Page 57 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067107 ... LastLast
Results 2,241 to 2,280 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

King of sapila

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Greece, spar...OK,I don't want to explain again. As I've said side A and Side B.

I want to stigmatize the governments.
    Draghi Italy - corporate pawn
    Mitsotakis Greece- corporate pawn + No1 idiot of Europe.
    Baiden US - corporate pawn

I know fore sure that our "Genius" took his percentage of cash to promote German corporate vaccines but not sure about the others. Probably took the loot secretly? Because our is an idiot and he promotes German vaccines publicly.

Now.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pT6_CxodVs
    Go to 7:14 , 309 deaths in Israel that is only the 15,8 of the total side effects of the vaccine.
    They also say that Israel will impose bracelets to vaccinated people so they can be tracked!! I hope with all my power to try to do that in Greece. PLEASE!!
    Also if you want to go "by the book" look the video at 15:40 Greece vs India . So we are probably dying on the streets right now. Hmmm, I don't see nothing, hmmm, nop.

Anywho,since summer is coming and we are getting in that Greek island mood, I prefer to slip to the more humorous side of things from now on, unless something special comes by.
    So:
    Last edited by sapator; May 9th, 2021 at 12:45 PM.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

Covid vaccination side effects:

PowerPoster

If a person dies, what ultimately causes it? For that, you have to be able to define death, which is becoming increasingly difficult.
    It's simple really. There is only one cause of death, your heart stops beating. lol

King of sapila

I concur.
    Vaccinated zombies and vampires would be tracked that way.

PowerPoster

French President Macron has directly reprimanded the United States for saying that the so-called "vaccine patent exemption" is just an oral show. The United States says it wants to open up its patent rights, but in practice, it has left all the vaccines for its own use. So far, 100 percent of the vaccines in the United States have flowed into their own countries.

As of May 7, the COVID-19 vaccination rate in the UK (at least one shot) was 51.5 per cent, second only to Israel, 44.4 per cent in the United States, and 30.4 per cent in Germany and 24.6 per cent in France, compared with 30.4 per cent in Germany and 24.6 per cent in France.

Macron made it clear that discussing the intellectual property rights of vaccines is not a top priority. In order to make vaccines more widely used, countries should not stop raw materials and vaccine exports, and called on the United States to end not only the ban on vaccine exports, but also the export ban on raw materials for vaccine production.

PowerPoster

In China, we can pick it up for free, but many people don't want to go because we don't have viruses here.。 If the virus can still be infected. Fortunately, our vaccines are all inactivated vaccines.In theory, Vaccine injection, generally will not be infected.

After the first needle has been more than a month, said to wait for their telephone notification, they can play over it?I don't know when I can get a second shot.

In fact, vaccines should be free of charge. Pharmaceutical companies subsidized by the state.How much collusion and corruption they have within them, we don't care about him, anyway, the people don't have to spend money.

Vaccines are free here, too.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Slightly out of date, and you can argue these are one man's opinions, but this guy is pretty plugged in:

The Ins and Outs of Vaccine Diplomacy

The term you’re looking for is “vaccine diplomacy”.

It comes at a fortuitous time. The United States has backed away from the world. This isn’t a Clinton thing or a W Bush thing or an Obama thing or a Trump thing or a Biden thing, but instead a United States thing. The American people lost interest in playing a constructive role in the world three decades ago, and America’s political leadership has molded itself around that fact. Trump may have been instinctually and publicly hostile to all things international, but Biden is only different in tone. Biden’s Buy-American program is actually more anti-globalization than Trump’s America-First rhetoric as it is an express violation of most of America’s international trade commitments. TeamBiden says it wants to reestablish America’s global leadership…but it plans to do so without any troops or money. Sorry, but that’s not how it works.

Which makes the possibilities for vaccine diplomacy wildly interesting. The United States has no responsibility to provide COVID vaccines to the world. It can – it will – distribute them, but it will want something in return.

PowerPoster

But it's Biden, who mocked Trump for Operation Warp Speed which brought us the vaccines. So do we trust this clown?

PowerPoster

Dr. Strangelove, er, Fauci, caught red-handed again.

Funneling money to Wuhan lab biowarfare development.

King of sapila

Trust them guys, it's you trustworthy media. Don't use masks.
    Ah that's funny, that is quite funny.

