Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,440 of 2735

Thread: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

  1. #2401
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    The video that Dilettante posted showed that the company that made the drug said it wouldn't work. Now, they wouldn't be the ONLY one to profit if it works, because it's probably off patent (I haven't looked that up, but it sounds like it's been around for a LONG time, and patents don't last all that long), but they'd certainly be in line for a substantial boost to their profit if that worked...and yet they are the one pharma company that we KNOW to be disparaging it.

    For that reason, I don't think the people disparaging Ivermectin for a profit motive makes a whole lot of sense. The only one that we know stands to profit is also the only one we know to be disparaging it.

    However, you make a good point about conspiracies. Anybody who has paid even casual attention to history knows that conspiracies happen all the time. Profit may not be the single biggest source of conspiracies, but it's probably in the top two. The one I think is higher is 'saving face', but it's debatable.

    In this case, I just don't see it. Still, it technically IS a conspiracy theory when you state that you believe (a theory) there is an organized effort (a conspiracy) to create a certain outcome.

    I believe a situation arose where business could be done, and business was done. Whether it is vaccines (everybody and their brother seemed to be making one, and racing to get them out) or Ivermectin, there was business to be done, and the companies that got there first stand to make money (except that Merck dissed Ivermectin, so it's as if they don't want to make money).

    I think Sapator's kind of right. He's certainly right that the EU got the short end of the stick, and I'd say that they largely did it to themselves due to their failure of leadership. I'm not sure that vaccines went to the highest bidder, though. Certain countries (the US, in particular, but a few others, as well, like Israel) wrote contracts before there was anything to buy. We bought doses of every vaccine we thought promising, and held them longer than we really needed to. People could rightfully be upset with the US over that, in my opinion, but it was done anyways, and often by Trump, who very explicitly didn't care who was upset by anything he did. I'd say that the politics of last fall largely caused the events we are living through, today. In other words: Yesterday this days madness did prepare.

    As for the Chinese and Russian vaccines, they were VERY slow to perform solid stage III trials, and slow to publish the results. In the case of the Chinese vaccines, that seems to have been warranted, as they don't appear to be so effective. The sputnik vaccine is looking better. Of course, politics played a massive role in how those vaccines were distributed, and to who. Which mattered more, is a matter for debate.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  2. #2402
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    A "conspiracy" if you like, is how or why the covid escaped the Chinese labs, something that is questionable but I don't have a solid answer. Biological weapons or not, I can't be sure.
    Few people must know that. My guess is that it probably escaped.
    In my first post on this thread I had posted this article: https://nicholaswade.medium.com/orig...es-6f03564c038
    There is no conclusion (still), but it is quite clear that it was most probably from a lab, not nature.

  3. #2403
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    The video that Dilettante posted showed that the company that made the drug said it wouldn't work.
    Yes, they don't sell it any more (*), the patent that they had on the drug already expired and now it is a generic drug that anyone can produce.

    My guess is a mini conspiracy guessing the other labs making some favor to them (for not guessing paying cash) if they do this declaration. I don't know, anyway, if this lab is not marketing something else for covid.

    Guys, you can't see an elephant on a room.
    And every people is good, nobody is selfish, interested and of course nobody is evil. And everybody care about the other, and love the neighbor as themselves.
    And the princess and the prince lived happy together for ever and ever.
    And TV, newspapers, Youtube, Facebook and Tweeter always say the truth.

    (*) or may be they are, but who cares for a drug so cheap
    Last edited by Eduardo-; May 24th, 2021 at 07:55 PM.

  4. #2404
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    And more important: they don't say "we have proven that it has no effects".
    That is what the people understand and what they want them to understand, but what they actually say are things like: "the conducted experiments did not meed the scientific standards" and the scientific standards that they place as acceptable are not mentioned of something that they invent specifically for not accepting any of the experiments that were conducted.
    Possing any excuse like the control group was not equal to the experimental group.
    The group was too small (for any number of persons in the study).

