Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast
Results 4,361 to 4,400 of 5445

Thread: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

PowerPoster

Re: Corona virus, China major city lockdowns, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by TysonLPrice View Post
    I think he should back up his claims...
    He is saying that it is your job to do a critical investigation, and I think he already did (for him).

Or are you asking him to go to find any valid or not argument that anybody has risen about Dr. Malone and explain to you why they are wrong (or not)?

Of course these kind of things are not for lazy people.

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    if you don't want, just skip it and go on with your life.

Quote Originally Posted by Niya View Post
    What Shaggy is speaking of is something akin to confirmation bias, the tendency of people to seek out information that confirms their pre-conceived notions. It's a weakness that inhabits the vast majority of any group of people.
    I didn't get that from the post. I thought it leaned more towards people believing in massive conspiracy plots by "people in power". And preferring those to factual information:

Some of you seem to believe that the world is driven by an awesomely powerful, possibly sinister, possibly malevolent force with a purpose, which is either control, or money, or some such. It seems like you might be expecting that this malevolent force is making your life or your situation worse. To that end, you expect that everything that doesn't say that is therefore either part of the plot or at least an unwitting pawn of the plot.
    He wraps up saying:
    The bulk of the information says one thing. It could all be wrong, but it seldom is. A few pieces have been wrong...ish, but they were then changed. If you doubt the bulk of the information, go look for the underlying studies on which it is based. Many of the stories (at least in print) do cite their sources at least well enough to be tracked down, if not directly. However, beware of YouTube experts. They have something to sell, and you are the market. They may be right, they may be wrong, but they all have something to sell. And don't be thinking that COVID is the fine rat. It isn't, it's just another mediocre one.
    Now maybe I have what he meant completely wrong. I didn't see it as people seeking out bias, but rather, being unduly influenced by it.
    Please remember next time...elections matter!

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by wes4dbt View Post
    What's even more surprising is how we find a way to justify ignoring the other information,
    no matter how overwhelming
    Says someone, who's trusting *only* the official channels -
    and doesn't even look at additional informations, which might contradict the official versions.

It's not really wholesome, when you only accept "half the info available to you".

Olaf

Quote Originally Posted by Schmidt View Post
    He does so in the interview, you fear to listen to.

Olaf
    I'm talking about the OP. I can back up my claims from multiple sources. Your defense is more like me to blindly accept the interview and not question the source.

The Idiot

TysonLPrice.
    we could have a good discussion "after" you watched the video.
    so we have the same material in hand.
    if you dismiss the entire video, and instead base your arguments from wiki or some blog or whatever, it means we are not in the same page.
    is this about "I want the upper hand" so I'm ahead of you strategy? for what purpose? I don't care.

I thought the most important thing is the search for truth, and to do that we need to listen to all sides.

this person, is not a nobody, he is x1000 above our level of understanding virus, vaccines, immune system etc.
    he give a good speech of all kinds of things, how it works, his history in all this, about the vaccines, the virus etc.
    he is pro-vaccine, that his life work, he was part of the team that created mRNA vaccine and he is part of many organizations and teams working with this stuff.

so, you could just listen to him for 3 hours just for that knowledge, from a scientist point of view.

if you dismiss it, I would think, why? why is it that hard to listen to that guy? are you scared?
    and if so, why? I mean, Im not scared of anything. I can listen to anybody. I mean, I can listen to any person, even Fauci. no problem. and its not that everything he says is BS. a lot of truth, a lot of good, but theres also inconsistency and that we understand if you check facts, what he say in different dates and what kind of projects he has been up to.

but, to dismiss a person without even giving him a chance, that tells theres a paranoia here. you are scared to death.

PowerPoster

and doesn't even look at additional informations, which might contradict the official versions.

It's not really wholesome, when you only accept "half the info available to you".

