Thread: !! Please Check This out for me, thanks in advance !!

!! Please Check This out for me, thanks in advance !!

Hello dear Forumers, I have come up with a special highly compressed version of a media player, that I want to have be made real and true for Windows and Mac, etc users. So then here it is, now like...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

Re: !! Please Check This out for me, thanks in advance !!

This seems like it would be a CodeBank thread unless you feel that it isn't working. For me, at least, the attachment isn't working.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

I had a quick look at the code, doesn't appear to be much to it but it is hardcoded to use c:\Temp which may not exist. There is no error trapping and no test to see if the folder exists so that would be a problem.

Thanks for the input, to my problem
    I have a huge free products range, of computer software in which you can download using any kind of 64-Bit Web Browser. Also there is coming a Social Networking section that I am making on my Website...

|Ambra Productions Inc. | The Black Sun Society | The Black Shield | Ambra College | Church of the Black Sun | Ambra Productions Inc's Homepage | Boomtick Event's Venues: Ambar Nightclub, Jack Rabbit Slim's, Villa Nightclub and Lucy's Bar | Pasta Ambra | Fish Feast Company | Wallet Wizard | Ambrose Liquor | Ambar Tavern | Ambra University |

Do you wish to do unpaid work for me??? If so, the PM me on this Forum, and then we can get to work, programming for the future of computers go by the name of ThEiMp. This is my ghost writers name. Also my nickname, means that I am: The Imperial of the Technology Industry, so then to make it really short, I just then wrote: The Imp, which is where I get the nickname from...

for my app to work, you have to download the current adobe shockwave player, to run my special resources, even like that so being true

Quote Originally Posted by ThEiMp View Post
    Hello dear Forumers, I have come up with a special highly compressed version of a media player, that I want to have be made real and true for Windows and Mac, etc users. So then here it is, now like...

!! Thanks in advance !!
    Hi thEimp, your application hardly contains any code.
    Let alone this magnificent video (de)compressor

When you select for example Batman from the list then some data is extracted from the resource file.
    This file is than stored as C:\Temp\zVideo-1234567890.mht

Content of this file:
    Code:
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/html;
    	charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    Content-Location: file://C:\Users\richa\Documents\My Multimedia Work\My Video Work\Build\Batman.htm
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE
    HTML Code:
    <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD><META content="IE=5.0000" http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible">
    <TITLE>Batman</TITLE> 
    <META http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> 
    <META name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001"></HEAD> <!-- saved from url=(0013)about:internet --> 
    <BODY bgcolor="#000000">
    <OBJECT width="100%" height="100%" id="Batman" classid="clsid:233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258" 
    codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw.cab#version=12,0,0,111" 
    viewastext=""><PARAM name="src" value="Batman.dcr"> <PARAM name="swRemote" 
    value="swSaveEnabled='true' swVolume='false' swRestart='false' swPausePlay='false' swFastForward='false' swContextMenu='false' "> 
    <PARAM name="swStretchStyle" value="fill"> <PARAM name="PlayerVersion" value="12"> 
    <PARAM name="bgColor" value="#000000"> <PARAM name="name" value="Batman"> <EMBED 
    name="Batman" width="100%" height="100%" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/" 
    src="Batman.dcr" type="application/x-director" playerversion="12" 
    swstretchstyle="fill" swremote="swSaveEnabled='true' swVolume='false' swRestart='false' swPausePlay='false' swFastForward='false' swContextMenu='false' " 
    swliveconnect="TRUE" bgcolor="#000000"> </OBJECT> </BODY></HTML>
    The webpage needs a file Batman.dcr to be played.
    I assume it works on your PC because all data is still available.
    So no magic compression in the CeniemainaSX.res file, only a webpage and some RTF data

you have to install adobe shockwave player 12 in order to use the build file exe

Nothing to do with having or not having the ShockWave player installed, the Batman.dcr is still not available on my PC.
    That file is the actual ShockWave movie file

check this out, I can't get over the resemblance the TheEimp has to Freddy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

PowerPoster

Didn't download the attachment, but based on OP's past posts the replies from others have been exactly as expected.

