Page 69 of 137 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119 ... LastLast
Results 2,721 to 2,760 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    I'm bored to get into the circular discussion again.
    I would suggest tho that if you are so keen on giving up rights for the good of society, how about voting in favor for mandatory giving up one of your kidneys?
    For people that need one.

So is it dictatorisk a word I can use?
    Giving up a kidney would damage my health in a major and serious way. Vaccination isn't comparable and you know this, making irrelevant comparisons is a poor argument.

King of sapila

No I don't know it.
    Experts say that it has a 0,001% chance of damaging your health and you can live perfectly fine with only one.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Unless you only have one to begin with, in which case giving up one would lead to death.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

Lol. Iron kidney, robotic inferno!
    Went out to eat by the seaside, 65 Euros for 6 people and we ate like there is no tomorrow. I'm with 3 bottles of beer right now, so won't be offended calling me drunk, or half drunk.

Alcohol burns covid!!!!
    Last edited by sapator; Jul 23rd, 2021 at 04:17 PM.

PowerPoster

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 567
Size:  39.6 KB
    China was the first to contain the new crown epidemic. Finally won the first gold of the Olympic Games

Focus on being yourself and ignore others

King of sapila

Pfiser vaccine 39% effective on Delta.

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/07/23/delt...e-illness.html

PowerPoster

Such sad news, hmm? Better lock down and mask up again. It is coming for you.

Name:  0723 linear.png
Views: 582
Size:  4.0 KB

7 Day Average New Cases per Capita, Linear Scale
    Darker is Higher

Glad we're holding in the north and east. Won't last, but so far still safe to go shopping and such.

King of sapila

All jokes aside, the government says that all new measures will be taken for the non vaccinated, so I'm wondering what the heck are they going to says when what you describe going to happen in October - November. They won't be able to say "oh non vaxbies are causing this" because according to their fake vaccination count we will be at 60-70 % vaxbies in September, let alone in November, so when the same things starts happening cuz the only measures they are taking is vaccination , how would they sell masks and lockdown? 30-20% of all population will not be vaxed but they can't push everything to them. I wonder what the dictator would think. Although rumors for early elections are circulating for a couple of months now.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Such sad news, hmm? Better lock down and mask up again. It is coming for you.
    Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine recipients have lower antibody levels targeting the Delta variant:
    https://www.ucl.ac.uk/infection-immu...-delta-variant

Such bad news ,hmmm? Better stretch your arms for the next experimental dose. It is coming for you.

I don't see why it is bad news unless you thought the virus would never change. Viruses evolve. That isn't a surprise. That's why there's a different flu shot every single year. It's never the same flu, year after year. The difference with the mRNA vaccines is that reformulating for a different variant should be particularly easy. The delta variant has been sequenced, I'd expect a reformulation is probably already in the works....well, actually, I know that it is, but it might take a different form. That's a different matter.

Still, whether the vaccine is 40% effective or 80% effective against the delta variant hardly matters. Being unvaccinated is between -200% and -400% effective against the delta variant.

PowerPoster

The other issue is the testing.

Nothing about a vaccine guarantees a virus can't enter your system and even multiply. What is does do is limit the ability of the virus to multiply.

So sure, you might still get infected. Even at a level that testing can detect. But.., the vaccine should still help your body respond to a new infection and keep the symptoms at a low level until it is nearly eradicated.

Of course the more diseased bees you hang around the higher the vial load you can pick up too. That's why the unvaxxed should be required to hang a sign around their neck saying "UNCLEAN" and ring a bell as they walk.

PowerPoster

Shocking headline!!! lol But read the article,

However, the two-dose vaccine still works very well in preventing people from getting seriously sick, demonstrating 88% effectiveness against hospitalization and 91% effectiveness against severe illness, according to the Israeli data published Thursday.
    Pretty good. Big difference between testing positive and dying.

Of course the more diseased bees you hang around the higher the vial load you can pick up too. That's why the unvaxxed should be required to hang a sign around their neck saying "UNCLEAN" and ring a bell as they walk.
    I'd vote for it.

