Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129 ... LastLast
Results 4,721 to 4,760 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

  1. #4721
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Certainly you know of the UN World Food Program, Red Cross, Doctors without Border and on and on. I don't know the exact number of people these humanitarian organizations help but the WFP alone helps close to 100million. Add in local charities, food banks, churches... it has to add up 100's of millions of people lives are made better. There are a lot more that need help. We have so much more that needs to be achieved as humans. But for some reason you want to claim they don't make a difference. I disagree.
    Wow. I see the problem now. You drank the Kool Aid

    Charities and organizations like the Red Cross are not new things. They pretty much have always existed, even if called different things. You would think that famines, wars, sex trafficking etc would all be solved by now with the amount of time they have invested in fighting the problem, but it's not. There are still famines, wars etc.

    These organizations are not making a difference. Picture a sinking ship. These organizations, assuming they are completely altruistic and not corrupt, are the equivalent to a bunch of people with buckets bailing out water. They don't make much of a difference, they just make the ship go down slower. The real solution is to fix the ship. If people really cared as much as you believe, they would fix the ship instead of committing themselves to perpetually bailing out water.

    Let's look at famine for a moment. There are more than enough resources on the planet to solve this yet it hasn't been solved. This is because not enough people care and also because not enough people that matter care. Do you honestly believe that the powerful elite of the world can't solve famine? They can but they won't. They are driven primarily by self interest. This is the truth of the world.
    Last edited by Niya; Jan 15th, 2022 at 02:08 AM.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  2. #4722
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Wow. I see the problem now. You drank the Kool Aid

    Charities and organizations like the Red Cross are not new things. They pretty much have always existed, even if called different things. You would think that famines, wars, sex trafficking etc would all be solved by now with the amount of time they have invested in fighting the problem, but it's not. There are still famines, wars etc.

    These organizations are not making a difference. Picture a sinking ship. These organizations, assuming they are completely altruistic and not corrupt, are the equivalent to a bunch of people with buckets bailing out water. They don't make much of a difference, they just make the ship go down slower. The real solution is to fix the ship. If people really cared as much as you believe, they would fix the ship instead of committing themselves to perpetually bailing out water.

    Let's look at famine for a moment. There are more than enough resources on the planet to solve this yet it hasn't been solved. This is because not enough people care and also because not enough people that matter care. Do you honestly believe that the powerful elite of the world can't solve famine? They can but they won't. They are driven primarily by self interest. This is the truth of the world.
    What a bizarre reply.

    Who said charities were new. Who said charities are the solution. I didn't state any opinion on what causes the problems of the world. It was a simple statement of I think there are people that care and try to help others and their efforts make a difference. If you don't think providing food, clothes, medical treatments for 100's of million of people makes a difference then I'll say no more to you about it.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Jan 15th, 2022 at 03:47 AM.

  3. #4723
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    this topics u have now, about organizations, omg, you need to watch: https://www.bitchute.com/channel/ws4fMTn6yNc7/
    that I linked last page.
    it is exactly about that. it show (real footage) of people in organizations that are all about "helping" that instead are used to do the opposite.

    it is not uncommon that you get a "new virus outbreak", when help organizations encamp in a region. like recent Haiti, after the disaster.
    the help organization did have a research tent, with dangerous virus and bacteria that leaked to a river and infected people.
    a sane person would ask. why do put a research tent in a disaster zone, and with viruses/bacteria, for what? to do research? was not the reason they got there to help the people?

    another one, in episode 3/4 was about sex trafficking, and especially about kids, that the organization that should help kids, instead kidnapped them.
    unbelievable, but you can see in the footage, many people got arrested, and it seems its vast, connecting many people on high positions. terrifying.

    what Im trying to say is that not everything is what it seems to be.
    if media is creating fake news, without any problem everywhere in the world, you need to be aware that you can not just believe in everything it says.

  4. #4724
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    what Im trying to say is that not everything is what it seems to be.
    if media is creating fake news, without any problem everywhere in the world, you need to be aware that you can not just believe in everything it says.
    I don't know anyone who believe everything is what is seems to be. I don't know anyone that believes everything the media say. But I do know a lot of people that choose to believe the things that fit their view of the world.

