Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,800 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    It struck at a bad time in the US. I would expect that ANY other president would have been better equipped to deal with a crisis.
    I'm curious what else should have been done that wasn't. Not to argue, just to list effective actions so we might know what to demand the next time around.

Clearly Fauci's Fraudulence needs to be avoided. People should not have been told that masks were ineffective when he knew damned well they were a proper response. Halting flights from China was also a prudent action, despite his advice to the contrary. He was also recommending that bars, restaurants, sporting events, etc. were safe. How this guy hasn't been fired (or possibly even indicted) escapes me.

Business and casual air travel should have been stopped. Period. Severe restrictions on surface travel should have been imposed as well.

Masks? Masks were never in short supply aside from the problems caused by hoarding N95 masks. The commoner paper masks were readily available in good supply from the beginning, and we quickly knew that simple cloth masks of the type commonly worn elsewhere are cheap and even easy to make at home. The trick is for people to use them and use them properly. Again, Fauci screwed the pooch with his agenda.

Lockdowns? This is a bigger topic than it might seem. The proper response would have been to first cordon off large cities and college towns, and then cordon the cities into small sectors and prohibit all but necessary transit by emergency services and essential workers submitting to screening. As the plague inevitably escaped from these natural zones of infection additional targeted lockdowns could be imposed. And in the infected areas gatherings should have been far more thoroughly suppressed.

What else have I missed? Sure feels like the big mistakes all tree up to one man. So yeah, blame Trump because he failed to have Fauci locked up.

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

If they DO get burned, though, then...
    ...the stove was loser ...ugly woman ...she doesn't like me. I make the best stoves... everybody says my stoves are totally stable.

Fixed it for you.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

In several countries (including the UK and US) masks would have been in very short supply if they had been advised from the start.

Here the NHS couldn't get enough equipment, and needed manufacturers to focus on them - which wouldn't have happened if consumers were also all buying masks (as consumers pay more). Any people who knew they had a higher risk should have been using masks, and presumably most of them did. Many of us also chose to wear masks anyway, as we saw it probably was a good idea - but by not advising the masses to buy them, health professionals had enough.

It is important to note however that when people like Fauci (including the UK equivalents) started saying we should wear masks, Trump was still telling people not to wear them - unlike in the UK, where everyone was saying to wear them.

In terms of travel and businesses etc, that is a very complex thing to deal with appropriately. If you focus purely on the health crisis then you shut everything down immediately, but you also need to worry about the long term health issues and the economy (which also brings health issues). We all have opinions (mine was a 4 week total lockdown, with only emergency service workers allowed out of their homes), but we don't have enough information to know what would have actually been the best way to go.

While the US and UK have certainly got several things wrong, I'm pretty certain that no country in the world got everything "right".

He turned mask wearing into a political litmus test. At the start, he spent a couple months denying that the virus was a big deal, then he turned mask wearing into a political litmus test. To date, right wing mailings are still stating that the virus didn't kill anyone. That wouldn't have happened had the Republican in the White House taken a stronger stand on the subject.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

Yeah, dil has asked this question before and there were plenty of answers given but for some reason he is back making the same false claims. No mask shortage, Fauci is to blame, Trump couldn't have done a better job. If he truly wants an answer all he has to do is go back and read the previous responses.

King of sapila

I don't think anything could have been done better.
    It was done as it was supposed to be done and it worked, for the rich ones.
    And if you get it you get it (not a clue if you have that expression in English).
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Yeah, dil has asked this question before and there were plenty of answers given but for some reason he is back making the same false claims. No mask shortage, Fauci is to blame, Trump couldn't have done a better job. If he truly wants an answer all he has to do is go back and read the previous responses.
    Nonsense.

Whenever somebody admits the problem was failure to avoid and effectively quarantine infection outbreaks the response is a knee-jerk "masks, muh Trump!"

Masks primarily address community spread. That's important, but only after infection isolation.

We visualized COVID’s spread across every U.S. state and county. Here’s what we discovered: is 6 months out of date now, but it least it attempted some introspection.

1. More movement = higher COVID incidence.

Here's another timelapse:

Last edited by dilettante; Mar 12th, 2021 at 09:52 PM.

