Thread: WebBrowser Control and 'Date' Control

WebBrowser Control and 'Date' Control

Is it possible to configure the WebBrowser Control to support the use of a date input control in html?

Re: WebBrowser Control and 'Date' Control

A WebBrowser control displays web pages. It will display anything* that you can display in a web page. If you can't display it on a web page, you can display it in a WebBrowser control.

* Depends on the set of supported functionality, which will vary from control to control.

jmcilhinney,

I'm not sure I understand your reply. The "date" input controls gets displayed in the webbrowser control but it is un unusable as a way to select a date by the person visiting the page. So, is it possible to configure the WebBrowser Control to support the functionality of a date input control?

in what way is it unusable?

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

In other Browsers you can select a date. In The WebBrowser control you can only "enter" or type in a date. Here is a picture...

Name:  Date Control.png
Views: 311
Size:  18.0 KB

By default the web control uses IE7 compatibility settings I believe, which affects how some websites and some controls are rendered. There's a way to change that in the registry... but that means changing the registry on every computer the app runs on. I think you can find a thread here on the subject if you look for web browser compatibility setting. Also note that the web browser control uses the rendering engine of IE, and NOT Edge or Chrome.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

What you have shown there is a Chromium feature, which is why Edge, Chrome and other Chromium-based browsers will show it. If you want Chromium functionality then you would need a Chromium-based control. I think that Microsoft's WebView 2.0 is based on Chromium/Edge.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/mic...edge/webview2/