Thread: how to make hyperlinks of the sub forums of this website during my reply to a thread

Addicted Member

how to make hyperlinks of the sub forums of this website during my reply to a thread

Hi. In my recent thread in in GEneral Discussion, I was referred to other section/ sub forums of this website. Lets he I was told to visit General Developer, General PC and Gaming and Graphics Programming Forum.

Its a very lengthy process for me (in general) to open the main page and find those sub forums and then visit them in a separate (new) tab of my browser.

Question:
    Is there any option here in this website that if the person - who is answering the thread - is referring someone (thread poster) to other sub forums of the same website, so he will just mark those sub forums in a special way and those names will become hyperlinks and the thread poster will just click upon those links and he will directed in a new browser tab to that particular sub forum?

Thanks

Re: how to make hyperlinks of the sub forums of this website during my reply to a thr

The functionality is there to post links, eg: The thread we are in

This doesn't automatically open a new tab, and the link isn't set up automatically (the poster needs to find the link first), but it does provide most of what you want - if the person posting decides to put in the effort (which is more than the effort you are wanting to avoid for yourself).

While it would be nice for it to be automatic (or much easier for the poster), it is something that is very low priority in terms of the site software, so I expect that it wont change.

Addicted Member

Re: how to make hyperlinks of the sub forums of this website during my reply to a thr

@Si
    I know this option and I've used it. But this referring him to the same thread he has posted. I want a facility to refer the poster (thread or answer) to that particular forum not to the particular thread.

OK

I wish that we had an update for this particular work.

Thank you for your guidance Si.