If you really want me to get into what Trump did I can but I agree with Wes, it's been done to death. If you still can't acknowledge his failures then you're wilfully disregarding the chain of events that led us here. I will summarise it to a single point of what he didn't do though. He didn't provide leadership and such leadership that he did provide was unerringly in the wrong direction.

Clearly Fauci's Fraudulence needs to be avoided.
    So you seek to condemn Fauci, who changed his advice as better evidence emerged, but you're unable to condemn Trump, who continued to double down in the face of that emerging evidence. Can you see why people might not take your opinion seriously on this?

Masks primarily address community spread. That's important, but only after infection isolation.
    Both are important.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Agreed and I do worry that this might feed into Anti-Vax rhetoric. I can understand these countries having a temporary suspension, though. 1. there are other vaccines they can use in the meantime and 2. I imagine there are autopsies being carried out that will give a much stronger indication of whether the vaccine was a contributory factor. A short suspension so they can be more sure of the vaccine's safety doesn't seem unreasonable, particularly in the Scandinavian countries where infection has been very low.

Ouch. That's around £100, 000 in Stirling or $150, 000. That's a steep figure and more than most of us would consider.

That's not true. Most of Europe has nationalised systems that absolutely do cover the full cost. I'm not sure what the situation in the US for those without medical insurance who contract covid.

I agree with this 100%. I think the way politics was allowed to affect the response to this virus borders on criminal and several world leaders have blood on their hands. I think China has some guilt there but I think the UK was worse and the US has been absolutely awful.
    If Trump can control the epidemic, he may be re-elected as President of the United States for a few years. In order not to affect the economy, people are prohibited from wearing masks, and medical subsidies are not provided. This is a crime.
    In this regard, China would rather suspend work for a few months to prevent almost 100% of the virus from spreading. Only 4,000 people died, and there was almost no growth afterwards. At least one year later, I haven't seen a sick person by my side.
    Before the French labor movement, our history said it was an industrial revolution. The country and the company are responsible for safeguarding the lives of employees. At the very least, each company should take the initiative to distribute masks (1-3 per day) to employees, distribute disinfectant, and advocate not having frequent gatherings.

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Agreed and I do worry that this might feed into Anti-Vax rhetoric. I can understand these countries having a temporary suspension, though. 1. there are other vaccines they can use in the meantime and 2. I imagine there are autopsies being carried out that will give a much stronger indication of whether the vaccine was a contributory factor. A short suspension so they can be more sure of the vaccine's safety doesn't seem unreasonable, particularly in the Scandinavian countries where infection has been very low.

Ouch. That's around £100, 000 in Stirling or $150, 000. That's a steep figure and more than most of us would consider.

That's not true. Most of Europe has nationalised systems that absolutely do cover the full cost. I'm not sure what the situation in the US for those without medical insurance who contract covid.

I agree with this 100%. I think the way politics was allowed to affect the response to this virus borders on criminal and several world leaders have blood on their hands. I think China has some guilt there but I think the UK was worse and the US has been absolutely awful.
    I think Fox news shoulders the blame for many deaths also. They called it a Democratic hoax to hurt Trump, downplayed it until it smacked them across the face, and played along with the anti-masking for a while. The basically enabled Trump's pathetic handling of the virus in the US.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Nonsense.

Whenever somebody admits the problem was failure to avoid and effectively quarantine infection outbreaks the response is a knee-jerk "masks, muh Trump!"
    He was in charge, the buck stops with him. There are a litany of failures almost to many to list, but probably the biggest on was for him to politicise the virus and turn things like mask wearing and lockdowns into a red state v blue state issue.

While the US and UK have certainly got several things wrong, I'm pretty certain that no country in the world got everything "right".
    Nowhere in the world did get everything right but there are countries that got a lot more right and have done a much better job.

Many of our leaders sit there and tell us, they did the best they could considering what they knew, but its just not true. What is true is that both in the UK and US we acted very slowly in the first instance, and afterwards were far more worried in opening the economy as quickly as possibly than stopping the virus.

Consider New Zealand or South Korea countries with not perfect response or responses without consequences but both countries that have largely been open and have avoided the large number of deaths that we have.

There are other examples of better responses around the world we just wilfully choose to either ignore them or we say that that response couldn't have worked here.

I just dont understand it, in the UK much of our economy has been locked down for the best part of a year, how is that more expensive than doing a hard quick lockdown and then putting in hard border controls?

