Thread: Monitor

Monitor

Can anyone help

I had a program written some years ago, I think originally for windows xp. The program has worked right up to windows 10. on this version the print routine does not work. When trying to print the following error message appears. Run-time error '-2147418113 (8000ffff)'peration not supported on selected printer. Can a patch be written to overcome this?

Hovis

PowerPoster

Re: Monitor

You need to have the source code, and then rewrite the print part, or use some print controls, report controls

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    You need to have the source code, and then rewrite the print part, or use some print controls, report controls
    Hi, I have all that and I need some one to do it for me.

It seems the application is working, but can not deal with the current selected printer
    Has the (default) printer changed?

You want to hire someone to fix the application?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by hovisbmw View Post
    Hi, I have all that...
    If you are able to run the project in source code, see in what line the error occurs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    If you are able to run the project in source code, see in what line the error occurs.

And possibly include as an attachment in your reply, the section of code that you use to print with.
    Sam I am (as well as Confused at times).

Yes we are looking to hire

PowerPoster

have you tried with other printers and on other computers?
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

come back and mark your original post as resolved if your problem is fixed
    pete

Quote Originally Posted by westconn1 View Post
    have you tried with other printers and on other computers?
    we have tried different machines and printers all with the same print error, the software was done some years back for win xp, we are looking for someone that can rewrite the print section so it will work with windows 10

PowerPoster

what is the existing print section?
    post the code, someone may help

i previously had a similar print problem, but a different error code see http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...=printer+error
    if i remember correctly the solution ended up being to select the specific printer, even though it was the default printer and should have been automatically selected
    i do my best to test code works before i post it, but sometimes am unable to do so for some reason, and usually say so if this is the case.
    Note code snippets posted are just that and do not include error handling that is required in real world applications, but avoid On Error Resume Next

dim all variables as required as often i have done so elsewhere in my code but only posted the relevant part

pete

this is the error that comes up when trying to print, once you click off this the program closes, this is only on windows 10

Name:  screen.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  28.4 KB

this is the error that comes up when trying to print, once you click off this the program closes, this is only on windows 10
    Attached Images Attached Images  

We are still looking for a fix for this, can anyone help please?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by hovisbmw View Post
    You need to find out what line causes the error.

Put breaks on different parts of the program and see if the code flow pass from there. Come closer and closer until you find the line causing the error and post it here.

Frenzied Member

For goodness sake - attach the print section

PowerPoster

on previous testing, the line that is failing is a method in an activex, to set the orientation of the printer
    i tried several workarounds using the printer object and other things that came to mind without success
    if the line is omitted the next line shows a dialog which will also error, but the program will continue after dismissing the error message, the orientation can then be changed from the dialog

as the activex version is several years out of date i would believe the only solution would be to update the activex, or to rewrite the program without using the activex
    the activex is teechart pro 4, there seems to be about 15 versions up to the current version teechart pro 2020
    steema appears to have taken over the development of this application from teemach.com

if anyone has experience with this teechart, maybe they can throw some further light on the matter
    it is certainly not something i wish to tackle further

pete