Page 67 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,680 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Re: [RESOLVED] Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    That's what they are telling you? Bravo.
    Delta has limited mortality, you said that yourself. The simple steps to undertake is, do nothing. Or, or, vaccinate for every new variable, just to be sure.
    I said that it appeared to have lower mortality than the past variants, not that it has limited mortality. The lower mortality may be a result of the variant, or it may be because treatment is better. The mortality rate is still significant. Furthermore, subsequent studies suggest that people infected with the delta variant can have 1000 times the amount of the virus, which means they spread it much faster.

The simple step is ALWAYS to do nothing. If you're headed for a cliff, it's simpler not to turn, the outcome is just worse. Same with the virus. You can get it, and get some immunity that way (though reinfection might be higher with that route), or you can avoid being sick in the first place. The common cold rarely kills people, but I've never met anybody who enjoys it. If you could avoid it, why wouldn't you?

As for the variants, you're right. With the mRNA approach, it would be possible to create new vaccines for different variants, just as we do for the flu, except that it will be FAR easier and more effective. Seems like a good idea, to me.
    Unfortunately for you the flue is turning into a flu , actually less dangerous than a flu, so, we will just step back and see what those experimental vaccines did to you on the months or years to come.
    It isn't the flu, and if you think it is less dangerous, how about finding some data that doesn't come from some conspiracy rag. As to the vaccines, calling them experimental is pretty disingenuous considering they went through a full stage-three trial. They won't do anything anywhere near as bad as the disease, and won't do anything at all to almost everybody.

I don't understand your last sentence.
    In the US, anti-vaxxers tend to be Republican. Republicans and Democrats are not homogenous, so it should be possible to find socioeconomically equivalent groups that are pro and anti vaccines. They will tend to be in different political parties, but that shouldn't produce an unacceptable bias. Therefore, you can compare vaccinated versus unvaccinated without socioeconomic complications. Such a comparison may not be possible in most countries, the US has just managed to politicize all kinds of things, one of which is science.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

King of sapila

You got me with the conspiracy rag.
    I've posted links n shown resources. The last one way from Israeli post. So yeah conspiracy rag.
    The vaccine is on stage three and has a conditional license. I'm not sure I should repeat that since you seem to deny that again and again. You are vaccinated with a conditional vaccine, if you don't like the experimental definition. I have posted a link before of a pfizer rep admitting that, but i guess it falls to the conspiracy rag.
    I posted a link with the creator of Mr.Nay saying not to use MR.Nay. I posted link with Delta being lower than a flu fluer. If everything is on the conspiracy rag then I don't think we have anything more to talk about. I mean that in the nicest of ways as some times I tend to be misunderstood.
    Also I should explain that most of the people are not anti-vaxxers, they are just against this fat sloppy experimental thing that is ripping people down and have tons of serious side effects. Today the mother of a friend of mine told me that she vaxxed and for a week now he feels numb on her feet and have some large red spots in her back (obviously I did not want to look), that is not lethal but it's a side effect and a serious one. Her husband vaxxed and had many headaches, I sure know other people and relatives that vaxxed and did not experiment something but are we to gamble, over a frikin flue? Your life your choice, I won't become a vaxbie but I will hunt them down on the moonlight. Merci.

There is not particular vax anti vax party in Greece. If you exclude the party dogs, the other people have their own mind to vax or not.
    I have some news of our little dictator, apparently when all hell is breaking loose he went on vacation spending thousands of Euros per night. Isn't that right dictator? Oh yes it is, yes it is. Who is going down in a while?Whooossyy? Whooo's a good dictator? Whoooo's a good dictator? Oh yes you are, yiiis you are!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

King of sapila

Another Mr conspiracy nobody here. The first part is fine, you can take a look but I would advise looking at the second part about vaccines after careful consideration as I would have thrown up if I was vaccinated and looked at this. Vaxbies gonna vaxb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LjEXxj3CU

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    In the US, anti-vaxxers tend to be Republican...
    You might believe this if you've been overexposed to fake news. However I see just as many of one as the other out in the world, in live chats, etc. And when it comes to masking I saw far better compliance when I ventured out into small towns for things like grocery shopping. The same small towns full of yard signs favoring Trump, Police, Unions, Farmers, etc. You know, the sort of sentiments that the urban effete paint as "right wing."