There are probably 2 points within our response when we could have done this but chose not to.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by NeedSomeAnswers View Post
    He was in charge, the buck stops with him. There are a litany of failures almost to many to list, but probably the biggest on was for him to politicise the virus and turn things like mask wearing and lockdowns into a red state v blue state issue.

Nowhere in the world did get everything right but there are countries that got a lot more right and have done a much better job.

Many of our leaders sit there and tell us, they did the best they could considering what they knew, but its just not true. What is true is that both in the UK and US we acted very slowly in the first instance, and afterwards were far more worried in opening the economy as quickly as possibly than stopping the virus.

Consider New Zealand or South Korea countries with not perfect response or responses without consequences but both countries that have largely been open and have avoided the large number of deaths that we have.

There are other examples of better responses around the world we just wilfully choose to either ignore them or we say that that response couldn't have worked here.

I just dont understand it, in the UK much of our economy has been locked down for the best part of a year, how is that more expensive than doing a hard quick lockdown and then putting in hard border controls?

There are probably 2 points within our response when we could have done this but chose not to.
    Trump also said that opponents’ election cheating is a serious problem, but they are all the same. There can be no fair elections. Sometimes it's the winning or losing of the consortium of both forces, and the common people only account for a small proportion.
    If you don't control it at the beginning, 100 will change to 1,000, 100,000, or 1 million, then you can't control it.
    All quarantine is as early as 2 weeks to a month. If they are infected collectively, they need to be quarantined for six months or more. And the global spread, even if there is no large-scale global infection in a few years, it may be crazy again at any time.

at 2020-1,china find about 40 people have this virus.and now it's 100,000.

It is equivalent to one person infecting 1,000 people, of course, a large part of them are imported into China from abroad. Our country has been blocked very tightly (from January to March, it was blocked for 3 months). Although there are very few people who are infected, we always remain vigilant at all times. In fact, our business has suffered heavy losses and the people's income has dropped a lot. It is indeed a bit too strict.

I love you China-feelings about going out for the first time after the new crown pneumonia unblocked
    https://www.jianshu.com/p/5aeb008c5db0

How many people in each country are infected with the new crown virus, compare it with the total population of the country, and the infection rate calculated in this way is more convincing
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 15th, 2021 at 06:04 AM.

Trump also said that opponents’ election cheating is a serious problem, but they are all the same
    To be fair, Trump was an aberration in this regard. It's centuries since any other US politician tried to pull the sort of stuff that Trump did around the last election. He's an outlier.

I don't think US democracy is in great shape right now but it's still better than that offered by alot of the rest of the world.

It's centuries since any other US politician tried to pull the sort of stuff that Trump did around the last election. He's an outlier.
    Problem is he left a boatload of "mini Trumps" behind. Ron Johnson, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz...his legacy is the changed republican party.

PowerPoster

yes,Trump not only his self.
    His team, his successor, his company, the company of the community of related interests

Politics is a very complicated thing. What we see is only a superficial phenomenon. Maybe the United States can continue its prosperity for another 30-200 years by using some powerful and illegal methods in the next big game.

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Trump also said that opponents’ election cheating is a serious problem, but they are all the same. There can be no fair elections.
    Trump said that because he lost, and he is a bad loser. It has been shown to not be true.

And of course you can have Fair elections, there are many countries that manage it fine, the fact you dont have them in China maybe colours your thinking here.
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Trump said that because he lost, and he is a bad loser. It has been shown to not be true.

And of course you can have Fair elections, there are many countries that manage it fine, the fact you dont have them in China maybe colours your thinking here.
    Well it is getting harder and harder in the US to have a fair election...Republicans across the country are enacting legislation to suppress the vote via voter ID, eliminating or restricting mail in voting, etc. One I find particularly egregious is Georgia trying to limit Sunday voting activities. A direct attack on their black citizens who try and organize around Sunday church events. They just have no shame.

They don't have the numbers. If they don't suppress the turnout of large swaths of the people, they may never win another election. Frankly, they could win over minority voters, but that's not their base, so they don't really try.

I agree, nearly all countries did noticeably better than the US and UK.

