Page 58 of 137 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,320 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I thought I was the pariah around here.
    The good news is I'm unselfish enough to be willing to share that status.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Are you kidding me? Performing in-place human kernel patches...what could possibly go wrong? Besides everything?

As a coder it should scare the hell out of you.
    You should be triple scared because it was tested by Microsoft!

I don't have an opinion here only what covid have proven but just think about this.
    1)They may be close to the cure for cancer with Mr.na(y)
    2)They made it up in a jiffy for covid

Why didn't they use it for cancer, having a relaxed time to Mr.na(y) it ?
    So either they had a way to sorta kinda cure cancer and they conceal it or they didn't have a cure and they thought it was a good time to "practice" Mr.na(y) to poor innocent covid victims.
    Either way they should be hanged.

I would only support the vaccine to dying cancer victims and only with their consent. OR, or to rats, we have a few in the parliament.
    Also if I remember correctly fighting one spike does not mean that all spikes are the same, so one spike won't be 100% sufficient. Not a doctor but I've read this somewhere.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

I still don't venture out very often, but tonight I wanted a little something to vary my options. Made a run for some soft drinks and snacks. I typically do this after midnight because you run into a lot fewer other customers than during the day.

This time store after store (mostly gas station convenience stores) was totally dark. Found an open one and asked about it. Turns out they are finding it impossible to stay open due to lack of workers. Some places have shut down entirely, others only open for short shifts around commuting hours. Few ever have more than one employee on duty at a time.

I can understand when people decide that working doesn't pay enough to get off the COVID welfare rolls. I'm just not sure where this goes long term, or what will happen when the "enhanced unemployment" gravy train comes to an end.

More pay is one answer, but I doubt we'll see profit-taking reduced. So part of it might be escalating prices until they find a new balance that allows better pay but doesn't price them out of peoples' ability or willingness to pay.

Even Japanese-style vending machine arcades would only do so much. They still have to be restocked and there is an investment to be made, as well as the cost of vandalism. If you can't get a moron to wear a mask you're not going to stop him from smash and grab robbery of automats.

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Are you kidding me? Performing in-place human kernel patches...what could possibly go wrong? Besides everything?

As a coder it should scare the hell out of you.
    It's not a kernel patch. That would be the CRISPR stuff that changes DNA. mRNA is not that at all. It makes no permanent patch, nor even a temporary patch. mRNA is very unstable. You create loads of it all the time, and destroy/recycle loads of it all the time. The difference between creation and destruction determines what proteins you create, and how many. That's all that this is, creating some proteins, which are themselves destroyed pretty quickly.

You're right that changing DNA could go wrong, but you're wrong if you think that's what these vaccines do.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    You should be triple scared because it was tested by Microsoft!

I don't have an opinion here only what covid have proven but just think about this.
    1)They may be close to the cure for cancer with Mr.na(y)
    2)They made it up in a jiffy for covid

Why didn't they use it for cancer, having a relaxed time to Mr.na(y) it ?

So either they had a way to sorta kinda cure cancer and they conceal it or they didn't have a cure and they thought it was a good time to "practice" Mr.na(y) to poor innocent covid victims.
    Either way they should be hanged.
    Nope, you're mostly wrong on all counts, but understandably so.

Keep in mind that what is really unusual about the vaccines is that they got approved in a year. Normally, it would take MANY years. The vaccines were being developed against SOME KINDS of cancer, not all of them. The technique can only work against cancers that exhibit a unique protein, and that means that only some cancers are candidates. Better than nothing, but it presents a few problems for getting approval for putting them out. For one thing, you need a sizable pool of people with the right type of cancer for stage III trials. They weren't to stage III trials, as far as I know, but they would be years out even if they were, under the normal approval process.

You also have to realize how recent most of the technology is. If it takes a decade to get a vaccine to market, normally, then when did they start? Several years ago, certainly. The underlying technology (making the mRNA, anyways) may only be a decade or so. We understood RNA and DNA decades ago. We couldn't do much with it even twenty years back.

So, you want them to have already produced something when they wouldn't realistically have been able to. Technology moves forward, we're used to that. What's a bit surprising/disturbing is that approval got compressed, in this case.

PowerPoster

SH,

Nice job explaining the situation. There is so much disinformation out that it's understandable people have such misconceptions.

As for the unvaccinated people still having to wear masks. I keep hearing the argument that if your vaccinated then why do unvaccinated people need to wear masks. My view is, you don't. You have to keep wearing them because not everyone that wants to be vaccinated has had the opportunity. Personally I wish the mask mandate was for everyone until the people that want it has the opportunity to get it. Not that it's much safer but it would be one less thing for the complainers and conspiracy theorist to use as an excuse to spread their fear. For the people that could never understand the reason for wearing mask it doesn't matter, as they admit, they don't understand.