Olaf
    What a crap statement. You have no idea where or how I get my information. All you know is my opinions don't follow your narrative. So you justify your narrative by saying "who's trusting *only* the official channels "

Thanks for proving my point. lol

Olaf
    That is a fine example of gleaning out of a post what you want to prove a point

You did exactly what you are accusing me of.

King of sapila

Regardless, we can all trust Wikipedia

I would advice against a prove of document war. We all know how "well" it ended before.
    ἄνδρα μοι ἔννεπε, μοῦσα, πολύτροπον, ὃς μάλα πολλὰ
    πλάγχθη, ἐπεὶ Τροίης ἱερὸν πτολίεθρον ἔπερσεν·

Quote Originally Posted by sapator View Post
    Regardless, we can all trust Wikipedia

I would advice against a prove of document war. We all know how "well" it ended before.
    I actually contribute monetarily yearly to them. I'd bet you can also take a standard set of encyclopedias and find similar errors. Wikipedia lists it sources. I don't see any credits at the end of these blogs. I also admit I'm on a bit of a "high horse" here. I'm guilty of focusing on what proves my points too.

King of sapila

Ye, I'm kidding.
    But from things that I know of, as I've said, compering the Wiki is very poor to say the least, maybe some articles are better. Also I haven't consider what Olaf said, if it changes the sources again and again on Malone then that can't be very good.

PowerPoster

So you justify your narrative by saying "who's trusting *only* the official channels "
    So you're saying, that you've watched the 3h-interview already?

No? ... Thanks for proving my point.

Olaf

PowerPoster

I also admit I'm on a bit of a "high horse" here. I'm guilty of focusing on what proves my points too.
    That's honest (and humble). I respect when someone acknowledge his own limits.
    Not everybody does.

We all have limits. Nobody is omniscient here.

I didn't get that from the post. I thought it leaned more towards people believing in massive conspiracy plots by "people in power". And preferring those to factual information:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    In the end, it appears to be a difference in view. Some of you seem to believe that the world is driven by an awesomely powerful, possibly sinister, possibly malevolent force with a purpose, which is either control, or money, or some such. It seems like you might be expecting that this malevolent force is making your life or your situation worse. To that end, you expect that everything that doesn't say that is therefore either part of the plot or at least an unwitting pawn of the plot.
    It's that part in blue that likens the mentality to confirmation bias. It's not exactly confirmation bias but it is a kind of cognitive bias nonetheless. Basically this bias is about dismissing anything that that doesn't confirm your world view as some kind of malevolent plot to hide the truth.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

That is a fine example of gleaning out of a post what you want to prove a point

You did exactly what you are accusing me of.
    I seriously cannot follow most of the sentences in your recent postings.

What "point" exactly did you make?
    Do you mean the *current* state of the Malone-page on Wikipedia?

I thought I pointed out already, that this page is in constant flux over the last few days
    (primarily *after* he gave that interview - and the "fact-checker-bots" were trying to
    mess the wiki-page up - against constant re-corrections).

Again, he was considered one of the potential Noble-Price-candidates
    (in a research-field that's OnTopic in this forum-thread - the man has patents under his name for RNA-research).

Exactly why you do not want to listen to such a man, escapes me.

Olaf

PowerPoster

So you're saying, that you've watched the 3h-interview already?

No? ... Thanks for proving my point.

Olaf
    I haven't said anything about that video. What point does that prove? But if that makes you feel justified in your claims about me. Then, your welcome.

PowerPoster

Confirmation bias can apply when something is false.
    When something is true, it is confirmation data (like happens in science).

So, the key point point is whether Malone is lying or telling the truth.

All he is saying makes sense, all the pieces come well together.
    What he is saying explains what we can observe that is happening, and BTW, there is no "official" explanation that can explain that (I mean, all the mismatches in the information we can get).
    Besides, I don't see any motive that he could have to invent something like that.
    And do not forget also, that he is an industry insider, not someone that is talking about Area 51 from a basement with a tin foil hat on his head.

