Page 74 of 137 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124 ... LastLast
Results 2,921 to 2,960 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

The problem with the breakthrough cases is an assumption that you have equal risk of being a breakthrough case. If that's not true, then the rest of those stats are meaningless. There are people who are severely compromised in one way or another, and we really don't understand that all that well. We know a bunch of factors that increase risk, but we don't generally have a good idea of WHY they increase risk. Sometimes it's patently obvious (if you're immuno compromised...yeah, viruses are going to cause you trouble...and a few things like that), but often it isn't.

If breakthrough cases are randomly distributed among the population of vaccinated people, then you could have a statistical point. If they are not, then you're making a statistical mistake. If breakthrough cases are strongly skewed towards immunocompromised diabetics, then the fact that they have a similar death rate to the unvaccinated makes the vaccines VERY effective indeed. You'd be looking at a fraction of a fraction. The inner fraction might equal the general population, but since it's a fraction of a fraction, the overall rate is miniscule.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Yeah, a friend of mine's sister was vaccinated but caught COVID and just about died. But she was @ 76yrs, frail and was also fighting some type of Leukemia.

I just read this article, "Anti-vax nurse injects 8,600 with saline instead of COVID vaccine"

https://www.foxnews.com/health/germa...vid-19-vaccine

Strange thing was, it didn't even shock me, didn't even surprise me.

PowerPoster

In other countries, it is normal for the bushfires to continue to burn for several months. This is totally unacceptable in China, and many officials will be fired and put in jail. So basically it can be controlled within a few days to one or two weeks.
    Isn't that the case in theory? If there are too many criminals in a city, it can only increase the number of police by 1, 2, or 10 times. It can not be said that the state has regulations that only 20 people can do nothing. It will take a few years before the report is issued to approve the addition of 5 new places.
    (This is the case in the United States. When the epidemic is coming, government officials have studied whether or not to wear masks. Government officials have studied for a year. The number of people infected in the country is about 50%. All hospital beds are filled with patients who are dying. This is the short-term policy of wearing masks.

Therefore, as soon as the new crown epidemic comes, China will immediately build 100,000 wards, and if necessary, 1 million isolation wards can be completed in a short time. (Except for China, no country can do it) (All staff are isolated, and no other country can do it)
    China uses its army to fight against major disasters such as floods and plagues.

Think about the explosion of a nuclear power plant in the Soviet Union. After the accident, it was concealed for many days. It was a crime.

PowerPoster

Is freedom alright? The state requires masks to be worn, but officials and managers of various states and counties have the right to decide not to wear masks or issue orders to prohibit wearing masks. Individuals can also gather tens of thousands of people in a demonstration to oppose vaccinations and wear masks.

If you are a Fortune 500 company, everyone has free working hours. You can go to work at 8 o'clock in the morning or 12 noon. Deliberately not going to work for 2 days, and working overtime in a few days to make up.
    Such freedom is good for individuals, is it a disaster for the country’s enterprises?

PowerPoster

The quality of some vaccines is really poor, and it may really kill people or infect more people with the new coronavirus. The state and pharmaceutical companies make high profits from it.
    In this case, refusal to vaccinate or wait for half a year and then to vaccinate, it is better to wait for the technology to mature before vaccinating. Don't be a guinea pig, a guinea pig.
    If the state forces everyone to be vaccinated, it will become the same as colluding with pharmaceutical companies to sell fake drugs.

The result of the monopoly is that other countries have stronger drug efficacy, safer, and cheaper vaccines that cannot enter the national procurement list. Illegal pharmaceutical companies have a good relationship with the government and have obtained more orders. All citizens of Baixing, just like commodities, were paid more for medicines, causing more undue deaths and injuries.

VaccinationMachination
    6 hours ago

Replying to freeman0323
    I just resigned from my nursing job because they are forcing all staff to get the vaccine. I’m not the only one leaving because of it. We are not morally obligated to receive any vaccine. I actually am vaccinated, but it made me so sick that I almost died.

