Thread: API code to change button color? vb6 themed xp controls changing background color

API code to change button color? vb6 themed xp controls changing background color

hi -

I am using the "InitCommonControlsEx iccex" method in conjunction with a manifest file to use the XP themed controls.

Normally (without the xp themed buttons), I'd set a button to 'graphical' - and then just use the .backcolor property to change the background color.

However, with themed controls - it leaves any 'graphical' buttons as the old 95/98 style.

What API calls would I need to use to change the color of a button (as opposed to using a .backcolor method?)

Thanks!

PowerPoster

Re: API code to change button color? vb6 themed xp controls changing background color

You cannot have controls themed and at the same time to change the colors (background or other), because the colors are defined by the theme.

Graphical buttons allow to change the background color because the VB buttons are not themed when their styles are set to graphical.

Addicted Member

Re: API code to change button color? vb6 themed xp controls changing background color

As an option you may use a custom button control, There are many user controls.