I just dont understand it, in the UK much of our economy has been locked down for the best part of a year, how is that more expensive than doing a hard quick lockdown and then putting in hard border controls? ...
    Despite the WHO making a very big deal of testing, we didn't have the testing system to make it work... and didn't get that sorted out for a very long time.

After that was ready we should have improved our methods (such as a hard lockdown), but I guess our politicians were too keen to save face by sticking to their existing plan... rather than saving face (and the economy) by saving lives.

Quote Originally Posted by si_the_geek View Post
    I agree, nearly all countries did noticeably better than the US and UK.

Despite the WHO making a very big deal of testing, we didn't have the testing system to make it work... and didn't get that sorted out for a very long time.

After that was ready we should have improved our methods (such as a hard lockdown), but I guess our politicians were too keen to save face by sticking to their existing plan... rather than saving face (and the economy) by saving lives.
    We pinned our hopes on it "magically" disappearing.

https://www.courant.com/coronavirus/...54a-story.html

At least republicans did...

King of sapila

Hate to say, "I told you so" but, I told you so
    Nah, it's one of my few pleasures in life

It'll be interesting to see how the AstraZeneca situation plays out. My gut feel is to agree with the WHO - I think this is an unrelated scare. But at the same time I can understand the caution of some governments, particularly when there are alternatives available.

Those who say "Hate to say 'I told you so'", don't mean it.

King of sapila

Fair enough.
    I'm not into scare people out but since I'm extremely skeptical from the beginning of this, I post some news that is not my personal thoughts now and then.

This pandemic might have been over quicker if we would have started injecting disinfectant instead of waiting on a vaccine like Trump suggested...

Something would have been over a lot sooner, that's for sure.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

Operation Warp Speed

Operation Warp Speed (OWS) was a public–private partnership initiated by U.S. President Donald Trump and his administration to facilitate and accelerate the development, manufacturing, and distribution of COVID-19 vaccines, therapeutics, and diagnostics.
    The Trump Deranged insist on continuing their politicization of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    Operation Warp Speed

The Trump Deranged insist on continuing their politicization of the pandemic.
    Your something else...half the republicans surveyed aren't taking the vaccine because of that to the moron you adore. For the months after it was approved rather then focusing on distribution he spent the rest of his presidency trying to overturn the election. For months the vaccination effort was half assed until Trump was out of office.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    This pandemic might have been over quicker if we would have started injecting disinfectant instead of waiting on a vaccine like Trump suggested...
    And in England, they say they have to wait for mass immunization, that is, everyone gets sick, and then they will automatically produce antibodies.In case this virus is like AIDS, it may also produce antibodies, everyone is safe?
    This is like the Japanese invading China and almost occupying the whole of China.
    Then we dream. He'll give us all work, and plenty of food.
    This is an absolutely impossible joke, they actually want to use you as a slave.The reason why there is injustice is that the top of the food chain squeezes the workers below.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    Something would have been over a lot sooner, that's for sure.

-tg
    This is actually just beginning.There are many other viruses in the future.
    During the Second World War, did the United States have absolutely leading technology and weapons.
    Their first thought was not to help other countries make peace, but to sell weapons to maximize profits.
    It is like banning China's space industry from entering the International Space Station for 20 years.
    There is no war here, only pure scientific research.It is because they want to prevent Chinese science and technology from acquiring more advanced technology.

When the global plague came, they also thought about how to reduce the losses of the economy and enterprises without taking care of the lives of the people.

To suppress the economic scores of other countries by raising tariffs and other technical means.
    Only the shameless to the end.Whether it is legal or illegal, ensure that their own interests are maximized globally.
    Like a great company, he may want to be able to grow his profits or 20% a year.It is possible for employees to work harder and harder and earn less and less.

It's like a 737, a big plane. Sold to other countries without very strict security measures.A country that does not respect the safety of the people and the people of the world. Will continue to create danger for the world.l

The whole world is pumping oil from the earth. A massive earthquake will occur. Although there will be no doomsday, natural and man-made disasters will occur at any time.

Moreover, the United States and Russia have a large number of nuclear weapons, and one day they will be accidentally launched.Even by many illegal armed elements.

There is also the possibility that the novel coronavirus is artificially created, and now there are many biological virus technologies, like nuclear weapons stockpiles

Seventy years ago, the Japanese used chemical and biological weapons and bacteriological tests on China, which was inhuman.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 17th, 2021 at 12:00 PM.