Shockwave isn't even officially available for download any more. It is no longer supported, it is no longer updated.

https://helpx.adobe.com/shockwave/sh...-life-faq.html

It sounds like your "media player" is nothing more than a VB front-end (which might even be giving it too much credit) to displaying Shockwave content using Shockwave. Equivalent to saying I've got a special highly compressed new spreadsheet program that I've developed, but you need Microsoft Excel 97 installed in order to be able to use it. Oh, and then it only works on my PC besides.

Good luck OP.
    Last edited by OptionBase1; Mar 20th, 2020 at 02:02 PM.

Yikes

can someone please help me with Open "BlahBlah.dcr".For Binary As #1 …. Close #1. because now have made the DCR file into as a resource file object. eg: MHT, DCR and also RTF, even. Those three file types have the same filename and then have each three files of the same filename, different contents and a file extension of MHT, DCR and also the RTF, file. the RTF file objects are readable, so then I don't need any help with the RTF files, of mine. Then comes the problem of extracting all of the Binary DCR file, to then extracted from the resource file...

!! Thanks in advance !!

PowerPoster

You do realize that if you include movies with it it will become huge and still fairly useless if it can only play the files that are included with it.

I am going to use data compression for the DCR file to exist inside my app, like so then

Here is the finished beta version of my product, even. which in time, i am going to have the DCR files, compressed, even using my special form of file compression. which can compress any large file into ten bytes, even. you will be able to see the new age tech of mine, hey dudes
    Attached Files Attached Files

Can someone tell me, why does the machine, try to create a data file from the resource file, with the weight of 2bytes, even. this is quite alarming, because I wish to get the whole information from the resource file object, that I am looking for, even. please help me, with my problem here, then...

!! Thanks in advance !!

I really don’t want to ruin your day, but your compression routine is creating a hash value. It doesn’t compress.
    You can not recreate a file from a single hash.

We discussed this already 2 years ago
    http://www.vbforums.com/showthread.p...=1#post5331577

VBForums would not be VBForums with threads like this
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

But then it works, right as per say, then am I right or wrong in my statement of a video player, even as per say

You are using Shockwave to play a file, which play a file in shockwave format.
    The original file (not your compressed file, but the HASHed file) is still on you drive, this is the one which is being played.
    Shockwave doesn't have some magically built in decompression routine for your HASH method.

but then I wrote one for my machine typed computer. Also there is an Xtra which is called Zip and UnZip, I have with my system, also

Please show the compression and the decompression routine!

At this moment all you are doing is using Internet Explorer to save a webpage with a ShockWave player with some parameters (name of the file to played) as an MHT file (web archive).
    Then you include the MHT file in a resource file which you add to a VB project.
    BUT the MHT file still needs an external file, like the file batman.dcr
    HTML Code:
    <PARAM name="src" value="Batman.dcr">
    I never use ShockWave or have seen a .DCR file.
    So can you attach the batman.dcr in ZIP file and upload it?

Yes I know that. but then I am saving DCR, MHT and also RTF files, to the one resource file, as per then that is done

And what is the size of this DCR file?

Did you create the DCR file with MacroMedia Director?
    Can you show the content of this script?
    Does it refer to a movie file?

Actually I am using Adobe Director 12 Shockwave Player and IDE, to work with problem of mine. the file size of the DCR greatly upon the number of epsiodes, series and also movies, tracks etc, that exist inside the DCR. Then there is always with keyframe one, has the JPG of a splash screen, there

I understand the size of the DCR is not fixed.
    But believe me, your application works only on your machine, because all the original files are present on your harddisk.

Compressing a movie file to 10 bytes is NOT possible.

PowerPoster

Maybe it's a great invention, like using motivation.Maybe it's a great invention, like a motive.Maybe this is a great invention, like a perpetual motion machine.

OMG, gee whizz

How many of you had Adobe Flash Shockwave Player, Adobe Director Shockwave Player, switched on MKV Media Player Codec and also have associated MKV movies to run with Media Player. Also that have installed the COM Surrogate to work with Windows 10 Professional USB. Because that is what you need to have the Video/Audio to be viewed on your system

PowerPoster

Plus you need the actual dcr files as stated earlier without those it will not work and also as stated earlier you can not compress a file such as this down to 10 bytes, not even close. Any type of compression has to result in a file that can be uncompressed to create an exact copy of the original if whatever routine you use can't do this then all it is really doing is corrupting/destroying the file. It works for you because you have the original file on your system where it can find it. If you remove the originals you will find that it stops working.