I think it is really about the self-marginalized at the extremes more than it is which extreme.

PowerPoster

I still find it puzzling to compare these two maps of the US:

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tracker/#vaccinations

https://covid.cdc.gov/covid-data-tra...r100klast7days

Even the current maps & figures still bear little correlation between rates of vaccination and new cases. I'm not arguing against vaccines, I'd rather we were somewhere north of 85% double-vaccinated by now.

But it suggests there may be other more significant factors at play in the case rates. The only thing I can think of is how soon and heavily exposed different parts of the country are to various novel mutations as they are introduced.

King of sapila

Are you vaxing teenagers?! You're obviously drunk.

I think we established that but I'm linking a "non fake news" site.

Half of the Delta simple small insignificant flu where vaccinated.Oh, Mr.Nay, Mr.Nay...
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccina...ak-11624624326
    Last edited by sapator; Jul 17th, 2021 at 06:16 PM.

You got me with the conspiracy rag.
    I've posted links n shown resources. The last one way from Israeli post. So yeah conspiracy rag.
    Yeah, that was a good link, but it didn't support your case. The delta variant has a stronger breakthrough potential than other variants. The vaccination still appears to prevent serious illness and death, and mostly stops the spread. So, suggesting that it not being 100% is a reason to not take it at all is crazy.
    The vaccine is on stage three and has a conditional license.
    Not in the US. It is through stage three, and has an expedited approval.

I have some news of our little dictator, apparently when all hell is breaking loose he went on vacation spending thousands of Euros per night. Isn't that right dictator? Oh yes it is, yes it is. Who is going down in a while?Whooossyy? Whooo's a good dictator? Whoooo's a good dictator? Oh yes you are, yiiis you are!
    You aren't going to be any happier with any other leader. I can understand you being bitter about your government, but the only viable opposition doesn't seem any better.

Are you vaxing teenagers?! You're obviously drunk.

I think we established that but I'm linking a "non fake news" site.

Half of the Delta simple small insignificant flu where vaccinated.Oh, Mr.Nay, Mr.Nay...
    https://www.wsj.com/articles/vaccina...ak-11624624326
    Can you read that? It's behind a paywall to me. You can only read the first couple paragraphs. Or, perhaps you can misread the first couple paragraphs. The article doesn't support your argument. Sure, it says that delta can breakthrough more effectively than other variants, but it doesn't say what percentage of breakthrough there is (at least not in the part that can be read without a subscription) or anything about severity.

The Idiot

studies here, in a hospital, during 1 years time, they measures the immunity from recovered covid-infected.
    they discovered that most people have high levels of antibodies that works well against all virus variations (delta as well of course).

even so, they want all people to get the vaccine, making people wait longer as the queue is "everyone".
    even so, mostly the vaccinated people gets approve to travel (with conditions) while the recovered will "have to wait" after summer to get that certificate that you are immune and ready to travel (and of course recovered is only valid 6 months)

theres "many" places here where they offer tests of all kinds, of course you need to pay. its a billion industry and they get rich.

example:
    a family of 3, even if 1 did have shot 1 week ago, he can't count that, since theres a 28 days wait to get approved. and he need to wait for his 2nd shot anyway, that also has a delay.
    if they want to travel they need to spend around 520$/440Euro to be able to enter that country, and of course, the same on return. so a cost of +1000$/880Euro just for tests.

instead of working on immunology, to strengthen our own immune system as it should be, so that your own body will combat and win against the virus.
    just learn to do that, using Wim Hof method: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxH...eC4F7xDsBVltGg

King of sapila

50 percent of the patience are vaccinated so it appears that on Delta, it stops nothing. But the patience in serious position in Israel are 47 if i recall so it's a puny percentage for vaxbies and non vaxbies.
    The World Health Organization has it as conditional, if any country wants to push it to supervax or vitamin or the magic cure of DR Monroe then may well do so and have the media support that with violins.
    I won't bother with the links since nobody post and you are mostly the one who reads them in some extend, I appreciate the interest tho and putting up with me.

