Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697104 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,760 of 5162

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

  1. #3721
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    No that is not good marketing technique.
    You just rise to a level that it seems high but logical.
    Ah you IT yuppies
    .

  2. #3722
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    Those are the best kind: You eat them and lose weight!
    That would be excellent! But it's for airheads I'm afraid.
    .

  3. #3723
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    That's how you lose weight: Your head floats.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  4. #3724
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I would say that you need to read the data more carefully.
    25% of death are under 65 of age.
    but ~22% do have underlying conditions, so they are not fully healthy.
    and of those ~3% they are not sure if theres not any underlying conditions. only 0,6% did not have anything specific.

    so 0,6-3% under 65 of age.

    another factor is the accuracy of the tests, and other conditions.
    I know that initially the doctors would take a covid test to a deceased person, and if the test resulted positive he would mark it as "covid-death", even if that person died of something else. accident or other sickness or just age.
    I know for sure as Im working with people in health care and one colleague's mom died and it was not covid, but other factors, still the doctor did wrote as that.

    even so, 0,6-3% is still a lot so we need to take covid seriously, but we need also transparency and non-profit arguments.

  5. #3725
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    25% of death are under 65 of age.
    but ~22% do have underlying conditions, so they are not fully healthy.
    Not sure that's relevant. Don't you think people 65+ have underlying conditions. Plus that was a response to a statement that the vaccine was a waste of time for people under 65. Even people with underlying conditions want to live and the vaccine helps.

  6. #3726
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    yeah, but it should be about protecting life not protecting big pharma or poll degree.

    right now they are "forcing" all people to take it, not just elderly, sick or just people that want to take it.

    - it shouldn't matter if someone has it, since we give the vaccine to people that needs it, like influenza, we are not forcing everybody to take it.
    - if someone gets sick, he should not make any risks against the people with underlying conditions or elderly, since they did take the vaccine.

    so, if we protect all people that needs it, why do we also force people to take it that don't need it?

    a recovered covid person is most of the time better to protect everybody. his protection lasts longer. his immune system learned about this virus and is protected against many variations (source swedish clinical study)
    so, the premise:

    - we need to vaccine all people, otherwise the non-vaccinated will infect the weak people (that should be vaccinated already? but somehow they are not in this premise)

    it doesn't make sense at all.

    the best scenario is:
    - vaccinate all people with underlying conditions and elderly people.
    - vaccinate everyone else that want to take it.
    - let the rest get sick, and create a natural protection against the virus

    this will:
    - cheaper, will not damage the economy as much
    - less isolation (that creates depression, that will lead to all kinds of sickness and issues, drugs and suicides)
    - less people loose their jobs, and with that we have less people going into depression, bankruptcy or criminal life

    if u look at the best scenario, Sweden was the only nation that actually "started" with this.
    the problem was that eventually they couldn't continue since the entire world laughed.
    the issue Sweden did have initially was:

    - they did have problems with the health care "before" covid
    - the elderly homes where in bad condition
    - doctors never visited the elderly in their home, instead they used a "phone-call" to do the examination, many elderly died because of this.
    - a lot of nurses did not have enough education. its a systematic problem we have, where everything is about money, so they hire people that cost less.

    so initially we did get a lot of death, but mostly from elderly homes.
    but if you remember, the first 6 month, there was a lot of false-positive tests. and they didnt know how to handle it, so lots of errors and issues.

    but if you look today, Sweden is at position 28 in Europe (56 world) of death percentage, so even if we started bad in the end it didnt change much what kind of method u used.
    here they wanted to create an immunity where they let people infect each other. but we didnt have any vaccine to protect the elderly and sick people, that was the major fail.
    but normal people did get sick and most of the time they said: it was mild, it was just like a normal flu, and some didnt feel anything, 2-3 days at home, and they felt ok.

    another thing to be concerned about:
    - if you isolate people, the immunity tends to get weaker
    this is the case of new born with the increase RS-virus infections, the reason is because the restrictions made because of Covid created a weak spread of RS-virus that now is a problem as less children are RS- immune.
    I think its the same for everything else.
    even elderly need people around, this so his immune system need to work. otherwise he will get weaker.
    the same in history, of isolated tribes, that gets sick when outsiders came, they where not prepared.
    so, to isolate people will create issues later.
    Last edited by baka; Dec 1st, 2021 at 07:32 AM.