PowerPoster

In China, we also have elections, but each of our 31 provinces and regions elects some deputies to the people's Congress.It's like every province and city elects some representative figures, and then Beijing, the capital of China, agrees to elect a president. Or the chairman.
    Because they all need to participate in the election, it is more difficult to operate behind closed doors.

Using the method of voting, it is estimated that it is the backward level of thirty or fifty years ago.It is not enough to use electronic ballots directly.

In the first few months before the new crown, we often need to register, where you have to write by hand is very scary for us.After a few months, we will have a national network, ah, use the mobile phone APP to check your health status.If you need to, just a tweet, you can vote for everyone.

The presidential election will also canvass the whole country for votes.Every citizen has to go to the scene to vote, which further increases the infection rate of the novel coronavirus.

So compared with China, the United States has no preventive measures. Although we broke up for a period of time, the life of the people is the most important.

As a result, the infection rate and mortality rate of the virus are more than 100 times that of China.

PowerPoster

In fact, the earliest time to find more collective infection is in a hospital in Wuhan.At first, they thought it was just a normal virus.They also dare not disclose, or assume that it is a super powerful virus.
    Because it may lead to the closure of the hospital, and no patients will come to see the doctor again.
    It's like a car accident that knocks someone down. Or seriously injured, many people choose to run away.Because in case of death or need to spend a lot of treatment costs can not afford their own.
    So the United States also chose such a strategy, just like the accidental nuclear power plant explosion. Is not to inform the people to evacuate.Or lie to people that it's just a gas station explosion.

Creating such a highly contagious plague.The theory is that it should be blocked unconditionally or given as much money as possible for treatment.Unfortunately, they print a lot of money and buy shares in their own countries, which makes these companies more profitable.

If there are a few terrorists, the United States will even start a new world war.Would be mad to get involved in armed conflicts in other countries.
    They need to ensure the absolute leading position of CPU technology and 5G communication technology.Therefore, it deliberately does not recognize and prohibit Huawei's development.He believes that Huawei's communication technology is a virus. There's a lot of backdoors. It's like hacking.

But in the face of the real virus, they choose how to make more money for these companies, and they don't care how many people die.

The prince of Spain got smallpox or something and died. This time, they are the two most serious countries, along with the United States.
    In fact, the smaller the country, the easier to control.Now that more than half of the countries think the plague is not a problem.It's just a cold. They thought it would not kill all the people of a country.

In China, we have built a brand new super hospital in half a month. It can accommodate tens of thousands of patients isolated from each other.This mobile ward, like a container, can be said to be an invention of the world.

China has completely controlled the spread of the virus in just three months.It is possible that the virus was first transmitted from the United States. As a result, they failed to control it for more than a year.

If the whole world learns these advanced medical technologies from China together. Maybe the plague will be over in six months, or three months.

This is not the most powerful virus, if Ebola or other viruses break out again in the future, it is possible that the number of deaths will really increase by tens of times.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 17th, 2021 at 12:31 PM.

PowerPoster

Statistics on the latest epidemic situation of the new crown.
    There are nearly 8 million patients in the United States, 300000 in Russia and only 500 in China.

Sudden adverse reactions, 15 European countries urgently called off the British vaccine! Three countries have turned to vaccines from China and Russia.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 17th, 2021 at 01:01 PM.

The Trump insisted on continuing his politicization of the pandemic
    Fixed it for you.

I won't criticize operation warp speed, it was a sensible measure. But 1. it really doesn't outweigh the damage Trump did by politicizing the virus to the point where denying it, not wearing masks, engaging in mass gatherings and now refusal to take the vaccine were seen as gestures of support and 2. Literally every developed nation pumped funding into vaccine research; it's in no way exceptional.

