Page 82 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132 ... LastLast
Results 3,241 to 3,280 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

I have to wonder why should it always be an excuse and not an acceptance.
    But I respect your opinion. I won't be posting more of these issues, I saw one just now but it makes me feel down and I don't want that.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Your political preferences have already been removed from the equation.
    My preferences have nothing to do with it. Globalism is ending, U.S. citizens have stopped supporting it. That's just reality.

I don't see why taxpayers should keep footing the bill rewarding Big Pharma... without even a direct benefit to themselves in exchange. If they are going to be forced to buy doses of vaccines to give away to 3rd worlders that's fine, but they ought to at least get them at a price much closer to cost.

Globalists are all the same though: muddy-thinking agents of the multinational corporations. At least their infancy is over and they can start working for a living as they are weaned off the teat. They'll cry and kick, but they can be ignored by the adults in the room who understand the game now, much like parents after their second child.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    I have to wonder why should it always be an excuse and not an acceptance.
    But I respect your opinion. I won't be posting more of these issues, I saw one just now but it makes me feel down and I don't want that.
    When it comes to one-off issues with no clear cause and effect, the burden of proof has to be higher. There is no clear reason why something that triggers the immune system to react to a respiratory virus should have a side effect that has nothing clearly related to any of that. It's not impossible that there is a relationship, since it's all one body, so all pieces are at least a little related, but there's no clear relationship.

At that point, it's just superstition. Don't know if you have anything like this over there, but in the US, baseball players are notorious for superstitions (probably other sports, as well, but baseball seems to have a whole lot of it). They had a good game....so they keep wearing that shirt, or don't shave, or add some other kind of ritual that the associated with that good game.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

That reminds me of a story. A friend of mine had a kid who got a really rare and very difficult illness. She was terribly sick and hospitalized for several days, but recovered almost fully (she might have some hearing impairment as a result of the illness...or maybe not as a result of it, I'm not sure, as she was young enough she might have already had some hearing impairment that hadn't been noticed before the illness).

Her mother, who is not any organized religion, said that she thought that all the thoughts and prayers of those around her had helped her daughter pull through. The girl really was sick enough that it seemed like a near thing. The mother also told me about two friends of hers from elsewhere in the country, who had had dreams about the girl getting terribly sick just before she did get sick.

There are a couple problems I have with that.
    1) The illness has a very high survival rate for those diagnosed early enough, and the illness is VERY rare. So the miracle wasn't that she recovered, as she had a very high probability of recovery given the early diagnosis, the miracle was that she got sick in the first place, since THAT was far more unlikely than her recovery.

2) The good wishes and prayers were credited with helping the recovery (the likely outcome), while the dreams about the illness were not credited with CAUSING the illness (the unlikely event).

That seems wrong, to me. If you are going to believe in magic, that wishes and prayers can nudge the dial in a good direction, then don't you also have to believe that other things can nudge the dial in a bad direction? Since there is no clear mechanism by which a prayer can heal, wouldn't it be possible that a dream could do it? And if it could, then couldn't it harm just as easily as heal?

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    My preferences have nothing to do with it. Globalism is ending, U.S. citizens have stopped supporting it. That's just reality.
    No, only a portion have stopped. Most never really cared...or even knew what impact it had on their lives. If they start seeing prices increase, they'll care. If they see their jobs go away, they'll care. Other than that, they likely won't care at all, and if either of those things happen, they'll likely listen to whoever spins the most entertaining story as to whether globalism had a hand in it, or not.
    I don't see why taxpayers should keep footing the bill rewarding Big Pharma... without even a direct benefit to themselves in exchange. If they are going to be forced to buy doses of vaccines to give away to 3rd worlders that's fine, but they ought to at least get them at a price much closer to cost.
    They do. The last figures I saw showed that the price for a shot for us is roughly three times the cost for a shot in the developing world. That's why a third shot to the US is FAR more lucrative than giving shots to the developing world.

King of sapila

Ahh don't get me started about superstitions in Greece. I think we top everyone!
    As the vaccines goes, they are not conducting necropsies on vaccine deaths, you have to have a court order. I believe after the fuss on the dead boy they will do a necropsie, just hope they don't explain the death to superstition.