    So, as the experiments did not meet the standards, they are totally useless, and "it is not proven that this drug helps at all". So, it does not help at all.

    And a year has past already and they never conducted an experiment themselves.
    Musts say something, or... OK, sleep well.

  5. #2405
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Yeah, you can read whatever you like into it. I live in the US, though, and the drug couldn't be used here, anyways without a special exemption. As I already pointed out, it is worse in every way than vaccines, and we have enough vaccines for everybody in this country, so that special exemption just wouldn't be happening. It would be absurd, at this point. What the situation is in the EU, I couldn't say, but it sounds pretty similar. I just don't know whether the drug agency over there has some exemption mechanism for off label uses of a drug. If not, then, yeah, this will only be used in developing countries, and you don't have to look very far for a reason: Bureaucracy. The normal approval process takes years, for everything. It takes years for rich companies, it takes years for small companies, it takes years for startups, it takes years for established companies. Nobody likes it, but then again, we sue for ANY mistake, so you kind of figure that would happen. You simply can't say, "here are a few studies that show what we want" and have it move anything.

    But there's another reason to doubt that drug: Trump pushed ANYTHING that showed any hint of promise, even if it would kill you. He didn't push this one, though.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  6. #2406
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Yeah, you can read whatever you like into it. I live in the US, though, and the drug couldn't be used here, anyways without a special exemption. As I already pointed out, it is worse in every way than vaccines, and we have enough vaccines for everybody in this country, so that special exemption just wouldn't be happening. It would be absurd, at this point.
    Tell me how many US citizen died of covid in the last year.
    Tell me how many could have been saved.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    What the situation is in the EU, I couldn't say, but it sounds pretty similar. I just don't know whether the drug agency over there has some exemption mechanism for off label uses of a drug. If not, then, yeah, this will only be used in developing countries, and you don't have to look very far for a reason: Bureaucracy. The normal approval process takes years, for everything.
    Like approving the vaccines you said? Ahhh, OK, it was an emergy approval because of the pandemic. Of course that doesn't apply to other drugs. See the incoherence?

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    It takes years for rich companies, it takes years for small companies, it takes years for startups, it takes years for established companies. Nobody likes it, but then again, we sue for ANY mistake, so you kind of figure that would happen. You simply can't say, "here are a few studies that show what we want" and have it move anything.
    OK, for the vaccines there is no risk since they are apporoved. LOL!

    They could had said something like "there was no time for exhaustive testing, but in preliminary studies it seems to help without having any severe side effect. Being said that, take it at your own risk".

    That would have been honest, and would had allowed to save many people lives.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    But there's another reason to doubt that drug: Trump pushed ANYTHING that showed any hint of promise, even if it would kill you. He didn't push this one, though.
    Trump was the best president of US in many years. That's why he had so many enemies. OK, his personality also played a role (against him), but that is unimportant.

  7. #2407
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Well if you really miss him that much, here's a May 2020 speech:



    See the comments on YouTube for the anti-Trump anti-vaxxer opinions.

  8. #2408
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    May be that I miss him, but my missing him may be for two minutes videos, no more.
    Is there any point that you want to put on the table?

  9. #2409
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I think the only point is that vaccine development was a high priority. Luckily it worked.

  10. #2410
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    3,274

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    i think the only point is that vaccine development was a high priority. Luckily it worked.
    ok.-

  11. #2411
    Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester uk
    Posts
    2,649

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post

    About this one, that the labs are discrediting medicines that they are not selling, is another one that it seems to me quite clear already.

    You can mock if you want, as I said: believe mass media and everything what governments and WHO says, if you want.
    I don't disbelieve everything that they say but try to investigate on my own.
    And my conclusion already is that they can't be trusted.
    I am not mocking you, just disagreeing. I certainly do not blindly just follow what my government says, I didn't vote for them. Also the WHO is not who I get my information from either or I would say most people do not.


    It is not only South Africa, there are like 100 countries already (a random number, an estimation).