King of sapila

Tell that to all the people that died with the experimental vaccine.
    But of course covid kills more etc etc.
    We should hang around a sign to the vaccinated saying Vaxbies gonna Vaxb.
    It's funny the unvaxed is not pushing anyone not to do the vaccine while the vaxbies are pushing on mandatorism.
    I'm amazed on how people reacted to this flue, it's showed stuff about our society.
    Let me just stop you here and say it showed stuff about ALL of our society.
    I'm not talking for someone in particular here or course. Even radical fascistic opinions are welcome by me. The only thing I have a problem with is mandatory by trespassing our constitution and of course dictators. We have one, wanna trade? We would take Obama and Hillary Clinton for him? Hmm?

King of sapila

Another protest in Greece today.
    I can't say I expected that 2 years ago as we seemed like sleeping animals.
    Greece and France are leading the way right now.

PowerPoster

I feel bad for Greece:

It's all pretty much come to pass. Greece is only still around to keep the EU from absorbing its massive debt.

Tell that to all the people that died with the experimental vaccine.
    But of course covid kills more etc etc.
    We should hang around a sign to the vaccinated saying Vaxbies gonna Vaxb.
    It's funny the unvaxed is not pushing anyone not to do the vaccine while the vaxbies are pushing on mandatorism.
    I'm amazed on how people reacted to this flue, it's showed stuff about our society.
    Let me just stop you here and say it showed stuff about ALL of our society.
    I'm not talking for someone in particular here or course. Even radical fascistic opinions are welcome by me. The only thing I have a problem with is mandatory by trespassing our constitution and of course dictators. We have one, wanna trade? We would take Obama and Hillary Clinton for him? Hmm?
    So... Any proof of people dying from an "experimental vaccine" that is a reputable source, so not a random YouTube video or a website know for promoting fake news.
    Using words like "experimental" is about as close to an untruth as you can get, the vaccines went through the usual tests before being given to human.

Also it isn't the flu, it is a lot more serious. Making up claims that are proven to be false seems to be a thing with antivaxers. Almost as if the truth doesn't back up their claims.
    Last edited by PlausiblyDamp; Jul 24th, 2021 at 02:34 PM.

King of sapila

Don't.
    We are like cockroaches we always find a way to survive and we are doing so for thousands of years.
    But yes currently we are in a world of sht no doubt about it. This is our fault as we vote for idiots, hopefully covid did something good, it awakened us and whenever we where awakened we did marvels.

King of sapila

No no links, go find previous month posts. Links seemed to be ignored , except from Shaggy so nop.

No no links, go find previous month posts. Links seemed to be ignored , except from Shaggy so nop.
    The only link I have seen you post recently was from the dailyexpose site, known for promoting anti-vax propaganda and fake news, if there are reputable links that justify your use of phrases like "all the people that died with the experimental vaccine" then I would happily read them.

I am assuming you would return the favour and read the various links I have posted to actual peer reviewed, expert reports from people with knowledge and training in the relevant areas.

King of sapila

I probably won't and saying I only posted dailyexposure kinda proved my point.

The point is that you have made some pretty crazy claims, and have only posted crazy stuff to support the claims. None of it has been sound.

Of course, I only read some scientific journals and read some mainstream stuff. None of it has hinted of anything like what you've stated, so either mainstream science is hiding everything...or that other stuff has been crap supported by nothing. There have been other, similar, nonsense stories that didn't make the mainstream news because they were nonsense. This just seems like more of the same: Hyped to the skies in the rags, ignored by everybody else.

King of sapila

I don't know what the crapometer reads, I was posting stuff from award medical people , bbc , cnn , the Mr.Nay inventor and such.
    If that was all crap then no problem, I can say the same from the opposite side but the links back then where sap 100 other people 1 .
    I say again that I appreciate the fact that you read some of them, it shows a decent character.
    I stoped posting and went to the more "fun" side because with the Delta arrival the flue went to a flu, also I can't post something to prevent people for doing the experimental vaccines because everyone has made his/her mind by now so, you know, vaxbies gonna vaxb and such.

P.S. I can stop if you like, I'm on vacation so I just go for a swim , eat, have a look here then food, bars etc and again a look over here, it won't bother me to stop and only look at coding stuff, I'm just killing time between .