A necropsy would be a good thing (and you don't even NEED to tell me where THAT word came from). There probably need to be a whole lot more than there currently are. We have a LOT to learn about this virus. After all, it attaches to one specific protein, and that protein is plentiful in lung tissue...but it's also found in a lot of other places, too.

Still, maybe those necropsies could be done somewhere with lower numbers of deaths. I think the US is overwhelmed, at the moment. That may be just because Idaho is overwhelmed, but we aren't the ONLY ones.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    A necropsy would be a good thing (and you don't even NEED to tell me where THAT word came from).
    Oh but I do, I doooo

Necros (dead) and opsi (sight,view). There, got it out of my system.

King of sapila

About superstitions. I will not go on translate that but just some of them is in the article. Just count the dots!

https://www.kalamatatimes.gr/mythoi-...oy-21oy-aiona/

Ok just one to get the idea. You don't carry olive oil at night as is considered bad luck. Nuff said!

PowerPoster

While I think vaccination is important and effective, I remain convinced that there are other (perhaps greater) factors we haven't been told about.

Compare these two maps:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

They just don't correlate very well. But then that doesn't take other things into account either, like masking and distancing and isolation behaviors.

Oh but I do, I doooo

Necros (dead) and opsi (sight,view). There, got it out of my system.
    Okay, I didn't know about the opsi part, so you did a good deed.

While I think vaccination is important and effective, I remain convinced that there are other (perhaps greater) factors we haven't been told about.

Compare these two maps:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...min-rate-total

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

They just don't correlate very well. But then that doesn't take other things into account either, like masking and distancing and isolation behaviors.
    Yeah, they don't correlate very well. There may be still other factors that aren't being addressed. There could be super spreader events that are more likely in some places than in others. For example, the Sturgis bike rally brings a whole lot of people close together...mostly outdoors, I think, so it may not be so bad, but Sturgis happens in only ONE place, and it's big enough to register if there was a large outbreak associated with it.

Not saying that's a reason, my point is that there could be some very incidental factors involved. Frankly, there's no particular reason that Idaho is being hit so hard. Yeah, we're one of the least vaccinated states in the country, so that would be a factor, but we're also seriously rural, which might reduce spread. Furthermore, the places that got hit the hardest, the fastest, in this state were not the few cities we have, but some very rural parts of the state.

PowerPoster

Just to be a troublemaker (What? Moi?) I can think of two other maps I'd like to see for starters:

State by state travel inward directly from the U.K. I suspect they've acted as The Crossroad of COVID for most of the pandemic.

State by state practice of organized religion. Those people who gather indoors weekly to spew their hot, moist breath at each other in great volume.

State by state travel inward directly from the U.K. I suspect they've acted as The Crossroad of COVID for most of the pandemic.
    Not a chance!! At least, not a chance where it comes to the Idaho outbreak that is currently going on. Half this state probably couldn't find the UK, and the UK probably couldn't find this state...and if they did, they wouldn't come here.

State by state practice of organized religion. Those people who gather indoors weekly to spew their hot, moist breath at each other in great volume.
    That one is a very good point. The part of Idaho that first went bad is also the part where some of the most vehement religious based anti-everything are located. I hadn't thought about that aspect, but now that you have mentioned it, I think you may have hit on a significant factor. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to say that's really worth investigating. No other factor that I have ever heard of seems quite as likely as that one...unless smoke inhalation, and the impact that has on respiratory systems, has some contributing effect. Smoke does seem kind of correlated in this state, but religion may be even more so.

PowerPoster

I hadn't thought about the smoke, but its impact here has been minor though visible from time to time. But it might also figure into things a lot out west.

King of sapila

I think not.
    In Greece they banned all religious ceremonies for 1,5 year and still the numbers kept going.
    In fact all these shows my "do nothing" post is not far of reality but let's not jump back again.

IF you look here https://ourworldindata.org/covid-deaths .

Seems like only US has it worse. .
    Look at only US. The death rate on March 2020 is almost identical with the death rate of September 2021. You are at 55% vaccinated so what is going on?
    An outer observer could say that your numbers are "odd" to say the least.
    In fact if you add US and Israel you can see that they follow the same mortality path.
    I should also urge you to compare the chart of US to Sweden that "did nothing", the conclusions are yours.