PowerPoster

Even though the vaccinated are now invulnerable they can continue wearing masks to show solidarity with mere mortals.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

You have to keep wearing them because not everyone that wants to be vaccinated has had the opportunity
    Worse, many will never get the opportunity. There are whole swathes of people who cannot receive vaccines due to existing medical conditions. The most obvious being those who are immuno-compromised e.g. due to chemo therapy but also includes very young children.

The short term objective of getting vaccinated is to protect yourself from a virus. But the long term objective to to protect everyone else from you having the virus. It's herd immunity. And the all too common anti-vaxxer arguments which ignore the latter are ignorant and selfish to the point of sociopathy.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

King of sapila

So the technology is relatively new and untested and yet they made a vaccine and tested it on zombies. How is that me being wrong? Either there use it understandably enough or they don't. If they do then cure cancer, or for that matter, simply cure covid, they don't even do that. If they don't then covid zombies. You said it yourself that it is not properly tested but yet they tested it in a few months and put it out as a vaccine.
    So either they tested it enough or they didn't. If they did use it for cancer or covid if they didn't, zombies.

Masks are utterly and completely useless outside and possibly in a very small percentage useful inside when you stack people together, masks keeps YOU for covitizing people. So healthy people are only in danger from vaccinated ones that now carry the covid seal of the Devil! Beware of the zombie sineeerrsss!

PowerPoster

Even though the vaccinated are now invulnerable they can continue wearing masks to show solidarity with mere mortals.
    If that's what it takes, sign me up. Solidarity in the US, Dil your feeling awfully optimistic today. lol

King of sapila

What? No they are not.

Again, I don't have an issue with properly yearly tested on the standard path vaccines.
    If you don't understand that they are rushing it and experimenting it on you then what would probably happen is , nothing or you are going to have complications or you will die.
    Last edited by sapator; May 15th, 2021 at 12:36 PM.

PowerPoster

Indeed, we may all be crying as the newer Indian variants spread. The current vaccines seem to have only limited impact on them. Probably because of how far they have mutated. That makes sense, Darwinian Selection at work.

King of sapila

Pfizer Bourla said that you will have to vac every 6-9 months and for the rest of the pandem that may take 3-4 years. Moneee-yyyyy!

PowerPoster

The labor shortage thing just gets more real here. A drugstore close to me has closed, moved staff to the one a little further out. Reduced pharmacy staffing hours within the store.

King of sapila

At least this is one thing we don't have to worry about.
    Greece is on a 13 years crisis so we get used of the labor shortage.
    It will only get worse until it gets, worse.

That's not exactly why I continue to wear a mask, but it's close. I've never been particularly concerned with the virus itself. I felt that if I got it, I'd be okay. Several of my friends got it, but there were no particularly severe cases (we aren't TOO old, and are pretty healthy in general...plus, I'm always optimistic). I also had the ability to work from home in splendid isolation. Still, I wore a mask, and still do, just because being a member of society incurs certain obligations. Ultimately, EVERYTHING we wear is a uniform of one sort or another, and a mask is no different.

PowerPoster

Ultimately, EVERYTHING we wear is a uniform of one sort or another, and a mask is no different.
    That's why I go naked. Except for a mask but I only wear the mask because people tell me I look better with it on. Gotta please my fans.

King of sapila

dilettante show the unemployment coming from this.
    As in Greece also, the no1 killer is poverty not covid, think about what they did to us.

Also I guess everyone wearing a mask and want to be an obligated member of society is changing mask after 2 hours of wearing it and never use the same one again.
    This is what you are all doing, right?

So the technology is relatively new and untested and yet they made a vaccine and tested it on zombies. How is that me being wrong? Either there use it understandably enough or they don't. If they do then cure cancer, or for that matter, simply cure covid, they don't even do that. If they don't then covid zombies. You said it yourself that it is not properly tested but yet they tested it in a few months and put it out as a vaccine.
    I didn't say it wasn't tested. It just isn't tested with the same plodding rigor that it would otherwise go through. There were all three phases of a standard set of tests. They were conducted with a bit more haste, and what REALLY was accelerated was regulatory approval to even begin the stage III trials. One thing that worked in their favor is the fact that there was a LARGE pool of candidates. If you have a vaccine against something very rare, finding enough people to conduct a study can be pretty difficult. In this case...they were EVERYWHERE!! You also have to have a large enough pool such that you can compare the rate of infection between the control and treatment group. A pandemic is ideal for that, because it's pretty doggone likely that both groups will be exposed. In some trials, they have to deliberately expose people because the natural incidence is pretty low. It's harder to find participants for those kinds of trials, and they tend to be skewed. Not so much here. So, you got good data faster than normal, but the regulatory process really sped things up.