PowerPoster

I'm waiting for a rash of public beatdowns of exposed vax-cheaters.

King of sapila

No, now the unmasked vaccinated will spread the disease to non vaccinated so the vaccinated will be locked down, and maybe shot down, ZOMBIE TIMEEEEE!!!! I'm coming for you!! Yeeeeehaaaaaa!!!
    All of this get to show that nobody have a clue what is going on over here, but the golden rule is to do the opposite your media tell you. Orrr, now they tell you to lift the mask so you must obey.Obeeeyyy! Media Media, what you gonna do, what you gonna do when they lie to you.. Hahaha.

King of sapila

PowerPoster

It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Many US States have not yet seen many of the newer and more infectious strains. Some of us who have though still have far too many new cases each day. With 45% or more still not fully vaccinated there are a lot of new victims walking around.

That isn't as big a problem if people try to follow the rules. But you know relaxing masking requirements for the vaccinated will just encourage more of the selfishly imprudent to stop masking too.

As vaccination rates level off all over and the newer strains start spreading faster (just a matter of weeks) or worse yet the even newer strains from India get here in force... there might be a lot of regret that Biden came out with this as part of his 2022 midterm election campaigning to put a few more CIA alums into office.

I doubt most countries have that sort of motivation, so I'd expect most of them to be far more cautious than this.

King of sapila

32 Celsius coming on Tuesday, lockdown for transportation will be over in 3 days. Let's go! Summer time!!!!
    As it seems, they cannot impose vaccination for the summer and they will probably go on elections before October so, they can impose THIS! Impose THIS! Impose THIS! (there is a 2 hands and crotch gesture implied here not sure outlanders will know it but, you get the point )
    I have an indwelling need to sneeze on someone's face!

Sorry summer fever is starting to gain on me

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It'll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

Many US States have not yet seen many of the newer and more infectious strains. Some of us who have though still have far too many new cases each day. With 45% or more still not fully vaccinated there are a lot of new victims walking around.

That isn't as big a problem if people try to follow the rules. But you know relaxing masking requirements for the vaccinated will just encourage more of the selfishly imprudent to stop masking too.

As vaccination rates level off all over and the newer strains start spreading faster (just a matter of weeks) or worse yet the even newer strains from India get here in force... there might be a lot of regret that Biden came out with this as part of his 2022 midterm election campaigning to put a few more CIA alums into office.

I doubt most countries have that sort of motivation, so I'd expect most of them to be far more cautious than this.
    Well, that's the most partisan way to look at it.

So, the new guidance is that those who are fully vaccinated don't need to wear masks. Would you prefer that they suppress that? Wouldn't that just give those video pundits you have linked to yet another thing to bang on about? Wouldn't that be EXACTLY the kind of disinformation that they are already looking for in every statement?

PowerPoster

Well considering that "what they know" i.e. "the new guidance" is nothing new, most of those studies having been concluded, analyzed, but not covered in mainstream media months ago... we've already had suppression. The timing of the current flip in policy is hardly coincidence. Emailed political fund raising spam just increased and the junk solicitation and polling phone calls have too.

But ok, assume there is no political motivation here.

Perhaps the vaccine "hesitant" and non-masking folks can just prolong the pandemic until they "decrease the excess population" hmm? A sort of Dickensian Great Reset.

King of sapila

Media busted our..chops, today with non masking to vaccinated experiments in US .
    So are you wearing mask now or not? Is the flue pandemic over so we can relax and go on vacation?What does your media dictate you?

PowerPoster

It sure has the smell of a political move. Which has been a major disappointment I have with the CDC, through this whole pandemic. The daily deaths is still @ 600 - 700 a day. Why not wait another month till everyone that wants to be vaccinated has the opportunity. My guess is they think this will motivate the vaccine hesitant to get vaccinated. Might get a few but most true non believers will just take their mask off also.

I don't have a problem with people choosing not to get vaccinated, as long as they wear a mask until everyone that wants it or needs it has been vaccinated.