The Idiot

if you don't want to eat the spinach soup you don't need to. you can eat your micro-pizza.
    not sure why you make a big deal about it.
    its a free world and you decide who you want to be.
    nobody is telling you that you need to change or believe in other things.
    its quite tiring. just tell "I don't want" and go on with your life.
    stop trying to justify yourself.

PowerPoster

And what about his video being removed from Youtube?

Anyone has a advocacy for that?

I would like to read it.

The Idiot

rumors is that its Joe Rogan that reported it, to have it exclusively in Spotify?

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by baka View Post
    rumors is that its Joe Rogan that reported it, to have it exclusively in Spotify?
    Might be.

PowerPoster

So, there is an philosophical issue here.
    Some people seem to believe that every opinion is equally valid, because as we all all human, and fallible, all opinions and points of view are valid the same.

In that view, there is no truths, facts or falsehoods, it is just something that is built in the mind of each one, and that's it.

I believe that there is an objective reality, that we as subjective beings connect better or worse to it, but that there are truths and facts out there.
    Our ability or inability is to be able (or unable) to connect to those truth and facts, that won't change based on what we believe or don't believe.

What we believe or disbelieve do not affect the truths or facts, that only affects us, for being "better connected to reality" or worse.

I seriously cannot follow most of the sentences in your recent postings.

What "point" exactly did you make?
    Do you mean the *current* state of the Malone-page on Wikipedia?

I thought I pointed out already, that this page is in constant flux over the last few days
    (primarily *after* he gave that interview - and the "fact-checker-bots" were trying to
    mess the wiki-page up - against constant re-corrections).

Again, he was considered one of the potential Noble-Price-candidates
    (in a research-field that's OnTopic in this forum-thread - the man has patents under his name for RNA-research).

Exactly why you do not want to listen to such a man, escapes me.

Olaf
    OK...I'll give it a shot. He is banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook for misinformation that can be threating to public safety. To me that is enough to dig deeper than the video posted here but you seem to think that is my responsibility...not the people making the posts.

If you dig even deeper, which I have mentioned several times but again you think that is my responsibility, you will find numerous discreditations for his recent activity. He is NOT who you think he is and you focus on me instead of just proving, and shutting me up, that I am wrong.

PowerPoster

To give just a single (small) example of what was discussed in the interview:

Uttar-Pradesh (with a population of 235Mio, the largest state in India).

It roughly equals the population of Great-Britain, France, Spain and Germany combined.

Very serious situation there (in April/May 2021), because of "not enough vaccines" (only 5% vaccinated)...
    Solution: Distribution of millions of "cheap, special packages", with simple instructions, following a pre-established "procedure".

Effect: Near immediate - the surging curve came down - and according to Malone, "it's flat-lining ever since"
    (with regards to covid-death-counts).

But check it out yourself:
    https://coronalevel.com/India/Uttar_Pradesh/

Now, please compare that curve with the ones in (nearly fully vaccinated) European countries -
    where no "flat-lining" was observable over the last months...

Did you ever hear about that in "official media-channels"?
    I guess not - because inconvenient questions might be raised, what exactly was in "these packages".

Furthermore, if you *dare* raise these questions (especially when you're a Scientist or a Doctor),
    you'll be silenced, risk your job and reputation.

That's the point he's primarily addressing in the interview (with several examples) -
    what happend to the right to express "informed concern" (asking such interesting questions)?

Olaf
    Last edited by Schmidt; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 04:23 PM.