    Now you you are saying that it works.

    About that the studies don't meet the standards, these are excuses, false claims. And there are hundreds of studies already all around the world.
    None of them meet the standards? Give me a break.
    Again I am saying that I personally dont know that it works or doesn't work for patents with Covid, there is real and reasonable disagreement between doctors as to its merits. As with any medicine it should go through proper clinical trials. Ivermectin has not gone though proper clinical trials to test whether to really works on covid patients.


    How can it be, that with almost an year and a half of this pandemic, all 2020 with every lab and every country trying to find a cure or something that helps to mitigate this, with many, many studies on Ivermectin that are showing that it works, no one institution that they believe can conduct a study that "meet the standards" was conducted, to say a definitive word regarding whether it works or not???
    Unbelievable.
    Its not unbelievable at all studies and trials done are not the kind of large scale clinical double blind trials with control groups that medicines have to go through, and should go through in order to be approved by regulators.

    Well, yes believable (at least for me), they won't a solution for the pandemic that they cannot make money.
    If course, that makes no sense to people that believe only in mass media, because politicians are all good, WHO has the most honest and qualified people and scientists in the world, and the labs want to save people lives and money is unimportant or a secondary goal for them.
    Ahh, and journalists never sell an article, but they are all honest and tell you always the truth and nothing but the truth.
    (About journalists , many must believe also things like Trump is a bad guy and things like that, because they don't escape the mass media bombing either)
    I find it interesting that the main focus is on the Pharma companies, the UK government has spent something like £9 Billion outsourcing our track and trace system to a private company, not only does the system not work, it the largest diversion of public money to the private sector in living memory and it was done with no tender process and contract was just given to a company with very long ties to the current Government.

    PPE contracts in the UK were given to any company who had the personal phone number of a cabinet minister, some companies got contract often worth £100s of millions who had no track record of ever supplying PPE. This is a scandal that we have evidence of !!!

    So yes I believe that there has been fraudulent activity during the pandemic, and I am sure that the Pharma companies are not whiter than white in this either, some of the testing contract are suspect also.

    What I think you need to separate though is private company actions, dodgy government contracts and medical regulator rules.

    I am sure the Medical regulators are not perfect, but the idea behind proper clinical trials being conducted before a drug is approved for use is a good one and one we should all be thankful is in place.


    I said nothing about vaccines, intentional lie or what?
    Ah well there are a lot of posters in this thread, you have intimated your thoughts about vaccines, others have said more so I should have chosen my words better
    Last edited by NeedSomeAnswers; May 25th, 2021 at 08:48 AM.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you



  12. #2412
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    Tell me how many US citizen died of covid in the last year.
    Tell me how many could have been saved.
    Just under 400,000
    0

    After all, you are assuming that people knew that this drug was safe and effective before anybody could possibly have known. It isn't clear even now, but there sure doesn't appear to be any evidence that Ivermectin was even suspected to be effective in time to have made any difference last year, even if knowledge transfer was perfect, and the information was correct. Basically, by the time this information began emerging, the US wasn't a reasonable location for it to work. We already had the vaccines.

    Like approving the vaccines you said? Ahhh, OK, it was an emergy approval because of the pandemic. Of course that doesn't apply to other drugs. See the incoherence?
    No, and neither do you. The vaccines got emergency approval...AFTER they had gone through stage III trials. Could Ivermectin have gone through stage III trials for this? Maybe, but when would that have been reasonably able to have been started?


    OK, for the vaccines there is no risk since they are apporoved. LOL!
    The risk is not determined by approval, the approval is dependent upon the risk. There is a chance that there is a long term impact that couldn't have been evaluated by the series of trials, which is why there was emergency approval. However, the mechanism by which vaccines work is so simple and well understood that it made it into an xkcd comic. So, yeah, they didn't wait for a year or two so that they could look for long-term, emerging, problems, but it's unlikely that they needed to.
    They could had said something like "there was no time for exhaustive testing, but in preliminary studies it seems to help without having any severe side effect. Being said that, take it at your own risk".
    They might be able to do that where you live, but not in the US.