    I know that charities aren't all good people but I also know millions of peoples lives are better because of them. Probably million of lives are saved because of them. I don't want to debate the numbers, I'm just glad for any help they provide for people in need. I'm grateful for the kindness I see in people on a daily basis.

  5. #4725
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    of course, humans are not just rotten people. there are a lot of good people doing a lot of good.

    the question is not that. to claim that humans are all evil.
    but that theres an entity, organisation, group, u name it, that are doing evil things behind our backs.
    creating fake news, controlling media, controlling politicians, companies etc.

    thats the important thing. to be aware of that, so you have that "critical mind" to not just "believe" in the narrative from the media tells you. to be open minded.

    this is the whole reason why we are not united. some people choose to believe and some choose to not believe.
    and actually I dont want that, I want to believe in the media. that we all get the same information, only truth and nothing else.
    but unfortunately they have showed to not be trusted.
    the same with politicians, telling lies after lies after lies until theres no more trust. and why should I believe in them during the corona crisis? they have been lying the whole time and now suddenly they are honest?

    so, I want to use the same "critical thinking" with the corona crisis. I don't want to swallow what the government is telling me. because if theres corruption behind it, I want to be sure.
    and after research, looking around, talking to people, experience it myself, and more research, looking at data etc, Im now here, in this position that the whole thing is dirty. really dirty. and its scary.
    Last edited by baka; Jan 15th, 2022 at 04:53 AM.

  6. #4726
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    4,067

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    There is literally a sea of conspiracy theories.
    There is "another internet" out there.

    When you realize that Google and all mayor media is hiding all this content from us, what is easy to discover and prove, it opens the door to all this.

    One portal to that underground content seems to be https://www.bitchute.com/
    But there are any kind of things, like https://www.geoengineeringwatch.org

    You don't know what to believe any more.

    Because if our society is so much in hands of these criminal organizations, any of this may be true.
    I'm a bit overwhelmed with all this stuff (and with little time right now).

    The world seems to be working in another level that normal people like us have no idea.
    The problem is that now there is a contact, a close contact, because we are seeing some things they are doing, like enforcing vaccination, that are affecting to us.
    And now people like us, that otherwise would have stayed "sleeping well", is starting to ask questions and researching.

  7. #4727
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    most be the equivalent law.
    it says that everything need to even out.
    so there can not be one energy without the counter part.

    so if this apply here. if theres an evil organization, there need to be a counter part for that.
    that gives me hope. that is not just darkness, theres also light.

    that is why its important to wake up, to look around, to be curious, to not accept the narrative, but to question it, to look at all sides, to dare to change perspective, to read something uncomfortable.

    to always seek after the truth, no matter what.

  8. #4728
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    A nice fever can be quite entertaining.
    Are you really "pitching" that?
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  9. #4729
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    What a bizarre reply.

    Who said charities were new. Who said charities are the solution. I didn't state any opinion on what causes the problems of the world. It was a simple statement of I think there are people that care and try to help others and their efforts make a difference. If you don't think providing food, clothes, medical treatments for 100's of million of people makes a difference then I'll say no more to you about it.
    Ok let me simplify it. The world was built and is governed by the self interest of a few very powerful people. A charity here and a kind act there doesn't change that. The people that win in the world are the people that put themselves first. The wars, famines etc are a direct result of this. Anecdotal evidence of kindness doesn't change the fact that people in general only care about themselves. And kindness certainly doesn't drive the people that run the world.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  10. #4730
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,412

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    That's a very negative view. In the arc of history, we have become less tribal, less brutal, and so on. Sure, there are people who can gain great advantage by using the rules to their advantage, or breaking the rules, and usually a bit of both. But most countries have gotten better when you look over hundreds of years. That isn't happening due to the sum of all the people doing bad things, it's due to the sum of all the people doing things that are on average a bit better than their parents. There's plenty of evidence over the centuries, that the belief in a dark force pulling the strings, is nothing new...and yet the arc of history is still bending towards good.

    That arc can only exist is people are trying to make the world a better place, since we all know that there are people pushing in the opposite direction.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  11. #4731
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    That arc can only exist is people are trying to make the world a better place, since we all know that there are people pushing in the opposite direction.
    So it's an "arc". All this time I thought it was the "Force". lol

    I do enjoy reading your views. You have a unique way of explaining them.