  7. #3727
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    All these have been said in previous posts.
    Bottom line is:
    If you believe that the vaccine will protect you then vaccinate.
    If don't want to do it for any other reason then don't.
    Unvaccinated or vaccianted you still catch it and transmit it.

    You don't force a medical act p.e. by issuing fines like our prime idiot. It's a Nazi practice.
    .

  8. #3728
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post

    You don't force a medical act p.e. by issuing fines like our prime idiot. It's a Nazi practice.
    No, it really isn't. I'm not sure that there is any first world country that does NOT mandate some medical act of one sort or another. It only comes down to whether you disagree with this particular one. And at least somebody disagrees with EVERY particular one. So, I suppose you could say that the Nazis DID do this, but then again...so did EVERYBODY else. It's like objecting to breathing because the Nazis breathed.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  9. #3729
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,043

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Mad dogs and antivaxxers.

  10. #3730
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    quite strange that Americans tells people that they need to obey.
    its smell communism here, not a liberal world.
    your rights? its going down the drain.
    u need to obey the communist party or you get oppressed by the mob.

    no, you need to follow what the few on top tells you, otherwise you are this and that.
    to call people antivaxxers is a bully behavior.
    you should say: its your right to choose. the same its my right to take the vaccine.
    but no, like a communist you tell people they are bad, antivaxxers like its a negative thing.

    what about I call u a communist? a fascist? you feel good about it?

  11. #3731
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    No, it really isn't. I'm not sure that there is any first world country that does NOT mandate some medical act of one sort or another. It only comes down to whether you disagree with this particular one. And at least somebody disagrees with EVERY particular one. So, I suppose you could say that the Nazis DID do this, but then again...so did EVERYBODY else. It's like objecting to breathing because the Nazis breathed.
    You should probably think again mate.
    Your parents and grandparents are fined 100Euros per month if they don't do the vaccine. Those categories are on the 300 to 800 Euros pensions per month. Some of them are too worn out to get from bed, get an appointment and vaccinate, others have health issues that makes vaccination dangerous but the fascistic government only have 1-2 reason that you can apply in order not to vaccinate. But the Nazi through a directive that obligates everyone.
    This fine is a first, if not in the world, at least on EU and I don't believe US has it. So you took that too light hearted IMHO. I should advice a re thought because you are Shaggy. Others here I could understand but not you.
    .

  12. #3732
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I thought more than one more time. These kinds of rules are all over the place in every advanced society. Perhaps you aren't noticing them, but they are there. You might argue that the fine is a new thing, and you may be right if you define the situation tightly enough. I do think that fine is new for people who didn't get the COVID vaccine. Are there things you can't do without a vaccine in the US? Yes, and there has been for decades. Are there fines? Not regarding vaccinations, as far as I know, but there are for other things.

    We live in societies where there are all kinds of laws telling you what you must and must not do at penalty of the law. Some of those are really only for the benefit of other people, some are just because people do stupid stuff. Why do we have speed limits? Why are there laws about drunk driving? Why are there laws about cell phone use in cars? How about laws regarding smoking in restaurants? In all of those cases, they're taking away your right to choose what to do. Of course, they all exist because too many people will choose not to do the right thing, but that doesn't change the fact that the laws are there.

    So, why quibble about this particular one? Why not argue about ALL of them?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  13. #3733
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    That's a fine for mandating a medical act it has nothing to do with the fines you are mentioning.
    Regardless, there is all hell breaking loose today with this and it's another nail in the coffin for the Nazi party here.
    .

  14. #3734
    Frenzied Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    and soon we have a mandatory vaccination, the nazi Von der Leyen will force everybody to take it. no free will, just dictatorship.
    theres no more politicians, just people advocating for big pharma.
    expect maybe a few that are left, but how long and how much can they do?


  15. #3735
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    yeah, but it should be about protecting life not protecting big pharma or poll degree.
    Again, not relevant to the subject of the vaccine be a waste of time for people under 65.


    That's a fine for mandating a medical act it has nothing to do with the fines you are mentioning.
    In the US I don't think there has ever been fines for not being vaccinated, for any vaccination. But that doesn't mean there is not penalties. My daughter is a nurse and there are vaccination requirements, public schools have vaccination requirements. So having vaccination requirements isn't new. And I'm glad because otherwise polio would still be ravaging peoples bodies world wide.

  16. #3736
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    What the?!
    HAhahha!
    This just came in.
    The Nazis decided to discount the fine for January so it will be 50 Euros for the lucky few that will do the vaccine till February. Ohh this country really rocks. What where we drinking when we voted?!

