Page 71 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121 ... LastLast
Results 2,801 to 2,840 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

I think we talked about the people living again. The natural resources will not be enough for everyone in a few years.
    Now whether we will go on an just die or we will "train" ourselves to eat something else like dirt, with the help of DNA engineer or live with resources from other planets (and hopefully find a way to black hole travel to distances), or cattle farms on Mars is unknown. Yes I said DNA but not this parody and not forced on millions without testing. We still have a couple of thousands of years to do it properly but the barrier is closing in, although I would much rather get resources from other planets than eating dirt.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

The birth rate is below replacement level in pretty nearly every developed country and a bunch of the developing countries. We are in a bit of a race. Who knows what minerals are available in space. Getting out there is tough, but getting them back to earth is somewhat easier (if a bit hazardous, as we'd be dropping rocks into a well while standing at the bottom of said well). Educate women and explore space. Does our population fall before or after we run out of resources?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

Or we get lucky and some alien race find us. Supposedly not discussed by our stupidity and starts killing or eating us, gives us hyper knowledge.
    That's why I would like to be born a couple of thousand of years in the future, we would either have made it or would be all dead...Hmm but if dead I won't be able to be born...Maybe in another galaxy, one with no politicians and no Microsoft would be great.

PowerPoster

Yeah. I guess when you only have fishing, goats, and lizards with some olives and grapes along the coasts people can get hungry importing most of the food when cash is so thin. Hard times.

King of sapila

If you are talking about Greece, we can switch to food efficiency just like that. Almost all the soil in Greece can grow plants.
    The problem is, yeap, politicians, they don't care to implement a central agricultural and livestock policy and they don't care to help the farmers.

PowerPoster

A few months earlier, China did not have enough vaccines, so the injections were voluntarily and free of charge. But many people feel that no one around them is infected with the virus, and there is no need to get an injection.
    Now there are indicators. As long as you meet the conditions, the medical staff will go to your home to mobilize you to vaccinate if you do not come. Strive to achieve the same level of vaccinations for everyone.
    China also wants to increase the overall vaccination rate, so that global trade can also reduce trouble. For example, some shrimps in India were detected to have the new crown virus, and they were prevented from exporting to China.
    In the end, China is the safest country.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The birth rate is below replacement level in pretty nearly every developed country and a bunch of the developing countries. We are in a bit of a race. Who knows what minerals are available in space. Getting out there is tough, but getting them back to earth is somewhat easier (if a bit hazardous, as we'd be dropping rocks into a well while standing at the bottom of said well). Educate women and explore space. Does our population fall before or after we run out of resources?
    I always try to look for analogous examples between microscopic and macroscopic processes. A virus invades a cell, multiplies unsustainably, the cell explodes and spreads the virus even further. For the sake the the universe, I sincerely hope the virus that is humanity never succeeds in such a spread.

PowerPoster

Apparently parts of China are being locked down again due to the spread of the Delta variant. What wave are we on now here in the USA? 4th? 5th? Mask mandates are coming back. Hospitalizations are skyrocketing in Florida and another state that escapes me.

Needing a booster every 6 months (which I predicted would be the case months ago) is now in the "break it to the public gently" mode. But here's the deal. I guarantee that there is a non-trivial percent of the population that was willing to roll up their sleeves and get their 1 or 2-dose Covid shots thinking it was a one-time deal, but aren't going to get them again twice a year for who knows how long, especially if they were one of the people that had significant side-effects.

As sort of a joke to myself, I marked this thread as Resolved a few months ago when all the numbers were trending towards this being mostly over soon. But as it stands now, I'm thinking that this fall/winter are going to be lockdown 2.0. And since everything has been bet on the vaccines we have being THE solution to this, if more and more vaccinated people keep getting infected and spreading to others, then everything goes to crap in a hurry.

PowerPoster

It will be interesting what schools do this fall. A couple months ago it seemed almost a certainty that everything would be back to in-person learning, but who knows now. Probably going to turn into a political food fight with teachers and students caught in the crossfire.

That's it for me again for a while. Stay healthy everyone.

PowerPoster

The U.S. is not a monolith.

Here we are still at very low new infection rates, no mask mandate, etc. That won't last because we are just starting to enter the Delta wave searing the south and west. But we also went through a wave peaking last April that the south and west did not see.

