Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast
Results 2,441 to 2,480 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

A sort of "round up" on conspiracy theories around the pandemic. For example the faux "hazards" of certain vaccines, "natural origins" of SARS-COV-2, and strong probability of "official" disinformation efforts:

PowerPoster

sh,

Every time you talk about where you live I get a different picture. lol

Modesto is at 89'. But still we have plenty of good natural water swimming places. Three good sized rivers, several reservoirs and some very nice lakes a few miles away in the foothills. Thank goodness the summers here can be brutal. A/C makes it a nice place to live. Never lived in a place with A/C till I was 16, don't know how I survived, it would kill me now. lol

PowerPoster

We're lucky over here. We have a ton of lakes and rivers in addition to the Great Lakes:

Great Lakes Water Quality

While things are far from perfect due to population concentration, industrialization, agriculture, and over-fishing there are always efforts to reign those things in and regain a measure of control to reverse some of the adverse change.

It's nice to have such large bodies of water and a mix of white sand and rocky shoreline. Waves and currents can get too dangerous for swimming and other activities at times, but there is still a lot of opportunity for swimming, boating, diving, and fishing. At least in the Summer.

No salt to crust your skin, no real predators or other animal hazards. Well, aside from exotics like those Snakehead Fish. But those never got a foothold, and seem to be a more likely problem elsewhere such as California and Arkansas.

Visitors are often shocked when they get to the shoreline and it dawns on them that they can't see to the other side. They hear "lake" and imagine something entirely different.

Wild Beauty on the Lake Superior Shore has some photos of this National Lakeshore park. Sadly it is less adventurous now because of development to open it up. That does let more people enjoy it (from their giant SUVs bearing handicapped plates, no need to hike in any more) but it is still remote enough that crowds are rare.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I like swimming, as well...in the right place. The 'natural' waters out here are nasty. I'm not quite sure what the source of the nasty is, as there are several natural sources as well as man-made sources.
    Well if everywhere you go to swim it's funky... then there's a common thread there... ... I know correlation isn't causation, but sometimes...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

King of sapila

We are lucky enough to have the best seas in Greece.
    I can't really describe the feeling but if you've been here you would know.
    Where I go for vacation, it's not one of the top seas but it very good. There is 0 altitude there but where I general stay in Athens, I got Lycabettus hill that is 300 meters top altitude so it's kinda high and low depending on the season and whether I'm working or I'm on vacation or on Covitation.
    We got 35-37 degrees the last few days but now it will come down to 28 and will rise again next Friday at 32-34 so I think I will leave pre or post weekend to avoid the traffic.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

You can find nice places to be away from home nearly anywhere.

King of sapila

Depends.
    If you live in p.e. Brazil Favelas then everything looks heavenly elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Well if everywhere you go to swim it's funky... then there's a common thread there... ... I know correlation isn't causation, but sometimes...

-tg
    Well, I....resemble that remark.

Idaho is an odd state. The geography is odd, too. There's a narrow valley along the southern part of the state, which is where I (and most of the people in the state) live. That's a desert because the mountains on three sides wring the moisture out of the clouds. The desert soils are some kind of crazy clay. You can't even walk out there when it rains, because the stuff turns into a bizarre combination of grease and glue. Your feet get heavier and heavier as the mud builds up on your shoes, yet you also are slipping all over the place.

Still, it's a narrow valley. North of there are some of the most spectacular mountains in the country, so a bunch of ads get filmed up there, especially in the Sawtooths, because of the rugged mountain backdrop, which has snowfields at all times of the year. Certified 100% scenic.

The water in the mountains is all you could ask for. The water in the valley...is not what anybody would ask for, except that the drinking water is quite excellent, because it comes from the mountains, or from wells drawing water up from where it sunk into the ground...in the mountains. We barely get a winter, but we can drive to winter if we want some. We get a ferociously hot and dry summer...and we can't escape it because the mountains are on fire during the summer.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Yeah, I came up from hi-way 80 to Twin Falls, lots of desert. But from Twin Falls to West Yellowstone was a nice drive. Lot of large green fields (guessed it was potatoes, does that make me a racist???). I enjoyed it.

PowerPoster

It might have been that other big Idaho crop: rapeseed. Though much of the year those fields are yellow.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It might have been that other big Idaho crop: rapeseed. Though much of the year those fields are yellow.
    This was early June, just saw the fields from the road, seems be a short leafy plant.

King of sapila

Some photos of where I'll be staying in a few days.

http://vasiliko.weebly.com/phiomegat...lonsigma1.html

You can see how much coastline there is on the first photo.
    The vertical road, a couple of meters upwards, in the photo with Honda bike is where I live.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Well if everywhere you go to swim it's funky... then there's a common thread there
    I assure you I have nothing to do with it...
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

We grow a huge amount of mint, around me. Smells pretty nice, really. Lots of sugar beets, too, which don't smell like much of anything, to me. A bit further west there are lots of onions. They smell like onions. They tend to migrate towards the packing plants in the fall, at which time there are lots of car-onion interactions, which don't end well for the onions. We end up with dead onions smooshed all over the road. It smells kind of pungent when a large flock gets hit on the highway. The sugar beets also migrate, but drivers prefer to avoid them, as they tend to be large and hard, so they can do some damage to cars.

PowerPoster

Piles of harvested sugar beets awaiting processing. Yeah, I've been to Saginaw. Not a great smell.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Piles of harvested sugar beets awaiting processing. Yeah, I've been to Saginaw. Not a great smell.
    That's for sure. There was a sugar beet processing plant in our arear. What a bad smell.

There's one in the town I live in, but it's a long ways north of me, so the wind has to be just right for me to smell it....well, actually, it pretty much has to be winter with an inversion such that there is no wind, and no air circulation.

When I lived just outside of Omaha, there was a rendering plant ... most of the time, the winds blew the smell to the east, out towards Iowa.... but occasionally it would blow north or west into town, but the worst were the hot muggy summers with no wind, when the smell would just fill up the area... gross... they finally got fined by the EPA for it. After that, and two incidents involving overturned trucks entering the plant (spilling all sorts of carcasses on the roadway) they finally "cleaned" up their act) We've since moved away from there. Now, here in Charleston, there's a paper mill plant that I drive past to/from work that gives off noxious ammonia smells. The worst is getting stuck in traffic on the bridge right next to the plant with no place to go.... Even with the windows up and the AC on, you can still smell it, and it burns.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

King of sapila

It's a two way street.
    If you have lot of factories like US does you get some pollution and smell, if you don't, like Greece, you get no pollution and great atmosphere but you have to import everything, except food, although we are making brave efforts to start importing that also

(but pollution also kills covid! )

PowerPoster

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Bad news for the unvaccinated in the U.S. this Summer, especially in de Souf':

King of sapila

Get you vaccine get you life back.
    How stupid does he think US people are? Get your vacciiinee, get you ice cold vaccine here!!Get you cheap luscious vaccine. Needles, getsya free needles here. Vaccinate in summer time, beeee beeee (it's the sheep sound, I don't know how to write that in English. Is it beee, mpeee, beouizzzz?) !
    Anyhow we, the unvaccinated, are in great risk of getting the covid from the vaccinated so I propose we cattle up the vaccinated and let us get our lives back.
    Also since vaccinated propose no risk at all from the unvaccinated, why are you busting our chops? You got the needle, you are good to go, you don't have no danger from us but we are in danger from you, so let us be and ppplleease don't eat us! (the zombie theory).
    My first few swims where on a kind cold sea, although the temp was 35 but it will get better late this week so I'll be going back in a day or two. That freaking cove is cold even with 40 degrees but it's the first few swims, then you are good to go. Of course I always use my mask and gloves when going to the water
    Funny here covid cases are dropping with vaccinations into a stall mate. Hmm, maybe because every flu that exists is not as contagious at summer?Or maybe because it is summer?Or is it maybe because we have summer?
    But the media...Those lovable media..If you could only understood Greek and hear what they are saying...

PowerPoster

Not sure what the CDC is trying to tell us here, but Dr. John Campbell takes a shot at interpreting it:

Point being, they are now admitting that early studies show significant natural immunity was developed before vaccination had the chance to get started.

King of sapila

Please don't ruin their vaccination gonorrhea.
    I'm on vacation till 1 July, everyone is not using masks or any other protection here enjoying the beach.Flu in the summer, pff. Media bombarding all day long that we must vaccinate or we won't be able to go anywhere, do anything or get to our working environment, the fascistic Government is giving it all, we are (as we say in Greek) "write them where ink does not get to" , that means, we don't give a F about their propaganda.
    I got sunburns the last few days, even with a v50 sunblock I am getting burned. Damn white skin! Usually takes a month before I get used to the sun and I can drop the sunblock protection volume. Right now I'm scratching, writing, scratching etc... Any sunblock vaccine?

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Anyhow we, the unvaccinated, are in great risk of getting the covid from the vaccinated so I propose we cattle up the vaccinated and let us get our lives back.
    Err, that is exactly the opposite of how vaccines work.

Also since vaccinated propose no risk at all from the unvaccinated, why are you busting our chops? You got the needle, you are good to go, you don't have no danger from us but we are in danger from you, so let us be and ppplleease don't eat us! (the zombie theory).
    How about the people who are vulnerable but can't have the vaccine for other reasons, they still need protecting.

(it's the sheep sound, I don't know how to write that in English. Is it beee, mpeee, beouizzzz?) !
    Is that the sound of people following the conspiracy theories about vaccines and how they make you magnetic / contagious / better at receiving 5G signals?

King of sapila

I can't but notice how your avatar seem ideal for the discussion.
    Just kidding.
    Those conspiracy theories are lame.
    Your first comment, I was joking, usually people don't get the jokes so...
    Second comment. Yes that is a good point. I am not sure, probably suitable medication and monoclonics when they are on the death row.
    Our Archbishop fell in to this category so he was monocloned and he's OK at the moment but there probably may be other methods. Probably what method would be used for a flu, the same method.

PowerPoster

The issue of the thread was resolved??

I was joking, usually people don't get the jokes so...
    Have you considered maybe people do get jokes, just not yours
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

King of sapila

Possible
    I think I can do better in Greek but then I would be laughing by myself.

PowerPoster

Hmm, "vaccine immunity escape" seems to be a new phrase around the Indian "Delta" variant, though the studies do not count any other forms of acquired immunity so I'm not sure they represent a comment on vaccines despite the phrasing. I also didn't see anything that made any distinction among vaccines (for all we know the issue might be all around one less effective vaccine).

About all we know is "Delta is bad, m'kay?"

U.K. seems on fire with Delta right now, making it likely their spreaders will hop on planes and start dropping it all over the world as they did with the Kent "Alpha" a few months ago. Much of the U.S. still hasn't been exposed to Alpha yet, so no telling the whammy they'll take when Delta arrives there along with it.

As you'd expect, parts of the U.S. under summer heat now are seeing higher infection rates as they huddle indoors under air conditioning. Those in more temperate zones have finally gotten back outside and now enjoy plummeting rates in turn. California is waiting for the other shoe to drop yet.

King of sapila

It's a shame you stay indoors in the summer.
    Staying out will dispose flu in general. The last couple of weeks we dropped from 1500 cases per day to 450 and assuming the the government fascists inflate the numbers, we are close to 100 - 200 cases and dropping. Of course no masks no distances no gloves for no one.
    We have a holiday on Monday so most people left the city yesterday, the beach today (as I can see from the porch) will be crowded like hell. So I must bring my own sea umbrella as I probably won't find a public one, but we are 5 people so one umbrella won't do. As you can see I'm in agony here, I'm very cautious about summer burns and I take every precaution for something that is actually a thread,so I won't get the sunburn blues. TV terrorized less with covid today, most probable because the fascists went to the sea for the 3 day vacation and left us alone. We have 34 degrees today and raising every day. On Wednesday we will reach 40 degrees but I have some work and I must get to the city. So it will be a couple of hell days for me but I'll leave again until 1 July as we are opening for business but will be back at the sea soon as I haven't got a single day from my leave of absence (because,err, we where covidized and closed).
    But for now, LET'S FIND A SHADE AT THE BEACH!!!!!

I don't have a beach to retreat to. Actually, I do at the moment, but the water is the cold Pacific, not somewhere you could swim for long, and with very strong currents. Still, in a couple days, I'll be back in the desert, where the temperatures will be up around 100, the sun will shine for something like 27 hours per day, and...yeah, I won't be spending large amounts of time outside.

Our cases are dropping, as well, but we'll see. Vaccination is spotty, with the area I live being reasonably responsible, but the area around that...not so much.

PowerPoster

Michigan's remaining restrictions on gatherings and masks will be dropped next week, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Thursday, ending 15 months of broad limits on businesses and indoor activities in the state.

Under the changes that take effect Tuesday, maximum indoor capacity limits will increase to 100%, and the state's mask mandate for non-vaccinated people will be removed 10 days earlier than the original goal of July 1. Indoor capacity currently is capped at 50%.
    Whitmer rescinds Michigan's gathering, mask rules starting Tuesday

We'll see if it lasts with "Delta" lurking in the bushes.

PowerPoster

Oh, Canada:

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Hmm, "vaccine immunity escape" seems to be a new phrase around the Indian "Delta" variant, though the studies do not count any other forms of acquired immunity so I'm not sure they represent a comment on vaccines despite the phrasing.
    I haven't heard that phrasing before but I agree it's miss-leading. When we talk about escape variants what we're referring to is that a variant escapes our immunity, whether that immunity was acquired through vaccination or any other means.

How about the people who are vulnerable but can't have the vaccine for other reasons, they still need protecting
    +1 to this and I don't feel it's being said enough. Before Covid we used to talk about herd immunity and viewed it as a good thing. If enough of our "herd" is immune, the virus cannot spread so the vulnerable are protected - our herd is immune. Herd immunity is the solution state to this problem. Unfortunately the phrase has been co-opted to refer to herd immunity acquired through allowing uncontrolled spread which is a crazy strategy when dealing with a virus as deadly as this one. That co-option is preventing us from having a discussion about why we should be aiming for herd immunity in order to protect the vulnerable and you end up with anti-vaxxers using those who can't be vaccinated as a justification for not getting themselves vaccinated.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

King of sapila

I don't think we the non vaccinated are using the ones that cannot be vaccinated as an example.
    And I could say that personally since a couple of years ago a had an operation that, log story short, is very dangerous for thrombosis so I probably can't be vaccinated.
    But I never gave that argument out .

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-latin-america-57446583
    Ship full of vac zombies get quarantine.

Branded like the Jews:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBB4c3toEtA

It's just keeps getting better. I'm amazed with the monkey theory, I'm seeing it take place and I can't believe it.

Anyhow, ooommmm, bathtime bathtimeeee, ommmm. Let's see... 34 degrees today. I escaped the sunburns yesterday as we found a public umbrella and I went to turbo speed to claim it. Today would be more difficult than yesterday, some super markets or bars where working but today everything is closed so everyone will be fighting for shade at the beach. I though about snizzing and coughing (I actually had to translate that as I couldn't remember the spelling) my way through but no one cares about summer flues. Maybe impersonate typhus ?

King of sapila

Dropping like flies.
    https://greatgameindia.com/bbc-journ...lness-vaccine/

It's funny how UK media calling this a "short illness" , remind me of our own media. Of course there is no comparison as our media are 10 times worst.

King of sapila

Jerusalem Post.
    Dr Tal Brosh head of Infections team at Samson Assuta Ashdod Hospital.

In Great Britain, the cases of the DELTA mutation are galloping, while in Israel, viral infections , unknown for this time of the year reap people.

These are on top 5 of the most vaccinated countries.

King of sapila

It’s likely that 50,000 Americans have already been killed by covid vaccines.
    https://www.naturalnews.com/2021-05-...aths-2021.html

DR Peter McCullough, most cited doctor at covid treatments at national library of medicine:
    If this would be any other vaccine it would have been pulled from the market right now:
    https://assets-global.website-files....conclusion.pdf

Drugs good fire bad, err, vaccine BS.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAHi3lX3oGM

Page 62 of 137 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112 ... LastLast