Yes the dictator. No the viable opposition, is the same if worse, that won't do, we hope a turn to the patriotic parties can save us (except of the nazi party) but we need to get organized, lock old people and our parent on election day, give free substances to hippie communist party and tell them that is Christmas and stop that remote voting that, if it's like the US, there would be a lot of fraud.
    If the opposition wins with a low voting and the dictator comes second or third they will for an alliance and do worse so we need to stop that.

Today i saw a cloud in the sky. I haven't seen one in weeks I almost forgot how it looks like. Temp dropped to 36 so we can breath a little.
    Ah, yes, that's what I wanted to say, the idiot dictator locked down Mykonos for covid. It's the most touristic island with 2% of the total revenue of the Greek economy. The idiot shut it down along with 7 Island that had a total of 7 covid cases, cases not hospitalization. All hail the dictator born our of an spit augmentation, pthouaah!

PowerPoster

More fake news:

States with low vaccination numbers had Covid-19 case rates last week 3 times higher than others where people are fully vaccinated

When you compare states with high vaccination rates to states that are lagging, the difference in the number of people getting Covid-19 is staggering.

Over the past week, states that have fully vaccinated more than half of their residents have reported an average Covid-19 case rate that is about a third of that in states which have fully vaccinated less than half of their residents, according to a CNN analysis of data from Johns Hopkins University and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
    Check post #2645 above for links that show CNN is full of crap.

No, I am not arguing against vaccination and I'm not even neutral about it. I think everyone without some explicit medical condition that makes it bad for them should already be fully vaccinated. I'm not even saying that I think those vaccinated are seeing high case rates (much less severe cases).

I'm saying there is obviously something else going on. I suspect a large part of this is international and following that interstate travel, and those should long ago have been severely curbed. Start by sealing international air travel off from all but essentials. It is too late for Delta but that probably won't be the last nasty mutant before this is over. Curb Delta by closing interstate borders.

King of sapila

I say do nothing. It's obvious this is turning to a common flu and even lower so doing nothing and try to rebuild the economy is the logical solution.
    Also get some medical unit beds ready for the vaccination results on years to come. And of course stakes, silver bullets and holly water.

PowerPoster

The Delta Dilemma: Loosening Covid-19 Controls At A Time Of Increased Danger

At a time when the United States and many other countries are beginning to lift restrictions, a new, more dangerous variant of SARS-CoV-2 has appeared that has prompted serious rethinking around what containment strategies should look like moving forward. The Delta variant is not only far more transmissible than its predecessors, but it appears to be more lethal to people of all ages as well. And it doesn’t look like vaccines will be the barrier that stops it.
    We need to stop the carriers from travelling by severely curbing travel right now.

King of sapila

Forbres...Mhh..
    So anyhow I was thinking since this is a blood disease it's more possible to see vampire vaxer than zombies.
    So maybe we should see vaxpires instead of vaxbies. That was the previous post meaning about stakes, silver etc.
    So I would say that we need to stop the carriers from traveling by sea since the crew would be more vulnerable to attacks and would be a food stack till they reach the shores.

Yes the dictator. No the viable opposition, is the same if worse, that won't do, we hope a turn to the patriotic parties can save us (except of the nazi party) but we need to get organized, lock old people and our parent on election day, give free substances to hippie communist party and tell them that is Christmas and stop that remote voting that, if it's like the US, there would be a lot of fraud.
    If the opposition wins with a low voting and the dictator comes second or third they will for an alliance and do worse so we need to stop that.
    I'd say it's hopeless, at the moment. You're really a two party system, whether you like it or not. The dynamics always seem clear: One dominant party has one position, the other dominant party holds the opposite position (more or less, they may be pretty close together on most things, as the parties in the US are). If some new cause arises that motivates voters, one or the other dominant party will attempt to absorb that cause. The result is that you have two dominant parties that are kind of like the blob: Not quite defined, and willing to change to absorb new positions.

