Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Wow, looks like the best place to be right now is either Russia or Africa....and that's likely the first time THAT particular sentence has ever been written.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

At least we are safe here in the US...according to Trump anyway. He says:

“We only have 11 cases, and they’re all getting better. ... It looks like by April, in theory, when it gets a little warmer, it miraculously goes away.

And most recently:

“I think that’s a problem that’s going to go away,” ... The virus “is very well under control in our country.”

And even his National Economic Council Director Larry Kudlow has said:

“We have contained this, I won’t say airtight but pretty close to airtight,”

And who would know better than him

So don't run out and buy face masks just yet. Trump is on top of it.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

When were those #'s thrown out?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

shows that there are currently 49 verified infected in the US.. far cry from 11.

King of sapila

First one in Greece also!
    WE---ARE--ALL----GOING---TO---FFFFKKKKKN-------DIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Quote Originally Posted by kfcSmitty View Post
    When were those #'s thrown out?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

shows that there are currently 49 verified infected in the US.. far cry from 11.
    What...you expect Trump to be accurate? He can't even tell the truth about where his father was born...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...ny-third-time/

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

Yeah, but Trump corrected it back to 11 with a sharpie.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

He adjusted his weight down by the same percentage.

Now we can relax, Mike Pence is in charge. Pence once called global warming a “myth,” downplayed the health risks of smoking, and as governor of Indiana, led his state into an HIV crisis by cutting funding to Planned Parenthood and initially opposing needle exchange programs. He also has no medical experience.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump...b66622ed768d31

King of sapila

COVID-19: Approximately 2,770 deaths reported worldwide; 0 deaths in the U.S., as of Feb. 26, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    COVID-19: Approximately 2,770 deaths reported worldwide; 0 deaths in the U.S., as of Feb. 26, 2020.

Flu: 291,000 to 646,000 deaths worldwide; 12,000 to 61,000 deaths in the U.S. per year.
    I'm not sure what your point is but let's re-post those stats this time next year...

King of sapila

My point is that this overexaggeration is nonsense.
    I've been ill with the flue for over a week now. I got a high fever , my nose drips, I have headaches my body hurts my eyes drips and I'm dizzy and I am coughing like crazy.
    I haven't done any anti flue shots or get medication (other than an occasional aspirin pill) and I see the corona virus hype and I'm like .

How do you know it is "overexaggeration/nonsense" when it just got started. In just a matter of weeks it is all over the world. I hope WHO isn't thinking...this is over exaggerated nonsense. I'll bet Trump agrees with you though

King of sapila

The vaccine is coming soon so you can quit busting my @s

The vaccine is coming soon so you can quit busting my @s
    You got a deal...

King of sapila

Just got an idea.
    Having the flue will prevent corona. So I'm willing to send some handkerchiefs so you can get the flue and be safe. Only 49.95$ + postage.

Just got an idea.
    Having the flue will prevent corona. So I'm willing to send some handkerchiefs so you can get the flue and be safe. Only 49.95$ + postage.
    Thanks but, my wife just flew some in from China...

King of sapila

Wha?!
    That is the Corona virus from China! Quick send me 49,95 + postage so I can ship you regular flue to fight the corona virus!
    Meantime barricade you wife to the basement, put out a red flag and start running with your underwear round and round to the streets screaming "we got Corona! We are all going to dieeeeeee!!!!!!" Just don't hold a Corona Beer in your hand when doing so.

My point is that this overexaggeration is nonsense.
    I've been ill with the flue for over a week now. I got a high fever , my nose drips, I have headaches my body hurts my eyes drips and I'm dizzy and I am coughing like crazy.
    I haven't done any anti flue shots or get medication (other than an occasional aspirin pill) and I see the corona virus hype and I'm like .
    No, no! Bring on the overexaggeration. I agree that people are getting way too worked up about covid, but there's no real harm in that. I want to see a good old-fashioned, hair on fire, freak out. We had a guy come back from China recently. Nobody heard from him for a couple days, so the police went to check on him and found him dead. That could have caused pure pandemonium, but two different tests came back negative for covid 19, so there won't be people running around in the streets screaming.

I've only been in one full one panic, and it was pretty entertaining. It wasn't really a panic, as everybody pretty much acted responsibly, but they still went home and stayed home (it was a hurricane warning in the Florida Keys, so battening down the hatches was a pretty reasonable response). A virus scare would be much more interesting.

Just yesterday, I was discussing the possibilities with a couple friends at work. If they told us to stay home for a week, I'd be like, "I was planning to anyways." I WANT a good overreaction, I just hope it doesn't happen so far from me that we don't get swept up in the hysteria.

