Thread: vb6 activex exe CreateObject multithreading by createThread API

PowerPoster

vb6 activex exe CreateObject multithreading by createThread API

VisualFreeBasic,vb7
    https://github.com/xiaoyaocode163/VisualFreeBasic

Freebasic is like implementing C ++ with VB6. A Chinese programmer spent 6 years developing and has been updating.
    This language is rarely used by anyone. Is there any use for his development? The author did not make money through him. I don't know if there is a future in the future, but it can bring a ray of vitality to the soon-to-finish VB6 language. Programming is sometimes a persistent R & D spirit.

vb6 Standard application(exe file) use multithreading by createThread,also need use asm code(like vb header),Because Microsoft does not publicly allow the use of multi-threading technology。
    This is a bit like a hacker spirit, breaking the limits of VB6, let the old tree sprout。

The running speed of ACTIVEX.EXE is tens of thousands of times slower than the calling speed of ordinary EXE programs.
    ACTIVEX.EXE as a COM object, if you want to call each other's property methods, the speed is very, very slow, for programs with performance requirements, it is completely unacceptable.
    For example, the VBA object (excel.application, worksheet object, etc.) called EXCEL in VB6 is very slow. This is one of the reasons why IE is too slow to be eliminated.
    for a = 1 to 10000000000
    long1 = a
    next
    -----------
    i test multithreading in activex.exe like:
    a.long1=3333,
    Code:
    in class1:
    public long1 as long
    function sum(a as long,b as long) as long
    sum=a+b
    end function
    sub test
    msgbox "aa"
    end sub

in activex.exe mainf.frm
    dim a as class1,b as class1
    set a= createobject("activexExe.class1")
    set b= createobject("activexExe.class1")

a.test
    b.test
    a.long1=3333
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Apr 24th, 2020 at 07:44 PM.

PowerPoster

Re: vb6 activex exe CreateObject multithreading by createThread API

Making VB6 more powerful, such as generating standard DLLs and generating console programs, are all innovations, challenges, and praises.
    Using some assembly or Microsoft's unpublished methods to achieve more powerful functions is very meaningful for us VB6 old programmers.
    Just writing some tools to improve work efficiency, or management software for small companies, VB6 is enough. I really do n’t want to learn VC ++ or Kotlin.
    -----------------
    But it cannot be considered that this is an illegal act used for hacking, and the research of technology is not guilty. On the contrary, VB6 has been in decline for 22 years (no one has upgraded since 1998), and only if we continue to study some new skills can we live this language for another 10-30 years.
    In the past, computers only had one CPU core, but now they all have 8 cores and 24 cores. I think it is a relatively large or CPU-intensive program. If you do not consider multi-threading technology, it is completely a wrong design and there is a problem with the architecture.

PowerPoster

Activex.exe implements a set of perverted and unconventional multi-threading technologies. Running the Createthread API function in it will crash.
    So to find a way to realize how to use the API to create multiple threads.
    I have also studied activex.exe multi-threading for many years, there is no reason, "I must do it", "I think this is possible."
    Most of the technology is done, and a small part can't do it, I am not satisfied, and I have regrets.
    It's not that he is used to do viruses or Trojan horses or steal data. On the contrary, it is difficult to do these things with activex.exe. Any language or other DLL, windows service is more powerful than him.
    Injecting DLL, HOOK and other technologies have some illegal uses.
    ME: Actually, I have also been studying multi-threading technology for standard DLL, standard EXE, com dll, (and no one has ever used it for this: excel vba, multi-threading of console program)
    In China, we are called "nerds", just like "Kung Fu Tea" and "Yoga", they are not acceptable to most people, even if they get up and run every morning.
    Many people think that we are "mentally ill." In order to study a technology, there is really no reason.
    We do n’t play games or gambling, but we like to spend a lot of free time researching a lot of technology, and it may not be used after the research.
    There is no purpose, just "I want to implement this function", "I think it is possible", "I think VB6 should not be so bad"

Frenzied Member

> I really don’t want to learn VC ++

for what its worth learning how to integrate basic C with VB was one of the best things I ever learned. it opens many new worlds to you.
    Things you have to fight to do in vb become easy. It also gives you access to a huge amount of code written by others in C.
    They are amazing together.