Third parties in the US, if they ever get any traction, end up being absorbed by one of the two large parties. They rarely get traction at the time of a national election. That's probably because there can only be one winner for a presidential election, which means that if you REALLY like one candidate, or, more likely, really DISLIKE one candidate, then voting for a third party doesn't make a whole lot of sense. This means that third party candidates can only win if a large percentage really dislikes both candidates, and to an equal extent. That's an improbable scenario.

Today i saw a cloud in the sky. I haven't seen one in weeks I almost forgot how it looks like. Temp dropped to 36 so we can breath a little.
    We just have smoke. It has kept the temperatures a few degrees cooler, but means that the sky is always hazy.

King of sapila

Perhaps you are correct.
    This has been going on for years and years but both the dictator and the previous communist with left pockets have gone too far.
    I'm seeing awakens in people, what needs to be done is,at least 20 or the 55%, that did not vote on previous time, to get on their feet and vote. The party dogs are a solid 15-20% total and the rest is the common poor dazed voter that they promise him/her a job or tax reductions.
    But, the previous idiot has "sold" Macedonia name and all of Macedonia (the one and only) population is against him, the current dictator is, a dictator, and a idiot, pushing vaccines by force and having high class vacations and lately lockdown islands.
    So there is hope. He is looking for early fall elections but he hesitates, the latest protest had him scared and if there is bigger protests in 10 days then the downfall is coming.
    Of course there is also you example of stealing the elections with remote voting so we may have issue with that.Will see.

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post

Check post #2645 above for links that show CNN is full of crap.
    I was thinking about that, and I'm not so sure. The problem with those earlier links is that they are broad brush approaches state by state. If you had a state where half the population lived in one area, and the other half lived in the other area, and one area was 100% vaccinated, while the other area was 0% vaccinated, then you could get above average percent vaccination while also having soaring infection. That kind of describes Washington and Idaho, though it doesn't truly describe anywhere very well. Washington has the bulk of the population jammed into a tiny portion of the geographic area west of the Cascades, while the bulk of the land is east of the Cascades, and it is much less densely populated. Vaccination isn't as extreme as that example, either, but I would guess that the overall vaccination rate in WA is pulled up by the cities west of the cascades, while eastern WA more closely resembles the low vaccination rate of Idaho. There are plenty of people in eastern WA, though, so the infection rate could be really high there, pretty low west of the cascades, and you'd have high vaccination rate with high infections.

That's not the whole story though, but it seems like it could be part of it. The other part is that the infection rate is per 1000, while the vaccination rate is per 100. If your vaccination rate is 70%, then you have 300 per 1000 that are not vaccinated, so if your infection rate is 60 per 10000...you have plenty of room to increase that infection rate.

Basically, I think you CAN have it both ways, mathematically.

PowerPoster

The scale factors don't mean much, especially without looking at the jiggering they did with ranges assigned to each color.

But you don't even have to look at that. Simply look at the vaccination map and compare it with the new cases map. There is no predictability at all.

If you really want to split hairs go look at any of the individual states that post country level maps. Once again, no correlation.

The point I was ending up at is that the vaccination rate isn't high enough anywhere to prevent the infection rate that they are showing. There are plenty of unvaccinated people everywhere to allow for the infection rate that is being displayed. There may be an upper limit as to how high the infection rate can go...or not, but at this point, there's sufficient unvaccinated population everywhere to allow it.

The Idiot

but how to explain Israel? they have vaccinated a majority of the population and still they can't contain it.

I think, as I have read somewhere that vaccinated people "can" infect non-vaccinated, so the only solution is to vaccinate 100% of the world.
    theres regions that "before" the vaccine campaign where almost corona-free, and when the vaccination started, people started to get sick. coincidence? well, if this was just one time occurrence.
    also, the virus gives plenty of opportunity to mutate inside people with non-sterilizing vaccines. so, after delta what else? a variation that will not bite with the vaccine? solution? another vaccine and another and another.
    this smells conspiracy.

at this moment they are talking about a 3rd shot as its the new normal, and the 4th after that.

what do they say about recovered? nothing, is like they don't exist, they simply say, u "also" need to get a shot. the vaccine is the answer, even a if a recovered person "is" immune. more studies should be put there.

the world has changed into a reception to get tests, vaccines and certificates. and people are stupid enough to believe in every word the politics says. (even if we all know how much they lie to us)

King of sapila

To cut a long story short.
    What is done is done.
    Covid is turning in a common flu and even lower, there is no need for vaccination and mutations will always arise, we know that.
    There are many new mutation but they don't say that, I won't say on purpose but because Delta seems to have taken control for now.
    To the denial people I would suggest not to worry as they have done their shots, to the non denial people I would suggest not to worry because the mortality is puny,ah and don't read systemic media. That goes for everyone.