5 hours ago

Replying to DisabledNavyVet
    Two months after my second vaccine shot, I had a blood test that shows I have a ton of antibodies. If anyone has a doubt about what they got, there is a blood test available. My spouse actually had Covid... and had only ONE symptom, loss of taste. Got over it... and has more antibodies than I do

PowerPoster

China's Xiaomi phones sold for 1999 yuan 10 years ago, while Apple phones sold for more than 8,000 yuan. It's 10th anniversary, Xiaomi is engaged in activities, and the first batch of users who buy mobile phones can get free. It is to give you 1999 yuan (300 US dollars) to buy a new mobile phone. For this reason, Xiaomi will incur a loss of 400 million yuan, which is a boon for the first batch of users.

But in the first generation of mobile phones, the system cannot be shut down with the power button, and can only be restarted by removing the battery. The heat is serious and there are too many problems. Many vaccines and medicines are like this, false propaganda, and the effect is very poor. People who were vaccinated became guinea pigs.

PowerPoster

The new crown epidemic is under control, cement highways and high-speed broadband are connected across the country. High-speed railways are spread throughout the country. Many things must be super-controlled and strategically placed by the state.
    In this regard, India is still using the old railway built by the British 80 years ago.

Water from southern China is transferred to the north, with a scale of 44.8 billion cubic meters
    Pakistan’s West-East Water Diversion Project, with an annual water transfer volume of 14.8 billion cubic meters
    California North-South Water Diversion. Annual water transfer volume of 5.2 billion cubic meters

Southern California has a dry climate, but sweet grapes are planted in the desert area. The agriculture is developed and the economy is prosperous, thanks to the California water transfer project completed 40 years ago.
    The water transfer plan was passed with a marginal advantage of 51% to 49%; according to the official website of the California Water Transfer Project, only one county in the northern region where the water was transferred has more than half of the voters in favor. The source of funds is raised through the issuance of bonds, and the state government does not need to pay a cent.

Thanks to these long-distance water transfer projects, California’s dry valleys have developed irrigated areas of more than 20 million acres of fertile land, benefiting 23 million people, and California has developed into a state with the largest population, the largest irrigated area, and the highest food production in the United States. , The state's economic strength ranks first in the United States

Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 11th, 2021 at 10:55 PM.

Frenzied Member

@xiaoyao,
    Are you really a robot account? Are you really using a robot to post automatically?

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    https://www.health.state.mn.us/disea...stats/vbt.html

5599 cases
    514 hospitalizations (9.18%)
    57 deaths (1.02%)

But, keep screaming lies!
    Ah you mistake me, I dont think your lying I just think your misrepresenting. I will split this in to two so can seperate my answers so firstly I will address what you said here

We've been told (by various officials, including Joe Biden):

Vaccinated people can't catch Covid (clearly false).
    Vaccinated people can catch Covid but they can't spread Covid (clearly false).
    Vaccinated people can catch Covid but they will have a mild case and won't need to be hospitalized (clearly false).
    Vaccinated people can catch Covid but they will have a mild case and won't die from it (clearly false).
    This is just clear misrepresentation nobody claimed that the Vaccine was 100% effective and that was before the Delta variant.

Your absolute statements leave no space for context and put out words that I am absolutely sure no doctors said, and likely most Politicians didn't either.

The Delta Variant has changed the picture though and certainly some claims made before it took hold are now wrong, that doesn't mean they weren't said in good faith at the time.

The Covid Vaccines right now help protect against the Delta Variant, just less well.

Covid Infection are around 3 times lower in double vaccinated people, so your 3 times less likely to get Covid if Vaccinated than not.

In April Public Health England reported the result of a large study involving over 365,000 households which found that transmission is between 40 - 60% less likely for the double vaccinated. So yes you can transmit the virus if your vaccinated but your significantly less likely to.

Finally the statements about vaccinated people not being hospitalised or not dying again you misrepresent here, of course you can get very ill or die with when double vaccinated, however the likelihood is significantly lower to the point were something like 90%+ of all deaths are amongst the Unvaccinated.