Wait a moment, here is the beta version of my application...
    Cenamina.zip

And it still doesn't work, because you are creating a fixed file name, and the MHT file expects "Batman.dcr"

Also you are treating the DCR file as a string, but it is binary data
    Code:
    Open "C:\zVideo-1234567890.dcr" For Output As #1
    Code:
    Subject: Batman
    Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2020 06:54:45 +0800
    MIME-Version: 1.0
    Content-Type: text/html;
    	charset="utf-8"
    Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
    Content-Location: file://C:\Users\richa\Documents\My Multimedia Work\My Video Work\Build\Batman.htm
    X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE

=EF=BB=BF<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
    <HTML><HEAD><META content=3D"IE=3D5.0000" =
    http-equiv=3D"X-UA-Compatible">
    <TITLE>Batman</TITLE>=20
    <META http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; =
    charset=3DUTF-8">=20
    <META name=3D"GENERATOR" content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.10570.1001"></HEAD> =
    <!-- saved from url=3D(0013)about:internet -->=20
    <BODY bgcolor=3D"#000000">
    <OBJECT width=3D"100%" height=3D"100%" id=3D"Batman" =
    classid=3D"clsid:233C1507-6A77-46A4-9443-F871F945D258"=20
    codebase=3D"http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/sw=
    .cab#version=3D12,0,0,111"=20
    viewastext=3D""><PARAM name=3D"src" value=3D"Batman.dcr"> <PARAM =
    name=3D"swRemote"=20
    value=3D"swSaveEnabled=3D'true' swVolume=3D'false' swRestart=3D'false' =
    swPausePlay=3D'false' swFastForward=3D'false' swContextMenu=3D'false' "> =

<PARAM name=3D"swStretchStyle" value=3D"fill"> <PARAM =
    name=3D"PlayerVersion" value=3D"12">=20
    <PARAM name=3D"bgColor" value=3D"#000000"> <PARAM name=3D"name" =
    value=3D"Batman"> <EMBED=20
    name=3D"Batman" width=3D"100%" height=3D"100%" =
    pluginspage=3D"http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/download/"=20
    src=3D"Batman.dcr" type=3D"application/x-director" playerversion=3D"12"=20
    swstretchstyle=3D"fill" swremote=3D"swSaveEnabled=3D'true' =
    swVolume=3D'false' swRestart=3D'false' swPausePlay=3D'false' =
    swFastForward=3D'false' swContextMenu=3D'false' "=20
    swliveconnect=3D"TRUE" bgcolor=3D"#000000"> </OBJECT> </BODY></HTML>
    So this will still work on your PC, because the original "Batman.dcr" is still there.
    But the Batman.dcr file still refers to a MP4 or MKV file...

Been working on this problem of mine for fourteen hours, today and last time around by then. Please only select the Movies -> Batman, section. because I have been working on that the most of my time, being privately isolated in my city, here right about now, like so even...
    Cenamina.zip

I give up, you really keep thinking you have some ultra compression method.
    It’s so astonishing that media players don’t even need a decompression routine.

Please show the source for the compressor and decompressor.
    But if it really works you should get a patent and license the routines to Netflix, Disney, Google, Facebook
    Because it would be worth millions of dollars per year

PowerPoster

How you choose to spend your own time is obviously up to you, but please know that no one here is asking for you to do this, or likely even interested in what you are working on. As far as I can remember, nothing like this that you've ever posted has ever even worked for anyone else who has tried to run it.

Telling people that they have to install no longer supported, no longer updated, no longer available to download third party plug-ins in order to get your code to work is not a good way to introduce your product.

No one is going to take any of your posts seriously (nor should they) when you continue to claim that you can compress an entire feature film video file into ten bytes.

That's my tough but honest criticism of all of this. Good luck.
    Last edited by OptionBase1; Mar 28th, 2020 at 10:26 AM.

Thanks for the input