PowerPoster

My point is that even vaccination rates of 50% should slow the spread yet areas with even higher levels are seeing high rates of new infections. So clearly there are other uncontrolled factors in play, and I believe that a big one (perhaps the biggest) is letting diseased bees flit unfettered from hive to hive.

We already know this from patterns we saw well before vaccination was even available, but the problem has not gone away.

It was ridiculous to let this go on from the beginning but there is still a lot to be gained from getting it under control now.

Step 1: no international travel. Lock it down hard.

Step 2: no interstate travel beyond the minimum needed to keep internal supply chains operational.

Step 3: states of any size. No personal travel beyond your region. Perhaps a radius of 30 miles or so from home.

Step 4: large cities and university communities. Interdicted forcibly, barricading or blowing highways and bridges if necessary to prevent anything but necessary supply chain transportation out.

Those restrictions could be relaxed gradually in reverse order for fully vaccinated travelers, but only after their home and destination regions reach 90% vaccination of everyone over 12 years old.

If we haven't opened up completely again internally within 6 months... well the FEMA camps can hold the stubborn unvaxxed and Quarantine Sanitariums can hold those medically unable to be vaccinated.

King of sapila

Right,right.
    Unfortunately for vaxbies it's over. Don't listen to the mediaaa.

Edit:

I admit I haven't read your message thoroughly before.
    I hope you are joking else this is one of the raciest fascist messages I've read in a long time, but I think you are kidding'
    Last edited by sapator; Jul 19th, 2021 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    but how to explain Israel? they have vaccinated a majority of the population and still they can't contain it.

I think, as I have read somewhere that vaccinated people "can" infect non-vaccinated, so the only solution is to vaccinate 100% of the world.
    Yeah, at least almost. Evolution happens. If you vaccinate people with a vaccine that causes strain A to have no chance of spreading, but the antibodies are not as effective at recognizing strain B, then A will vanish and B will spread. Survival of the fittest, nature red in tooth and claw, and so on.

The virus is pretty interesting. More so than I had originally realized. The spike protein is essentially a sheath over a second protein that actual binds to the cell. The antibodies are most effective if they go after that second protein, but a better sheath can block some of those antibodies. Thus it's something of a dance, as antibodies have to be effective against variants of the sheath, while the virus has to evolve away from those antibodies.

Israel is mostly vaccinated, and the original virus is largely absent...but the new variant...is present, just not particularly deadly. It might become, 'just the flu' for the vaccinated people...or...well, there's a new approach being worked on that is proving particularly effective. If it becomes a medicine, it may or may not be seen as a vaccine...but it might work against the common cold, as well. Sure, that doesn't kill people, but I don't know anybody who enjoys it (except some kids who want to get out of school).

theres regions that "before" the vaccine campaign where almost corona-free, and when the vaccination started, people started to get sick.
    Really, where? And while you are at it, how did they decide that they were almost corona-free? Most of the places that claimed to be corona free are places like Russia, where the official count is low, but the number of excess deaths is many times higher. Other places didn't seem to be testing, so their numbers were meaningless. There are countries, such as Greece, that did seem to be largely spared, but in most cases, those that appeared to be spared also appeared to be cooking the numbers, when studied more closely.
    also, the virus gives plenty of opportunity to mutate inside people with non-sterilizing vaccines. so, after delta what else? a variation that will not bite with the vaccine? solution? another vaccine and another and another.
    this smells conspiracy.
    No, this smells of evolution. We're ALL doing that, and doing it all the time. To rather impressive extents, in fact. I could talk about some examples of male and female mice competing in what genes get passed on, or changes in fire ant colony structure that is sweeping across the US. Viruses are no different. If they kill us quick, that's not good for them. If we pass them on quick, that's great for them. A virus that gets passed on quicker will outcompete all the other strains. If it can get past our defenses, whether vaccine-triggered or virus-triggered, then it will outcompete other strains.