I think we're seeing two factors driving waves of infection: travel and mixing. Travel spreads new mutations, mixing is primarily the young and stupid and personally irresponsible passing the fungalitis around and then taking it home.

Vaccination hasn't made much of a dent because too few have been vaccinated.

The map scale has been jiggered once again to mask how bad things are, but:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

... shows a pattern that has been holding geographically for months now.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by OptionBase1 View Post
    Apparently parts of China are being locked down again due to the spread of the Delta variant. What wave are we on now here in the USA? 4th? 5th? Mask mandates are coming back. Hospitalizations are skyrocketing in Florida and another state that escapes me.

Needing a booster every 6 months (which I predicted would be the case months ago) is now in the "break it to the public gently" mode. But here's the deal. I guarantee that there is a non-trivial percent of the population that was willing to roll up their sleeves and get their 1 or 2-dose Covid shots thinking it was a one-time deal, but aren't going to get them again twice a year for who knows how long, especially if they were one of the people that had significant side-effects.

As sort of a joke to myself, I marked this thread as Resolved a few months ago when all the numbers were trending towards this being mostly over soon. But as it stands now, I'm thinking that this fall/winter are going to be lockdown 2.0. And since everything has been bet on the vaccines we have being THE solution to this, if more and more vaccinated people keep getting infected and spreading to others, then everything goes to crap in a hurry.
    Yet when I wrote these stuff I was the "strange" one.
    You will NEVER get rid of the flue with vaccination, common, allegedly, less dangerous flu have taught us that. The process will be done with covid mutations that they will be less and less dangerous and in the end it will just kill people with serious health issues and again, it depends and of course natural immunity. As I've said you will be requested to vaccinate every now and then until the medical companies strangle every last drop of vaccine money from you( have you seen the pfizer stocks that are sky rocketing?). If you want to do that fine but calmly think if it's worth the go, especially if you are in a low danger group.

BTW USA put Greece in the high danger zone for vacation today. If you thinking of traveling I'm assuring you we are just fine, we have 8 deaths i 2500 and by the government double fake, the real deaths are 4 in 2500.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Oh, come on. You were strange before you wrote that

You will NEVER get rid of the flue with vaccination, common, allegedly, less dangerous flu have taught us that. The process will be done with covid mutations that they will be less and less dangerous and in the end it will just kill people with serious health issues and again, it depends and of course natural immunity. As I've said you will be requested to vaccinate every now and then until the medical companies strangle every last drop of vaccine money from you( have you seen the pfizer stocks that are sky rocketing?). If you want to do that fine but calmly think if it's worth the go, especially if you are in a low danger group.
    You may be right about that. The flu virus changes every year, and the vaccine is changed each year to deal with the new strain. Lots of people simply don't bother with the flu shots. It's often not convenient, even if it's free. If the perceived cost is low, but the perceived benefit is zero, then people won't do it. Several people have suggested (I may have, in fact) that the trend of mutations in COVID would be towards a milder form that has a death rate down around that of flu. It could then be perpetual, just like the common cold (which is also often a Corona virus).

On the other hand, nobody LIKES the common cold, even though it is common. There may be a simpler cure being developed.

BTW USA put Greece in the high danger zone for vacation today. If you thinking of traveling I'm assuring you we are just fine, we have 8 deaths i 2500 and by the government double fake, the real deaths are 4 in 2500.
    It's not the destination so much as the mode of travel.

King of sapila

Funny I once completely agree...Exccceppt maybe on being strange, I am stang-ER.

Yes I forgot that you have to get all those documentation to enter and then possible get a 14 days quarantine at US when you departure.
    And that is BS, in order for the dictator to make us do the vax he is demolishing his own country and that has implications as we see here.

King of sapila

I believe someone here was disputing that vaccinated people can equal get the Delta? Or maybe not, maybe I remember something else.
    In any case:

Fauci:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fauci-...d_3929532.html

Funny I once completely agree...Exccceppt maybe on being strange, I am stang-ER.

Yes I forgot that you have to get all those documentation to enter and then possible get a 14 days quarantine at US when you departure.
    And that is BS, in order for the dictator to make us do the vax he is demolishing his own country and that has implications as we see here.
    I wasn't talking about the quarantine or the documentation, I was talking about the transport. It might be understood that I like taking vacations out in the open, but if getting there means sitting in an aluminum can with a few hundred other people for several hours, then quarantine would be a relief.