And in England, they say they have to wait for mass immunization, that is, everyone gets sick, and then they will automatically produce antibodies.In case this virus is like AIDS, it may also produce antibodies, everyone is safe?
    Herd immunity did drive policy in the UK very early on. Like the early failure to recommend mask wearing it was a poor choice driven partly by politics but mostly by lack of understanding of a new virus and it was quickly abandoned as that understanding grew. You're miss-characterizing. I suspect because the information your receiving is essentially propaganda - as demonstrated by the rest of your posts. They contain a grain of truth followed by massive hyperbole.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    During the Second World War, did the United States have absolutely leading technology and weapons.
    The answer to this question is No. They did not have leading technology and weapons in most areas. They had some distinctive weapons, but the only item that comes to mind which was leading was the rifle. The UK had more ships, and good ones. The US wasn't best with tanks, planes, ships, or machine guns at the start of the war, and arguably weren't best with any of those at the end of the war, either, though they had come up with some excellent tanks and planes.

What the US had that nobody could compete with was a powerful manufacturing capability with a large population, and too far away for any enemy to bomb them. I think it was Churchill who said of the US that it was 'blessed by being bordered on two sides by weak neighbors, and on the other two sides by fish.' China, Japan, Russia, and almost every country in Europe, had been bombed into oblivion by the end of the war. I've seen an estimate that the US possessed something like 70% of GLOBAL manufacturing capacity at the end of the war.

We sell plenty of weapons NOW, but back then...we sold EVERYTHING to EVERYBODY. It warped and twisted our economy in ways that are still impacting us today.

PowerPoster

The world is already changing.

PowerPoster

Biden isn't who you think he is. He can't be, reality doesn't allow it.

PowerPoster

In any case, the population of the United States is now 400 million. China has a population of about 1.3 billion.We have almost no patients now, but there are still 8 million in the United States, which is the difference.

The cumulative diagnosis in the United States is 30 million, and only 100000 in China.he proportion of infected people in the United States is equivalent to 1000 times that in China.

The death toll in the United States is 550000, while that in China is only 4000,The United States is 700 times that of China.

If a town with the same population, 700 people died in the United States. China has only one, so the comparison is very terrible.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 17th, 2021 at 07:49 PM.

PowerPoster

At that time, British aircraft were very powerful.Because it was an island, the German air force was relatively weak, so British losses were very small.Japan is short of oil and steel.At the end of the war, Japan could only buy scrap steel from the United States.In the end, the United States directly blocked all its sources of oil and steel.In addition, his weapons are mainly produced on the Japanese islands.Eventually, aircraft carriers and bombers will not be able to compete with the United States in these aspects.

There's a video.A lioness bit the antelope by the neck, and a young lion bit him by the stomach.Finally, the antelope fought back and poked a hole in the lion's stomach.This is what happened to Trump.It is possible that he can also run dozens of kilometers.But eventually it died of a virus and infection.

The United States is in the aerospace industry, as well as 5G, communications technology, CPU software and other aspects, firmly grasped China's throat.They just want to stay absolutely ahead.It's like the small farmers in China.Suppose there was only one landowner in each town. Because they have the money to buy all the land.The rest of the people can only be workers, and their monthly income is only one percent of their normal income.Monopoly is very terrible.Like the Apple App Store, you have to give them more than 30% of your revenue.In fact, the net profit of many apps may be less than 15%.
    Last edited by xiaoyao; Mar 17th, 2021 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaoyao View Post
    At that time, British aircraft were very powerful.Because it was an island, the German air force was relatively weak, so British losses were very small.Japan is short of oil and steel.At the end of the war, Japan could only buy scrap steel from the United States.In the end, the United States directly blocked all its sources of oil and steel.In addition, his weapons are mainly produced on the Japanese islands.Eventually, aircraft carriers and bombers will not be able to compete with the United States in these aspects.
    What war were YOU watching?? That first sentence is nuts. I eventually figured out what you meant with the rest. I would say that those points weren't even the major reasons for Japan's loss in the war, but the lack of oil was certainly important. That kept what ships they had left in port, but by then they didn't have enough ships to make a difference anyways. They showed the world how important aircraft were to fleet actions, but they didn't have a training regime that allowed them to replace their losses. Their pilots were left on the front lines until they died. US fliers served a time in combat, then were rotated back to the states to train the next generation. That meant that the quality of pilots in the US kept going up, while the quality of the pilots in Japan kept going down. And that was just one piece of the problem. Regardless of steel, they didn't have the shipyards and related industry to build at the rate that the US could build. Given all the oil and steel they could use, they were still going to lose, and Yamamoto knew that prior to the start of the war.

Page 45 of 137 FirstFirst ... 35424344454647485595 ... LastLast