Thread: What puter game are you currently rocking out

Question What puter game are you currently rocking out

Invested in a Nintendo Switch and got with it Legend of Zelda BOTW. Awesome game, though am racking up some huge number of hours in game play.

So far have knocked over the first divine beast, got the master sword, and have a bunch of ancient arrows.

Re: What puter game are you currently rocking out

A Plague Tale: Innocence. Just got to the first combat scene. I also started Dark Souls for the first time a while ago. I think that I'm starting to get the hang of it but I've put it on hold until I finish the other. I have a huge number of unplayed games in my Steam library - I own all three Dark Souls games but only just started the first - so I really need to get my head down and get playing. Looking to the future, really anticipating Senua's Saga: Hellblade II, having loved Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. I'm generally more of a shooter fan but I enjoyed the combat in Hellblade so much that I went looking for other sword-based games and that's why I decided to finally play Dark Souls.

Noice, my mate was playing Dark Souls for quite some time, he reckons it's pretty good.

Know what you mean about game build up, have Skyrim and Alien Isolation on the Switch. The whole back catalog of Resident Evil games, The Evil Within, The Last of Us, and a couple more for the PS4. On the bright side I don't have anything unfinished on the puter.

Sounds like you lot are getting smashed by the weather at the moment, hot and humid up here.

Quote Originally Posted by Salient View Post
    Sounds like you lot are getting smashed by the weather at the moment, hot and humid up here.
    The humidity here is up because of the recent rain - or maybe that's the other way around - but at least that helped with the fires a bit, so it's a small price to pay. Sucks to go from drought and everything on fire to hail and floods. We are a land of extremes, after all.

On the games front, I also have all the RE games lined up to play. I played 1, 2 and 3 back in the old days but I have the 1 remaster installed but only played about 10 minutes of it. I'll get back to that soon, then the 2 remake, then the 0 remaster and then probably onto 4 and the rest, plus Revelations 1 and 2 in there. Probably won't get the 3 remake until the price goes down a fair bit. Also have The Evil Within 1 and 2. Got 2 for free with a new graphics card, along with Prey. Never had a PS so no The Last Of Us, although hoping the rumours about first-party Sony games coming to PC so I might get to play The Last Of Us 2. The first game play-through I watched on YouTube - still the only one I've watched the whole way - was God Of War, so I wouldn't mind playing future instalments of that either. I reckon it would make financial sense for Sony to release PS4 exclusives to PC once that generation is superseded but hold off on PS5 exclusives for the time being.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Everything wants to kill you in Australia. The spiders, the snakes, the drop bears. And if you survive the fauna, the weather comes after you. It's no wonder you guys are all so keen to travel. Hope you, your friends and your family are all OK, JM.

I've been playing Jurassic World and trying to get into Total War: Three Kingdoms. I like my sims and strategy.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I've only got one old Game and play it from time to time
    Quake2
    nothing better to shot;Bomb... and think of the Users;Clients that drive you crazy
    to hunt a species to extinction is not logical !
    since 2010 the number of Tigers are rising again in 2016 - 3900 were counted. with Baby Callas it's 3901, my wife and I had 2-3 months the privilege of raising a Baby Tiger.

King of sapila

Currently IceWindDale 2 and awaiting for the BG3 release!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3

There a Baldurs Gate 3 in the pipes?! Ooh, looking forward to that.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoutdv View Post
    Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3
    Have you played the previous Witcher games? If not, were you influenced to play 3 by the Netflix series? I have all three in my library and have for a while but haven't played any. The series has made me more keen to do so but I have to add them to the list.

No I had not played the other games.
    I bought The Witcher 3 (complete edition) somewhere in may 2018, after I finished HZD.
    I played it till I finished the main story line. I had some problems to motivate myself to play the 2 DLCs.
    So recently I started again with HZD in "New game+" mode.

I do have the books (Kindle edition), but haven't read them yet.
    Boy, I really like the serie on Netflix. Only 2 episodes left and I really don't want it to end and then wait for another 14 months or so.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    There a Baldurs Gate 3 in the pipes?! Ooh, looking forward to that.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etGvdC7icYQ
    It may need 18+ acknowledge depending on your country. Greece probably 2+ acknowledge :P , China I will paint my face white n' try to mime it :P :P

Original Witcher is great, Witcher 2 is total BS, Witcher 3 haven't played (my PC will not go for newer games). On a similar pace, this is also a great game :
    "Dragon age"

Skyrim and Fallout 4 are now getting a bit old. Just got Red Dead Redemption 2, cause I want to hunt squirrels...and I hear the horses have "realistic shrinkage" when they walk through cold water. That's kind of crazy detail. Anyways, I downloaded it from Steam, and I have a REALLY slow connection at home (cause I loathe the service provider, and all the other alternatives are even worse, in this area, but that's another story), so the download took 9 days. That was fun.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

I play the old demo version of Age of Empires 2 from time to time. I win every time against the computer.

I have the full version of AOE 2 on disk, but it's unplayable since it's badly scratched. Even when it did worked way back, Microsoft closed the gaming Zone which was the only place to play multiplayer for this old version of the game.

so the download took 9 days
    It takes up the entire disk on my PS4

Good game though.

I've never been a big fan of the latest games. I played a couple games of chess the other day. Other than that that last game along those lines I played was standing at a machine you put quarters in

This is the chess game I online play. If you can consistently beat level three you can consistently beat me. I usually win but not always at that level.

https://www.chess.com/play/computer

Right after I posted this I played it at level four and won

Then I tried level five and it beat me handily...
    Last edited by TysonLPrice; Jan 26th, 2020 at 07:20 AM.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Having spent more time on Red Dead R2, I'm VERY impressed. The details in that game are hard to believe, and the graphics are spectacular. I feel like I've been to some of those places. I killed a rabbit, then a bit later saw a fox feeding on the corpse. I then moved to the other side of a bluff and saw a buffalo. Upon closer a closer look, the buffalo had a bird sitting on its back...as there should be. Later on, I saw two bucks locked together in a fight. One had been killed, but their horns were still locked, so the winner was struggling to get free.