I believe someone here was disputing that vaccinated people can equal get the Delta? Or maybe not, maybe I remember something else.
    In any case:

Fauci:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/fauci-...d_3929532.html
    You have to be really careful about that source for news. They're a very odd organization. They're odd in a way that means that they MIGHT be a good source, but they also might not. They have a distinct bias due to why they exist, but it's a bias unlike any other in the US. My understanding is that they were founded by an outlawed religious cult in China that I can't spell. Their goal is undermining China, which can take on some really strange twists.

In this case, they may be sort of right, except that data is still coming in. What has been found is that vaccinated people who DO get infected have the same levels of virus in the airways, meaning that they should be equally capable of spreading the virus. I have heard that the chance of a breakthrough infection is reduced, but it sounds like it is higher than the chance of a breakthrough with the other popular variants, and the chance of complications is way down. So, you CAN get delta if vaccinated, and if you DO get it, then you are less likely to have symptoms, but just as capable of spreading it. If further studies bear that out, it creates an interesting situation: Vaccinated people could be the greatest threat to non-vaccinated people.

On the other hand, there have been a variety of studies, and the results have been mixed, so we'll just see, as always.

King of sapila

Yes, aka vaxbies. Become one and be safe , resists and they will try to bite you.
    Also it's quoting Fauci. If he is unreliable let me know, i though he was your main guy over there(?).

I take it you are talking about planes? Well that also, the distance is far but it's worth it IMO. Greece!!!

He isn't the issue, it's just that the news organization you cited has a distinct agenda which colors what and how they report. It's a weird agenda, to, so it's often not quite clear why an article is written the way it is. I stay away from them, because they are selling something...even if it isn't always clear WHAT they are selling. They aren't right or left, they're weird.

As for the data, we basically have a couple studies on relatively small groups, which means that it's probably a bit premature to take too much away from it. The one point that seems totally solid is that, if you get a breakthrough infection with the delta variant, vaccinated and unvaccinated are equally contagious, but unvaccinated are at greater risk. That's why there are mask requirements going back into effect in the US, but only in places. Things will have to get REALLY bad before Idaho stops ignoring the problem.

King of sapila

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Apart from our dispute here on simple flu and vaccination, I can't help but wonder what will happen then next time that the new covid 22 flue comes out or any heavy flu type.
    Should we tolerance a yearly+ lockdown again until we find a cure, or treat it as a simple flu, or, at least as a super flu, that might have a 0,6 mortality on persons over 80 and not lock ourselves in again?
    Are you able to handle another lockdown and it's consequences over a flue?
    Found this Feb 21 post. I wonder, with a clearer mind and all the events that happened, if you are all in favor of a new lockdown now as you where back then.

PowerPoster

Anthony "Strangelove" Fauci? Also known as "Often Wrong" Fauci after the Star Trek character Noonian Soong?

Nobody really listens to him. He flips and flops with the breeze and there is plenty of evidence that he has a nefarious agenda. He's known for negative involvement during the AIDS era and recently his involvement with "gain of function" virus research and connection with that Wuhan lab.

King of sapila

OK, I will mark not to quote him.
    So admitting the US and his involvement to the China covid lab is not true, hmm?

PowerPoster

We just had a motorcycle rider event (can't stop laughing, that was a GREAT episode of South Park) that has produced 16 known new cases in a cluster. Attendees and their contacts are urged to get tested, the extent of the toll from this event is almost certainly much higher.

PowerPoster

Rand Paul sends official criminal referral on Anthony Fauci to DOJ

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) made good on his threat to refer Anthony Fauci, chief medical adviser to President Biden and director of the U.S. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, to the Justice Department for allegedly lying to Congress about funding gain-of-function research at the Wuhan Institute of Virology.

PowerPoster

Popped back in to address this, because it was in response to my post.

I'm 100% sure I've never criticized any of your posts in this thread (others may have, I'm not sure). I go weeks or months without reading any of the new posts in this thread, but as far as I can remember, everything I've read from you I generally agree with.

I'll close with this, and then I'm out of this thread for a while again, I promise. Agendas are always the joker in the card game of life, and the deck is always rigged with an endless supply of them.

PowerPoster

More U.S. maps:

https://www.mayoclinic.org/coronavirus-covid-19/map

They seem to be updated daily, but I didn't see a clear date there.

Ahh, dates are displayed when you click the "play" button for the 60 day animation.