King of sapila

Salute to Australia also.
    Greece started the flame!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwHFOG55quc

Paris:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-60B0DuepMA

Oh, I forgot.
    We have 2200 infections and 4 deaths on Delta while previously we had 2000 infections and 70+ deaths and we are on 20-25 max on vaccinations here.
    Last edited by sapator; Jul 25th, 2021 at 05:39 AM.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

We have laws about wearing seatbelts, which I think is a better analogy
    I thought about the seatbelt analogy but I didn't like it because harm to others is wouldn't be a direct effect of the choices you make (excepting the driver doing superman impressions). Cost to public services can be deployed as an argument against drinking, eating the wrong foods, taking part in sports, hiking... it offers a simple counter argument for those who want to engage in "what about" arguments. Choosing not to have the vaccine directly effects others as it means you are more likely to infect them with a deadly virus which requires a slightly stronger metaphor. (This is not to say that it cannot be valid to pass a law based on cost to the tax payer but rather that the arguments for legislation in this case are stronger and more immediate).

I preferred Dil's dodgy brakes metaphor to my drunk driving because it speaks to passive inaction rather than action. Failing to get your brakes fixed is negligent and directly endangers others. That's a much better fit as a metaphor for not getting vaccinated.

giving up one of your kidneys?
    Interesting choice because this speaks to body horror which is at the root of alot of vaccine hesitancy IMO (well, that and some folks just want to be edgy). For me, that's why I would not support mandating vaccines. It's not really rational but there's something about out physical bodies that is sacrosanct, even if the procedure in question is demonstrably harmless and/or beneficial. We should have ultimate agency over what happens to our bodies.

That is not to say that our choices should be without consequence, though. By choosing to forgo a vaccine you are making a choice that could lead to the death of another human being. If, as a result of that choice, people choose not to serve you, employ you or not to associate with you... well you made the choice, own the consequence.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Getting vaccinated does not reduce the chances of getting infected, it supposedly make you less ill and that is questionable as per UK link I've posted and still get no answer.
    Sapator it does seem like on this topic you dont want to see the nuance when looking at data and articles.

Firstly in the UK we have administered 46.5 m first doses and 37 m second doses, and the number of deaths reported linked to actually having the vaccine (almost all linked to a rare blood clotting condition) are 41.

These deaths in the UK are all from the Astra Zeneca Vaccine in younger people, and so we have stopped giving it to people under 30.

These deaths are tragic and should not be minimised, however this year alone something over 40,000 people have died from Covid ( it was around 80,000 last year)

Any suggestion that the cure is somehow worse than the disease is ludicrous. If you want to argue that we cant know what the vaccine will do to us in 5 years then fine I will disagree but we dont have that data yet, but arguing that vaccination is somehow more dangerous than Covid now is not born out by the facts.

The number of hospitalisations in the UK of vaccinated people is 40% , however if you look more closely at those figures what it shows is that the large majority of those people are the most at risk people either elderly or with other medical issues.

Last year (in fact also in Jan & Feb this year) people with those risk factors were dying in great numbers, this year they are not. Yes some are still hospitalised and some will still die as the vaccines are not 100% effective nobody ever claimed they were, but the protection they offer is both obvious and measurable.

The other 60% of people being hospitalised in the UK are unvaccinated young people (people under 30), and young people in hospital from covid was not something we were seeing much of last year but now they are the ones most likely to contract covid and most likely to be hospitalised in the UK.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

King of sapila

I'm against mandatory vaccination, can we please not go on the numbers again? We won't convince etc other.

What I'm saying is that The Nuremberg trails, the Geneva convention, the EU parliament voting the Greek constitution etc are stating no to mandatory vaccination.
    So pushing mandatory, isn't that, isn't that telling you something? I can cope on the the people that cannot do the vaccine but they should take the measures they took since they couldn't get the flu vaccine or any other vaccine in the future that will "prevent" a pandemic.
    I can't understand the parties here that where protesting against woman not be able to do abortions, saying that it's their body and they should do as they want, now highly protesting in favor of not doing what you want to your body. All in all my opinion is that they are trying to push as many drugs as possible since long batches are expiring in late August and they will lose their percentage cut from the total doses used.
    I know this "exaggerations" may seem strange to your but you are not living here and you don't know how high is the corruption. I believe I saw an official EU article putting us in the most corrupted countries in the world, so we need to rip the root of evil that is the government and hopefully not being idiots and vote for the opposition as they are the same.