Considering that most people who are at high risk have been double vaccinated by now that should really tell you something.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Secondly the statistics you show dont say what you think they do, well at least if you think that they somehow prove that the vaccine is ineffective in stopping severe infection and deaths.

Proper context and comparison is needed and you are not doing that. Also you seem to be ignoring all the other reports from hospitals around the US which say that nearly all deaths are amongst the unvaccinated, as if they dont matter and only this tiny bit of data your looking and your interpretation of it does.

I am sure you probably think the opposite and that I am the one lacking context, and looking at the data incorrectly, however I would just say this.

You either believe the vast majority of Scientist and Doctors around the world and the testing, data and analysis they release and understand that is a changing picture which will get updated and changed as more data comes in, or you dont and you believe that you know better and can interpret data better than they can.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

I am not a robot. Just used the web page online translation. Some meanings may be translated incorrectly.
    I am mainly expressing a point of view.
    Sometimes it is necessary to isolate the entire country, the sooner the effect, the better.
    Sometimes wearing a mask is also necessary.
    Sometimes the vaccination also requires the use of state power to enforce it.
    But unsafe vaccines may cause accidental deaths of some people.

"We don't need to do anything" first put forward by the United Kingdom. We wait for the virus to eliminate itself or coexist with us. It was this kind of thinking that led to the deaths of so many people. Collective immunity has become like Bitcoin, a virtual underworld-like bank, and hundreds of different virtual currencies are devouring the normal financial system.
    China has completely banned Bitcoin. What will happen to the United States and the United Kingdom?

PowerPoster

We must believe that mankind can change society, and it is also possible for mankind to eliminate the virus. Whenever a crisis comes, it will be solved in the earliest time and win victory with the least cost.

Don't let the nuclear power plant explode and think about how to prevent it. We live with nuclear-contaminated water and air, and our lives are reduced by 50%. It really cannot be done.

PowerPoster

Yesterday, the number of newly diagnosed people in the United States was 120,000, India increased by 60,000, and China increased by 51. In the face of the numbers, it completely proves that China's initial blockade of cities is correct.
    This is because China’s economic conditions are not good. If everyone has money, if they have all bought insurance, if there are enough hospital beds and enough medicines. If the infection is 100%, the death toll will not be many, because in the later stage, the disease can be cured, but the medical expenses are more expensive. Some patients in the United States spent 3 million US dollars to achieve basic treatment success.

When the virus came, you couldn't buy N95 masks for $30
    The biggest danger now is that the virus is like the Second World War, infecting all human beings in the world. Eventually it will lead to 100 kinds of virus, 1000 kinds of mutations. In a few years, there may be a variant with an infection rate, a mortality rate of 10 times, and a 100 times higher. Zombie city, the whole city is dead, everything will happen.

PowerPoster

Since July 7th, the number of new coronavirus infections in the United States has become more and more serious. The day before yesterday, it increased by about 240,000 in a single day, and it became the most serious country in the world. Of course, because Americans generally have better economic conditions, they have enough money for treatment. Unlike India, if so many people were infected, the whole country would burn the bodies. From the satellite, it would look like a fire broke out all over the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The problem with the breakthrough cases is an assumption that you have equal risk of being a breakthrough case. If that's not true, then the rest of those stats are meaningless. There are people who are severely compromised in one way or another, and we really don't understand that all that well. We know a bunch of factors that increase risk, but we don't generally have a good idea of WHY they increase risk. Sometimes it's patently obvious (if you're immuno compromised...yeah, viruses are going to cause you trouble...and a few things like that), but often it isn't.