    P.S. Yeah that politician is from Romania and was hosted yesterday in a Greek channel and said that the contract they gave them from EU on the pharmaceuticals where censored. In the channel they did not show the contracts so I did not post anything but here they are.
    I guess that is OK with everyone here? Hmm? It fine right? The US did it on Vietnam the Nazis did it so that is also fine. A pharmaceutical hiding the contracts to the parliament elected? Keep sleeping the vaccinated sleep.
    .

  17. #3737
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    and soon we have a mandatory vaccination, the nazi Von der Leyen will force everybody to take it. no free will, just dictatorship.
    theres no more politicians, just people advocating for big pharma.
    expect maybe a few that are left, but how long and how much can they do?
    Not true, there will be lots of politicians advocating for fossil fuels, Gun rights, Amazon, the church, ...... lol

  18. #3738
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Honestly, can we stop comparing any of this to Nazism. Nazism goes well beyond anything that either side of this debate is advocating and the continual comparison to it is hateful.

    In the US I don't think there has ever been fines for not being vaccinated
    Because we have never experienced a lethal, global pandemic since vaccines were invented. There were no fines for speeding before the invention of the car. That we have never had to do something before is not a good argument for not doing it now.

    it has nothing to do with the fines you are mentioning
    Both are punishments for refusing to accept a curtailing of your personal choice. What do you see as the distinction?
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  19. #3739
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    That's a fine for mandating a medical act it has nothing to do with the fines you are mentioning.
    But that's the point: You have to narrow down your definition to make this remarkable. In the broader sense, you are being fined for a choice you make. There are LOTS of those. What's new is that this is a vaccine. Of course, every other one was ALSO new when it came out, as long as you defined it narrowly enough. Each one crossed a new line in some new way. Why have you decided that this is the line you will die on?
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  20. #3740
    Angel of Code Niya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,051

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    Honestly, can we stop comparing any of this to Nazism. Nazism goes well beyond anything that either side of this debate is advocating and the continual comparison to it is hateful.
    Godwin's law at work here.
    Godwin's law, short for Godwin's law (or rule) of Nazi analogies,[1][2] is an Internet adage asserting that as an online discussion grows longer (regardless of topic or scope), the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Adolf Hitler approaches 1.[2][3] In less mathematical terms, the longer the discussion, the more likely a Nazi comparison becomes, and with long enough discussions, it is a certainty.
    At 94 pages long this was inevitable.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

    Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

    C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

    There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

    The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

  21. #3741
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    That we have never had to do something before is not a good argument for not doing it now.
    That wasn't the point at all. My point was,

    But that doesn't mean there is not penalties.

  22. #3742
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    So, let me...
    OK, I have the list here for the fines the Government will impose in the next few months. I'm reading some of those. All logical as the current one.
    A fine for coughing in a non cough zone , fine 50 Euros.
    A fine for double coughing in a non cough zone 110 Euros.
    A fine for vaccinating less than 3 times per month 200 Euros.
    A fine for using a mask in a non mask zone 100 Euros.
    A fine for sneezing. Vaccinated 30 Euros non vaccinated 104 Euros.
    A fine for taking a dumb with your slippers on. Vaccinated 50 Euros non Vaccinated 50 Euros.
    A fine for singing I am happpyyy clap along etc. 211 Euros, if you are below 18 you get a discount for 30 Euros.
    A fine for non standing straight in the vaccination line. Vaccinated 30 Euros, non vaccinated..(err that to dispose that fine according to the article 15 paragraph 12 (or to be frank, just eating and not paying attention while writing)
    A fine when ask how are you, replying. I'm fine. vaccinated 55 Euros non vaccinated 89 Euros (how can you be fine if you are not vaccinated)
    A fine while wearing a seat belt try to remove the seat belt when you park and the motor is still running. 45 Euros.
    Ahh, here is one for wes, when in polio because you did not vaccinate, we cut your arm of.

    A fine when paying a fine that is not fine by your definition of fine but you get the fine and be fine while not fine. 123 Euros.
    A fine for eating Pizza Hut and like it (guilty), 71 Euros.
    A fine for being fat and may get fat related diseases and need to pack into the medical system. 200 Euros (get some exercise you fattie! )
    A here we are, A fine for smoking. Cancer? A lot of resources on medical bills for the state. 300 Euros.
    A booze fines due to liver failures:
    Beer 140 Euros (damn I drink a lot in the Summer but for now I'm ok)
    Wine 130 Euros
    Whiskey 200 Euros (you fk aristocrat you)
    Vodka 100 Euros and a Russian flag for a gift.