I do expect to see this result in faster test throughput for cancer trials.

We can't 'cure' any virus. They aren't alive like bacteria, so we can't attack them the way we attack bacteria. At best, we train the body to recognize them and kill them off before they do much of anything. Most likely, COVID will be with us forever, just as the common cold (which is mostly also caused by a corona virus) is. Some people think the common cold is the remnant of the Russian flu from the 1800s. That was deadly in its day, and of course, we don't know quite what it was, medicine being what it was back then, but it could have been the common cold. Viruses don't want you to die. They need you alive to replicate themselves, so a virus that is particularly deadly will tend to become milder over time. That might happen with COVID. Right now, new variants are just more contagious, but they might end up being less aggressive, provoking a milder response, and one that our immune systems then forget.

EDIT: By the way, I sucked down an entire, large, pizza in the middle of writing this, otherwise it would have posted quite a bit earlier. I just got back from a bike ride of either 60 or 64 miles, and was feeling a mite peckish.
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; May 15th, 2021 at 04:38 PM.

dilettante show the unemployment coming from this.
    As in Greece also, the no1 killer is poverty not covid, think about what they did to us.

Also I guess everyone wearing a mask and want to be an obligated member of society is changing mask after 2 hours of wearing it and never use the same one again.
    This is what you are all doing, right?
    I think you might have misunderstood what dilettante was saying. In the US, the issue isn't unemployment, it's an inability to find people willing to take jobs for a variety of reasons. This is the constant refrain that we are hearing in the US today: We can't find enough workers!!

King of sapila

I skip reading this, sorry. It's boring me. Not you of course but the whole conversation.
    I thought US had unemployment issues if not then my mistake. I'll take 3/4 of Europe as an example.
    60 miles ride?! Wow, I'm an athlete but just reading that exhausted me. I hope for the love of what is holy you did not wear a mask on.
    I'll just quietly go watch God Father 3 now, it's only 3 hours long, one and a half mask change

The problem with biking, as I found out, is that sweat evaporates REALLY easily. Sure, it helps that this is a desert, and super dry, but the breeze helps, and there was a bit of a headwind (why is it in my face both out AND back???). At one point on the return route (it's a loop around a lake), I go up a hill. The wind was probably right at my back, and was getting lighter and lighter (I think it is nearly flat calm, now), so I felt no wind. The temperature was also getting kind of warm, and I was climbing. Naturally, I started sweating. Of course, I HAD been sweating, but it was drying so fast that I didn't really notice it. Near the top of that little hill I sure noticed it. The sweat drying on my brow had resulted in me being mighty salty, so when the sweat started to actually run, it was SUPER salty, and went right into my eyes. I was totally blinded by that hypersaline sweat. I had to stop and use my water to wash my eyes so I could see again. Some of the first rinse reached my lips....Ooooo was THAT salty. I've tasted the sea plenty of times, this was FAR saltier.

Anyways, I have realized that I need to do something a bit different. I was so thirsty and dehydrated by the time I got back that I had to get out of the shower to get a drink.

I have a month-long bike ride coming up pretty soon, covering some 800 miles one way, and I'm not sure what in the other direction (I'm getting a ride part way back with my sister, as I don't have time to do the full out and back). I think I'll be carrying some mix to get some electrolytes into my system.

Yeah, I didn't wear a mask. I, too, see no reason to wear a mask outside, and especially when you're as remote as I was. I will be carrying a mask, such that I can comply with whatever rules I encounter. I sure don't want to miss out on a single calorie because of a mask.

Also, the US has seen kind of a contrarian economic cycle. I think the average US person has done BETTER during the last year, than they were doing before. This state got all nervous and cut budgets back, only to find that revenues went UP, which causes our legislature to get...really weird. With money, they're always prudent to the point of excessive caution, which I appreciate, but in times like this they get strange. I can't explain what they did, I followed it and I still don't understand it. I think my taxes will drop, but which ones, and how much, I can't say.

Meanwhile, our unemployment climbed, then dropped, and could probably be back to full employment. Lots of governors think that the unemployment payments have been so generous that those who lost jobs are doing better than they were doing while employed, and thus they aren't looking for work. They may be right, so now that the jobs are back...they're better off not working.