Really?? You say that these studies were analyzed months ago? Months ago, the percentage vaccinated was trivial. If you say "months" means two, then that would be mid-March, a time when most states weren't rolling out vaccines to any other than certain worker sectors and those above some age cutoff that was 60s or 70s. By then, what group would have made up those studies? The only group that COULD have made up those studies would have been the phase III trial participants. Alternatively, the data could have come from Israel, as they had more information on vaccinated individuals, but even that wasn't all that clear. So, what are these studies? I spend a few hours each evening reading various studies and the like, and those have been dominated by COVID stuff for...well for darn near a year, it's getting tedious. I never saw those studies, though. I'd be interested in seeing them.

However, I DO think there might be a certain 'politics' to that notice, but not the one you seem to be believing. It seems to me that this might be an attempt (which I think will backfire) to prod the vaccine hesitant to get off the fence in the right direction. I'd guess that they are hoping that saying, "get vaccinated and you don't need a mask" might prompt some who are dithering to take action. More likely, I think it will mean that mask wearing will nearly cease, even in states like this one where the vaccination rate may never top 50%. I'd say it is already happening. The big box stores near me all state mask requirements on the entrance, and I would put compliance at over 90% through the winter. I would now put compliance down around 66%. That might reflect the 40% of people with full vaccination....but I really doubt it.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Media busted our..chops, today with non masking to vaccinated experiments in US .
    So are you wearing mask now or not? Is the flue pandemic over so we can relax and go on vacation?What does your media dictate you?
    Just because the CDC says something doesn't mean that is the rule. They just provide guidelines or suggestions. Each states has their own set of rules. Don't know what flu pandemic your talking about, we're still in the middle of a COVID - 19 pandemic that has killed almost 600,000 people here.

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    I don't have a problem with people choosing not to get vaccinated, as long as they wear a mask until everyone that wants it or needs it has been vaccinated.
    Pfffft! Yeah, that assumes people are actually going to be responsible about it... that ain't happening. If they haven't been wearing a mask all this time (or if they have, they've been bitching about it), then they're not going to wear one until they get vaxxed, if they even get vaxxed. And they're certainly not going to wait for others to get vaxxed because "MaH LiBeRTiEs!"

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

King of sapila

Yeah, just let's skip the usual.
    Are you wearing masks or not now? If your president tells you not to use masks, do the states have the right to argue? I want to compare vs our media story.
    Thanks.

PowerPoster

Yeah, just let's skip the usual.
    Are you wearing masks or not now? If your president tells you not to use masks, do the states have the right to argue? I want to compare vs our media story.
    Thanks.
    Yeah, lets skip it. Trying to make jokes and minimalize the deaths of so many people isn't enjoyable to watch.

Yes I'm wearing a mask. The president didn't say NOT to wear a mask. The president doesn't make laws. As I said in the previous post, each state has it's own rules.

King of sapila

Aha.
    That's what our media is trying to sell. That since the president obliged the people not to use masks and vax, that is a law and they must all do that.
    Here is an info for you. Our home breed government pigs said that 30-39 vaccination is on 30% but the real numbers turned out with cross reference of the hospitals and ever government papers had to write is 6,9% .
    Let the lying pigs lie.

Honestly, I don't know what the guildelines are any more around here... I do know that they aren't required per se... but that establishments can require them, but then there's nothing in place for enforcement. So they're not really required any more. Even now, schools are making them optional, with a waiver form parents can fill out. So.... yeah. Meanwhile we're also seeing a rapidly declining vax rate as well... so... who knows...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Aha.
    That's what our media is trying to sell. That since the president obliged the people not to use masks and vax, that is a law and they must all do that.
    You're going to have to explain that one. Are you saying that the US president obliged, or the Greek president? In the US, the president didn't say anything that I'm aware of, and seems to still wear a mask most of the time. He has no say over what states do, though.

In this state, the governor was pretty moderate, but that was too much for the legislature, which tried to force through a bill stripping the governor of any emergency powers for most things. Basically, the full legislature would have to authorize emergency measures in most cases, which is a pretty absurd situation. They did make a few exceptions from the sound of it, but it didn't matter, because the governor had to sign it and he did not, naturally. The legislature attempted to overturn the veto and failed. Still, that was the response: Don't respond, even moderately, or else...

It won't matter, though. Nothing they do has any impact on their careers, as long as it isn't explicitly illegal...and involves sex. Financial crimes are overlooked, apparently.

I have no idea what the rules are in Idaho, currently, either. Some establishments say they require masks, but they clearly don't. The local and state governments seem to be trying to put into law the principle that the ONLY response allowed to any similar situation is to ignore it completely. They seem to want to make sure that, if any deadly disease outbreak happens in the future, the government must do nothing.