    Now some fines for pedestrian speeding:
    Going 3 miles 10 Euros
    Going 5 miles 100 Euros
    Going slower than 1 mile (apparently you are Jaywalking) 120 Euros.

    And now some movie fines:
    Watching Tenet 310 Euros (the fine writer could not stand the movie, so did I so I'm safe)
    Escape from NY 100 Euros
    Escape from LA, even better 150 Euros
    Inglourious Basterds (Nazi hatters be warned) 300 Euros.
    The Terminator (will terminate you) 70 Euros
    Outbreak..(With hoffman? OH no you don't they get cured there) 310 Euros
    The Rain Man.. Ohh how sweet...100 Eurooosss!
    Last edited by sapator; Dec 1st, 2021 at 02:34 PM.
    .

  23. #3743
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    But that doesn't mean there is not penalties.
    I don't think anyone was arguing that there aren't
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  24. #3744
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Sorry forgot an important one. Just saw here....Book 3, article 12, paragraph... 51.
    Your woman is mad at you for something you can't understand but you ask her "how are you" and she's replying,..FINE. You know the one.. So that is 150 Euros fine. Oh can't wait to pass that one in the parliament!
    Last edited by sapator; Dec 1st, 2021 at 02:44 PM. Reason: an admin said to me..Fine!
    .

  25. #3745
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Quote Originally Posted by FunkyDexter View Post
    I don't think anyone was arguing that there aren't
    I disagree. Some are arguing there is no penalties for not getting other vaccines like the flu shot and there shouldn't be penalize for not getting the COVID. The concept of being penalized for not getting a certain vaccine seems completely foreign to them. A new infringement on our free will.

  26. #3746
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,043

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    You can see a very similar argment made in this movie review:


  27. #3747
    Wall Poster TysonLPrice's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    3,618

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    It is getting tougher...
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

  28. #3748
    Super Moderator FunkyDexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    An obscure body in the SK system. The inhabitants call it Earth
    Posts
    7,737

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I disagree.
    I think something got confused here. I thought (incorrectly) that Baka had made the argument that there was no historical precedent of fining for not getting vaccinated - I responded saying, in essence, that it was irrelevant - the fact that there isn't is not the same as there shouldn't be. I think that's essentially what you were saying too.
    The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter - Winston Churchill

    Hadoop actually sounds more like the way they greet each other in Yorkshire - Inferrd

  29. #3749
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    .

  30. #3750
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    23,043

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Yeah, Captain Omnicron is pretty funny.

  31. #3751
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    So the first batch of document from Pfizer is out : https://phmpt.org/wp-content/uploads...experience.pdf

    This is for the first 90 days period. What we have even in that period and with withhold Pfizer data is 42.000 reports, 158.893 side effect cases and 1.223 deaths. We also have 30 abortions.
    Of course this is just Pfizer observation pick worldwide data there is no certainty that those are the only numbers and very limited to the whole data as Pfizer still refuses to reveal the total number of doses administered worldwide.

    By the article the magnitude of underreporting is unknown and Among adverse event reports received into the Pfizer safety database during the
    cumulative period, only those having a complete workflow cycle in the safety database
    (meaning they progressed to Distribution or Closed workflow status) are included in the
    monthly SMSR but in contrast they may have not conclusively be from the vaccine (just making sure that you use the usual excuse):