    Trump was the best president of US in many years. That's why he had so many enemies. OK, his personality also played a role (against him), but that is unimportant.
    I've been opposed to Trump since the 80s. He's a con man and an appalling human being, and always has been. Nothing changed in that regard. But best president? What did he accomplish? Alienate all of our allies, cozy up to (and yet also manage to alienate) every autocrat around the world, and a tax cut that mainly went to the rich. Aside from that, what?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  13. #2413
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    They could had said something like "there was no time for exhaustive testing, but in preliminary studies it seems to help without having any severe side effect. Being said that, take it at your own risk."
    They might be able to do that where you live, but not in the US.
    True, but it sure would of made all the personal injury lawyers in the US very very happy if they did. lol

  14. #2414
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I've been opposed to Trump since the 80s. He's a con man and an appalling human being, and always has been. Nothing changed in that regard.
    You won't get any argument from me there. I thought it was nothing but a late-night comedy bit when I first heard he was running in the Primary campaign season. A reach and a kind of sick one at that.

    But little did I know how nasty the alternatives put up against would be, finally ending up being first Hillary Clinton and then Joe Biden.

    Shockingly Trump actually had a pretty decent track record in office despite the forces arrayed against him those four years. That didn't make him less of a clown though, making it all very difficult to reconcile. He pulled back on military aggression and deployments, he tried negotiating with long-alienated world leaders, he rationalized border and immigration policies, and took active steps to adjust to the post-Cold War era.

    All of that was opposed by the coastal colonialists who got rich off abusing the environment and working people at home and abroad. Now we're back in that fire as the current regime makes every effort to bring back the "good old days" of Reagan/Clintonomic globalism.

    Trump is gone though, so why is so much energy spent on fighting his ghost? The answer is that they know it was never about Trump, but about the people daring to defy the iron fist of the Cold War establishment. Why else were so many GOP luminaries so eager to jump up on the stage to support Joe Biden? He's their man.

  15. #2415
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Trump explicitly got rich off abusing the environment and working people at home and abroad. He didn't really care about the environment, to be fair, it was just something to plow under. But abusing working people was explicitly his business model.

    Also, suggesting that Biden, thus far, is bringing back Ragan/Clintonomic globalism is a pretty bizarre claim, considering those two were notable small government presidents, while Biden is attempting the most ambitious interventionist policy since FDR.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  16. #2416
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Here's something you might find more interesting than debating the aims and actions of Il Duce:



    Be careful to note the units involved or it won't make much sense. Those are daily vaccinations per 100 people.

  17. #2417
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    These videos normally start with a wacky comedy skit and usually end by resuming the skit after the main show. This time thee is only the opening skit though.



    Just watch the first 4 minutes if you don't care about the topic of discussion in the main show. Tedious? Well, yeah. But still funny and relevant to this thread.

  18. #2418
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    They don't have Bhutan on there. That's the most amusing vaccination story in the world.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  19. #2419
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Bhutan makes its appearance around 5:30 of the video.

  20. #2420
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I hadn't even noticed that it was a video. HA!!
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  21. #2421
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    .

  22. #2422
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Doesn't look like it from those articles. You got a political talk show host and a politician making an allegation with no proof and the head of the NIH denying it. Doesn't seem like much there.

    A lot of people are making various claims with no more than a hint of actual facts. I don't know where the virus originated, I'm waiting till there is some provable facts.

  23. #2423
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Says that it went trough and institution.
    Of course they will deny it, so, yeah I'm also waiting for more facts. If ti is true, you owe us a couple of billions.
    .