I just find that over and over, I'm amazed at the details that have been added to that game. I barely care about the main story. I spend all my time wandering around, hunting, bird watching, and eventually I expect to be fishing (haven't gotten the quest to unlock fishing, yet).

King of sapila

I can't really play a game like this. One with no good ol' gameplay.
    I think that is the problem on most of today's games. Exceptional graphics, no game play.
    Except, err, football ( no, the other one) but I would gladly play sensible soccer over PES898993 .
    Some exceptions do come by of course (fingers crossed for BG3)

I spend all my time wandering around, hunting, bird watching, and eventually I expect to be fishing (haven't gotten the quest to unlock fishing, yet).
    Um, you know Yellowstone National Park is just down the road from you, right?

PowerPoster yereverluvinuncleber's Avatar

I am not "rocking out" anything as I am unsure what the words mean or if it has a particular meaning. I am taking a guess that it means just "are playing" from the answer others have given.

Americans and the poor suffering language. Hmmm.

I am playing Colonial Conquest, the old Atari game that is similar to Risk, rewritten to function on Windows and now called coconet. Still playing a game from 1985? that might be a record.

The old game can be downloaded here for free, it is as playable as it was then, just MUCH faster.

http://bringerp.free.fr/RE/ColonialConquest/remake.php5

Still playing a game from 1985? that might be a record.
    That's pretty much the standard game length for Risk

By the way, I just noticed your location. Priceless

King of sapila

You can't see that map and just let it slide.
    This is the map of our hearts!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb_H9Nn7Z1o

I Guess the oldest game I actively play till today, that I can think of, is 1986 Bubble Bobble and 1987 Double Dragon with close Adventure games like Larry and Space Quest.
    The newest game is probably Pillars of Eternity and that is as much as my PC can handle on newer games.

For those interested have done all the divine beasts and gearing up to take the big bad down

King of sapila

For those interested I'm currently in the 2nd level of Dragon's eye in IWD2 . I don't have a paladin to expose the "fake" Nathaniel so I would have to attack so I can "declock" him but first I need to bargain with him and cash out because I have a full case of unused scrolls and 2 chest of uneeded potions that are just taking space.
    Last edited by sapator; Feb 14th, 2020 at 09:24 AM.

I'm currently enjoying Surviving Mars. Started playing yesterday. I picked it up ages ago, just never had the time. So far I'm enjoying it, just having a hard time figuring out small things like the layouts of the domes vs the power cables, etc... Very tricky at times...

Quote Originally Posted by BillGeek View Post
    I'm currently enjoying Surviving Mars.
    How did you get there?

Oh, it's a computer game. Now I understand.

Still wandering around in Red Dead Redemption 2. I WAS planning to go to Yellowstone, but it's now closed, so we'll just have to see about that.

I recently finished Ori and the Will of the Wisps. I preordered from the Microsoft Store and paid with Microsoft Rewards points, so got it effectively free. I replayed Ori and the Blind Forest beforehand to get a feel for the controls again - used an Xbox controller where I usually play with keyboard and mouse. Both are excellent games that I heartily recommend. I'm not necessarily big on platforming games or the Metroidvania genre in general, although I did enjoy things like Limbo, Inside, Little Nightmares and Candleman. I think that it's more about atmosphere than mechanics for me and both Ori games look great and are big on story and atmosphere. Now that that's done, I've gone old-school and I'm playing RHEM I SE on Steam. It takes me back to my Myst days and makes me think that I may play some of those again. I have realMyst that I've never actually played so I might give that a go. I also have RHEM II SE and RHEM IV SE on Steam but RHEM III SE is yet to be released, so I won't be able to finish the series for a bit. Based on the years of release of the SE editions, RHEM III SE is due very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    How did you get there?

Oh, it's a computer game. Now I understand.

Still wandering around in Red Dead Redemption 2. I WAS planning to go to Yellowstone, but it's now closed, so we'll just have to see about that.
    I really like open world games, but sadly I can't get my head around for RDR2.
    I bought it for my PS4 on the release date, but I can't get used to it.
    I player Horizon Zero Dawn en The Witcher 3, but RDR2 makes my cry, mainly because of the controls.

This video on Youtube describes exactly what I experienced during the first hours of RDR2:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FGO_DNwZX4

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I WAS planning to go to Yellowstone, but it's now closed
    From what I understand, the bears and other wildlife are having a field day there at the moment, with no people to worry about. Such places might be a bit dangerous for a while once they are reopened, until the animals get used to having people around and messing up their day again.

I heard they've been seen stealing pickernick baskets.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcilhinney View Post
    From what I understand, the bears and other wildlife are having a field day there at the moment, with no people to worry about. Such places might be a bit dangerous for a while once they are reopened, until the animals get used to having people around and messing up their day again.
    I tend to go there when one particular campground opens a week before Memorial Day in late May. The bears haven't quite figured out that there will be people all over the place where the day before there had been none.

A few years back, I got there and found a line of people along the side of the road. Turns out, there was a sow grizzly with three cubs pretty near the road, so everybody was taking pictures. I took a couple pictures, as well. We were WAY too close, but I figured that the mamma bear was not terribly bothered by the people, and if she had been, while I couldn't outrun her, I sure could outrun the other people in that crowd.