If breakthrough cases are randomly distributed among the population of vaccinated people, then you could have a statistical point. If they are not, then you're making a statistical mistake. If breakthrough cases are strongly skewed towards immunocompromised diabetics, then the fact that they have a similar death rate to the unvaccinated makes the vaccines VERY effective indeed. You'd be looking at a fraction of a fraction. The inner fraction might equal the general population, but since it's a fraction of a fraction, the overall rate is miniscule.
    I was reading an article yesterday regarding the need for booster shots that talked about a couple of studies that looked at the breakthrough cases - one found that 44% of the cases were immunopcompromised, the other had a figure of 40% immunocpmpromised/immunosuppressed... which is something that needs to be taken into consideration with these numbers as well... It's also disconcerting since that means the other 60% AREN'T immunocompromised in some way... O.O

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

The proportion of American gold medals in the Wuhan Military Games, where is the confidence of herd immunity in many European countries?
    https://baijiahao.baidu.com/s?id=166...=spider&for=pc
    China ranked first and won 138 gold medals.
    Russia is the second child,
    I’m afraid you won’t believe it. The U.S. ranks 38th.
    The military elite of more than 300 people didn't even win a gold medal.
    As soon as the military games ended,
    These Americans started a crazy shopping spree all over Wuhan.
    According to media reports, the US military delegation is not far from the seafood market where the virus outbreak occurred.

China: 553 people participated and won 239 medals, including 133 gold medals.
    Russia: 257 people participated and won 161 medals, including 51 gold medals.
    United States: 182 people participated and won 6 medals, including 0 gold medals.
    South Korea: 175 people participated and won 24 medals, including 3 gold medals

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Well I've had a proper scare over the last week. My doubly vaxxed elderly Mum and Dad came down with it and my anti-vaxxer who's in her early 50s got it. They all seem to be out the other side now but it's been a tense time.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

There are several kinds of vaccines that have great side effects, causing blood clots, and instead allow normal people to be infected with the coronavirus due to vaccination.
    Therefore, the higher the vaccination rate, the higher the mortality rate, and the infection rate of the new variants has increased several times, and eventually 50-90% of Americans will be infected with the coronavirus. Perhaps in the future, almost 100% of people will be infected with the virus, and only a very small number of people with strong antibodies will not be infected.

China uses inactivated vaccines, which means that they have only antibody components and will not be infected with the virus due to injection. The biggest disadvantage is that the efficiency may be less than 80%.
    But for vaccines with weak viruses, if 10% of people are infected with the virus and spread 10 times, then requiring everyone to be vaccinated will cause 100% of people to be infected with the virus.

PowerPoster

The world's first inactivated COVID-19 vaccine, why can China's central enterprises?
      Why domestic new crown vaccines, especially inactivated vaccines using traditional technology routes, can enter the world's first echelon this time and continue to lead? Why don't the West make inactivated vaccines, but instead flock to mRNA vaccines and adenovirus vector vaccines? Faced with the continuous emergence of mutant strains around the world, why can inactivated vaccines still effectively respond?

Safety comes first, and the safety of the people has always been the top priority. Just like the national isolation, you can not make money for a few months. If your life is saved, you can earn more money.

The first is a breakthrough in the screening of vaccine production strains, and the second is a breakthrough in inactivation. The key to the inactivation process is inactivation. It is easy to kill the virus, but it is difficult to kill it just right, but it can also stimulate immunity.

"It won't work if it has been inactivated or not enough," Yang Xiaoming said. "If it has been inactivated, the structure of the virus will be destroyed or crushed, that is, if the antigen activity of the virus is destroyed, it will not work. The virus has'on it.' Coronal protrusion. If the nail-like protrusion falls off by more than 50%, it is basically invalid."
    The third breakthrough is purification technology. It's like a high-purity drug. Why did Apple's mobile phones sell for 1,200 US dollars earlier, while Xiaomi's mobile phones only sold for 300 US dollars? The main reason is the in-depth development of the Apple mobile phone system, which is perfect and smooth, and the power saving speed is fast.

The WHO's assessment shows that the Sinopharm vaccine is easy to store and distribute, which is a great benefit to the vast number of developing countries.
    China's vaccine storage conditions are 2-8 degrees Celsius, and the existing vaccine cold chain system and even household refrigerators can meet the requirements. In contrast, the US Modena vaccine storage temperature is minus 20 degrees Celsius, and Pfizer vaccines need to be stored at minus 70 degrees Celsius.
    As a result, many invalid vaccines are sold to other countries due to excessive temperature, or the gift vaccines received are expired or invalid defective products.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:17 AM.