  24. #2424
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Hmm.
    Sorry my mistake I didn't search this thoroughly.
    He actually admitted it.

    https://nypost.com/2021/05/25/fauci-...n-of-function/

    "The National Institutes of Health earmarked $600,000 for the Wuhan Institute of Virology over a five-year period to study whether bat coronaviruses could be transmitted to humans, White House chief medical adviser Dr. Anthony Fauci told lawmakers Tuesday. "

    Nice, get you checkbooks ready!

    Now off to watch the football final, soccer for you.
    .

  25. #2425
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Who gives a rat's patoote?

    If COVID was created in a lab, then it got out by accident. The evidence is weak and circumstantial, though plausible, but what difference does it make?

    Frankly, I can't think of a useful reason. You suggest that somebody would pay money, which is the only rational reason to care, but it won't happen, so why bother? If there was human error, then China would...never admit it and never pay, so that's a dead end. So, what other point is there? Should we not study viruses? Should we go further and not study biology? As long as we do ANY research on things that could kill, accidents could happen, but that isn't an argument in favor of ignorance.

    Some people seem overly focused on this particular virus NOT arising naturally. That's insane. It's far from the worst virus/plague the human race has faced, it's just the first one that happened after we had gained enough technical capability that it was even possible for us to have created it. However, it wasn't the first one where people went looking for scapegoats. That seems to show up with every plague. My guess is that making it somebodies fault is done because the alternative scares the existential crap out of people, making ANY alternative better.

    It's pointless, though.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  26. #2426
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Who gives a rat's patoote?
    What's a rat's patoote??? Maybe I need one!!!!

    I care a little. I'm hoping they can prove it wasn't from a lab, just to stop the political aspect and stop all this conspiracy of China making biological weapons. Hell, there is already enough biological weapons to wipe out this world. But I doubt there could be enough evidence to placate everyone.

  27. #2427
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Wow!
    Did not expect that reaction. If you are frustrated I can stop, I see you(not all put most) are in denial on everything so it makes no difference to me.
    I was just trying to show info from your own Dr that you praised so much in the past.
    Here is you senator telling what I told a couple of weeks ago about the VAERS and covid vaccine killed more people than all the vaccines combined in 15 years but you where in denial also.
    So this time take it to USA committee not me

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSRmJ5eghvo

    Again if you want me to stop I don't have a problem. I don't want hard fellings here as I respect most of the people on the forum.
    Last edited by sapator; May 26th, 2021 at 05:34 PM.
    .

  28. #2428
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    The newest scam I'm seeing goes like "Over-prescribed and abused narcotic pain meds = Pharma bad = vax bad."

    I have no love for Big Pharma myself, but I can smell a scam.

    As far as I can tell there is nothing political in this, no matter how much some people want to paint it as such. I see as much (or more) of it from the self-styled "left" as the just as easily led "right." I believe that serious (non-humorous) anti-vax and anti-mask attitudes indicate something entirely different from political affiliation.

    I don't know what this is a symptom of. Many things are possible: education level, fear in a magical universe beyond understanding, anger at the world for being so much harsher than the womb, dog that has been beaten too many times?

  29. #2429
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    They probably should not have terrorized people in the first place.
    Saying that you will die a horrible death if you don't vax or use mask will create the opposite effect.
    Personally for that specific flue situation I don't feel the need to use either. Maybe I'm wrong maybe I'm right.
    Anyhow I'll be on vacation late next week so you will get rid of me for a while. Things are calming down anyhow now that is summer because the government want to attract tourism, so of course cases are dropping and all is well in wonderland. We will be start dying again in November so at least I have 4-5 month to enjoy summer before I kick the bucket.
    .

  30. #2430
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Here is you senator telling what I told a couple of weeks ago about the VAERS and covid vaccine killed more people than all the vaccines combined in 15 years but you where in denial also.
    No, that is a senator misrepresenting the facts, just as you are doing. I wont bother to explain what VAERS actually is again, if you were actually interested in the truth you would have researched it after the first time.

  31. #2431
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    22,486

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    What’s Causing Low COVID-19 Vaccine Uptake — Hesitancy, Lack of Access, or Both?

    This is about the U.S. and is over a month out of date, but I haven't seen anyone link to it yet.

    It has several charts by county showing vaccination levels and interest levels.

    Our research shows that of the 1,300+ counties with low vaccination rates, some are lagging behind because of general vaccine hesitancy, while lack of accessibility and supply constraints are slowing efforts in other counties. As such, there is no one-size-fits-all solution to increase vaccine rates across the U.S. In some counties, education and answering residents’ questions about the vaccines may help, while in others, mobile clinics and alternative ways to sign-up may increase vaccine access for residents.

  32. #2432
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Yes but why should we vaccinate now?
    It's summer, cases are dropping. It's a waste of mr.na(y) and human embryos abortion tissues.
    The funny thing here is that they showed, dropping rate cases of 1500 and 78 deaths, so now the death rates is 5,2% !! They are just lying to our faces now, they don't care.
    I won't bother to explain denial to webs4 again if you where actually interested you would have researched something on the opposite side.
    .

  33. #2433
    Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester uk
    Posts
    2,649

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Did not expect that reaction. If you are frustrated I can stop, I see you(not all put most) are in denial on everything so it makes no difference to me.
    Again if you want me to stop I don't have a problem. I don't want hard fellings here as I respect most of the people on the forum.
    While I cant speak for Shaggy, I can say that I am not offended by anything you have said on this thread and I would bet he feel the same. Your a well known voice on the forum, while I wouldn't pretend to know you, I have met Funky a couple of times and he tells me you are a nice guy.

    I do agree with Shaggy though this focus on Covid's origins has been highly politicised from the start. For example in England we have a variant of Covid which originated here, do we call it the English variant ??? No we call it the Kent variant and I am absolutely sure we do that as we do not want to associate out country with the Covid any more than necessary, so we give it he name of a local area to minimise the link.

    The variant that originated in India though, we dont call that the Mumbai variant or Delhi variant no thats the Indian Variant !!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you



  34. #2434
    Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester uk
    Posts
    2,649

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    One thing I read a lot about Covid is that scientist across the world say that its not an engineered virus as you would be able to tell when you did the genetic sequencing, the idea that it escaped form a lab while not impossible seems unlikely.

    The news that the lab in Wuhan was studying coronavirus's is nothing new, we knew that information last year at the time there were Australian scientists working at the lab who have spoke since to the Australian media about it once they had returned home and they said that the lab was not working or looking at new novel coronavirus's but existing ones like SARS.

    What we do know as fact is that Coronavirus's in general have broken out in Asia much more frequently in recent years as countries like China build more cities over the countryside and we encroach on the natural habitats of animals including bats.

    We have had two Coronavirus's that we know of in MERS and SARS that occurred this way, many biologist have been warning of there dangers and that fact that it was only a matter of time before a more transmissible virus got out.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you



  35. #2435
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,705

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Who gives a rat's patoote?
    You say patoote, I say potato.

    Although most of the articles around the lab in Wu Han don't state it explicitly, they all try to imply that the Chinese were trying to weaponize the virus. They imply that the Chinese were essentially running a biological weapons program. It's easy (and fashionable) to portray the Chinese as the next evil empire and this is all part of that trope. I know people who are even claiming that the Chinese deliberately released the virus as a form of economic warfare against the West... which makes releasing it in your own country first seem like pretty strange decision.

    This is, of course, total crap. The Wu Han lab studies a number viruses, just as labs in the West do, because it's really useful to have as much knowledge as possible just in case... ooh, I don't... a worldwide epidemic breaks out! Why would we not help finance that?

    There's much to criticise about the China (or the Chinese government, really) but the whole "Chinese Virus" thing is a bunch of crap meant to pander (or panda) to cheap xenophobia.


    I have met Funky a couple of times and he tells me you are a nice guy
    He joined me for a kebab... and the Greeks REALLY know their way round a kebab. As contributions to the world go, the Greek kebab is second only to democracy. How could I not think he was a good guy after that
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; May 27th, 2021 at 05:16 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  36. #2436
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Meat...on a stick. It's an amazing thing.