    2. METHODOLOGY
    Pfizer is responsible for the management post-authorization safety data on behalf of the
    MAH BioNTech according to the Pharmacovigilance Agreement in place. Data from
    BioNTech are included in the report when applicable.
    Pfizer’s safety database contains cases of AEs reported spontaneously to Pfizer, cases
    reported by the health authorities, cases published in the medical literature, cases from
    Pfizer-sponsored marketing programs, non-interventional studies, and cases of serious AEs
    reported from clinical studies regardless of causality assessment.
    The limitations of post-marketing adverse drug event reporting should be considered when
    interpreting these data:
    •Reports are submitted voluntarily, and the magnitude of underreporting is unknown.
    Some of the factors that may influence whether an event is reported include: length of
    time since marketing, market share of the drug, publicity about a drug or an AE,
    seriousness of the reaction, regulatory actions, awareness by health professionals and
    consumers of adverse drug event reporting, and litigation.
    •Because many external factors influence whether or not an AE is reported, the
    spontaneous reporting system yields reporting proportions not incidence rates. As a
    result, it is generally not appropriate to make between-drug comparisons using these
    090177e196ea1800\Approved\Approved On: 30-Apr-2021 09:26 (GMT)FDA-CBER-2021-5683-0000058
    BNT162b2
    5.3.6 Cumulative Analysis of Post-authorization Adverse Event Reports
    CONFIDENTIAL
    Page 6
    proportions; the spontaneous reporting system should be used for signal detection
    rather than hypothesis testing.
    •In some reports, clinical information (such as medical history, validation of diagnosis,
    time from drug use to onset of illness, dose, and use of concomitant drugs) is missing
    or incomplete, and follow-up information may not be available.
    •An accumulation of adverse event reports (AERs) does not necessarily indicate that a
    particular AE was caused by the drug; rather, the event may be due to an underlying
    disease or some other factor(s) such as past medical history or concomitant
    medication.
    •Among adverse event reports received into the Pfizer safety database during the
    cumulative period, only those having a complete workflow cycle in the safety database
    (meaning they progressed to Distribution or Closed workflow status) are included in the
    monthly SMSR. This approach prevents the inclusion of cases that are not fully processed
    hence not accurately reflecting final information. Due to the large numbers of
    spontaneous adverse event reports received for the product, the MAH has prioritised the
    processing of serious cases, in order to meet expedited regulatory reporting timelines and

    ensure these reports are available for signal detection and evaluation activity. The
    increased volume of reports has not impacted case processing for serious reports, and
    compliance metrics continue to be monitored weekly with prompt action taken as needed
    to maintain compliance with expedited reporting obligations. Non-serious cases are
    entered into the safety database no later than 4 calendar days from receipt. Entrance into

    the database includes the coding of all adverse events; this allow for a manual review of
    events being received but may not include immediate case processing to completion.
    Non-serious cases are processed as soon as possible and no later than 90 days from
    receipt. Pfizer has also taken a multiple actions to help alleviate the large increase of
    adverse event reports. This includes significant technology enhancements, and process
    and workflow solutions, as well as increasing the number of data entry and case
    processing colleagues. To date, Pfizer has onboarded approximately additional full-
    time employees (FTEs). More are joining each month with an expected total of more than
    additional resources by the end of June 2021.
    .

  32. #3752
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Also this just released. I don't know if it will pass through.
    Hope it doesn't because the 55 will be back and there would be no hole to hide!!
    https://norman.house.gov/news/docume...ocumentID=1087
    .

  33. #3753
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Yesterday protests in Salonika against the, fascistic, government.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMkhaaNrP3E
    .

  34. #3754
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Nope, it's DOA. That bill is just political grandstanding. It's unlikely to even make it out of committee, and will fail in the house.

    I read through that document. You didn't note the flaws in the data, which is essentially VAERS data, but Pfizer DID note them in the document. I was happy to see that the criticisms they have for VAERS are the same as I had for it. Essentially, these are ANY bad things that happened in the weeks following a vaccination. Since the group was primarily elderly, bad things happen anyways. However, as you did note, the total number of doses was redacted, so whether the rate of bad things happening was higher than normal couldn't be determined.

    The summary of the report would be: Life happens. Life still happens with the vaccine. Whether or not life is negatively changed by the vaccine can't yet be determined. This report is only for the first couple months.

    What wasn't also mentioned was: In large parts of the world, only the oldest and weakest could get the vaccine during this time period. Though it was also interesting to see the age range. Looks like data errors happen for them, too, as well as a bunch of kids getting an unapproved vaccination. That's an example of life happening, too.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  35. #3755
    PowerPoster
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Modesto, Ca.
    Posts
    4,832

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I read through that document. You didn't note the flaws in the data, which is essentially VAERS data, but Pfizer DID note them in the document. I was happy to see that the criticisms they have for VAERS are the same as I had for it. Essentially, these are ANY bad things that happened in the weeks following a vaccination. Since the group was primarily elderly, bad things happen anyways. However, as you did note, the total number of doses was redacted, so whether the rate of bad things happening was higher than normal couldn't be determined.
    You are being very generous. VAERS is an open system with data entered by essentially anybody and NONE of the data is verified. So no one knows if any of the so called negative effects have anything to do with the vaccine or even if they are true. It's basically garbage data. If there was even a hint of creditable evidence that the vaccine was dangerous (except for those with certain health conditions) the news media wouldn't hesitate to report it (over and over and over).