  12. #4732
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    That's a very negative view. In the arc of history, we have become less tribal, less brutal, and so on. Sure, there are people who can gain great advantage by using the rules to their advantage, or breaking the rules, and usually a bit of both. But most countries have gotten better when you look over hundreds of years. That isn't happening due to the sum of all the people doing bad things, it's due to the sum of all the people doing things that are on average a bit better than their parents. There's plenty of evidence over the centuries, that the belief in a dark force pulling the strings, is nothing new...and yet the arc of history is still bending towards good.

    That arc can only exist is people are trying to make the world a better place, since we all know that there are people pushing in the opposite direction.
    Ok look. I like you guys and know that what I'm about to say is nothing personal. It is not intended as an attack or anything like that. However, what I'm going to talk about will be a bit personal to me. My hand are literally shaking while writing this because I simply cannot believe how blind some of you are to reality.

    You guys are overly naive about how the world really functions and just how treacherous the world really is. I live in a 3rd world country. I don't live in some nice utopia like some of you where you believe in things like the rule of law and the general good of humanity. Now don't get me wrong, I'm happy to live where I live and my life and my environment is not perfect but it's home. I don't think I'd want to live anywhere else. That being said, the level of naivety you guys seem to have just won't fly over here. Now I could talk about the numerous problems we have in our own country but what I really want to talk about is what your countries are really doing in the world.

    You guys have no idea how treacherous your countries(US, China, other first world nations really are). An entire novel could be written on this alone. I'll give one example. The USA is in some kind of economic cold war with one of our neighbors. Now we are an ally of the United States. We have an extradition treaty with them. We do trade with them. But make no mistake, they have no problem pushing their weight around for their own selfish reasons. The most recent I could think of was being ordered by the US not to enter into an oil deal with this neighbor that would could have alleviated a lot of economic problems for us. We have nothing to do with their problems but because the US has a problem with them, we are forced to tow the line, even to our own detriment. You think the US is going to compensate us for any potential losses? Hell no. And what do you think will happen to us if our government chose to defy the US for our own benefit? At best, we end up like Cuba or at worst, they send warships down here and make up some garbage to justify military action to the American public and the world at large. Anyone remember Iraq? Where were the WMDs?

    To touch on the present briefly, right now we are being flooded with refugees thanks to economic interference by the United State's Cental Intelligence Agency in the region that destroyed our neighbor economically and socially. Our economy is now suffering because of something we have nothing to do with. Do you think our so-called ally, the US is helping us with the situation? Hell no. They could care less. They come here, do what they want and then leave. They don't care about the damage they cause. So don't you guys dare tell me about my negative views. We are living a reality you guys only see in movies and 5 minute clips on CNN.

    I could go on and on about all the **** we have been forced to eat down here because we are too small a country to fight back against the big powers of the world that have interests in the region. This is why when I read what you and west4dbt write, all I could think is you guys really do not have a clue. You guys are incredibly naive. I don't blame you. How could you possibly know what your countries are really doing half way around the world. CNN would have you believe that the US is the shining beacon of freedom and justice in the world......GARBAGE. JUST PURE RUBBISH!!!

    I'm honestly happy that you guys live in a society that shelters you enough to have such an optimistic outlook. I really am and I hope you guys know how lucky you are to have that. Do not take it for granted.

    .....

    PS. This is probably the most emotional post I've ever written online. Now I need to calm down. Talking about this got me so angry.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  13. #4733
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,412

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Umm, do you really think that is a surprise? Why bother writing a book about it, just read one. How about...what was the title....I think it was "Americas Savage Wars of Peace", or perhaps that was the subtitle. It was about all the little wars, invasions, overthrows, and the like that were conducted against central and south American countries by the US for decades from the vicinity of the Civil War (1800s) up into WW II. There was even a manual written as to how to conduct such wars. One of the points of the book was that the manual was lost in the 1940s, people were replaced, moved on, and so forth, and some of that was the reason for Vietnam.