The Idiot

what you fail to see is:
    if theres a real threat here, theres an entity that try to shut down anyone and anything that is against their agenda it would mean that they are trying everything they can to discredit him.
    its like you believe we are living in a beautiful world, with benevolent leaders, with strong families that only have nature and life as their best interest, and big pharma that only want to save life even if they don't get profit from it. and investors that only want to create a peaceful and clean and perfect world.

now you are playing exactly what they try to do, and you are spitting this guy on his face, because the "leaders" manipulated you to think like that.

if this is the truth. this doctor is like you say, a horrible person that is lying. I wonder. why?
    - he want to profit from it. (unlikely, a person in his position will not benefit if he is discredited, a scientist needs to have good reviews or they shut him down)
    - he's like a 15 years girl that seek attention (well, he is 62 years old, wife, grandchildren, his own farm, and the result of him talking like that is that people hate him)
    - he want you dead (well, he seems to want doctors to use medicines,that cdc dismissed, and seems to care about children and people that gets side effects from covid (not only vaccine))

even so, listening to him, 3h, I don't hear anything that could benefit him.
    he is walking against powerful people and its a loosing game right now for him. lawsuits dropping down.

but, sure, he is lying, his resume is just fake. his all life is just a joke. not sure why Joe Rogan invited him. but Joe is also fake, a trash of a human, we dont need that.
    better we listen to Biden and Fauci. those two are beautiful people.

PowerPoster

He is banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook for misinformation that can be threating to public safety.
    He voiced his "informed concerns" (stating a few inconvenient facts) which resulted in his Twitter-ban.
    Nothing more.

If you don't recognize the degree of censorship that's going on currently, it cannot be helped.

Olaf

King of sapila

So let's recapitulate.
    He is Banned from Twitter.
    Suspender from Facebook.
    Wiki bash him.

So that is enough evidence that he does not know was he is talking about.

I need a Xanax.
    Last edited by sapator; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 04:52 PM. Reason: Why did the mod cross the road? Was moving to a mod-ern apartment.

What Shaggy is speaking of is something akin to confirmation bias, the tendency of people to seek out information that confirms their pre-conceived notions. It's a weakness that inhabits the vast majority of any group of people.
    It inhabits ALL of us. It isn't specific to politics, religion, or programming languages. I've said it before and hope to say it again: The only thing the human brain is REALLY good at is pattern recognition. We come up with shortcuts in thinking based on some pattern that we've created from our past experiences. These are essential to our survival. They are also frequently wrong, sometimes in small ways, other times in large ways. The question is how to effectively check your models.

One thing we see quite often on this forum is a person asking a question that is clearly based on the fact that they came to understand something one way, and it wasn't really correct (for example, when "1" looks like a number, but is actually a string). It's not so much a matter of telling that person how to do it right as correcting a mistaken mental model of the problem. When we have problems that we can't solve, it is often because our mental models are equally incorrect. Breakthroughs happen when we jump from the guidance of one mental model and construct a new, hopefully more accurate, mental model. Therefore, a mental model is a rut. Sometimes it is a proper and useful rut (all models are wrong, some models are useful...I forget who said that), other times it isn't.

I was going to go off on a rambling anecdote about a time that I misunderstood the behavior of fish populations in a swamp because, by chance, I had never visited the swamp during a few weeks in July, though I had been there every other month of the year for several years by that point.

However, I'll skip over that. The purpose for the post that got people riled was that I was trying to understand not just where you are coming from, but where I am coming from. I'm a pretty optimistic person who is about the least discriminated against category of people in all of history (tall, white, male, hetero, highly educated, fairly well off, no medical issues, etc.). That's all very fortunate, but it creates a distorted world view. Skewed optimistic and rosy, to be sure, but clearly distorted. I've also hung out in legislatures listening to debates, running errands for officials in the legislature, and hobnobbing with some of the people accused of being part of the vast conspiracy. From that I learned that they are just people. They aren't smarter than lots of the people on here (as a group, we would probably test in the upper end of the human spectrum in that regard. There was a thread about that several years back and I have no reason to doubt it, since programming is a fairly intellectual pursuit). They also have all the relationship issues, outside interests, common colds, and other distractions that knock us all off our games at times. For that reason, I don't believe that any group is even capable of creating a vast conspiracy.