PowerPoster

At least we may already be burning through Delta here. The 7-day average rate of new infections is down. Of course it might be a fluke in the numbers, or a phantom of infrequent reporting just as the recent rise was.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    In other countries, it is normal for the bushfires to continue to burn for several months. This is totally unacceptable in China, and many officials will be fired and put in jail. So basically it can be controlled within a few days to one or two weeks.
    We were once that arrogant, too. Of course, it may be that China doesn't have a fire ecology, though I would expect that it might exist in the arid west.

PowerPoster

Backwater Jack’s Bar, became a "Internet Red Bar" on social networking sites in June last year. This is because after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued the epidemic prevention guidelines, the bar is still "against the wind". The dance floor and swimming pool are full of guests who do not wear masks and do not maintain social distancing.
    A year later, after more than 610,000 people died in the United States due to the new crown epidemic, Creech found that masks were still rejected, social distancing was still rejected here, and more importantly, vaccines were also rejected here.

This bar waiter does not wear masks and serves hundreds of customers who do not wear masks at close range every day. She is proud that she has never contracted a disease. At the same time, she also talks about many rumors about vaccines, such as many injections. Of people began to die.

In China, I have been to several provinces in the past two years, and I have never seen a patient infected with the new crown. On the contrary, in the countryside of my hometown, a few old people had a bad cough for a while, not knowing whether it was lung cancer or what kind of disease.

PowerPoster

We were once that arrogant, too. Of course, it may be that China doesn't have a fire ecology, though I would expect that it might exist in the arid west.
    According to my analysis, the forest fires in the United States are mainly distributed in arid areas, coupled with the abnormally high temperature this year, there are fewer Americans and more forests.
    China is an infrastructure madman. Wood is not enough. Woodcarving, flooring and other industries are developed. No amount of trees can be cut down. It is difficult to break a fire. If these forests are in China, we will dig out a lot of reservoirs so that the temperature can come down, and at the same time we will cut down and sell the big trees on a regular basis. The formation of a quarantine zone, to put it simply, is like the new crown virus, as long as the quarantine is completed, nothing will happen.

PowerPoster

In May 1987, the Great Xing'an Mountains in China caused a huge forest fire that caused more than 58,800 military, police, and civilians (including 34,000 PLA officers and soldiers, more than 2,100 forest police, firefighting officers and professional firefighters, and 22,700 reserve militias, forestry workers and the masses). People) After 28 days and nights of fighting hard.
    The total area of the huge forest fire was 17,000 square kilometers (including the overseas part). The forest area was damaged by 1.01 million hectares. In the fire, 211 people were killed, 266 people were burned, more than 10,000 households were affected, and more than 50,000 people were affected.. It caused heavy losses to the lives and property of the people and the country's forest resources, and the ecological environment suffered huge damages, causing direct economic losses of more than 500 million yuan and indirect losses of 6.913 billion yuan.

Ordinary fires can be contained within one or two days.
    At around 12:25 that day, the weather in Mohe had a sudden change, with a northwest wind of magnitude 8 or more blowing, causing the resurrection of the two fire sites in Hewan and Gulian. At the ancient lotus fire site, the tornado rolled the tongue of the fire from the ground to the trees. The fire head was tens of meters or hundreds of meters high. The fire formed an unstoppable force and forced the fire fighting team back to the county seat.

The United States is a country with a federal system. The states are independent of each other. There is also a state constitution. Without the consent of the state assembly, the military of the federal government is not allowed to enter the territory of the state. Otherwise, it is regarded as an aggression by the federal government against the state. The state assembly requires the entry of federal government troops.

With the outbreak of the new crown epidemic, the states are independent of each other, and they do not want to lock down, otherwise the company will not be able to make money. It is also forbidden to wear masks. Even if the president requires every state to wear a mask, the governor has the right not to accept it, so on the surface it is a whole country, but in reality it is not united. This is just like the powerful Soviet Union before. Once the economic crisis, everything fell apart and 80% of aircraft carriers were built. Nuclear-powered submarines could not be built, and they could only sell scrap iron.

