Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: Modernizing the VB6 IDE

Lively Member

Re: Modernizing the VB6 IDE

Quote Originally Posted by camomille View Post
    I did a new installation after passing CCleaner several times in the registry.
    Even with the "Source Code Pro" fonts installed, I still have the same phenomenon of duplicating the same icon.
    I forgot to specify that version 1.6 produced the same effect, but also blocked the system, that's why I had not made a screenshot because it was blocked.

I'm going to take a break and wait for installation feedback.
    Please do what I suggested twice now of running the add-in in the IDE and stepping through the code. I cannot debug an issue I've never experienced and for which there are no steps to replicate.

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    I also think, that this might be the cause for the Icon-problems.

In the company where I work, we had similar problems (years ago),
    when we still used the ClipBoard, to build-up a "Word-Document-based report"
    (based on "clipboarded RTF-snippets", which the Word-ObjModel offers a method for, to integrate into a document).

We had to change that, and now use XML-based Word-Document-replacements for formatted insert-snippets.

So, "highfrequent ClipBoard-Updates" *will* definitely make problems (different ones, depending on the OS).

What reduced our problems somewhat (before the change to XML-parsing), was:
    - always clearing the ClipBoard explicitely, before placing new content of the same format
    - followed by "waiting for a moment" (with a Sleep + DoEvents-combination... ick ...)
    - followed by placing the new content
    - and the final paste-method-call on the Word-Object-model
    - followed by another wait, to give Word time to process

After that, it worked a bit more reliably - but occasional "ClipBoard-messup" did still happen
    (affecting the whole machine).

HTH

Olaf
    Strangely when I tried clearing the clipboard in between pasting new icons I experienced issues with some icons not being added correctly. It seemed to work perfectly just copying and pasting for every button without ever clearing the clipboard in between.

So this is totally unrelated..- I just got VBforums and I have no idea where to post so can someone give me a hand?

Hyperactive Member

vfb ide Author: Yong Fang: StackHash_0a9e Baidu actually met a lot of people, my God, however, answer the question all the dick irrelevant. None of them can explain the problem.
    re: You must learn to use Bing to search English
    Then you have to post all the problems and solutions you are using VFP, FP in your forum, so that you can form your ecology

Hyperactive Member

It is a pity that the Chinese will not post to the official Freebasic forum, and almost 0 users of the "Yongfang" software studio forum post to reply. It is estimated that almost no one on the freebasic official website forum knows that there is vfb (visual freebasic)

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    It is a pity that the Chinese will not post to the official Freebasic forum, and almost 0 users of the "Yongfang" software studio forum post to reply. It is estimated that almost no one on the freebasic official website forum knows that there is vfb (visual freebasic)
    You saw wrong ,see posts camomille:

https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...p?f=17&t=28347
    https://www.freebasic.net/forum/view...28347&start=15

But impossible to post an image on this forum , just a link

and here Yong Fang Chinese forum (at the bottom of the page)

http://www.yfvb.com/soft-48.htm

On the FreeBasic forum, they consider VFB5 like to VB6 and on VBFORUM the opposite like to Freebasic, while freebasic is not a language but a compiler, this is why I tested by myself and I can say that 'we can write VB6 code in the VFB5 IDE practically without difference with VB6 (I gave above the main differences which are minimal).
    I have no interest in VFB5, it is only out of curiosity if I talk about him here, it can tempt experimenters like me but it may not exist anymore
    For my part, I continue every day to translate the Chinese texts partly into English and the messages in French, unfortunately as I cannot have contact with the Chinese forum, I keep them for me.
    Last edited by camomille; May 4th, 2020 at 12:51 PM.

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by LinkFX View Post
    I'm not sure about this error. It only seems to happen in Chinese operating systems. Does it prevent VB6 from launching or break things in any way?
    yes this problem leads to failure starting of vb6.exe

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by loquat View Post
    yes this problem leads to failure starting of vb6.exe
    Does it happen if you patch the English binaries from the English SP6 (with the correct patches for those files)?

I have suggestions:
    a) please add a window for working with git
    b) hotkeys for commenting/uncomment the highlighted block (or line where is cursor) [Ctrl+K, C] [Ctrl+K, U] like in popular ide and mssms, mostly needed
    c) ...
    ideas the whole railway carriage )
    Ten Years After - 01 You Give Me Loving

Lively Member

Quote Originally Posted by sergeos View Post
    I have suggestions:
    a) please add a window for working with git
    b) hotkeys for commenting/uncomment the highlighted block (or line where is cursor) [Ctrl+K, C] [Ctrl+K, U] like in popular ide and mssms, mostly needed
    c) ...
    ideas the whole railway carriage )
    B) is already a feature of many of the addins in the recommended list, most notably MZ-Tools

A) native git integration would be very useful indeed but would be better done as a separate add-in altogether.

Addicted Member

i am sorry, i just heard this VBF5, I just learnt about VB6 with modernized IDE,
    Can someone make comparison among VB6, VBF5 dan VB6 with modernized IDE, maybe table, since I am working on application using VB6 standard, perhaps I can switch to new IDE , will it make the coding more convenient ? any side effect ? I believe one day, these suhus/masters in this forum able to make own VB6 64bit,

I believe one day, these suhus/masters in this forum able to make own VB6 64bit
    It would be nice .... but I have my doubts ...

Addicted Member

Quote Originally Posted by Episcopal View Post
    It would be nice .... but I have my doubts ...
    yeah, because the programmer VB6 nowadays would be considered as "Dinosaurs" compared to what happened to programming todays

Quote Originally Posted by jedifuk View Post
    i am sorry, i just heard this VBF5, I just learnt about VB6 with modernized IDE,
    Can someone make comparison among VB6, VBF5 dan VB6 with modernized IDE, maybe table, since I am working on application using VB6 standard, perhaps I can switch to new IDE , will it make the coding more convenient ? any side effect ? I believe one day, these suhus/masters in this forum able to make own VB6 64bit,
    If you talk about VFB5 (not VBF5) see my posts 86/94/109/111 for the differences with VB6

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345