PowerPoster

Yeah, when I went to pick up prescriptions the pharmacist said getting help is becoming pretty serious.

I suspect that for some people it is a question of a modest stimulus "unemployment" stipend for staying home vs. somewhat more pay but giving up the life of leisure they've gotten accustomed to.

It's getting interesting though. I heard some stay-at-homes collecting unemployment were recently discovered to be taking an income via YouTube, Patreon, Uber, etc. Not sure what list of civil crimes they can be charged with for this fraud.

PowerPoster

Seems like it will be a fairly short term employment problem. Some states have already dropped the extra unemployment, plus the extra unemployment will run out for everyone else soon.

I use to be a fairly large eater but I don't think I every ate a whole large pizza in one sitting. I'm jealous.

PowerPoster

I used to come close to wolfing a whole pizza when I could afford one at all. Of course in those days I had no car and biked everywhere. I had folding baskets in the rear so I could take two whole old fashioned paper grocery bags, with bungee cords to lash it all down. So I rarely had to use the bus except in winter.

PowerPoster

Come to think of it, I still have that 1975 Schwinn Traveler in the garage.

King of sapila

Yeah the pizza got me too but here is what I have to wait for:
    I'm not such a huge biker, I won't go on such long routes, not that I can't but , well, I don't wanna.
    What I usually do in the summer is swimming. I will start with 5-10 minutes all styles, fast, 2-3 times per day and then pick up the pace so near the end of the summer I can do 20-25 minutes medium pace 5 minutes fast and again.
    That burns A LOT of calories, I won't go for a full pizza tho, I can't eat the whole thing, but 5-6 pieces , maybe. Usually it's not pizza tho, it's Greek Souvlaki and beer. I haven't drunk a beer since last November (I don't like drinking at winter because I want the beer to be very cold so I can enjoy it) so I think for 3-4 months I will be watering my mouth.

I'm happy for you that you don't seem to have huge unemployment issues although you must wait for the whole thing to blow off and then see what will happen. In Greece we had 10-15% unemployment before covid, now with the most optimistic scenarios we will get at 20-25% and with pessimistic, over 30% . It's not that we didn't have that, at the early 2008-2013 of the memorandum we got at 60% youth unemployment and then many people started to migrate to other EU countries so naturally the unemployment went down because the working personnel was reduced. The issue here is that we have a double back unemployment, one with the memorandum, we started recovering, and Kapaaw! Back where we started. It the memorandum I saw a lot of people looking at garbage, then that went away and now, I see the same thing. It's sad.

Well, we DO have a fair amount of debt. Congress can't normally agree on much of anything, but the first stimulus was really big and really bipartisan. The second was not quite as big, but also pretty bipartisan. The third was not bipartisan, but back to being really big. Greece dodged the virus, but didn't dodge the economics. The US didn't dodge the virus but dodged the economics. It sounds like there should be a lesson to learn there....but I don't think there is. I think there was more chance to how things happened. Out economy is largely driven by people buying lots of stuff. If they feel good, they buy lots of stuff. For some reason, we went through the whole COVID thing, and felt kind of ridiculously optimistic.

King of sapila

First of, I don't want to scare anybody. If you are worried about the vaccine side-effects just don't read.

DR Luc Montagnier, Nobel price of medicine 2008 .

13.5.2021 or 5.13.2021 for you opposite people.

Interview in French,so some translation with help:

"Mr.na(y) is BS, freely translated.
    Mr.na(y) vaccines my have unexpected implications like cancer.
    Mutations come from vaccination, mutations created from the selection of antibodies that came from the vaccination.
    We don't know the long term result of vaccinated people.
    Mass vaccination is wrong an enormous mistake, scientifically unacceptable.
    Vaccine paper certificate is a scandal, disgrace.
    Vaccine produces the spike protein so then we had a large amount of produced antibodies which are far more dangerous and they favored the infection (aka vaccination favors the covid!)
    I (he) will not vaccinate my conscience tells me not to vaccinate.
    (asked about the doctors). Doctor is a doctor, not a sheep
    Mass vaccination brought 10.000 deaths in Europe that are attributed to vaccination with the official records.
    They are learning wizards, the use us as guinea pigs "

Before you contradict him....Nobel.

I'm both laughing and sad but let's hope he is wrong for the sake of you all vaxers. Zom...b..ie time?!

Next, our idiot Mayor of Athens. Just a sec...
    Last edited by sapator; May 17th, 2021 at 02:01 AM.