I also have seen that a bunch of near random events can conspire to look like there's some causality when none exists. Therefore, I look at the vast majority of news that is saying the same thing, I read a variety of scientific journals, and scientific based periodicals. The periodicals and journals support the statements made by the broader media, and they add the pieces that I didn't know (I couldn't understand how the mRNA managed to survive long enough to be transcribed into spike proteins, but now I know, well enough). Therefore, I believe that they can make mistakes, but that what they are saying does appear to be a reasonable simplification of what the scientific studies are saying, and thus I have no reason to doubt any of that.

So what is it that convinces people that there must be some conspiracy? You sure don't have the same optimistic, even rosy, outlook that I have. You don't have the experience of rolling quarters down the halls of power (when nobody is there, rolling a US quarter on a marble floor in a marble hallways results in a SERIOUSLY interesting sound) that I have. In fact, you seem to come from a darker, pessimistic, point of view where things are 'out to get you'. In some countries, that is totally understandable. Greece...well, Sapator should be optimistic, but he has plenty of past history to fuel any suspicions of his government. Eduardo, as well, has plenty of reason to doubt. The Economist has covered the twists and turns in Argentina with what could be charitably described as optimistic dismay (they keep hoping for the best and always falling short).

I feel that I have a significant amount of control over how my life turns out, even though the biggest events in my life were all dictated by others. Still, those big events have always turned out quite nicely, and those who caused them have always been people I've really liked and who have liked me. If that isn't your experience, perhaps you have reason to believe in a malevolent other.

That's what the post was about: What would prompt you to believe in a sinister conspiracy? I was speculating that it was your life experience that created the mental model where such a conspiracy is even plausible. After that, confirmation bias is enough to do the rest. We all have that in common.
    My usual boring signature: Nothing

PowerPoster

So let's recapitulate.
    Suspender from Facebook.
    Wiki bash him.

I need a Xanax.
    It seems to swing both ways. Some dismiss him because of the claims of misinformation and some seem to think it proves he's right. Plus the interview was removed from You Tube, obviously he is right. lol

if you don't want to eat the spinach soup you don't need to. you can eat your micro-pizza.
    not sure why you make a big deal about it.
    its a free world and you decide who you want to be.
    nobody is telling you that you need to change or believe in other things.
    its quite tiring. just tell "I don't want" and go on with your life.
    stop trying to justify yourself.
    Yeah, if you don't agree with his opinion, keep it to yourself. How dare you voice your own opinion.

So let's recapitulate.
    Suspender from Facebook.
    Wiki bash him.

I need a Xanax.
    Sapator...we have bumped heads a couple of times and you have been "nice" when even I think I broke forum etiquette. I appreciate that. Let me respond:

Suspender from Facebook.
    Wiki bash him.

So that is enough evidence that he does not know was he is talking about
    My God absolutely...But I will say this to you sir with all respect to you and your opinions. President Trump, in my opinion, killed a 1/2 a million Americans with hubris, false claims of election fraud, delaying Covid response, and negligence. Put aside while the country was in a pandemic he was usurping an election. If you want to disagree I will start another thread with serious backing about what I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Eduardo- View Post
    So, there is an philosophical issue here.
    Some people seem to believe that every opinion is equally valid, because as we all all human, and fallible, all opinions and points of view are valid the same.
    Who? It seems like everybody in THIS discussion does NOT believe every opinion is equally valid. We just all have decided which are valid and which are not, but none of us seems to think they are all valid. I'm not sure that we could, since they tend to be mutually contradictory.
    In that view, there is no truths, facts or falsehoods, it is just something that is built in the mind of each one, and that's it.
    Yeah, that's pretty much the case in all things. Were you aware of the research that showed that when we remember something, it isn't like retrieving from a hard drive. Instead, you erase the memory when you remember it, and lay it down again. That has led to some research that would block the 'lay it down again' part, thereby causing the memory to be lost (rats that had learned a maze could be caused to forget the maze, if I remember how it was done..but that's always an issue, of course). What that means is that anything you remember is false. Every time you remember it, you have a chance to alter some little piece such that the memory is changed by every act of remembering. Thus, the more you remember some event, the more it diverges from what actually happened. That's one of the reasons why eye-witness accounts are considered to be so unreliable.