    One could go further back than the Civil War, as the Monroe Doctrine is older, and the Mexican-American War predated the Civil War by a bit, but the Monroe Doctrine was a toothless principle at the time it was stated. We didn't even HAVE a navy, at the time, so we could say whatever we wanted, but had no means to put it into practice. The only advantage we had was a shorter supply line. The Mexican-American War was a sketchier endeavor, as well, though what it really did was train a bunch of officers who then led both armies in the Civil War. It wasn't until after that war that we had a real army and navy, though even then, they weren't considered all that impressive.

    Your neighbor, I would assume, is Venezuela. That country has an interesting impact on US politics, as well. It was fairly frequently suggested that fear of what happened in Venezuela was what caused Trump to win Florida in both 2016 and 2020 (though especially the latter).

    So, yeah, we probably aren't as ignorant as you think. We're well aware that we talk a good line and don't live up to it. Liberals complain about that pretty constantly. Criticism of the failings of the US to live up to its purported standards is one of the things that conservatives get worked up about. When Trump said "Make America Great Again", it was partly "stop saying bad things about the US", and he wasn't talking about you. He doesn't care what you say.

    It also has nothing much to do with the arc of history that I mentioned, because if you go back two hundred years, we were worse off than pretty nearly any nation in the world today.

    I've stated several times on here that I'm well aware that I'm in about the least discriminated against segment of the population that has ever lived. You do realize that to recognize that I also have to acknowledge that anybody in the other categories get plenty of discrimination, right? I'm well aware of my good fortune. You even objected to me attributing that good fortune to those around me, and the people who know me rather than to my actions.

    So, what do you want? Should we burn down the world till we're all at your level? Should I say that my life sucks just because somebody else has it worse? I'm not unaware of your situation. You've been crapped on, and you crap on other people. Guess what, not all lives are like yours. Those lives are just as real to the people living them as yours is to you. So what can we possibly DO about it?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  14. #4734
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    This is a little too personal for me and as I said I like you guys. I've always liked you Shaggy and I do not want to have a falling out with you over this. You're one of the most reasonable people here and one of the nicest people I have ever met online. So before this gets out of hand, I would say one last thing on this. Reading about it and living it are two completely different things.

    As for what I want you guys to do about it? Nothing. No one can do anything about it. What sticks in my craw is when you guys try to paint this rosy picture of the world and the nature of people that I know for a fact is pure fantasy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    So, yeah, we probably aren't as ignorant as you think. We're well aware that we talk a good line and don't live up to it
    There are things CNN won't tell you and things you won't find on Wikipedia. You have no idea about the extent of things you don't know. But I'll leave it there.
    Last edited by Niya; Jan 15th, 2022 at 04:50 PM.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  15. #4735
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I've stated several times on here that I'm well aware that I'm in about the least discriminated against segment of the population that has ever lived. You do realize that to recognize that I also have to acknowledge that anybody in the other categories get plenty of discrimination, right? I'm well aware of my good fortune. You even objected to me attributing that good fortune to those around me, and the people who know me rather than to my actions.
    I get the impression from several people that by acknowledging the good then your not capable of recognizing the bad or you don't know about the bad things. It's flawed logic.

    Oh and one their favorites, your views are shaped by CNN and Wikipedia. lol

  16. #4736
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,452

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I think it is a consequence of wealth concentration more than politics, though year by year the two have become more indistinguishable. You can go back to any era though and not find many differences except perhaps in degree.

    Wealth is power and as we've known for ages power corrupts.

  17. #4737
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,412

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    The problem is that it IS a rosy picture for a significant portion of the world. Everybody thinks their problems are bad, some people are objectively right. But for hundreds of millions out of the billions of people in the world, things aren't all that bad. A bunch of those people do try to make things better for the rest, they just aren't all that effective at it.

    Dandelions are a plant in the US that people try to eradicate from their lawns in the nicer suburbs. But dandelions have one notable characteristic: They green up VERY early in the spring. Opinions about the humble dandelion were a whole lot different perhaps only 100 years back in the US. The reason was that it was the first green food that a lot of people were able to get in the spring. They were an important source of essential nutrients and vitamins after a lean winter. Though I've had dandelions (they taste like a gritty spinach, to me), I tend to get those nutrients and vitamins from the store. That just shows that it isn't all that long ago that things weren't so good here, either. My grandmother used to club porcupines for the $0.25/head bounty.

