Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What was your last purchase?

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Re: What was your last purchase?

I've uploaded a few images lately with no problem. None as epic as the millennium falcon, though
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I've uploaded a few images lately with no problem. None as epic as the millennium falcon, though
    Hehe, glad you like it. What browser did you use? I use Chrome.

Mostly I just use Edge (yep, I'm that guy).
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Frenzied Member

Mostly I just use Edge (yep, I'm that guy).
    Do you think it is a decent browser? Never used it myself.

Decent, yes. Great, no. It's got some annoyances, like the inability to have a new tab open to my home page. And, because it's an app, it doesn't play well with plugins. But, honestly, I don't ask much of a browser so it does fine for me.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Mar 25th, 2020 at 10:21 AM.

Frenzied Member

Decent, yes. Great, no. It's got some annoyances, like the inability to have a new tab open to my home page. And, because it's an app, it doesn't play well with plugins. But, honestly, I don't ask much of a browser so it does fine for me.
    I suppose that at least it doesn't crash or get hijacked all the time like its predecessor. Back on topic, anyone wants to share more purchases?

Who can leave their house?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Who can leave their house?
    Where I live, everyone who isn’t sick or stuck home with sick relatives. Are people still allowed to get essential items? Is buying online still possible? Where I live, this is still possible.

In the Netherlands you are allowed to leave your house when you are not feeling sick or have a sick person in the household.
    Constraints:
    - no groups with 3 or more people, keep a distance of 1.5 meters from others
    - shopping: max 2 persons per household, with a maximum of 1 client per 10m2 of shop space
    - social distancing, don't visit others except when necessary

In the UK you can only leave your house for medical reasons (obvs), to buy groceries or once a day for exercise. And if you're a key worker.

Surely people can still go to a supermarket to get decent food?
    Not where I live. No decent food available on store shelves. The hoarders load it into their pickups as soon as it hits the shelves in the morning. No TP either. If you want Jalapenos and Hot Pockets, there might be a few of those on the shelves.

I am still working, and can leave for a bike ride or other necessary things (groceries, etc.).

If you want Jalapenos and Hot Pockets
    Doesn't sound wise if there's no toilet paper

Our supermarkets are basically back to normal now. I reckon the panic buying lasted about 2 weeks then tailed off.

Frenzied Member

Doesn't sound wise if there's no toilet paper

Our supermarkets are basically back to normal now. I reckon the panic buying lasted about 2 weeks then tailed off.

In the UK you can only leave your house for medical reasons (obvs), to buy groceries or once a day for exercise. And if you're a key worker.
    Doggone locksmiths!!

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

I dont want to buy anything on Amazon as CA distribution hub worker got the corona!
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Quote Originally Posted by RobDog888 View Post
    I dont want to buy anything on Amazon as CA distribution hub worker got the corona!
    You could always disinfect the stuff that is delivered to your doorstep.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'
    save a blobFileStreamDataTable To Text Filemy blog

I'm gonna buy disinfectant. That would mean that I'd be disinfecting disinfectant, which would be totally awesome.

The world would implode

LA, Calif. Raiders #1 AKA:Gangsta Yodaâ„¢

I'm gonna buy disinfectant. That would mean that I'd be disinfecting disinfectant, which would be totally awesome.
    How would you disinfect the box of disinfectant when you receive it as you wont have the ability to use the disinfectant until you open the box?

How many chucks could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    VB/Office Guru™ (AKA: Gangsta Yoda™ ®)
    I dont answer coding questions via PM. Please post a thread in the appropriate forum.

Microsoft MVP 2006-2011
    Office Development FAQ (C#, VB.NET, VB 6, VBA)
    Senior Jedi Software Engineer MCP (VB 6 & .NET), BSEE, CET
    If a post has helped you then Please Rate it!
    • Reps & Rating Posts • VS.NET on Vista • Multiple .NET Framework Versions • Office Primary Interop Assemblies • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™.NET • VB/Office Guru™ Word SpellChecker™ VB6 • VB.NET Attributes Ex. • Outlook Global Address List • API Viewer utility • .NET API Viewer Utility •
    System: Intel i7 6850K, Geforce GTX1060, Samsung M.2 1 TB & SATA 500 GB, 32 GBs DDR4 3300 Quad Channel RAM, 2 Viewsonic 24" LCDs, Windows 10, Office 2016, VS 2019, VB6 SP6

Set the outside box on fire. That will kill the virus if it exists. Then douse the box with water before the container inside melts.
    Everything that has a computer in will fail. Everything in your life, from a watch to a car to, you know, a radio, to an iPhone, it will fail if it has a computer in it. They should kill the people who made those things.- 'Woz'

Water isn't a good disinfectant. I like your first step, but not the second. Therefore, I'm going to set the box on fire, then douse it with pure rubbing alcohol. That should disinfect all kinds of things, perhaps even the entire neighborhood, once all is finished.

Water isn't a good disinfectant. I like your first step, but not the second. Therefore, I'm going to set the box on fire, then douse it with pure rubbing alcohol. That should disinfect all kinds of things, perhaps even the entire neighborhood, once all is finished.
    Pure rubbing alcohol will definitely kill the virus. if you have that, scratch the setting fire to the box. just douse it in alcohol.

Some stuff for my room

^Best first post EVER!

Welcome to the forums. I love it when people find their way to ChitChat as their first sub forum. They get to experience all the weird wonder that is VBF.

I had an amazon delivery in the strangest fashion.

Unfortunately, his delivery may have broken the headphone inside the package.
    It is also entirely possible that the headphone was broken in the warehouse from where it was shipped.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12