    UNLESS, Big Pharma controls the whole world and there is no COVID. It's just a scheme to make money and suppress our civil right.

  36. #3756
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    I should state the I put the document out and pointed the data.
    Everyone can make his/her assumption, personally I wouldn't trust Pfizer even if they pointed out that 99% of the vaccinated have side effects or the opposite.

    And just so you know. 55 is lurching around, hiding in the dark corners of the web and will emerge once more to bring justice to the righteous and eternal doom to the fallen ones. Be prepared!!!
    .

  37. #3757
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    And you're fixated on it. We know. It's a song you can't get out of your head, so you'll just keep on repeating it despite it being inane.

    You put the document out there, and pointed out just a few figures, which taken out of context, might support your position, but you DID put the document out there, and it showed why the 55 year thing is so reasonable. You can see the redactions in that document. Those are required by law, so it's not a matter of just shoveling them out the door.

    Besides, that's only the one document of about 40 pages. You need to get working. You have 460 pages left before the next drop, and only 24 days to get through them. You're off to a good start, but 8 pages per day isn't going to cut it. You need to be reviewing a bit over twice that per day.

    So get to work!
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  38. #3758
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Also, I took a closer look at that bill. You posted a press release, so I wanted to make sure that the bill really did exist and see who the co-sponsors were. The bill does exist, and there are something like 20 co-sponsors. It was introduced too recently for anything to have happened, yet, but it was referred to the Energy and Commerce committee, which seems an odd choice, to me, but might make sense. It certainly isn't energy, but perhaps it could be considered commerce. Seems like most of his bills end up being sent to that committee, though none of them are energy, and they don't seem like commerce, either.

    However, after a look at the 20 co-sponsors, there might be cause for a little hope for you. It's not the usual cast of characters, so he was able to attract a few rational people. If it does make it out of committee, then it would have a good chance of passing....but don't expect it to get out of committee. Interestingly, when I looked at his record, I can see all the bills and where they were referred, but unless they made it out of committee, that's where it ends. I went back as far as June, and all but about three things his name was on are just 'referred to committee'. Clearly, the bulk of them died there, but there's no such designation. When I went back to the previous year, I see that if they die in committee, then there is no specific designation for that. It looks like the congress site doesn't show an outcome for those.

    That guy should get a few of his bills passed, as he's recently put forwards a bunch to name post offices, which should sail through. They haven't been acted on, either. In fact, of the dozens and dozens he's sponsored or co-sponsored, it looks like only one has been passed, one is in the senate, and one is through the house waiting for the senate. Those are all 'feel good' bills, such as awarding medals to people. Heck, one's about awarding puppies to service members. Anything of substance, such as the bill you cited....those have all died.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

  39. #3759
    King of sapila
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    6,104

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    That's the right way to build a defense in case something goes wrong and that bill pass. Others should be taking lessons I guess.
    But be warned! 55 is the righteous hand of truth and justice, 55 has no sidetracks or remorse, it is the obliviating rectification of unprejudiced outcome that acts as a liberator of biased souls and it will strike, I repeat, it will strike down the unfaithful. You have been warned (and please oh please good sir don't ban me when I open up the sky to poor what's coming into the unrighteous, thank you).

    In other news, Omicron seems to be more contagious than Delta but almost non lethal. It's called endemic endemic endemic and if that is the case as simple as I told you so would be the conclusion. But 55 is watching...
    Last edited by sapator; Dec 6th, 2021 at 05:30 PM. Reason: I ate a cracker.
    .

  40. #3760
    Super Moderator Shaggy Hiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    36,928

    Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

    Omicron may not even be able to outcompete Delta, but if it does, and it isn't lethal, that would be very good news.

    I'm not sure why you are fixated on 55, though you did say that math wasn't your strong suit, so that might be part of it. However, if you follow US politics, you'd see what a longshot that bill has. I'd guess that oddsmakers would put it down around your chances of dying from COVID. That guy has a very solid, almost unbroken, track record of backing losing legislation. The only exceptions are the feel good bills, and he has an oddly mediocre record there, too.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

Page 94 of 130 FirstFirst ... 448491929394959697104 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



Click Here to Expand Forum to Full Width