    The fact that hundreds of years ago was more brutal, and hundreds of years hence may be better, doesn't change a thing for anybody alive today.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  18. #4738
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,048

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    I think it is a consequence of wealth concentration more than politics...
    Yep, and the concentrations we see today, are what's causing "all the weird things" we encounter recently.

    Capitalism as a system-approach only works well, when politics and "the law" -
    can manage to limit such money-concentration...
    (putting a cap on it, so that "a bunch of smaller and mid-sized companies" are basically "all there is" in the "money-hierarchy")

    The same "caps and laws" being in place, when it comes to "the banking-system".

    And sure, that was recognized - and "anti-monopoly"-institutions were put in place -
    and it worked for a while (up into the late 50's, I guess) - and the approach died
    basically at the point, where JFK was taken out...

    So there seems to be a "rule" here, that capitalism due to its inherent nature,
    will inevitably produce these "large enough concentrations", which will corrupt and twist
    this approach (the one "most in line with human nature"), into an abomination at some point.

    That's "old news" - and basically what the works of Marx -
    (who was basically an economist, more than a philosopher or revolutionary) -
    have pointed out (that "unlimited growth" will cause "unlimited concentration of money" -
    and in the end "unlimited corruption" ... (it's systemic, and as said, inevitable).

    And well, growing up in a "socialist country" (eastern germany),
    the alternative "systemic approaches" do not seem to work that well either -
    (mostly because also here, where basically everything is owned by - and in the responsibility of "the state",
    we have "one big money-concentration" - usually along with "a single party", which sits on it.

    <sigh>
    So, along comes Mr Schwab and the "World-Economic-Forum" - offering "their solution".
    - encouraging "the elite" (politicians included), to "embrace that concentration of money and power"
    - to embrace the idea of the eradication of the entire middle-class
    - along with a "media-bombarded, brainwashed MOB" who's weak, uneducated and "happy to own nothing"

    I've looked at a few of the recorded "Zoom-sessions" on their site -
    and am (after watching 2 or 3 of them) sick to my stomach, because the "global corps" -
    (including the "global media-corps") seem to "eat it all up".

    So, other than was stated here (by Shaggy, I think):
    - "the lobbies" are definitely not "balancing themselves out" (drawing on strings in opposite directions)
    - nope, they are "united behind the Schwab-banner"
    - and there's an enormous amount of communication and coordination going on behind the scenes

    Not sure, what can be done about all that (regarding: "splitting up these money-concentrations") -
    because this seems a nearly impossible task, because they are that big, that a single government can do nothing about it...
    (the "If you go through with that, then I'm outa here (of this country)"-card is in the meantime far too easy to play for the big corps).

    Olaf
    Last edited by Schmidt; Jan 16th, 2022 at 02:04 AM.

  19. #4739
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Ahh, we are now entering interesting waters and this topic may well be the root cause for all this madness we are currently going through. The great reset. The current financial system is at the end of its lifespan. Does anybody really think that all the country debt can be paid back at some point in the future? The system was close to its collapse shortly before the pandemic and only by “printing” huge amounts of new money, allegedly to soften the impact of the pandemic, it was possible to buy some more time.
    The fiat monetary system, implemented by Nixon unilaterally, is the reason for prospering 1st worlds and suffering 3rd worlds. If we, the 1st worlds, would pay other countries in fair money, we would, over time, lower our living standards and improving theirs.
    Some theories also link the aforementioned JFK assassination with Executive Order 11110 which is about silver certificates.
    At the time Nixon abandoned the gold standard, the US had probably printed a lot more dollars than they had gold in their reserves and thus cheating on every other nation that parted in Bretton Woods. The rest of the world accepted this with gritted teeth.

  20. #4740
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    Oh and one their favorites, your views are shaped by CNN and Wikipedia.
    Yep. Americans were actually gullible enough to believe that America invaded Iraq to give the Iraqi people freedom.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  21. #4741
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Yep. Americans were actually gullible enough to believe that America invaded Iraq to give the Iraqi people freedom.
    I'd say not many. The main selling point was Weapons of Mass Destruction and getting rid of Saddam Hussein. But those claims didn't originate from CNN. The news media was happy to prove that was a lie. You really don't seem to have a very clear understanding of Americans. Scepticism is alive and well here in the US.

    But that really is not the point. You made that statement to SH,

    There are things CNN won't tell you and things you won't find on Wikipedia.
    Did you think he didn't know that or that's what he uses to shape his views? Actually there probably isn't very much they wont tell you once it's clear they can't avoid the facts that other news agencies are reporting. And there are a lot of competing news agencies here. They work hard at pointing out each other misrepresentation.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Jan 16th, 2022 at 04:05 AM.

  22. #4742
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,048

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    ...there are a lot of competing news agencies here.
    They work hard at pointing out each other misrepresentation.
    How naive can one be?
    There is no real competition anymore among anything.

    The news-channels are all owned by the same big corporations.

    "Opposing views" are allowed (in some cases even "scripted") - at the lower, "unimportant levels".
    Same with politics and "topics discussed at parlament- or senat-levels".

    It's all "one big theater", one big show, where "our democracy works" is proven -
    because you are allowed to vote-for or discuss about things like: "the 54th gender-pronoun".

    The real important decisions are made by corporations these days, wake up folks...

    Olaf

  23. #4743
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    These news-corporations are all owned by the same big corporations.
    So Turner and Murdoch are the same corporation or is more of your conspiracy theory?

    btw - this has to be the number one saying you here from the conspiracy theorists,

    How naive can one be?
    Come on, you can do better than that. Don't just phone it in.
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Jan 16th, 2022 at 04:41 AM.

  24. #4744
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Really, you give way to much credit to the power of CNN or Fox or whatever. Unless their job is tied to politics or the news industry or they are over 55 most of the population doesn't spend much time on any of them. I sure didn't, I was to busy with work, family and play. Now that I'm old, retired and my family is all grown, I got time. I guess I don't play as much either, that sucks.

    https://www.statista.com/statistics/...iewership-usa/
    Last edited by wes4dbt; Jan 16th, 2022 at 04:32 AM.

  25. #4745
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    6,048

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    So Turner and Murdoch are the same corporation ...
    You have to look at the big ShareHolders.

    E.g. BlackRock being just a single one of them, with an AUM of currently about $10 trillion.

    Compared to these giants, "Murdoch" or "Turner"(Warner) are "small fish".

    So again, "how naive can one be"?

    Olaf

  26. #4746
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I see a dilemma here.

    - if media and history is controlled by Cabal (one family is Rothschild) how can we know for sure what is right or wrong?
    - if Qanon and right-wing are creating a conspiracy where "Cabal" is the ultimate enemy and everything is fabricated. yet again, tons of information that is false, how can we differentiate from truth and lies.
    - what is this pandemic? created, a mistake or natural?
    - agenda 2030/2050, tells of a beautiful future, but it will require our total submission and our freedom. something we want?
    - theres tons of criminal events , and all media is telling you its conspiracy. is it so or are everything covered?
    - Epstein. conventionally he committed suicide (or did he?) but we know that a lot of powerful people visited him. coincidence?

    this is the problem. theres no 100% sureness in anything.
    it can be anything.

    but if you dismiss the possibility of a cover up (that we know from history, theres tons of cover-ups) you are yet again letting the powerful get away with whatever agenda they have.
    but if its all conspiracy, we are being fooled, but for what reason? to blame the Rothschild? I mean, ok, we can hate them, but theres nothing we can do about it.
    sure, we could say, Biden and others are controlled by them, so what? vote Trump?

    so is this all Trump's doing? he is the mastermind of all the conspiracy going on? he is the evil incarnate. maybe he is. but we can not be 100% sure.

    theres tons of information. absorbing, truth or lies doesnt matter, since we don't know for sure.
    but overall, its tons of stuff, from many many many sources, and putting it together we get a sum.

    we could say its a formula.
    A1+A2-B1+A3-B2-B3 and so no, where A=theres an agenda that want to control you B=theres no agenda, theres only fake-news by people trying to fool you.

    and thats whats happening for me.
    I get tons of sources from everywhere and right now the A (theres an agenda behind all this) is leading. but Im not saying its 100% truth, because Im not 100% sure.

  27. #4747
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.


  28. #4748
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    Ahh, we are now entering interesting waters and this topic may well be the root cause for all this madness we are currently going through. The great reset. The current financial system is at the end of its lifespan. Does anybody really think that all the country debt can be paid back at some point in the future? The system was close to its collapse shortly before the pandemic and only by “printing” huge amounts of new money, allegedly to soften the impact of the pandemic, it was possible to buy some more time.
    The fiat monetary system, implemented by Nixon unilaterally, is the reason for prospering 1st worlds and suffering 3rd worlds. If we, the 1st worlds, would pay other countries in fair money, we would, over time, lower our living standards and improving theirs.
    Some theories also link the aforementioned JFK assassination with Executive Order 11110 which is about silver certificates.
    At the time Nixon abandoned the gold standard, the US had probably printed a lot more dollars than they had gold in their reserves and thus cheating on every other nation that parted in Bretton Woods. The rest of the world accepted this with gritted teeth.
    The US effectively got off the gold standard in 1933. Nixon changed the rules for foreign countries.

    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-gold-standard
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  29. #4749
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    You have to look at the big ShareHolders.

    E.g. BlackRock being just a single one of them, with an AUM of currently about $10 trillion.

    Compared to these giants, "Murdoch" or "Turner"(Warner) are "small fish".

    So again, "how naive can one be"?

    Olaf
    The problem is Blackrock isn't one person, it's an investment management firm. How many of those investors are bigger than Murdoch or Turner. Then you have the problem of all the major investors secretly agreeing on one narrative and no ever leaking that secret out.

    How naive can you be? lol

    Anyway your posts are fun to read so knock yourself out.

  30. #4750
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,887

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I get tons of sources from everywhere and right now the A (theres an agenda behind all this) is leading. but Im not saying its 100% truth, because Im not 100% sure.
    Yeah, it all opinions. I don't think there's one agenda, there's nothing from history that would lead me to believe you could get all the people in power to agree on the same thing. Someone would always feel someone else is getting the best of it. I don't think there's one truth about the world, it's changes constantly.

  31. #4751
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Central Europe
    Posts
    1,338

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    The US effectively got off the gold standard in 1933. Nixon changed the rules for foreign countries.

    https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/...-gold-standard
    Well thats quibbling. The dollar was still bound to gold at a fixed rate. Even though that rate was later increased, it enforced appropriate frugal policy. however, the fact that this rate later had to be increased and Nixon finally dropping it completely were already symptoms of living beyond means.

  32. #4752
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    How naive can one be?
    There is no real competition anymore among anything.

    The news-channels are all owned by the same big corporations.

    "Opposing views" are allowed (in some cases even "scripted") - at the lower, "unimportant levels".
    Same with politics and "topics discussed at parlament- or senat-levels".

    It's all "one big theater", one big show, where "our democracy works" is proven -
    because you are allowed to vote-for or discuss about things like: "the 54th gender-pronoun".

    The real important decisions are made by corporations these days, wake up folks...

    Olaf
    This man gets it.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  33. #4753
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,610

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    You really don't seem to have a very clear understanding of Americans.
    Oh I understand Americans better than you know. You can believe that.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  34. #4754
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,452

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    It begins to feel like a return to feudalism, but on a larger scale. A small ruling class dividing the world into dutchies while banding together to collude or compete over resources. All propped up by vast masses struggling under levels of taxation and tribute paid upward that severely limit "upward mobility" out of the hand to mouth economics of the meek.

  35. #4755
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,412

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    Yep. Americans were actually gullible enough to believe that America invaded Iraq to give the Iraqi people freedom.
    I don't know anybody who thought that. I don't even remember either side, for or against attacking Iraq, who stated that as even a secondary goal.

    Technically, though, you are somewhat right if you substitute democracy for freedom in that statement. One of the neo-con principles was that setting up one stable democracy in that area would cause all the other countries to see how much better it was and follow on. Iraq, which was largely secular in their view, seemed like the best opportunity. That was always wishful thinking, and I don't think even the most ardent neo-con stated that position openly, so I don't even know whether it really was one of their beliefs, or was just reported to be one of their beliefs, nor do I know how strongly they held that belief if it really was one.

    Still, even if you are very generous, that would mean that only a small subset of political leaders believed that, and they didn't talk about it much.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  36. #4756
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    I don't know anybody who thought that. I don't even remember either side, for or against attacking Iraq, who stated that as even a secondary goal.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amFRTRMBk1A

    I don't know if there is a global conspiracy or whatever but if I where the conspirator, I wouldn't have found a better time to do so, than now.
    But clearly from what we experience this far, you can't really say that we have democracy. I'm currently locked inside (no matter that I give them the finger and go out anyway) because I didn't do an experimental vaccine by force to protect myself(myself mind you, not others) from something that is less lethal than flu.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  37. #4757
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    37,412

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by dilettante View Post
    It begins to feel like a return to feudalism, but on a larger scale. A small ruling class dividing the world into dutchies while banding together to collude or compete over resources. All propped up by vast masses struggling under levels of taxation and tribute paid upward that severely limit "upward mobility" out of the hand to mouth economics of the meek.
    Possibly.

    The one goal appears to be 'making money'. To that extent, I agree with Olaf that it's all the same. Different people have different strategies as to how to make money, but the goal is to gain wealth without end...and without purpose.

    That will always happen, though, and not just with wealth. In the spectrum of the population, there will always be some small slice that focuses on one type of value to the exclusion of all else. For example, professional athletes in the big money sports, aren't necessarily the best athletes in the world. They ARE very very good, but that isn't sufficient. They also have to be VERY dedicated to perfecting their abilities to the needs of the sport they have chosen. There are also very good athletes who have other interests, don't dedicate the time necessary, and don't end up in professional sports.

    Similarly, I know of people who have so utterly focused on hiking that they've walked astonishing numbers of miles (one guy is probably in the 40,000 to 50,000 mile range, and possibly even higher). I do a LOT of hiking. I hiker FAR more than anybody else that I know well, but I haven't topped 9,000 miles, yet (might get there this summer, I need to count). To reach that 40K level, you need to be hiking 2,000 miles/year for 20 years. A hike like that will generally take most people about six months. The guy I mention is not hiking faster than that, so he's probably dedicated half of each year to hiking for 20-25 years. Think of all the things he is NOT doing if he's just hiking all that time.

    Similarly, some people are JUST pursuing wealth. They likely started at a high level, but then they pursued wealth with the same focus as that guy pursued miles.

    But think of all the things they are NOT doing because they have just pursued wealth. No matter what you focus on, you won't be doing everything. Some things you can focus on are more moral than others, to be sure. Some things you can focus on will harm other people more than others, but in all cases, if you focus on one thing enough to be world-class at it, you will not have time to do so much more.

    From whatever lofty perch you attain with your world-class achievements, you can look down on everybody else and see them as a struggling mass. But do they see you as being above them, or just weird?

    In the end, we're all worm food. The richest man in the world will end up the same as the poorest.

    So, perhaps we are feudal. Perhaps we have always been so. I'm not sure that it matters. If you want what you don't have, you will be unhappy. If you don't want what you don't have, you will be happy. Nobody can have everything.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  38. #4758
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,171

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    The difference here is that you cannot share your hiking task to others but you can share you money grabbing plots with associates.
    I don't disagree with your post in general tho.
    Last edited by sapator; Jan 16th, 2022 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Why Hike when yoiu can take a bike? :P
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

  39. #4759
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,670

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by digitalShaman View Post
    Well thats quibbling. The dollar was still bound to gold at a fixed rate. Even though that rate was later increased, it enforced appropriate frugal policy. however, the fact that this rate later had to be increased and Nixon finally dropping it completely were already symptoms of living beyond means.
    I don't think it is quibbling...it is a difference of a couple generations and is a commonly stated misconception. The economies were different and the reasons were different.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  40. #4760
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,895

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Just read this in the news:

    The world's ten richest men have become even richer during the pandemic years, while the vast majority have had reduced incomes, according to a report from the human rights organization Oxfam.

    Millions of people have fallen below the poverty line.

    The total wealth of the ten richest people has increased from the equivalent of approximately SEK 6,300 billion to SEK 13,500 billion in 2020 and 2021. For 99 percent of the world's population, on the other hand, income has decreased and 160 million people have suffered from poverty during the pandemic, especially non-whites. ethnic minorities and women.

Page 119 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1969109116117118119120121122129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width