I believe I saw an official EU article putting us in the most corrupted countries in the world, so we need to rip the root of evil that is the government
    I checked around and Greece isn't even in the top ten.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...rupt-countries
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

King of sapila

OK, I will put some numbers

Yesterday France 70.000.000 people 22 deaths, Greece 10.000.000 people 8 deaths.

Here is a link, is he a crazy person also?
    Covid is not a pandemic anymore. Jean Michel Claverie, iologist, founder of the France institute of iology, Director of research on CNRS (Centre national de la recherche scientifique).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F551T8B5d2Y

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I checked around and Greece isn't even in the top ten.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/co...rupt-countries
    You may be right but I'm sure I saw an article..Maybe it was for EU countries as this was a EU article. But even on this article we are very low.

Also the corruption here is underground so I'm not sure that it can be measured officially but we, that live here, can see it.
    Last edited by sapator; Jul 26th, 2021 at 05:48 AM.

It would HAVE to be for something like EU countries. Just think of some of the other countries in the world. You have issues, to be sure, but you can't really compare to some of the failed states of the world.

You also appear to have been largely spared from COVID, which is interesting.

What is 'iology'? Even Google doesn't seem to know.

@FD: I felt that the seatbelt analogy wasn't quite as spot on due to the way the harm works, but I also felt that it was highly relevant in my particular state. Our legislature is getting all worked up over mandatory vaccines (though only for COVID, they have ignored mandatory flu shots by the same groups for years) being a violation of personal rights, yet they passed legislation requiring seat belts, where the benefit is more philosophical than the benefits of a vaccine against a readily transmissible disease.

Basically, I was focusing on the inconsistency in this state rather than the aptness of the analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    What is 'iology'? Even Google doesn't seem to know.
    It's what you have when you can't even get a "B" in biology...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

King of sapila

Ye google can't do everything.
    It's Virology I should roughly guess. In Greek a virus is called Ios hence "Iologia", I thought that since most of the medical terms are opted from Greek this should be so, apparently it isn't.

It sounded Greek, but all I was seeing was various other 'ology' words.

King of sapila

Was "Proctology" in there?

PowerPoster

I'm still wondering what tune hikers whistle on that Nuremberg Trail.

King of sapila

Oh great, we are going on 43 degrees from Thursday till Tuesday and I have to get back to the city for 3 days

PowerPoster

Sounds like the Oxnard Astral Projection vaccine is having trouble. They are throwing shade on the Pfizer now.

King of sapila

Can you elaborate?

Also.
    Hmmm.
    CDC to revoke PCR tests as problematic, given to many false negatives. It was the main tests that initiated the lockdowns due to all of those cases, many confused as it was just common flu.

“False-negative results may lead to delayed diagnosis or inappropriate treatment of SARS-CoV-2, which may cause patient harm including serious illness and death.

False-negative results can also lead to further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, including when presumed negative patients are grouped into cohorts in health care, long-term care, and other facilities based on false test results.

False-positive results could lead to a delay in the correct diagnosis and the initiation of an appropriate treatment for the actual cause of patient illness, which could be another life-threatening disease that is not SARS-CoV-2.

False-positive results could also lead to further spread of the SARS-CoV-2 virus when presumed positive patients are grouped into cohorts based on false test results”.

https://www.genomeweb.com/molecular-...y#.YP-_70BRVPY

I suppose some people should feel pretty dumb right now.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I was focusing on the inconsistency in this state rather than the aptness of the analogy.
    Oh, yeah. There's nothing consistent about legislation anywhere.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

I suppose some people should feel pretty dumb right now.
    Why? You just mentioned something about false negatives, which would mean undercounting. We were undercounting AND locking down? Would we have not locked down if there had been MORE, or are you suggesting we should have double locked down?

Page 69 of 137 FirstFirst ... 19596667686970717279119 ... LastLast