I think not.
    In Greece they banned all religious ceremonies for 1,5 year and still the numbers kept going.
    In fact all these shows my "do nothing" post is not far of reality but let's not jump back again.
    I wouldn't say that all religions are equal, in this regard. Idaho has some odd ones.
    Look at only US. The death rate on March 2020 is almost identical with the death rate of September 2021. You are at 55% vaccinated so what is going on?
    It's not an evenly distributed 55%. Idaho has a rate of about 40%, and even that is a skewed value, because it is probably higher in the Boise area than in the hinterlands. We have most of the population in just two counties of a large state. The places that really got hammered had a vaccination rate down around 30%. That's barely vaccinated.

King of sapila

Well then you are doing better , worse? Do they even know how are you doing over there? If the 30% gone to the higher ages then it's high enough to at least change the diagrams a little but the charts are showing a stalemate.

If your religion is what shown on tv. People doing alalalalaou then , yes that is completely different.

PowerPoster

What came a long was an even more highly contagious variant called Delta and it hit right when all the country was loosening mask, dining and various other restrictions. In July we were down to @ 300 deaths a day. Now we're back up to @ 1,200. This new surge in COVID deaths is driven by the unvaccinated, very few deaths among the vaccinated.

That one is a very good point. The part of Idaho that first went bad is also the part where some of the most vehement religious based anti-everything are located. I hadn't thought about that aspect, but now that you have mentioned it, I think you may have hit on a significant factor. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to say that's really worth investigating
    I saw a report yesterday that showed that the evangelical demographic had the highest unvaccinated rate.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    What came a long was an even more highly contagious variant called Delta and it hit right when all the country was loosening mask, dining and various other restrictions. In July we were down to @ 300 deaths a day. Now we're back up to @ 1,200. This new surge in COVID deaths is driven by the unvaccinated, very few deaths among the vaccinated.

I saw a report yesterday that showed that the evangelical demographic had the highest unvaccinated rate.
    Even so, the charts are way off with other countries that had the same behavior. So I'm not arguing or something just saying that it seems odd how US has that fluctuation. The country that we can see behaving the same is Israel that they are 70% or more vaccinated so i don't think it's the vaccine. I really can't explain this, it's odd.

Frenzied Member

If your religion is what shown on tv. People doing alalalalaou then , yes that is completely different.
    What is shown on TV is likely a sanitized version of the truth...at least when it comes to the practices in Idaho.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    Nice link.
    Glad to see my own conclusions (just applying simple logic) confirmed by an expert in the field.

I'm (as him) not against vaccinations.
    But it's "the way they are carried out" currently, which makes absolutely no sense to me as well (bordering on the insane).

If you really *have to* vaccinate in the midst of a pandemic,
    then you have to at least make sure, that the vaccinated are quarantined for a longer period.

What happens instead is, that the vaccinated get "green status" and are then outright encouraged,
    to cause new "super-spreader-events" (now distributing higher resistant strains among themselves and - in the end, the unvacced).

That all this is accompanied by "public shaming" of the unvaccinated,
    (who - for the most part - *know* that they are less protected - and therefore "isolate themselves better") -
    is just the icing on the cake.

Olaf

King of sapila

Don't tinkle the web, you will wake the vaxbie spiders.
    No one will quarantine the vaccinated because it would be like admitting that they where wrong. They are never wrong.

And on that note. Fake people pretending they have covid where media actors . How nice.They are some talks that they do that here also but they just choose and pay people out from the street so we won't recognize them
    https://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/ep...covid/13529112
    Last edited by sapator; Sep 19th, 2021 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post

(who - for the most part - *know* that they are less protected - and therefore "isolate themselves better") -

Olaf
    That may be the case over there, but I don't think it's the case in the US. The majority of our unvaccinated don't seem to believe in COVID, one way or another. Some believe it doesn't exist at all (it's a hoax), some believe it's just the flu (I'm fine with that view), and some believe that the vaccines CAUSE the disease (some evangelicals, apparently).

So, our unvaccinated tend not to know they are less protected, and have consistently isolated themselves worse, not better.
    Last edited by Shaggy Hiker; Sep 21st, 2021 at 10:55 AM.

PowerPoster

I think it is less of an issue with individuals here than certain rabble-rousing groups try to make it to gather in new dupes to control.