More than a hundred wildfires broke out in 11 western states of the United States. They asked the U.S. Army for help, but only 200 reinforcements were received. However, 34,000 soldiers came from China to fight the fire.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:54 AM.

PowerPoster

PowerPoster

The United States has also reached the level of 200,000 people in a single day. What concept is this? The number of new crown infections in China 2020 full year is 86,688, which means that the daily increase rate in the United States is three times that of China in the whole year.

The United States looks like: an old man with advanced lung cancer

Name:  USA-C19.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  48.0 KB
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 12th, 2021 at 10:17 AM.

PowerPoster

Why you posting a map from December 2020??? You don't think we know? We live here, it was terrible. And you want to use it to play your stupid, my country is better than your country game.

According to my analysis, the forest fires in the United States are mainly distributed in arid areas, coupled with the abnormally high temperature this year, there are fewer Americans and more forests.
    China is an infrastructure madman. Wood is not enough. Woodcarving, flooring and other industries are developed. No amount of trees can be cut down. It is difficult to break a fire. If these forests are in China, we will dig out a lot of reservoirs so that the temperature can come down, and at the same time we will cut down and sell the big trees on a regular basis. The formation of a quarantine zone, to put it simply, is like the new crown virus, as long as the quarantine is completed, nothing will happen.
    Fire ecologies require fire. Some species of tree in the American west won't release seeds without fire. We suppressed forest fires for decades, until the 1910 fire happened. The remnants of that fire can still be seen in parts of the west.

All the things we've tried to do to control nature have not gone well. It may be that China has had civilization for so long that there no longer is much natural land.

Fire ecologies require fire. Some species of tree in the American west won't release seeds without fire. We suppressed forest fires for decades, until the 1910 fire happened. The remnants of that fire can still be seen in parts of the west.

All the things we've tried to do to control nature have not gone well. It may be that China has had civilization for so long that there no longer is much natural land.
    Just Google "major fires in china". Maybe the Chinese government can hide them from xiaoyao but not from satellites.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Why you posting a map from December 2020??? You don't think we know? We live here, it was terrible. And you want to use it to play your stupid, my country is better than your country game.
    Nine months have passed, and the new crown epidemic in the United States will only get worse. Now the death toll is 637,000, when it was only 290,000
    The news was in December 2020, with an increase of 200,000 in a single day. As a result, the United States added 237,000 in a single day in the first two days.

How many people are infected and do not act if they can be controlled. To let more innocent people die, the Trump administration, the United States, and India really should not.
    The main reason is that more than half of the people are infected, which will eventually lead to more terrible variants, like fowl fever and swine fever, almost half of them die

The United States has an overall infection of about 38 million, with an average of 66,600 infections every day for 19 months. The cumulative number of infections in China is only 122,000. The number of infections in the United States in 2 days exceeds the total number of infections in China in one and a half years
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 12th, 2021 at 08:52 PM.

PowerPoster

Nine months have passed, and the new crown epidemic in the United States will only get worse. Now the death toll is 637,000, when it was only 290,000
    The news was in December 2020, with an increase of 200,000 in a single day. As a result, the United States added 237,000 in a single day in the first two days.

How many people are infected and do not act if they can be controlled. To let more innocent people die, the Trump administration, the United States, and India really should not.
    The main reason is that more than half of the people are infected, which will eventually lead to more terrible variants, like fowl fever and swine fever, almost half of them die
    Same question,

Why you posting a map from December 2020??? You don't think we know?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Same question,
    Searching for cases that infected 200,000 people in a single day, found the old news, and compared them.
    Two days ago, 237,000 people were newly infected in a single day, and things got worse.

Perhaps the truth is that the number of people who have been vaccinated has increased, causing them to be infected with the virus (mild symptoms). Therefore, the daily number of newly diagnosed patients reached more than 200,000. Maybe someday it may be 1 million, and then it will disappear slowly, because most people are infected, and the daily increase may only be 50,000, 30,000, 5,000, and 2,000.

