Thread: Automate WhatsApp

Hyperactive Member

Automate WhatsApp

Hello, it is a class module that is used to automate whatsApp through the MS Edge + Javascript and VB6 browser through web.whatsapp.com, I do not know if this is the case but I think it can be called web scraping, this type of Technique does not usually last long since if WhatsApp changes part of the html content of your website this module may be useless, it is to be enjoyed while it lasts, then if there are changes you will have to find a way to update it.

This can be very useful if you know how to take advantage, we can read and
    send text messages, get contact list, phone numbers, profile picture and others.

It is important to clarify that this module requires Windows 10 and MS Edge (html version) clarification of html version since these days Microsoft has updated MS Edge to a version that uses the Chromium engine, and this cannot be automated, the classic version MS Edge used the Internet Explorer engine, that is why it can be automated, the reason to use Edge and not Internet Explorer is because the latter is not accepted by Web.Whatsapp.com, the Chromium version is not yet an update global windows but surely over time it is global, do not worry you can go back to the html version, following these steps as you can see they can have both versions if they wish. CLARIFICATION DOES NOT REQUIRE SELENIUM

The download includes the module and a small example of use (I emphasize it is just an example, it has no use whatsoever), by way of comment I have made an application using this module that is used to request shifts through WhatsApp, I still do not know if I am going to publish, this works through word commands, something like an artificial intelligence but of a very very low level ag where the client requests a shift, the application checks if it is available, stores it in a database and sends him a message that his shift has been reserved.

For the example I have used an OCX (Replacement of the MS common controls),use the ocx because as many names and words use unicode characters which includes the Emojis, if they use the common vb controls they would look bad and the application would not even work well.
    for your peace of mind you can download the latest version of ocx and make changes to the project

Name:  WhatsApp.jpg
Views: 7072
Size:  27.6 KB

WhatsApp.zip

or download from my site with ocx included.
    Last edited by LeandroA; Apr 1st, 2020 at 09:09 PM.
    leandroascierto.com Visual Basic 6 projects

Fanatic Member

Re: Automate WhathsApp

Quote Originally Posted by LeandroA View Post
    The download includes the module and a small example of use (I emphasize it is just an example, it has no use whatsoever), by way of comment I have made an application using this module that is used to request shifts through WhatsApp, I still do not know if I am going to publish, this works through word commands, something like an artificial intelligence but of a very very low level ag where the client requests a shift, the application checks if it is available, stores it in a database and sends him a message that his shift has been reserved.
    I don't use WhatsApp, but what is the meaning of shift reservation?

Hyperactive Member

Quote Originally Posted by qvb6 View Post
    I don't use WhatsApp, but what is the meaning of shift reservation?
    for example if you go to the doctor or dentist you have to ask for an appointment
    agree on a visiting time, what do you use if you don't use whatsapp?

App capture
    Name:  Sin título.jpg
Views: 6580
Size:  18.7 KB
    leandroascierto.com Visual Basic 6 projects

Hyperactive Member

Hi leandro.
    as always very good work.
    I can't test your program because I have blocked navigation by edge.
    The only error I discovered was that the browser did not recognize the edge of the route.
    I solved it this way.

Code:
    Shell "cmd.exe /c start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge : https://web.whatsapp.com", vbHide
    greetings and very good work

PS: sorry for the language I use translator

hola Leandro.
    como siempre muy buen trabajo.
    no puedo probar tu programa por que tengo bloqueado la navegacion por edge.
    como unico error que descubri fue que no me reconocio el navegador edge la ruta.
    lo solucione de esta manera.

Code:
    Shell "cmd.exe /c start shell:AppsFolder\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe!MicrosoftEdge : https://web.whatsapp.com", vbHide
    una cuestión por que no se podría hacer mediante chrome puedes hacer una extension y que esta transmita el código de la pagina o simplemente ejecute comandos en ella y los trasmita a vb6.
    perdón por escribirte pero siempre mis traducciones sales fatal jaja.

un saludo y muy buen trabajo como siempre todos tus trabajos sigue así
    Last edited by yokesee; Mar 17th, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Fanatic Member

good example. thanks

Fanatic Member

I have a problem, when I open ie11 to load the webpage with the shell parameter hide, it seems that the browser is not hidden.

Fanatic Member

try
    MSG := RegisterWindowMessage('WM_HTML_GETOBJECT');
    SendMessageTimeOut(WHandle, MSG, 0, 0, SMTO_ABORTIFHUNG, 1000, lRes);
    Result := ObjectFromLresult(lRes, IHTMLDocument2, 0, pDoc);
    if Result = S_OK then
    (pDoc.parentWindow as IServiceprovider).QueryService(IWebbrowserApp, IWebbrowser2, IE);

this code can return webbrowser object. (pDoc.parentWindow as IServiceprovider).QueryService(IWebbrowserApp, IWebbrowser2, IE) ; how
    can do with vb6.

Re: Automate WhatsApp

Hello, it is a class module that is used to automate whatsApp through the MS Edge + Javascript and VB6 browser through web.whatsapp.com, I do not know if this is the case but I think it can be called web scraping, this type of Technique does not usually last long since if WhatsApp changes part of the html content of your website this module may be useless, it is to be enjoyed while it lasts, then if there are changes you will have to find a way to update it.

send text messages, get contact list, phone numbers, profile picture and others.

It is important to clarify that this module requires Windows 10 and MS Edge (html version) clarification of html version since these days Microsoft has updated MS Edge to a version that uses the Chromium engine, and this cannot be automated, the classic version MS Edge used the Internet Explorer engine, that is why it can be automated, the reason to use Edge and not Internet Explorer is because the latter is not accepted by Web.Whatsapp.com, the Chromium version is not yet an update global windows but surely over time it is global, do not worry you can go back to the html version, following these steps as you can see they can have both versions if they wish. CLARIFICATION DOES NOT REQUIRE SELENIUM

For the example I have used an OCX (Replacement of the MS common controls),use the ocx because as many names and words use unicode characters which includes the Emojis, if they use the common vb controls they would look bad and the application would not even work well.
    for your peace of mind you can download the latest version of ocx and make changes to the project

WhatsApp.zip

Nice peace of work thanks for sharing this info with us. but unfortunately the second last given link doesn't work in browser chrome so can you please check this link or provide another valid source where I can download this easily thanks in advance.

Fanatic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Benton View Post
    Nice peace of work thanks for sharing this info with us. but unfortunately the second last given link doesn't work in browser chrome so can you please check this link or provide another valid source where I can download this easily thanks in advance.
    chrome must used chromdirver or selenium。 this demo used ie

Quote Originally Posted by Benton View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by xxdoc123 View Post
    chrome must used chromdirver or selenium。 this demo used ie
    Thanks for your reply.

PowerPoster

WhatsApp.zip

HI BRO!
    have error in image, can you resolve?
    Attached Images Attached Images