King of sapila

I know, I was fishing you (is that an expretion you have there? )

King of sapila

Popped back in to address this, because it was in response to my post.

I'm 100% sure I've never criticized any of your posts in this thread (others may have, I'm not sure). I go weeks or months without reading any of the new posts in this thread, but as far as I can remember, everything I've read from you I generally agree with.

I'll close with this, and then I'm out of this thread for a while again, I promise. Agendas are always the joker in the card game of life, and the deck is always rigged with an endless supply of them.
    It was not my point to criticize you of course, sorry if it came out that way, I'm not a native English speaker as you know so some stuff come out wrong.

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Found this Feb 21 post. I wonder, with a clearer mind and all the events that happened, if you are all in favor of a new lockdown now as you where back then.
    It won't happen out here, so my opinion doesn't matter. Personally, I don't favor another lockdown. While our vaccination rate in this state is nothing special, it's up around 40%. A lockdown hurts everybody equally, whereas no lockdown mostly hurts those who didn't get the free vaccine when it has been on offer all over the place at all kinds of times for months, by now. There are some seriously rural parts of the state where it would be powerfully inconvenient to get it, but they don't lockdown anyways...in fact, the places I'm thinking of, lockdown has no definition. We have people maintaining backcountry sites where the only access is multiple days by horse, or a ride in a small airplane, jet boat, or all of the above. For them, what does lockdown even mean? For everybody else, it's hard to imagine not being able to get a vaccine unless you have an immunological condition that prevents it, so for the rest...if they aren't, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Anthony "Strangelove" Fauci? Also known as "Often Wrong" Fauci after the Star Trek character Noonian Soong?

Nobody really listens to him. He flips and flops with the breeze and there is plenty of evidence that he has a nefarious agenda. He's known for negative involvement during the AIDS era and recently his involvement with "gain of function" virus research and connection with that Wuhan lab.
    Actually, nobody on the right listens to him, and citing Rand Paul doing something crazy is kind of like citing a fish swimming.

The data on the virus wasn't know in advance. Everybody wanted answers before there was enough information, so it was always a matter of, "our current understanding." Since that has changed frequently as more is learned, anybody speaking on the subject has changed their statements. For that they are pilloried.

Basically, if you say something unpopular in the US, you had better not be wrong, because if you are there is no getting over it. Changing your mind is virtually a crime, even if you did so because of new evidence.

PowerPoster

Well I suppose it is good to know that somebody always wears 3 masks.

PowerPoster

Surprise dip in UK COVID cases baffles researchers

Scientists are scratching their heads over the precipitous decline in daily COVID-19 infections in the United Kingdom following their rapid rise earlier in the year. Officially recorded new cases more than halved in just two weeks: from a high of 54,674 on 17 July to 22,287 on 2 August.

“Nobody really knows what’s going on,” says epidemiologist John Edmunds at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). In particular, it’s not clear whether this sudden trend indicates that the peak of the third wave has passed, or whether it is a blip caused by complex social factors.
    Not herd immunity

One thing it doesn’t mean, says Edmunds, is that the United Kingdom has built up enough population immunity through vaccination and natural infection to stop the virus spreading. “The drop in cases is unprecedented to some extent, in that it seemed to occur everywhere,” he says — something which has been previously seen only after lockdowns. “But herd immunity would come in different places at different times.”

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Well I suppose it is good to know that somebody always wears 3 masks.
    Three was found to be ineffective, but two was more effective than one. The problem with three is that air can't get through three, so it has to go around the mask, thereby rendering it useless.

Of course, those of us with a full beard render masks pretty useless anyways.

PowerPoster

Basically, if you say something unpopular in the US, you had better not be wrong, because if you are there is no getting over it.
    This country is so polarized how can you NOT say something that's unpopular???? It seems complaining and whining are becoming the national past time. Maybe it should be added to the Olympics.

PowerPoster

I don't think it is "polarized" because that implies two opposing sets of opinions. The only way you might swallow that is if you are so extreme that everyone else appears to oppose you, or maybe you just lap up what the media empires are pouring.

"Opinionated" might describe the situation much more accurately. And opinions vary widely by topic. UFO dupes and skeptics for example don't predict other things like their opinions on "global warming." I know people who insist UFOs are aliens with one agenda or another but they also don't buy into Bigfoot, Mothman, Chupacabra, etc. Others go all-in on all of it, while still others deny it all.