So you and I don't agree. Big deal. In a very real sense, if we were to discuss this particular sentence without having it in front of us, we wouldn't remember it the same. And that sentence is pretty innocent compared to life in general. So we don't agree on what is happening, what has happened, or what was even written in this thread. So what? It's inevitable. That's why point of view seems like it might matter. My optimistic point of view shades how I see things. It's a rosy hue, to be sure (assuming that has the same meaning to you as it does to me), but's it's certainly shading. You have a shading as well. We could disagree simply because of that shading.
    I believe that there is an objective reality, that we as subjective beings connect better or worse to it, but that there are truths and facts out there.
    Our ability or inability is to be able (or unable) to connect to those truth and facts, that won't change based on what we believe or don't believe.
    I'd like to say that I believe the same way on this. The problem is that I'm a bit too aware of things like that research on memory. After all, you can never go back to even the point when you began reading this sentence. If you have the opportunity to alter a memory every time you revisit it, then your past is nothing more than a story you wrote. Facts start out solid and real, then start to blur and run the further you get from the event.

So, the older I get, the more I begin to realize that there is not necessarily one set of objective facts and truths. Everybody can start with the same view of the elephant, but over time their memories of that view will begin to diverge from that objective truth. Since you can never go back in time and view the elephant from the same point in both space and time, you can never check that your memory of the objective truth is correct. If that is the case, there may be an objective truth, but we can't know it. We've all distorted it and all we have left is the distorted memory, which we keep distorting more over time.

I need a Xanax.
    Did you get one? Does that mean you've been to Xana do? Or is it Xana did?

PowerPoster

I don't read long posts. JFY all to know.
    (Or may be next year.)

PowerPoster

I feel that I have a significant amount of control over how my life turns out, even though the biggest events in my life were all dictated by others. Still, those big events have always turned out quite nicely, and those who caused them have always been people I've really liked and who have liked me. If that isn't your experience, perhaps you have reason to believe in a malevolent other.
    I agree with and like the way you described your view on people. But I got a few minutes to kill so I'll take exception to this opinion.

My life, from childhood was filled with violence and lies. Since I was @ 50 things have calmed. But I never believed any worldwide cabal or malevolent other I definitely have trust issues. lol

You watch multi-hour YouTube videos and won't read a long post?

Still, I know what you mean. Long posts really do suck. I felt that I had caused enough turmoil with the earlier half-post that I ought to explain myself a bit better.

OK...I'll give it a shot. He is banned from Twitter and suspended from Facebook for misinformation that can be threating to public safety. To me that is enough to dig deeper than the video posted here but you seem to think that is my responsibility...not the people making the posts.
    I'll be honest. Being banned from the mainstream like Twitter and Facebook makes me even more interested in what the subject of these bans have to say.

I don't really know the intimate details about what you guys are fight about over here and I really don't have that much interest in this Covid mess and all the shenanigans in the media behind it. However, I can speak a little bit about these media wars between the mainsteam and "subversive" content creators providing an alternative view. Over the past few years I've grown to despise mainstream media because it promotes many lies. Now I can't speak on Covid but I do consume a lot of "subversive" content that is banned in the mainstream discourse and what I have noticed is that alternative media sources outside of the mainstream tend to be a lot more grounded in reality. The content I consume is more about social justice issues, feminism, relationships, gender relations and the like and all I can say is that the mainstream media is goddamn insane! I wouldn't trust anything the mainsteam has to say on anything, even Covid. I want to hear what all the people who were ostracized from the mainstream have to say. Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of kooks outside of the mainstream too but with a little common sense and some life experience, you can pretty much tell the reals from the fakes. I listen to people try to bullshit me all day IRL so I feel pretty confident I can filter the good from the bad when I see stuff online.
    Treeview with NodeAdded/NodesRemoved events | BlinkLabel control | Calculate Permutations | Object Enums | ComboBox with centered items | .Net Internals article(not mine) | Wizard Control | Understanding Multi-Threading | Simple file compression | Demon Arena