PowerPoster

Darn it, I'm back in for some quick snark and then I'm out again.

Masks vs. no masks, get the vaccine vs. don't. Herd immunity. I imagine that fully non-partisan people who understand infectious diseases can't watch anything these days without wanting to punch the people who are spewing nonsense. Have you noticed that people that have had Covid and recovered from it (who then have "natural immunity" for at least a period of time) aren't being figured in to any calculations of "herd immunity"? Any idea why that is? Because science doesn't matter unless it is convenient for it to matter nowadays.

As a US citizen, if it is my responsibility to help keep you, also as a US citizen, safe, then the speed limits everywhere in the United States should be no more than 12 miles per hour. Because at or below that speed essentially 100% of traffic accidents are non-fatal for all involved, including pedestrians. Anything above that, fatal accidents can occur. Sound reasonable? Ironically, it is illegal to drive that slow in certain circumstances.

I like to think that there are only a very limited amount of things that I am either legally or morally obligated to do to help ensure the safety of others. People can protect themselves by getting a Covid vaccine every 6 months (you know that's coming, right? You haven't heard a lot about it because the public just isn't ready for that bad news yet, though...) and wearing masks in public for the rest of their lives. But that doesn't mean everyone else should be legally obligated to do so as well.

I wasn't a fan of government imposed mask mandates from the beginning. I'm sure if people were fined or arrested for not following these guidelines, those would eventually be thrown out in court if challenged. That being said, I understand the logic behind them in the sense that it was probably the only way to get people to wear a mask. And that is a reflection on our society.

So, to bottom line it.

Should everyone have worn a mask in public buildings for the past year+? Yes.
    Should everyone wash their hands after going to the bathroom? Yes.
    Should everyone shower regularly? Yes.
    Should everyone brush their teeth daily? Yes.

To me, those are all in a very similar category, but I would imagine most of you would only scoff if the last three became a legal obligation.

I'm out again, hopefully for weeks if not months.

Edit: Didn't even make it 6 hours. Can I be banned from posting in a thread I created myself? Damn...
    Last edited by OptionBase1; May 14th, 2021 at 09:18 PM.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    You're going to have to explain that one. Are you saying that the US president obliged, or the Greek president? In the US, the president didn't say anything that I'm aware of, and seems to still wear a mask most of the time. He has no say over what states do, though.
    No I don't know what your president did, that is why I am asking. I'm just saying that those sneaky rats of the media tried to pass this by saying: "US president said that vaccinated people must not use masks" and non vaccinated should fk off, that goes along with the whole propaganda about vaccines ipression.

And to answer this:

Should everyone have worn a mask in public buildings for the past year+? No. Unless they did the same with common flu.
    Should everyone listen to hard rock? No.
    Should everyone eat pastitsio? No.
    Should everyone watch what I'm about to watch now, aka Godfather part 2? No.

Of course I am doing the first 3 not because they tell me to and for your entertainment(aka 300Euros fine) I am forced to the first but people should do whatever they want to do.
    Hopefully I can sneeze on someone's face at the beach, will see... Wear gloves and mask at the beach, stay safe, vaccinate your turtles

PowerPoster

The current media circus in D.C. to portray fully vaccinated status as a "Get Out Of Masks Free" card is probably about a number of things. Implementation of GOOMF will vary a lot though. Our GOOMF rules leave plenty of room for confusion, if only because they could fill a book. Ending with:

This order takes effect on Saturday, May 15, 2021, at 9:00 AM. At that time, the order entitled "Gatherings and Face Mask Order" issued on May 4, 2021, is rescinded. This order remains in effect through May 31, 2021, at 11:59 PM.
    May 15, 2021 Gatherings and Face Mask Order

In the end there is so much legal weaseling that one might easily be found non-compliant.

King of sapila

I'm curious on how would you feel if vaccinated people have more freedom than non vaccinated. For example going to movies or not have to work from home etc.
    Would that be fine by you?
    For me, even if I was a zombie I would still protest for people not wanting to be one.