After the fire broke out, China sent 34,000 soldiers to rescue the disaster. The United States basically did not send soldiers to rescue the disaster. When the government came forward to ask for help, only 200 soldiers were supported, and they were mainly not directly involved in fire fighting, but logistical assistance.

Fires and global plagues are inseparable from the joint efforts of the people and the army across the country. Where possible, it is best to have multi-country governance.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Aug 12th, 2021 at 09:31 PM.

PowerPoster

Vaccines produced in some countries have severe side effects and may even cause normal people to be infected with the new coronavirus. The main disadvantage of inactivated vaccines is that they greatly reduce profits, so pharmaceutical companies don't like them.
    In order to rush to release the vaccine in the first time, the pursuit of high production has caused even greater danger.
    As a result, many countries are still opposing vaccination.

Inactivated vaccines have a long development cycle, slow production speed, low efficiency, and high cost (low profit margin)

The principle of the SARS inactivated vaccine is very simple. It is to inactivate the entire SARS virus (for example, treat it with formaldehyde, ultraviolet light or β-propiolactone) and inject it into the human body, and then inactivate the virus to induce a high concentration of neutralizing antibodies, which is effective Prevent the SARS virus from invading, because the virus in the vaccine is dead, so it will not cause human infection.
    Inactivated vaccines need to inactivate all viruses. The cultivation, inactivation, and inspection of the virus is a relatively slow process, and the treatment of the virus itself has a certain degree of danger, which means that a large-scale outbreak of the epidemic requires a wide range of even the entire population. At the time of vaccination, the production speed of inactivated vaccines may be short.

PowerPoster

The death rate from pneumonia in the United States is only about 1.5%, which is comparable to 8% in Italy and much lower than the global average of 4%.
    The high mortality rate in Italy and Iran is mainly related to poor medical conditions, lack of medical equipment, and insufficient ability of medical staff to respond to the epidemic. The United States has relatively high medical standards and better medical conditions, mainly in terms of software and hardware, both of which are world-class countries. In addition to being able to deal with severely ill patients, even if it deals with a large number of suspected and mild patients, it can be checked and treated in time. In this case, although there are so many confirmed cases of COVID-19 in the United States, the mortality rate is quite low.

Medical standards in the US are not all that homogenous. In some areas it is very high, in some areas...it isn't so high. That may be true everywhere, but we may have the widest range between top and bottom. In other countries, if their low is low, then their high isn't very high. If their high is high, then their low isn't very low. In the US, if you have the money...you can be pampered like nowhere else.

Well I've had a proper scare over the last week. My doubly vaxxed elderly Mum and Dad came down with it and my anti-vaxxer who's in her early 50s got it. They all seem to be out the other side now but it's been a tense time.
    Glad to hear they are well FD

Didn't know you had your own personal Anti-vaxxer ??

PowerPoster

The Mayo Clinic "hot spot" forecast shows us as the cheese who stands alone, but I'm not sure it will prove true because I can't think of many reasons:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

We do seem to be holding the line for now though. Again, I'm not sure why. There has been nothing worth noting about the measures in place here.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

In the past 24 hours or so, there were 209,538 new confirmed cases and 1,377 new deaths in the United States. According to the New York Times, as of August 13 local time, the cumulative number of COVID-19 cases in the United States has exceeded 36.63 million and the cumulative death toll has exceeded 620,000. With only 4% of the world's population, the United States accounts for 18% of the world's confirmed COVID-19 cases. The failure to combat the pandemic has seriously slowed down the global response.

PowerPoster

With better health care, the mortality rate in the United States is only 25 percent of that in other countries. As a result, 18 percent of the world's deaths occurred. So actually. The COVID-19 pandemic has caused worldwide damage, with the United States accounting for 72 percent. You are rich enough to be the second country after China to have almost no people infected. In the face of COVID-19, China should have helped the world as the largest country in the United Nations. Maybe the US really makes more money from this germ war than any other country in the world, 10 times 100 times (vaccines, other drugs, etc).

Page 74 of 137 FirstFirst ... 24647172737475767784124 ... LastLast