King of sapila

So our idiot Mayor of Athens vaccinated.
    Look closely!

https://ibb.co/16tS8rd

King of sapila

Also, is this accurate?
    VAERS?

31 years vaccination vs Covid vacs. Covid vaccinations in the last 5 months is the 30% death counts cases and implications vs the 31 years vaccinations?
    And that is only the 1% sample.
    If this is accurate, are you in your right minds vaccinate?! Again, if it is accurate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3asYuKzfd5Y

Apparently, Dr. Luc Montaigner has lost his mind:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/stevens...h=7fcb79b05c53

That's just one. The guys nuttier than a fruitcake, whatever he accomplished a few decades back.

King of sapila

Apparently. Also anyone else says those things has lost it.
    Ah, Forbes, was that the one they showed a status giving the finger to Greece.Or, it was, mmm, not sure.

VAERS have lost their minds also?

Edit, Not it was focus

https://cdn.prod.www.spiegel.de/imag...5_fpy36.24.jpg
    Last edited by sapator; May 16th, 2021 at 09:40 PM.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

First of, I don't want to scare anybody. If you are worried about the vaccine side-effects just don't read.
    Don't worry that you might scare us, you have to post something worth being scared about first.

Mr.na(y) vaccines my have unexpected implications like cancer.
    Mutations come from vaccination, mutations created from the selection of antibodies that came from the vaccination.
    We don't know the long term result of vaccinated people.
    Mass vaccination is wrong an enormous mistake, scientifically unacceptable.
    You really need to stop reading this rubbish Sapator, just the fact that this guys is trying to say Mutations come from vaccinations and then try and link to cancer should tell you he is clearly deranged !!!

I have no problem with people getting alternative news sources, but please at least let it be coherent

We now have nearly 40 million people vaccinated over here in the UK, including me.

How many years do you believe we need to wait until we all turn into zombies? as I will come back and remind you of this post when the time comes
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Apparently. Also anyone else says those things has lost it.
    As I said, it was one of many. If you Google that guys name and the word vaccination, the first page of results are about him losing his nut in general. The article doesn't dwell on COVID, but quotes some other, even less rational, views he is now pushing. The guys a loon. Considering the crazy things he's pushing in various areas, it would be irrational to put ANY weight on what he is saying about COVID. He got a Nobel prize for some stuff he did in the past. That's great. He's not the only one who then went down a FAR different path (looking at you, Watson), but he has certainly gone down the crazy path.

PowerPoster

Yeah, we're living in strange times. Times where claiming to have been abducted by aliens, probed, and harvested for DNA looks like a mundane boast about one's special identity rather than the cry for help it is.

Greece has also been milked dry and kicked around hard by "more equal" animals of the EU. The world at large has not been kind. The level of truculence is probably quite high in the general population.

PowerPoster

VAERS have lost their minds also?
    Not at all. But VAERS makes no determination as to WHY they died. Eventually everyone that gets the vaccine will die. The people that enter the data is not controlled and has not yet been verified. It only took me 5 minutes to find this out, I hadn't even heard of VAERS. But if you want to find information that validates your beliefs, no matter what they are, it's not hard either. If you don't want the vaccine that's fine, but if you want to justify not getting vaccinated or prove your theory, you haven't come close.

King of sapila

Alrighty then.

PowerPoster

Went out today into our new maskless world, made a quick stop at a convenience store. Everyone else was wearing masks, making me feel like an idiot for leaving mine on the car seat. Then took a drive to an ice cream stand shaped like a big ice cream cone with soft-serve swirl on top. Only the drive through is open (like last season) and again, even frmo my car window, I felt foolish being unmasked. Both of these are in rural locations, not Times Square.

Probably won't be repeating that.

For the nostalgia factor I chose to get one of my kids' favorite shakes (when they were little). It is a vanilla milk shake with chopped pineapple, black cherries, and shredded coconut blended in. They called it an "Ambrosia" after the eclectic holiday fruit salad, and you have to request a "large bore straw" because the result is a little chunky and chewy.

No, I didn't have a mask with a straw hole to use.

King of sapila

Although I'm against masking, for the fillings of the other people, I have one in my pocket and if I see and old man walking down the street with a mask on, I just put it on my face for a second when we cross paths.
    That cannot be done at summer as I'm not in the mood of suffocating.
    I would also advice not to feel foolish not wearing a mask outside, it does not help nothing unless you come really really close and then, maybe. That is not anti something, that is what most doctors I've heard in Greece say.
    So i feel for you but you are not spreading any disease, it's just psychological.

Page 58 of 137 FirstFirst ... 8485556575859606168108 ... LastLast