Thread: Cannot install Service App, VS 2017

Fanatic Member

Cannot install Service App, VS 2017

Hello:

My apology for the redundant post, but the one I posted last week was moved and I'm questioning if it is being seen as a result.

I am trying to run this code to install a service app. It is a batch file.

Code:
    Code:
    net use u: \\w2012\users
    u:
    cd Steve A\VS_Projects\SendEmail_TimeManagement2\SendEmail_TimeManagement2\bin\Debug
    "c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\InstallUtil.exe" SendEmail_TimeManagement2
    pause
    When I run the file as an administrator, it tells me it cannot find the file specified, which does exist!
    The error reads:
    Exception occurred while initiating the application:
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'file:///U:\Steve A\VS_Projects\SendEMail_TimeManagement2\SendEMail_TimeManagement2\bin\Debug\SendEMail_TimeManagement 2' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified..

This file, SendEMail_TimeManagement2.exe exists plain as day in the folder, and the build ran without error.

If I specify the extension 'exe' on the file, which I did not see done in some examples I previewed, added to the error is ;The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest..'

Thank you.

Re: Cannot install Service App, VS 2017

Did you add an installer to the service as mentioned here?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *