Page 64 of 137 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,560 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

King of sapila

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

I prefer to trust doctors not opinions, no disrespect.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

42 degrees tomorrow.
    I will have to be in Athens so this will probably feel like 48 or 50.
    The 150 Euros bonus made the opposition parties to react. That is a first. Since most of the opposition are the same slugs born out of a pocket clock. So I think they have gone far enough this time.

King of sapila

So the numbers from Greece came out today.
    Even if they where initially wrote even a banana slip death as a covid accident, still the numbers show that, it is what it is.
    Total 12.682 deaths of 10mil population, 95.2% over 70 or and with some serious medical issue.

https://eody.gov.gr/wp-content/uploa...t-20210624.pdf

Now the real numbers is half give or take, so 6000 deaths give or take on 10millions, do the math.

PowerPoster

I prefer to trust doctors not opinions, no disrespect.
    Not really, or you would be vaccinated. The vast majority of doctors support vaccination.

King of sapila

Quality over quantity and propaganda.

Bild says sorry for the kids lock down propaganda.The river starts swarming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C1uWsLrhfg

PowerPoster

We had 5 to 7 inches of rain over the weekend here, depending on precise location. Quite a few tornados and storm winds with some damage but not too much serious damage. Now rain just started up again. 84F but quite humid. At least it isn't air conditioning time here yet.

I heard Greece has begun bribing up the fearful to get vaccinated. Young people can get a live chicken or even up to $180 worth of Euro on some e-wallet thing, older people are told to suck wind.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Quality over quantity and propaganda.
    Only if you evaluate quality by whether or not they say what you want to hear. The vast majority of the best doctors support vaccinations so long as you evaluate them on effectiveness, or bedside manners, or something like that. If you evaluate them on whether or not they are opposed to vaccinations, then the vast majority will underperform your expectations.

As for the bit about opinion, what opinion are you talking about? If you know anything about the mechanism of evolution, whether in biology, genetic algorithms, or anything else, you know that what I stated was a simple fact. After all, no reproduction, no variation....unless you are a fan of Lamarkism, but that's been debunked for centuries (except that epigenetics makes it sometimes kind of true, but that's irrelevant for an RNA virus). What that person was probably trying to get across was the idea that vaccines add a selective pressure that could give rise to variants that can evade it. That's basic natural selection, but it is STILL due to reproduction, not the vaccines, and we all know that because of all the variants that popped up before vaccines showed up. Natural selection is happening with or without vaccines. Vaccines have the potential to change the selection criteria in a significant way. To date, there's no suggestion that they have, since that would be incredibly obvious to everybody (at least to everybody in countries with high rates of vaccination), but the potential is still there.

Also, while vaccines have the potential to change the selection criteria, the change is just as likely to be beneficial as detrimental. In fact, it seems to me that the mRNA vaccines (Pfizer and Moderna) are more likely to change the selection criteria to select for less virulent, or even harmless, variants, but not yet. They might do so in a few years, or not, depending on how things go.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

Cool Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

OK I'll give you the benefit of a doubt, as I may have not read this correctly.
    But Mr.nay inventor link I posted says what it says. I don't have to know anything about mechanism of evolution, that is not my job and if I try to integrate it is probable that wrong conclusions would be adverted. I read the doctors and epidemiologists, I stay away from TV doctor experts when I already have seen that they are in part with medical companies and get funding. I avoid the vaccine like the plague as it is written as "conditional" by Global Health Organization.
    When they try to terrorize people with Delta variant but it's same or less dangerous than the previous (p.e. UK death rate maps, they are the same and lowering) I try mark the "doctors" that lie. I try to give links for almost everything I read so my conscience is clean. Tried to "protect" people from doing the experimental vaccine but you went ahead and zombified anyhow, so I talk about the sea and parties trying to make your remaining days as humans as fun as possible.

Edit.What does the lower icons do?...Let me check...Ahh,OK.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

I heard Greece has begun bribing up the fearful to get vaccinated. Young people can get a live chicken or even up to $180 worth of Euro on some e-wallet thing, older people are told to suck wind.
    Not chicken, lamp or pork. We are more on that. Yes I was told to suck wind as I'm over 25. I would be happy to vaccinate with with an anti tetanus or a common flu vaccine for 150 Euros, or 100 Euros but they said only the experimental ones. This is so funny, everyone is bashing the government. But why?! They give away free money to guinea pigs,eeerr people.

PowerPoster

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

Even with Calfornia's... "curated" figures they can no longer hide the trend either. One low-rank worker at the CDC got reprimanded for comparing them to China and North Korea. LOL

It appears that in the U.S. the variants have begun to ramp up transmission and cases across the South and West. Much of the East and North already burned through that months ago and now enjoy relative normalcy.

We have no lockdowns in my area and recently businesses stopped requiring masks, even though the rules in effect permit them to if they choose to. Right now you see very few masks unless you go to health care services, which still require masks.

We have some Delta popping in sporadically, but for the time being it remains rare. I doubt that will continue for long.

King of sapila

IT would be nice to have Delta, it's less dangerous. Looks like even with the vaccination, nature is trying to find a way and "tune down" the covid dangerness.
    Fortunately the non vaccinated will receive the less dangerous versions of the virus and will have natural immunity while the vaccinated will become zombie, as we have said again.

Now a lesson about those ignorant that just spout out Greek letters for the variations and they don't know nothing about them.
    This is the genesis of the language and writing so read this, it will educate you.

Alpha:The first exclamation of human when born
    Beta: The beee of lamps or the roar of wind (voi aka Βοή)
    Gamma: From birth "Genna:
    Delta time: Shape of tree, or and power - force or and thump noise. Now when anyone says Delta force you can tell them that it's a repetition of the same.
    Epsilon:Put in motion, or the plain Heeeey!
    Zeta: Life "zoi"
    Eta: Light or virtue
    Theta:Noise or view or God "Theos"
    Iota:Movement,guidance,hold, from "IO" aka coming to.
    Kappa: KAKKAAA from chicken or and state and or circle
    Lambda: Bright "Lambros"
    Mi: From mimimi (aka please don't) or and mother or and learning
    Ni: Mind "Nous", reside or "Nemo" "dianemo" deliver
    Xcii ,Xsi, you don't have that, from scratching "Ksinomai"
    Omicron: From the shape of home or sky
    Pi: From breath "pnoi", sea, city
    Rho: Movement , flow, rhythm - your "R"
    Sigma:Shake, sign, spot
    Taf, thaf, how you write that: Hitting something like rock for mining "tipou"
    Ipsilon, your Y letter: from "YO" pouring rain. A rolling thunder pouring raiiin...
    Phy or Fi , your F: From the sound a man makes to light fire "ffff" and or nature "Fishis", or me doing "ffff" when you praise vaccines.
    Xi: From Xaxaxa or xixixi laugh, joy
    Psi: From "psaeuin" touch and or psin "rub lightly"
    Omega: from double oo that represent infinity, maximum space , the sky.

It was uncalled for but Shaggy brought science terms, now eat etymology terms and blame him
    Last edited by sapator; Jun 28th, 2021 at 06:50 PM.

PowerPoster

The CDC says the Delta variant makes up around 10% of new cases in the U.S. That may not seem like a lot, but it’s spreading quickly and seems like it could be deadlier than the original COVID strain.
    “This variant is more transmissible, which means it’s going to spread really fast,” Ali said. “We would probably in the next few weeks see that this variant would become dominant and the reason for that is because our behavior is changing. Secondly, it is more transmissible,” Ali said.

Not only is it spreading fast, but the Delta variant is also considered more dangerous. It’s causing more severe sickness and hitting younger people particularly hard.
    Dangerous Delta COVID variant has Midstate public health leaders intensifying vaccine push

King of sapila

UK Delta variant charts show the same of less deaths so...

PowerPoster

Yes, but of course they've also been vaccinating for a while now.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

When they try to terrorize people with Delta variant but it's same or less dangerous than the previous (p.e. UK death rate maps, they are the same and lowering)
    IT would be nice to have Delta, it's less dangerous. Looks like even with the vaccination, nature is trying to find a way and "tune down" the covid dangerness.
    You keep saying this when its just not true, its not less dangerous, trying to use the UK deaths maps to make your point is really weird as about 90% of the country now has had 1 dose of the vaccine and 50% 2 doses and it is the level of vaccination that is providing some protection against the Delta variant, and is breaking or slowing the link between cases and deaths.

If you look at India where the Delta variant first occurred, and where they have poor vaccination numbers the Delta Variant has been killing people at a much higher rate than the initial virus
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

King of sapila

OK guys, no problem.
    It's more dangerous, use masks and vaccinate.

King of sapila

Cyprus to use bracelets on not vaccinated:
    Cyprus will use security bracelets on non vaxed. Rumors has it that non vax are now barking instead of speaking. There is also reports of cats gone wild chasing dogs.
    So If you are in Cyprus, you know what to do. Bark,Bark,Bark!!

Sex issues on vaxed and non vaxed couples:
    Sex issues reported on vaxed and non vaxed couples. Many people that have half vaccinated are trying to get the vax out in order to have sex.
    They are using the suck suck spit technique. Suck suck spit, suck suck spit. We have seen lot's of incidents where the other part got vaccinated while the vax part managed to spit the vax out. So everyone is going suck,suck,spit now. Queen made lawsuits to many couples claiming fragmentation rights as this reminds the we will rock you theme. "Suck suck spit, suck suck,spit"

Vax deaths due to nurses fault.
    People that got vax and died are mostly victim of nurses. We have reports of nurses stubbing the vaccine needle in the heart multiple times just to be sure and others letting air bubbles before the spill. There was also a case of stubbing in the eye by accident, 12 times. The nurse was the wife of the victim.

People with allergies carefully tested before vaccination:
    News reported that people with allergies will be tested before vaccination.Namely, they will be fed nuts, lactose milk, release 1000 bees on them and 100 medusas,get electrocuted and burned with a flamethrower. If they are still have no allergies then they can vaccinate, if, they are alive.

Delta mutation turning people to zombies.
    Reports of Zombie packs running around crazy eating brains on vaccinated people emerged. Vaccinated people suggest either to use the suck suck spit technique to remove the vax or disguise to look uvaccinated and scream vaaaaxxxxxxs, vaxxxxxxxsss.

Vaccinated people can fart as much as they like.
    News report said that vaccinated people can now fart as they want as they virus is now inactive. Non vaccinated people, if they want to sound the horn, must be directed to the nearest fart center and provide the noise to their given plastic bags. The bags will be held for a fireworks festivity sometime in July.

Greek government to bride babes to vaccinate.
    Greek gov, after giving 150 Euros to 18-25 ages will be targeting babies. The gift would be candy,lollipop and milk. There are also rumors of new diapers but that is not confirmed just yet. Will keep you posted

Not chicken, lamp or pork.
    Eating lamps is hard on your teeth, even though it is considered a light meal.

Cyprus to use bracelets on not vaccinated:
    Cyprus will use security bracelets on non vaxed. Rumors has it that non vax are now barking instead of speaking. There is also reports of cats gone wild chasing dogs.
    So If you are in Cyprus, you know what to do. Bark,Bark,Bark!!

Sex issues on vaxed and non vaxed couples:
    Sex issues reported on vaxed and non vaxed couples. Many people that have half vaccinated are trying to get the vax out in order to have sex.
    They are using the suck suck spit technique. Suck suck spit, suck suck spit. We have seen lot's of incidents where the other part got vaccinated while the vax part managed to spit the vax out. So everyone is going suck,suck,spit now. Queen made lawsuits to many couples claiming fragmentation rights as this reminds the we will rock you theme. "Suck suck spit, suck suck,spit"

Vax deaths due to nurses fault.
    People that got vax and died are mostly victim of nurses. We have reports of nurses stubbing the vaccine needle in the heart multiple times just to be sure and others letting air bubbles before the spill. There was also a case of stubbing in the eye by accident, 12 times. The nurse was the wife of the victim.

People with allergies carefully tested before vaccination:
    News reported that people with allergies will be tested before vaccination.Namely, they will be fed nuts, lactose milk, release 1000 bees on them and 100 medusas,get electrocuted and burned with a flamethrower. If they are still have no allergies then they can vaccinate, if, they are alive.

Delta mutation turning people to zombies.
    Reports of Zombie packs running around crazy eating brains on vaccinated people emerged. Vaccinated people suggest either to use the suck suck spit technique to remove the vax or disguise to look uvaccinated and scream vaaaaxxxxxxs, vaxxxxxxxsss.

Vaccinated people can fart as much as they like.
    News report said that vaccinated people can now fart as they want as they virus is now inactive. Non vaccinated people, if they want to sound the horn, must be directed to the nearest fart center and provide the noise to their given plastic bags. The bags will be held for a fireworks festivity sometime in July.

Greek government to bride babes to vaccinate.
    Greek gov, after giving 150 Euros to 18-25 ages will be targeting babies. The gift would be candy,lollipop and milk. There are also rumors of new diapers but that is not confirmed just yet. Will keep you posted
    What in the world are you talking about? I usually at least understand what you are trying to say, but not with this whole post.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I have the urge to laugh and groan. lol

King of sapila

What in the world are you talking about? I usually at least understand what you are trying to say, but not with this whole post.
    Yes!
    That was the point. Success!

Err, it was supposed to be a mediocre funny post, err, but, err no one laughed so...Mmmm, errrr. Maybe if I jump out of a covid vaccine...Hmm..

PowerPoster

Yes!

Err, it was supposed to be a mediocre funny post, err, but, err no one laughed so...Mmmm, errrr. Maybe if I jump out of a covid vaccine...Hmm..
    I laughed, for once I was sure you were joking.

King of sapila

Oh, good. My ego as a comedian just went back to it's place. One tip from the bottom.

The Idiot

PowerPoster

I've seen that guy's videos.

There are two groups of antimasker/antivaxxers... I'll call them "Aunties": the irrational right and the loonie left. The left might have a higher density of them but their pitches tend to be more hot glue and pine cones on driftwood than the better financed slick (though comically so) productions from the right.

Identity politics is a terrible thing. I don't know why they let it lead them to die together on this particular hill. If they climbed to the top of their sides they'd bump heads. One coin, two faces.

But this guy's videos have so much nonsense in them you can hardly winnow out the few grains of wheat among the chaff. Just another Lord Haw-Haw.

The Idiot

Im amazed that a programmer doesn't have a critical mind.
    no matter who we listen to, we should have a critical mind, but not only to the talker but also to our selves.
    the video tells about how the virus can mutate and adapt "faster and stronger" because of the non-sterilized vaccines.
    maybe, just maybe all the mutations we have are because of the vaccinations, where the virus (theres no mind here) gives the chance to change and mutate.

even so, this doesn't change the facts that covid is dangerous to people. and old and sick and the unfortunates perish because of it.
    but another fact is that vaccines can be a double-sword attack, both helping and creating more problems. this should be discussed.

when, and I say when did we have a world when governments are only about truth, honesty and for everyone's safe? never.
    theres always a agenda, theres always greed and money and power.

but here, its like most people are blind and only want to listen to one side without having a grain of sense and critical mind.
    this doesn't change any facts, and why do we need a black & white reasoning? the spectrum of truth and information is very colorful and all aspects and perspectives should be thoughts about.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Reproduction causes mutations
    I've been doing my best to create my own XMen but sadly no Wolverine yet.

I'm afraid my critical mind dismissed what he was saying an 0:45 when he said "This is an anecdote so take it for what it's worth" and then proceeded to build an argument on it.
    Last edited by FunkyDexter; Jul 1st, 2021 at 03:12 AM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    maybe, just maybe all the mutations we have are because of the vaccinations, where the virus (theres no mind here) gives the chance to change and mutate.
    Mutations occur due to reproduction flaws.

Vaccination is meant to train your immune system to fight a virus, preventing it from reproducing in large volume.

The "old and sick" argument is obsolete because the new variants go after anyone and even those younger are now filling up medical facilities. Many older people have already been vaccinated, which actually gives them an advantage for now.

King of sapila

Today I'm at the company. The vacc is 50 - 50 but everyone uses masks.
    Right now I'm at my desk with the mask off and there are 2 vac people here with their mask off also.
    It'a "corridor mask" situation.
    I was in luck because Athens has 37 degrees today while my vacation place has 45 today!!!!!!

The Idiot

so, dilettante is an expert, while Dr Geert Vanden Bossche, https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/
    is just a nobody. why listen to him, better listen to dilettante as he has the answer to everything.

no matter who we listen to, we should have a critical mind, but not only to the talker but also to our selves.
    the video tells about how the virus can mutate and adapt "faster and stronger" because of the non-sterilized vaccines.
    I amazed that you appear to have a non critical mind when it comes to this video and seem to take it at face value. There is so much nonsense in it i dont know where to start.

Critical thinking is not were you give both sides of an argument exactly the same weight in every situation. To take this to extremis, If someone tried to argue that Gravity did not exist I am sure you would give it less weight that the person saying it does exist because there is both reason and evidence backing up one of those positions.

If some one want to provide facts or reasonable interpretation of data on the vaccines I am happy to listen, if someone wants to be alarmist and present no facts then why would I?

Sapator has provided far more reasoned arguments than this guy !!!
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

while Dr Geert Vanden Bossche, https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/
    is just a nobody. why listen to him
    The real question is why do you single him out of all the doctors and virologists as being THE person to listen to? is it because you already agreed with him and he has validated you own opinion?

The Idiot

another expert, I see.

its not that we have a nobody, that person works with vaccine and research.
    of course Im talking about Dr Geert Vanden Bossche, as he is the source of discussion. and not about the guy that talks about him, he just makes a "summary"
    if you want to read more in-depth, just go to his site.

Im amazed with how narrow minded you are.
    even if Geert is wrong about his thesis, its still serious matters.
    if theres just one tiny bit of truth of what he is saying. its important that this is known to try to prevent the virus to mutate into something even more dangerous.

if your source is always one sided, how can you know if that side is the right one?
    to be able to find the right path, you need to have 2 sides, and analyze what both are saying. thats the critical mind.
    a closed-mind will only listen to one side and cover his ears from the other.

edit: and no, I never take one side and believe its the right one. but I for me its important to give perspective.
    in history, always the "few" with new thoughts and ideas where the one that changed the world, not the many that didnt want to change.
    you think that "the majority wins". without thinking that its not just about science, its about politics.
    to go against, its not easy, this could put his career in jeopardy.
    Last edited by baka; Jul 1st, 2021 at 03:53 AM.

Fanatic Member

Video for strong stomachs.
    I'm putting this up for informational purposes only.

"Sen. Ron Johnson with families on adverse reactions to COVID vaccine | FOX6 News Milwaukee"

Yes!

We have covered this before...you question people don't have a sense of humor. There is a saying that if you have to explain you are joking, you are not funny
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

I thought you were brighter than that. I'm shocked at such a poor pun. A more enlightened person would have done better. You definitely didn't shine on this one.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    We have covered this before...you question people don't have a sense of humor. There is a saying that if you have to explain you are joking, you are not funny
    Actually I'm question my own ability for making jokes but I think that is what you imply.

I'm in Athens but I'm getting back on vacation late next week, my diet at vacation is swim,pizza,swim,pork souvlaki,swim spaghetti and meatballs, beer,beer,beer.
    So I'm forced to swim a lot else it's fatty fat fat time!

another expert, I see.
    I never claimed to be an expert in virology but I am versed enough in science and in how vaccines work to understand when someone is making a genuine argument and when they are not.

its not that we have a nobody, that person works with vaccine and research.
    of course Im talking about Dr Geert Vanden Bossche, as he is the source of discussion. and not about the guy that talks about him, he just makes a "summary"
    if you want to read more in-depth, just go to his site.
    I did read up on him, and I did listen to some of what he had to say, my problem with him is he wasn't presenting evidence or data and saying look at these studies or trials that I have carried out, almost all his claims are unsupported.

Just having a PHD does not make your claim true, you need to back it up with evidence and he hasn't.

Im amazed with how narrow minded you are.
    even if Geert is wrong about his thesis, its still serious matters.
    if theres just one tiny bit of truth of what he is saying. its important that this is known to try to prevent the virus to mutate into something even more dangerous.
    I am not narrow minded at all, opinionated sure, but aren't we all?

if your source is always one sided, how can you know if that side is the right one?
    to be able to find the right path, you need to have 2 sides, and analyze what both are saying. thats the critical mind.
    a closed-mind will only listen to one side and cover his ears from the other.
    Your making assumptions here you dont know me at all, I am generally sceptical I am happy to look at both sides to an argument. I may not always agree with people but thats fine.

What I will repeat though is if one side of an argument has data and analysis to support its claims and the other does not, then to change my mind I want to see actual data or facts to back up the other sides positions.

I understand the concerns at least of those who believe there isn't enough data or they think that the vaccine development was rushed. I may not agree with them but I get those arguments.

This guy though make a bunch of claims without evidence to back him up, and the whole thing about mutation, well the Virus mutates that is part of how it operates and we do have clear evidence that it mutates quicker when allowed to spread unchecked. You only have to look at the fact that most concerning variants have occurred in South Africa, India and Brazil all countries which have let the Virus spread.

Some questions I have for you,

are you sceptical of vaccines in general or just the ones that have been created for coronavirus?

we have a number of different vaccines created by different countries, some that use the same approaches that we have used for a very long time and some using a new approach, do you have a problem with all of them the same?
    Last edited by NeedSomeAnswers; Jul 6th, 2021 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    so, dilettante is an expert, while Dr Geert Vanden Bossche, https://www.geertvandenbossche.org/
    is just a nobody. why listen to him, better listen to dilettante as he has the answer to everything.
    Dilettante is right in what he said, and yes, I probably do qualify as an expert on evolutionary issues considering all the work I've done with that aspect of biology.

Vaccinations don't cause mutations. There is a way that vaccinations could make it appear that it aids the spread of a mutant strain, and the discussion around that could be quite lengthy, but the bottom line is: The most common, fastest spreading, and most dangerous, variants showed up before vaccines existed, so suggesting that vaccines caused them requires a total abdication of logic.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I thought you were brighter than that. I'm shocked at such a poor pun. A more enlightened person would have done better. You definitely didn't shine on this one.
    I wasn't sure which type of lamp, and have some strange views about lamps, so you might say it was due to eccentric, eclectic, electric, electivity.

Page 64 of 137 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774114 ... LastLast