No matter what axis you measure them on, relatively few seem to be near the "don't care" center. Then push the right button and you'll find out differently once you have touched their live wire issue. There are people who seem moderate in every way until somebody says "Jesus was a black woman."

PowerPoster

Doctors are losing patience trying to explain things to simple folk. It probably doesn't help when they read the comments people leave.

Here's one of the cleaner ones, though he does approach Samuel L. Jackson levels by the end so you might quit early.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

You will NEVER get rid of the flue with vaccination, common, allegedly, less dangerous flu have taught us that. The process will be done with covid mutations that they will be less and less dangerous and in the end it will just kill people with serious health issues and again, it depends and of course natural immunity
    Covid is not Flu, it a corona virus in the same way the the common cold is a corona virus, the Flu is NOT a corona virus, and I wish you would stop comparing them as basically being the same thing !!!

Covid is far far more transmissible than Flu particularly this new variant and currently it is non seasonal, you do not get many Flu cases in the middle of Summer, there is not a credible scientist in world right now that thinks that Covid is not a lot more dangerous than Flu as there is overwhelming evidence that it is !!!

I dont know why you choose to minimise its danger at every turn? and constantly downplay how many people are dying from it by your insistence that it is Just like Flu !!!!

My sister in law is 38 years old and had no health concerns, last march she contract Covid and today she still has long Covid. She suffers from constant exhaustion, on a bad day making breakfast can be enough to send her back to bad and be unable to move for the rest of the day.

One of my best friends who is a Nurse had Covid last year, and she still hasn't fully recovered her sense of smell.

I wish you could separate your hatred and mistrust of your own government, which may be perfectly valid, with the science behind this disease which you constantly try to undermined.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

King of sapila

Delta that took over is almost as dangerous as the flu and the new variants as I've said and by the decades of observations are likely to be less and less dangerous,hopefully.
    If they are not I will be the first to admit it.
    That's what we get from scientists and data not from me.More transmittable but not as dangerous.
    Sorry if that breaks your whole agenda but it is what it is.
    I'm sorry for your sister in law, I have a lot of cases of people I know got vaccinated and have issues but what is done is done. Nobody is vaccinating now, people that wanted to do the vax did the vax. The 3rd dosis of vaccine news are not welcomed even from the vaccinated that they won't do it as they are starting to understand that they will have to do 3,4,5,6 doses so that is good.
    Covid is a flue btw. I always say that it's a flue not a flu.

We have more serious issues right now as all of the Attika region and Evia are burning, lot's of fires and the main roads are closed. I'm going leave for a while since I know a lot of people that are close to the fires and I have to contact them so I might not be here for a while.

PowerPoster

As Fauci called on the public to be vaccinated, US President Biden announced a series of measures on July 30, both hard and soft, hoping to increase the vaccination rate. Including people who get vaccinated, they will be issued 100 US dollars, and federal employees will be required to be vaccinated, otherwise they will wear masks all day and be screened regularly, and they will not be able to travel.

PowerPoster

It was the same as the first and second world war. SARS around 2001, Ebola virus. The current new coronavirus, and new variants, are just the beginning.
    In more than 200 countries in the world, almost only one China has adopted quarantine or strict epidemic prevention measures.
    The United Kingdom even said that everyone is waiting to die together, everyone gets sick, and those who survive have immunity. It is equivalent to taking the initiative to let people with poor resistance die.
    It's like Japan, in a difficult economic period, drove all the older people to the mountains to starve to death, so that other people could have food to eat and survive.

One day there will be a zombie-infested plague like an American TV series. In the end, the United States, Russia and other countries will kill tens of millions of people in order to compete for vaccines. Then use the vaccine to make money or control other countries.

PowerPoster

It took China only two months of quarantine to basically control the epidemic, while the US President and leaders at all levels spent a year arguing whether to allow masks to be worn.
    There are also many countries that are afraid of vaccination. In addition, some pharmaceutical factories have many problems with vaccines, and they have to sell them to their own countries and other countries at high prices. Unscrupulous for money.

The United States did not want to control the epidemic at the beginning, mainly because, if it were blocked, companies might make a lot of less money.
    Trump himself has opened many companies, with annual revenue of tens of hundreds of billions of dollars. If the income is reduced by 10%-30%, he may jump off the building.

Page 71 of 137 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121 ... LastLast