Pence is as useful as snake mittens, but at least he's totally ineffective and spineless, as well. He makes a good scapegoat.

I don't remember the SAR epidemic. I wonder if people accused others of overreacting at the beginning. Probably happened with the bubonic plague also. People in France said the whole thing was an exaggeration because it was just in Spain and wouldn't affect them

King of sapila

Lol, comparing to the bubonic plague...
    So anyhow, so far we got 3 Coronas and One school is closed and decontaminated. No deaths so far just a couple from flue.
    So how about that flue shipping cure? I will give you this also for free https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEM-Of-A-Cl...swP5F9fq_PGc6Q .

Edit. As a matter of fact, since that school is really close to where I work, 15-20 km's I'll just go home and start sneezing on some handkerchiefs so I can pass the cure when we are on a...bubonic plaque epidemic state. Probably couple of days from now, or hours...
    WE ARE GOING TO DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course in 4 hours the Baldur's gate 3 gameplay is coming live so I hope I overlive the flue till then so I can see it!
    Last edited by sapator; Feb 27th, 2020 at 10:50 AM.

Lol, comparing to the bubonic plague...
    So anyhow, so far we got 3 Coronas and One school is closed and decontaminated. No deaths so far just a couple from flue.
    So how about that flue shipping cure? I will give you this also for free https://www.ebay.com/itm/TEM-Of-A-Cl...swP5F9fq_PGc6Q .
    Even the plague started small somewhere...

King of sapila

Correct. Or AIDS or Ebola or Typhus.
    I tell you we are doomed! Although they did not have the means for a vaccine back then and we have them now since, it's a FLUE, i think , roughly, 35% of the people in this forum are late goners. I'll sneeze to the page now. Hold your breath!

There's a lot of talk about pipes in a thread about a virus.

https://grammarist.com/spelling/flu-flue/

Me..."Hey google, Do you have a coronavirus tip for me"?

Google...."Remember those surgical mask you are all buying for the coronavirus, Well, They were all made in China"

PowerPoster

Unfortunately, COVID-19 has become a global infectious disease. But from the beginning of the epidemic to now, I deeply realize that rumors, panic and discrimination are 10,000 times more destructive than viruses.

Correct. Or AIDS or Ebola or Typhus.
    I tell you we are doomed! Although they did not have the means for a vaccine back then and we have them now since, it's a FLUE, i think , roughly, 35% of the people in this forum are late goners. I'll sneeze to the page now. Hold your breath!
    I can just picture you on the Titanic right after it hit the ice berg. Don't overreact; this ship is unsinkable

Quote Originally Posted by dreammanor View Post
    Unfortunately, COVID-19 has become a global infectious disease. But from the beginning of the epidemic to now, I deeply realize that rumors, panic and discrimination are 10,000 times more destructive than viruses.
    They said that about AIDS too. There were about 770,000 deaths from AIDS in 2018. That also started out very small with lots of denials.

King of sapila

Oh, for crying out load!
    You are comparing a flue to pancreas cancer.
    Are you a doctor?
    Do you have any evidence that this virus is as destructive as AIDS or plague? Only 0.4 - 2.9 are deaths and deaths were from people with already elevated health issues.
    From what I am reading a simple vaccine coming that will do the trick. You can't use a simple vaccine and get rid of AIDS, if you can ever get rid of AIDS.
    What are you are comparing? Are you drunk? Are you crazy? Are you running with your underpants in the neighborhood as suggested? Do you want me to get over there and sneeze on you?
    My flue also cures all the aforementioned viruses. Only 49,95 + postage. You want one?

Oh, for crying out load!
    You are comparing a flue to pancreas cancer.
    Are you a doctor?
    Do you have any evidence that this virus is as destructive as AIDS or plague? Only 0.4 - 2.9 are deaths and deaths were from people with already elevated health issues.
    From what I am reading a simple vaccine coming that will do the trick. You can't use a simple vaccine and get rid of AIDS, if you can ever get rid of AIDS.
    What are you are comparing? Are you drunk? Are you crazy? Are you running with your underpants in the neighborhood as suggested? Do you want me to get over there and sneeze on you?
    My flue also cures all the aforementioned viruses. Only 49,95 + postage. You want one?
    I was referring to "I deeply realize that rumors, panic and discrimination are 10,000 times more destructive than viruses." Those same kind of things were said about the AIDS VIRUS

Do you have any evidence that this virus is will not be as destructive as AIDS or plague down the road?

Are you a Doctor? You can't even spell flu right. So you can't speak to this with any more certainty than me.