Copy/move files using Windows Shell | I'm not wanted

C++ programmers will dismiss you as a cretinous simpleton for your inability to keep track of pointers chained 6 levels deep and Java programmers will pillory you for buying into the evils of Microsoft. Meanwhile C# programmers will get paid just a little bit more than you for writing exactly the same code and VB6 programmers will continue to whitter on about "footprints". - FunkyDexter

There's just no reason to use garbage like InputBox. - jmcilhinney

The threads I start are Niya and Olaf free zones. No arguing about the benefits of VB6 over .NET here please. Happiness must reign. - yereverluvinuncleber

PowerPoster

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of kooks outside of the mainstream too but with a little common sense and some life experience, you can pretty much tell the reals from the fakes
    That's interesting. No problem with confirmation bias in telling the reals from the fakes?

This term "mainstream media" sure gets thrown around a lot. Where's that line at, if it's on You Tube it's not mainstream? If it's on TV, any TV channel, then don't believe it? Can you apply "with a little common sense and some life experience" this to any media? Or is it that anyone who who watches the evening news, PBS, Science Channel are not smart enough to do that.

PowerPoster

Plus the interview was removed from You Tube, obviously he is right. lol
    So we obviously have guys here, who are not the slightest bit curious,
    why on earth that happened...
    I also fail to comprehend, what's so funny about obvious censorship...

The "removal" is a simple, undisputable fact - can't see, where "conspiracies" come into it.
    And BTW, all the "flat-earther-videos" are still online - apparently Youtube has no problem
    with nutcases who are "spinning their yarn"...

So, I'd say a few questions are normal, like e.g.:

- What were YT's exact reasons for that specific removal?
    - Why was there a removal in the first place (free speech, anyone)?
    - What on earth did the guy say exactly, to deserve to be censored?

I personally refuse to be put into your convenient "conspiracy-baskets" -
    just for thinking about the 3 questions above (trying to get a few answers,
    to round up my view on "real, observable things", and putting them into context.

Olaf

PowerPoster

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy Hiker View Post
    You watch multi-hour YouTube videos and won't read a long post?
    At first I didn't feel like spending 3 hours listening to Malone, someone that I knew a bit but now (after watched it) I think know much better.
    Anyway it took my attention from the first part.
    But I did just because Olaf recommended it.
    I don't regret any minute I spent.

On the other side, when I read someone that thinks that "we live in a wonderful world", and seems to think that the reality can be modeled as be approach it or think about it (yes, in small things or things that depend on us, I agree, but just that), I feel that that person is so much out of reality that I don't want to even try to show that to him.

I could try, but please reading small parts and right to the point.

It is like I feel I'm am miles away, trying to help someone to come, but this person is not only too far behind, but is trying to go in the opposite direction.
    And I have to admit a defect: patience is not my main feature.

What's all that idea of "we like in a wonderful world", is something zen or what?

PowerPoster

I don't really know the intimate details about what you guys are fight about over here...
    It basically started here: https://www.vbforums.com/showthread....=1#post5550690
    ...after simply posting a link to a YT-banned video, in which a longer 3h-interview took place
    (with a guy who did groundbreaking work in (m)RNA-based vaccine-research).

And what then followed was the typical: "la-la-la-la-la, go away - I don't want to hear it - la-la-la-la-la"...
    ... by some of our "more objective guys" here

Olaf
    Last edited by Schmidt; Jan 3rd, 2022 at 06:50 PM.

Page 110 of 137 FirstFirst ... 1060100107108109110111112113120 ... LastLast