Thread: Can't change thread title of threads with more than 1 page?

PowerPoster

Can't change thread title of threads with more than 1 page?

So I noticed the main thread title as shown in the forum index for one of my projects wasn't changing (just the post title was), and after some trial and error, discovered that the issue was the number of pages. All of my threads with a single page of posts could have the main title changed, but all of my threads with more than 1 page didn't change the main title; so the title of the first post then differed from the actual title:

On a single-page thread, you'd edit the title and then all three title texts would match. But as shown above, with a multi-page thread, the title change is only reflected in a single spot.

Mainly I wanted to change the title of this thread to [VB6] ucShellBrowse: Modern Drive/FileList replacement w/extensive features (3/16), but as I'm wanting to put Last Updated values in it's not a one time thing.

PowerPoster

Re: Can't change thread title of threads with more than 1 page?

Uh oh... I tried to see if marking it Resolved would trigger the change... it added [RESOLVED], but with the old title, and now it can't be removed
    If a mod/admin could at least remove the [RESOLVED] tag that would be great lol

Nope, not gonna do it.

Actually, I did try, and all I can do is confirm what you are seeing. I can't change the title, either, and can't remove the [Resolved], either.

So, see whether or not you can make it worse: Try resolving it again. At worst, you'll end up with a doubly resolved thread.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

OH MY HEAD HURTS...... <<<this is a bad thing>>>

I removed the RESOLVED.... Honestly can't remember if MODS have access Administrative-> EDIT Thread
    (looks like shaggy doesn't have access... OH and no one can resolve a thread more than one time)

Hate to rain on your parade.... But ALL Members have an option called->
    Number of Posts to Show Per Page:
    I think the default is 40 posts per page which is a large number compared to some sites.

PowerPoster

Ah well thanks for removing [RESOLVED] at least.

It appears I was wrong about the cause.

Was trying to isolate the number, and found that I can change the title on my ucShellTree thread, with 25 replies, but cannot change the title on my ITaskbarList3 thread... also with 25 replies. And I can't change another thread with only 3 replies.

I think it might be related to thread start date instead of post count. It appears the cutoff is 2 years, I could edit a title from May 2018 but not one from Jan 2018.

That makes sense.... Most of our sister sites - members can only edit within 24 hours.