The only clear way to truly stop the virus is also clearly impossible: Vaccinate around 80% of the world population in roughly the same day (or perhaps within a week). We can't, and never will be able to, so variants will have a chance to keep prodding and poking at defenses that do have holes. Given time, they'll get through, and since the virus is global and the response is haphazard...they've been given time.
    at this moment they are talking about a 3rd shot as its the new normal, and the 4th after that.
    with the mRNA vaccines, it might become the new normal. With flu vaccines, it's already normal. If you get an annual flu shot (I don't know which countries do and which don't, but it's on offer every year in the US), you should realize that it's not the same thing each year. The shot is reformulated each year for the strains that are spreading that year. Sometimes it's more effective, other times it's less effective, all depending on how that particular vaccine works against that particular flu strain...and whether the flu that year is heterogenous or homogenous.

COVID vaccines, especially the mRNA variety, have the ability to do the same thing, and do it more effectively. Sequence the genome of the virus, figure out the particular protein pattern for that variant, produce a targeted vaccine for that protein pattern. It should end up being a better formulation than the annual flu shot.
    more studies should be put there.
    Yes. A LOT more. Fortunately, the virus has also improved scientific focus in some ways (which will have some negative impacts along with the positive). After all, COVID hasn't been a thing for even two years, by now. The volume of studies is impressive, and the opportunity for long term studies is nil. We need long term to do long term studies. We'll probably get a chance.

the world has changed into a reception to get tests, vaccines and certificates. and people are stupid enough to believe in every word the politics says. (even if we all know how much they lie to us)
    It appears to be the exact opposite, to me. People are highly reluctant to believe what ANYBODY says. The less people trust the government, the more likely they are to also not trust any official, and the more likely they are to refuse the vaccine. Take Russia. Nobody trusts the government, vaccination rates are terrible, hospitals are creaking, and the death toll is soaring. Of course, nobody SHOULD trust that government, but once trust is gone, who WILL you listen to? Maybe nobody.

King of sapila

That is a HUGE post.
    Is there anything I should be reading in order to win the confrontation once more? Cuz I ain't reading all that
    Also I'm loading pillars of eternity, I think it's more important to kill the dragon right now than to debate covid.

PowerPoster

The Walking Dead are gonna walk. If they didn't there would be no zombie apocalypse.

King of sapila

Yes sir!

That is a HUGE post.
    Yeah, I was thinking "that's a huge post. Not sure I want to read it all." Then I realized I had written it. Oops.

The zombie apocalypse has been romanticized by a whole bunch of movies. There's always the heroic survivors, struggling (usually with some success) to get through it and out the other side. I've always been a bit annoyed by that.

One example would be "I am foot"....no, that's not it, but that was close.....Oh yeah, it was "I am legend" (foot is the leg end). At the end of the movie, the survivors reach a gate, which opens to reveal 'normality', guarded by armed guards.

Yeah...that's not what would happen. Our society is based on an incredibly intricate interaction between a whole bunch of industries. Once you cut out most of society, the rest will collapse and keep on collapsing back to the stone age. Along the way, though, you go through a series of intermediate stages:

1) The Apocalypse itself.
    2) The time of beeping (as all the batteries in all the smoke detectors run out and start beeping....EVERYWHERE).
    3) Mad Max (still some devices working, but nothing new being made).
    4) Twilight of the machines (all gas has turned to varnish, no new petroleum products).
    5) Decline of metals (recycled is running out, new can't be mined).
    6) Stone age.

The progression will only end prior to stage 6 if the population has not been too badly damaged such that production of goods can recover.

PowerPoster

I see the CDC moved the goalposts on their maps again today. Amazing what you can accomplish by changing the value range assigned to each color.

Anything to conceal the "dogs and cats living together" situation in California I guess. What a crock. That won't last long though.