PowerPoster

I'm curious on how would you feel if vaccinated people have more freedom than non vaccinated. For example going to movies or not have to work from home etc.
    Would that be fine by you?
    Well, we aren't even there yet. Even our new GOOMF rules still restrict movie theaters to 25 people indoors or 300 outdoors, disallow mingling with others outside your group, and require 6 feet/2 meters distancing. And they can still requires masks for all.

What I think is that anyone eligible to be vaccinated who hasn't been without a specific medical reason is a scared child fearing monsters under the bed or a selfish contrarian who doesn't care about himself much less anyone around him.

Maybe the answer is to just let them infect each other and deal with the fallout. There is only so much you can do and have a free society, and "you can't fix stupid."

King of sapila

OK.
    So I'm talking about the essence of depriving people rights for an idea that everyone that is not vaccinated is a potential risk to vaccinated people too.
    So vaccinated people can walk the earth freely and non vaccinate, even if (by their saying) they cannot infect vaccinated people anymore left out.

PowerPoster

Getting Covid gives you the same immunity as getting the vaccine, right? Why should millions of people who already have Covid antibodies risk the potential side effects, however small the chances of those side effects are? I'm not a fan of playing even low risk Russian roulette just to appease others.

Dill, if you think I'm being a selfish contrarian, you have no idea how much of a sincere compliment that is.

And if that's stupid then damn, I'm tremendously glad it can't be fixed.

And the argument about vaccinated people needing to avoid unvaccinated people never made sense to me in the first place. If the vaccine doesn't prevent you from getting Covid, then why does it matter if you are around vaccinated or unvaccinated people? If a vaccinated person can get Covid, they can certainly give it to someone else who is vaccinated. Have you read about the outbreak on the Yankees? I think it is up to 9 people positive, all fully vaccinated. I guess some unvaccinated "Typhoid Mariano" must be responsible...

I guess society constantly needs a pariah du jour. I say, bring it on.
    Last edited by OptionBase1; May 14th, 2021 at 09:19 PM.

King of sapila

Yes,
    I don't argue on something I'm just curious about the different views here.

PowerPoster

I thought I was the pariah around here.

King of sapila

The whole situation is complicated, I have my views, maybe sometimes I express them forcibly but that does not mean I won't listen to other peoples opinions.

There is at least one variant (the Brazilian P.1) that has shown the ability to re-infect people who have already had the disease. There is also some amount of....well, I forget the term, but it's people who get the disease even with the vaccine. In Israel, they showed that of the people with one dose, the variants that people got were largely split between two (I think it was London and South Africa), but once you had two doses, the VAST majority of people who still got COVID got just one variant...and I forget which one it was, but it was one of the two from the pair that predominated for those with one dose.

So, a vaccine doesn't mean you can't get the disease, it just makes it FAR less likely that you will. I don't know whether those who had the disease have the same immunity. There's sound reason to believe that they do not. At least the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines will create antibodies against the spike protein, since that's what the mRNA creates. For people who had the virus, they ended up with antibodies, but what are those antibodies for? The spike protein is the most notable piece of the virus, but is it the only one? A portion of the long haulers appear to have something like autoimmune disease. Could their immune systems have gone after the 'wrong' part of the virus? I don't believe that is known. I'm not sure if that's even a possibility.

As a coder, though, I REALLY like the mRNA vaccines. That's straight up coding there. Those vaccines were being developed to go after a variety of cancers, which even sapator would probably agree are a bit more deadly than the flu. The difficulty is the delivery mechanism, and making the mRNA stable enough to generate proteins. The COVID vaccines show that both of those problems have been solved, so now the same technique can be used to create vaccines against any unique protein target. Certain cancers expose unique proteins, hence the idea of vaccinating against them. It's a pretty interesting thing.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    As a coder, though, I REALLY like the mRNA vaccines. That's straight up coding there. Those vaccines were being developed to go after a variety of cancers, which even sapator would probably agree are a bit more deadly than the flu. The difficulty is the delivery mechanism, and making the mRNA stable enough to generate proteins. The COVID vaccines show that both of those problems have been solved, so now the same technique can be used to create vaccines against any unique protein target. Certain cancers expose unique proteins, hence the idea of vaccinating against them. It's a pretty interesting thing.
    LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. Are you kidding me? Performing in-place human kernel patches...what could possibly go wrong? Besides everything?

As a coder it should scare the hell out of you.

Page 57 of 137 FirstFirst ... 7475455565758596067107 ... LastLast