King of sapila

The majority of our vaccinated don't seem to believe in COVID, one way or another.
    Careful there, you don't want to get attacked by your fellow vaxbie spiders....Ffffssss.....pfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfp!!

PowerPoster

I even see one guy on YouTube using his anti-vax rhetoric to sell his line of branded nutritional supplements and exercise gadgets and videos. The old "Get healthy for invulnerability" schtick.

King of sapila

That is common here. Wherever opportunity strikes...
    A man was arrested pretending to be a doctor, stopping cancer treatments to patience and giving them his own thus killing a lot of them.

Frenzied Member

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    Nice link.
    Glad to see my own conclusions (just applying simple logic) confirmed by an expert in the field.

I'm (as him) not against vaccinations.
    But it's "the way they are carried out" currently, which makes absolutely no sense to me as well (bordering on the insane).

If you really *have to* vaccinate in the midst of a pandemic,
    then you have to at least make sure, that the vaccinated are quarantined for a longer period.

What happens instead is, that the vaccinated get "green status" and are then outright encouraged,
    to cause new "super-spreader-events" (now distributing higher resistant strains among themselves and - in the end, the unvacced).

Olaf
    There are so many scientists around the globe that say what is going on is totally irrational and against everything that was tought in the past decades. so sad they don't get heard.

from the very start of the pandemic so many things where against my personal logic and what i call common sense that it was fishy to the moon.
    i am sure the preassure on youtube is immense to take this video down and i must say that YT must be honored to let this and other stuff online. give the videos you find worth it a thumb up and help spreading it. thats the way we vote these days.

Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    There are so many scientists around the globe that say what is going on is totally irrational and against everything that was tought in the past decades. so sad they don't get heard.
    If they weren't a tiny minority, they WOULD get heard.

I've spent much of my career dealing with practical evolution, and I'm not sure whether I agree with the idea that I think Olaf is talking about.

Antibiotic resistance is a different mechanism to vaccines.

King of sapila

If they weren't a tiny minority, they WOULD get heard.
    I can speak for Greece and say that this is wrong. What we hear here is media doctors (even a plastic surgeon, go figure) praising the vaccines. Lately they decided that young people are all gonna die by covid so they should vaccinate. The other view is not heard. At the beginning they where inviting scientists that they thought they will go on the vaccine for all opinion, as soon as they did not, well, they never got invited again. It think this is an intermediate between the democracy thread and the covid thread but I'm glad we revived this one so we can fight...Fight!Fight!Fight!

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

The virus doesn't care what US citizens support.

They just don't correlate very well.
    Yes they do. They're an almost perfect inverse correlation which is what you'd expect. Have I misunderstood something here?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

The US passed the death count from the 1918 Spanish flu. That didn't need to happen and the daily death count is approaching the peak from last year. And still there are people, even some here, railing against masks and vaccines. Too bad
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Careful there, you don't want to get attacked by your fellow vaxbie spiders....Ffffssss.....pfpfpfpfpfpfpfpfp!!
    That was a typo, I meant the UNvaccinated. I went back and corrected the original post.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    The US passed the death count from the 1918 Spanish flu. That didn't need to happen and the daily death count is approaching the peak from last year. And still there are people, even some here, railing against masks and vaccines. Too bad
    We passed our population from 1918 a LONG time ago, so the total death count isn't what should be compared, but the death count as a percentage of the total population. I haven't looked it up, so that may be what you are saying, but it should be clarified. Half a million dead is still half a million dead, but that would have been a much bigger percentage of the total population in 1918 than it is today, which means it would directly impact far more other lives.

King of sapila

Oh I know.
    If it wasn't I would have gotten to the roof screaming Kakaaaa-Kakaaa!

King of sapila

An idiot government reporter said now that most people on emergency are kids from... ZERO to 18.
    Ok, read what the ruffians are writing to you but at least put your tongue to your brain before spreading vaxbie stupidity.

Oh I know.
    If it wasn't I would have gotten to the roof screaming Kakaaaa-Kakaaa!
    Well doggone it. Had I known THAT, I would have said it like I meant it.

PowerPoster

Er, what???

Page 82 of 137 FirstFirst ... 32727980818283848592132 ... LastLast