    I agree with Dilettante that anti-vaxx is neither left nor right. Of course, I've also said a few times that the political spectrum is not a straight line, it is curved, like a horseshoe. The tips are closer to one another than they are to the middle.

    We have seen numerous viruses jump from animals to people (AIDS, Ebola, SARS, to name some recent ones). We can either study the viruses circulating in the world, or we can cover our eyes and whistle past that graveyard. I prefer the former, but it certainly does have risks. The viruses don't care what we do, they'll jump or they won't, we could speed up that jump, but we can't stop that jump.

    If the virus was being weaponized...well, they learned how well that worked. Still, I thought it was fairly well understood that a few countries have looked into weaponizing biological weapons (the US and old USSR, to name a couple). Such things have not been used, and it seems likely that they will not be. It's kind of like setting off a hand grenade, it's kind of random.

    Anyways, everybody in my family got the vaccine. LOADS of my colleagues got the virus, but not me. Guess the fears of the vaccine were overblown, since the virus was worse.

    I'm also leaving on 'vacation' in a couple days. This will be a bit different, for me, as I'm carrying a computer with a cell phone. I may even be able to get online a few times. The reason for all this weight is that I'm biking rather than hiking. A bike can carry extra weight without me noticing it nearly as much as when it's on my back. The trip will be somewhere in the vicinity of 1,000 miles, but exactly how far remains to be seen.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  37. #2437
    Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Manchester uk
    Posts
    2,649

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    He joined me for a kebab... and the Greeks REALLY know their way round a kebab. As contributions to the world go, the Greek kebab is second only to democracy. How could I not think he was a good guy after that
    Hmmm Kebabssssssssssss
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you



  38. #2438
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,718

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Anyways, everybody in my family got the vaccine. LOADS of my colleagues got the virus, but not me. Guess the fears of the vaccine were overblown, since the virus was worse.
    The news media does overblow things on a daily basis in an effort to increase viewership. Think we're getting close to 40%, doesn't sound very good but most of the other 60% are young people. At least by now all older and vulnerable people that want the vaccine have had a chance. The main thing that worries me about the people that don't get vaccinated is the larger that number is the larger the opportunity the virus has to mutate. It's not a major worry but it does increase the odds of another pandemic. We may have to be dealing with this virus for many year but there just isn't enough information available at this point to know.

  39. #2439
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    5,994

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Your always welcome here Funky. We have some "business" left with that meatball mania in Glifada city
    Of course anyone else is welcome here.

    Although kebabs are good my favorite is Greek Souvlaki aka pork meat on a stick and some cold beer that I will be enjoying at the cottage house after a swim in the sea in a couple of days.
    As I've stated before am not really at biking or hiking but more on swimming. You can sweat all you want with swimming and never feel the sweat , although we have a lot of beautiful mountains and dirt roads for such activities, I prefer to be on zero altitude.
    .

  40. #2440
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,246

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I like swimming, as well...in the right place. The 'natural' waters out here are nasty. I'm not quite sure what the source of the nasty is, as there are several natural sources as well as man-made sources. Lots of agriculture in the area, lots of cows, too, and the desert soils create a very fine sediment that hangs in the water forever making it milky and opaque. Have to get to the mountains for clear water, and that water is generally pretty doggone cold. When I was growing up in New Hampshire, the swimming was better. Here, it is mostly in pools, where the chlorine will mess with your hair pretty well over time. I still swim a fair amount, it's just not the same.

    If you live at zero altitude, anything else is a bit...breathtaking. If you live at 10,000', then travel to zero altitude, you can feel super for a time. I'm kind of in the middle. Not high enough to feel any different at zero altitude, but high enough that 10,000' doesn't totally wipe me out.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Page 61 of 69 FirstFirst ... 115158596061626364 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width