I'm just being a devil's advocate and playing around here; please don't take my posts so literally because that literally does make my blood boil.

I've been drunk and called crazy. But I can recognize sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by reexre View Post
    Looks like a static version of this one:
    http://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/ap...23467b48e9ecf6

The numbers are vastly different now...

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

PowerPoster

I suspect that the number of COVID-19 patients in U.S. may be much larger than the number shown(even more than 10,000). But most patients didn't know they were infected with COVID-19, they thought they just got the flu, and then they recovered on their own after 7 days.

From October 2019 to the present, more than 20,000 people have died from flu in the United States.
    Last edited by dreammanor; Feb 27th, 2020 at 02:22 PM.

The Northern California woman has contracted the coronavirus was in a small hospital for a few days being treated for the "normal" flu before they determined it was COVID-19. They are now testing the staff and people who may have come in contact with her there.

PowerPoster

Perhaps the COVID-19 virus began to spread globally in early 2019. In April and May 2019, there were many cases of death from unknown pneumonia worldwide, but these unknown pneumonias were all thought to be caused by electronic cigarettes at the time.

The flu only has a 14-day incubation period.... the COVID-19 has a 20-day incubation period... at least I think that's right ... which would make it harder to track, as well as contain since it takes longer for symptoms to set in. By the time it does, people may not make the connection of where they may have gotten it from since it was close to three weeks prior.

-tg
    * I don't respond to private (PM) requests for help. It's not conducive to the general learning of others.*
    * I also don't respond to friend requests. Save a few bits and don't bother. I'll just end up rejecting anyways.*
    * How to get EFFECTIVE help: The Hitchhiker's Guide to Getting Help at VBF - Removing eels from your hovercraft *
    * How to Use Parameters * Create Disconnected ADO Recordset Clones * Set your VB6 ActiveX Compatibility * Get rid of those pesky VB Line Numbers * I swear I saved my data, where'd it run off to??? *

Are you running with your underpants in the neighborhood as suggested?
    Well....yeah, I guess I was running in the neighborhood in my underpants this morning.

To be fair, I was wearing shorts over them, but I WAS still in my upderpants.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    But I can recognize sarcasm.
    Well, there you go. You probably can't.
    Anyhow we got 3-4 doctors in our company so... They seem calm.
    Yes the virus won't be as destructive because there is no FLUE in summer so that would be kaput. We got 2 month for Greece, tops. Even if we start dropping like flies we can't top regular flue or , AIDS... or sarcasm.
    I've been called drunk and crazy also. Mix it with the whole post, it was not meant to be what you think it was.
    What about my sneezer handkerchiefs ?

Anyhow remind me to rub it in your face in a month or so.
    (You underwear running freak! )
    Last edited by sapator; Feb 28th, 2020 at 03:12 AM.

King of sapila

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Well....yeah, I guess I was running in the neighborhood in my underpants this morning.

Nude on top?
    Ohhh sexxxyyyy!!

Quote Originally Posted by techgnome View Post
    The flu only has a 14-day incubation period.... the COVID-19 has a 20-day incubation period... at least I think that's right ... which would make it harder to track, as well as contain since it takes longer for symptoms to set in. By the time it does, people may not make the connection of where they may have gotten it from since it was close to three weeks prior.

-tg
    Here in the Philippines they quarantine PUIs for 14 days only, I sure wish it would be 20 days just to be safer.
    Regards,

As a gesture of gratitude please consider rating helpful posts. c",)

Some stuffs: Mouse Hotkey | Compress file using SQL Server! | WPF - Rounded Combobox | WPF - Notify Icon and Balloon | NetVerser - a WPF chatting system

An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth

I don't think panic is ever useful but we are at the point where we should be taking Corona seriously, IMO. While the death rate is still very low the contagion rate outside China is reaching the point where contacts can no longer be tracked and isolated. That means that containment/delay is likely to become inneffective.

That doesn't mean quarantining whole cities a la China (I don't think many regimes outside of China could anyway) but companies should start making sure they can cope with increased absences and/or making sure staff can work from home; schools should be preparing to close if the need arises; we should all be boning up on what the likely symptoms are and thinking about how to self isolate if necessary (basically, make sure your fridge is fully stocked and that you've got plenty of bog-roll). The steps we should be taking aren't expensive or onerous and we really should be prepared, just in case.

It actually probably won't be a vaccine or innoculation that kills off Corona (it wasn't for Sars, Bird Flu or Swine Flu), it'll be spring. Viruses don't like warm weather.

Why would you wear shorts on your head?! That's just crazy talk.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

Page 3 of 137 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast