Thread: How to write membership registration and authentication code via email on asp.net ?

Fanatic Member

How to write membership registration and authentication code via email on asp.net ?

How to write membership registration and authentication code via email on asp.net web ?

When registering a member of a certain forum on the website, the forum usually requires confirmation by phone number or email to activate the registered user account (registered member), I want to find samples, documents. or this topic keyword, what keywords do I use ?

Re: How to write membership registration and authentication code via email on asp.net

The general idea is that you create a user in your table and add some kind of key to it. This key is then appended to a URL (IE: https://yoursite.com/verifyaccount/someidhere) and emailed to the user; it typically has a 24 hour lifetime.

When the user clicks that URL, it brings them to a page that you then use to activate their user (set a flag of active to true, null out the key, anything really to flag that they've completed this step). Once that is done, the user can login.

Fanatic Member

Re: How to write membership registration and authentication code via email on asp.net

I understand this problem, you are very right but I need documents, examples of code, sample programs for reference.

When I search the web for "asp.net web forms user registration" I get loads of hits. Have you searched at all? Are you able to register and authenticate a user without email? If so, we need to know how you're doing that in order to make a relevant suggestion about how you might extend it. If you can't then it's rather premature to even be worrying about that part. You seem to be asking a question about a step well down the path and expecting us to explain all the steps before that too.