PowerPoster

California’s New Covid Cases Roar Past 4,000 For First Time Since February; Positive Tests Up Over 30% In Past Week, Now Higher Than Overall U.S. Test Rate

The state has stopped announcing Covid numbers on the weekends, instead issuing one big number on Monday. Today, that three-day total was 14,097, which breaks down to an average of 4,667 new cases per day. The last time daily case numbers were that high in the state was February 22 of this year during the winter surge. Test numbers are way down since February, however, which means a greater number of new cases may be going undetected. Also, case numbers are usually lower over the weekend and on Mondays because fewer people get tested on weekends. That does not bode well for the coming week.

Likewise, the state’s 7-day average test positivity hit 4.1% on Monday. According to the state dashboard, that’s up 1.1% in just the past 7 days, which is a 37% rise week-over-week. It’s also higher than the overall U.S. test positivity rate, which say at 3.77% on Monday, according to Johns Hopkins University. The CA number is especially concerning because, unlike raw case numbers, it is an average and it accounts for the rise and fall in testing

King of sapila

The apocalypse is an interesting subject, on how it will happen and why.
    There are other issues like population eating all the food and consume all natural resources. It would be helpful here (theoretically) if we destroy more than 80% of the population (with something like and escaped virus that only a few will have the real cure, hmm, rings a bell?) but that will not do in the end. So what must be done is space travel for resources. Either reaaaaly long space travel or short travel and ways to harvest the goods of planet giants like Zeus or Uranus.
    I'm thinking sometimes that it would be nice if I would be born a couple of thousands of years later to see what we would have accomplished but then I think that we might just have blown ourselves up or vaxbies rule the earth or something. I'm also betting that Microsoft would be making lousy products even then
    But yes that is an interesting subject.

My cousin is here, we need to play a couple of hundred of games for 2 weeks so I won't be posting much.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    One example would be "I am foot"....no, that's not it, but that was close.....Oh yeah, it was "I am legend" (foot is the leg end). At the end of the movie, the survivors reach a gate, which opens to reveal 'normality', guarded by armed guards.

Yeah...that's not what would happen. Our society is based on an incredibly intricate interaction between a whole bunch of industries. Once you cut out most of society, the rest will collapse and keep on collapsing back to the stone age. Along the way, though, you go through a series of intermediate stages:
    The original book had a much more interesting take on things, the ending in the movie has nothing to do with the original story and even makes the title meaningless.

PowerPoster

I still prefer the Charlton Heston movie they made.

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I still prefer the Charlton Heston movie they made.
    Which one?

Omega Man
    Soylent Green
    Planet Of The Apes

Zeus and Uranus are improbable. Too far to be readily manageable, too big to be easily worked. The asteroids are much more reasonable...assuming they have useful metals, which is a bit dicey. The rings of Saturn might be interesting, as would some of the moons. On the other hand, since we already HAVE an asteroid belt, I move that the rings around Uranus be renamed the hemorrhoid belt.

PowerPoster

The Omega Man was based on the "I Am Legend" book.

PowerPoster

Watch out for those pesky Klingons out there hanging around Uranus.

Back in high school, I had an English teacher who was well known to have a newspaper headline clipped out and posted over her desk in the teachers lounge. The headline read, "Are there rings of debris around Uranus?"

Superbly Moderated NeedSomeAnswers's Avatar

Another Mr conspiracy nobody here. The first part is fine, you can take a look but I would advise looking at the second part about vaccines after careful consideration as I would have thrown up if I was vaccinated and looked at this. Vaxbies gonna vaxb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6LjEXxj3CU
    Wow I feel somewhat grubby after listening to that nonsense

How can you take someone seriously who right at the beginning states that Covid is so similar to other corona viruses that our body's immune system will figure out own its own how to deal with it !!!!!

He either is comparing Covid to the Common Cold which is the main coronavirus in general circulation OR he is saying that the original SARS and MERS are virus's that the body's immune system are able to deal with naturally.

Either way he is absolutely crackers
    Please Mark your Thread "Resolved", if the query is solved & Rate those who have helped you

Page 67 of 137 FirstFirst ... 17576465666768697077117 ... LastLast